Cesaro *Raw*

Gotahn

The One.. The Only.. The Last...
So, I don't know if any of you watched the extra hour on the draft showed on the WWE Network; but, I found something interesting. They were doing (as I saw it) unscripted promos for the drafted wrestlers and Cesaro had a lot to say. He seemed visibly pissed being drafted to the flagship show. He also responded by saying he was pissed because JoJo asked here about the unity of Stephanie and Mick Foley, saying he doesn't care about them and the show should be about the wrestlers. He wanted to be drafted to Smackdown and it visibly showed in this promo. Do you guys think this was scripted or do you see any real ramifications coming from this. Just a thought.

So, I don't know if any of you watched the extra hour on the draft showed on the WWE Network; but, I found something interesting. They were doing (as I saw it) unscripted promos for the drafted wrestlers and Cesaro had a lot to say. He seemed visibly pissed being drafted to the flagship show. He also responded by saying he was pissed because JoJo asked here about the unity of Stephanie and Mick Foley, saying he doesn't care about them and the show should be about the wrestlers. He wanted to be drafted to Smackdown and it visibly showed in this promo. Do you guys think this was scripted or do you see any real ramifications coming from this. Just a thought.

Cesaro has been saying he wants Smackdown for a week now, I don't think this is any different. The promo might have been unscripted, but Cesaro kept the kayfability alive and his story about wanting to go to Smackdown. Maybe we will see a trade down the line.

Apparently Cesaro's interview is the only one not to be uploaded to WWE's YouTube channel, so take that as you will. Keep in mind that WWE is no stranger to worked shoots and this very well could be one. If Cesaro was legit shooting, well, I hope whatever punishment he faces, if any, isn't too severe. Raw needs him.

Cesaro was completely on point though, and I wanted to high-five him last night during his promo. Maybe they're doing this to add some anti-authority edge to him. Not to the extent of Austin or even Punk, but just a guy who passionately believes wrestling matters more than anything. It would only help him. Telling the world that Stephanie needs to sit her ass down somewhere and let the wrestling shine will only make Cesaro more beloved.

Maybe the story will be Stephanie, peeved at Cesaro's comments, trades him for a Smackdown superstar. I could also see that happening.

Cesaro should've been on Smackdown from the start! Every one there, Del Rio, AJ, Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt, etc are all fresh feuds for him.
I listen to the interview last night and quite honestly its the best I've heard Cesaro on the mic. I doubt it was scripted, none of the interviews last night really felt like it.

I dont see Cesaro being punished, nor do I see anything storyline wise coming out of it. I would've agreed with kpg about a trade, but Smackdown needs every star on their roster, they can't afford to trade anyone on par with Cesaro off.

Apparently Cesaro's interview is the only one not to be uploaded to WWE's YouTube channel, so take that as you will. Keep in mind that WWE is no stranger to worked shoots and this very well could be one. If Cesaro was legit shooting, well, I hope whatever punishment he faces, if any, isn't too severe. Raw needs him.

Cesaro was completely on point though, and I wanted to high-five him last night during his promo. Maybe they're doing this to add some anti-authority edge to him. Not to the extent of Austin or even Punk, but just a guy who passionately believes wrestling matters more than anything. It would only help him. Telling the world that Stephanie needs to sit her ass down somewhere and let the wrestling shine will only make Cesaro more beloved.

Maybe the story will be Stephanie, peeved at Cesaro's comments, trades him for a Smackdown superstar. I could also see that happening.

They didn't upload Cesaro's interview because they screwed up the stats and gave him Bubba Ray Dudley's (Best guess) stats of 280 lbs and 9 time tag champion, Debuting in 99'

They'll probably edit the shot and upload it, but they don't want to toss a botch up on their channel immediately.

He probably likes the more relaxed atmosphere at a Tuesday tapings when Stephanie McMahon isn't promoted as the hardest person in wrestling. But he'll get more of a look in on Raw, especially when they make the mistake of giving him a match against Reigns and his popularity steamrolls from there.

On a live production, WWE can easily cut mic or camera feeds if anyone went off on a legit shoot. That's why I believe that it was a work.

Time will tell, of course, but Cesaro has been simmering around the mid-to-upper-mid-card for quite some time now, perhaps WWE are finally going to flick the switch and start his push to the next level?

lmao smart fans get so confused the minute you throw an air of legitimacy into the product.

My guess would be that it was a work. Cesaro is smart enough to know that the brand split opens up higher slots on the card, so why would he risk a clear mid-upper card placement to vent his frustration at the on-screen GMs being a focal point of the show? Finn Balor also said he was irked that he wasn't drafted soon than he was. Do you all think Finn was shooting as well?

What I would bet on though, is that it wasn't a scripted promo. I'd guess he was given notes on "sound pissed off about not being on Smackdown", and he nailed it.

I didn't hear it. But it's a work. A wrestler is complaining about management. It's not new. It's a great position for Cesaro to have. Working with Stephanie means that WWE thinks you're good enough to work with Stephanie. I don't know if it will go anywhere but this is a good sign for Cesaro.

A wrestler complaining about management in a backstage interview? It's almost certainly a work despite Dave Meltzer's proclamation from On High that it's a shoot. Cesaro doesn't strike me as the type who bitches about not getting things his way or not being used in the way he thinks he should, the guy's an old school pro who's always made the best of whatever he's been given, so I don't see that just suddenly changing right out of the blue.

EDIT - It's a work because WWE interview posted on the main page at WWE.com.

I was really pleased to see Cesaro actually showing emotion, then I realized it was a shoot, but it had me convinced for a few minutes. He has said before he wanted to go to SD so maybe that's why it was so believable at first. Wrestler's unless they want to get hung out to dry just don't do that shit though. All they have to do is look at Ryback to see that. Cesaro doesn't strike me as the type either, he's a company man.

I'm a Cesaro fan and hope he doesn't get lost in the mix on RAW again. He should have went over Jericho last night, have no idea why Jericho keeps winning but that's a topic for another thread. Would like to see Cesaro in a feud with Rusev and maybe capture the US title, although I think he's already held it if I'm not mistaken. At this rate would enjoy seeing any belt around his waist, God knows the guy has put the effort in.

Cesaro made the right call with that promo. We're all talking about him. If he'd have made a bullshit statement about being ready for competition on Raw and kissed management's ass, nobody would have cared. WWE loves "shoot" stuff these days and every time a performer does this kind of thing it is a risk. What remains to be seen is if the risk pays off. I agree with him that he'd be better off with Shane and Daniel Bryan on Smackdown. Raw needs him more, though. Cesaro is amazing and has the potential to be a World Champion. He absolutely should be pushed on the flagship show. Let's hope he doesn't become an undercard workhorse like Ziggler.

He absolutely should be pushed on the flagship show. Let's hope he doesn't become an undercard workhorse like Ziggler.

Dude. He's the face undercard workhorse, and has been for a few years now. He more or less took the role from Ziggler.

I found the interview to be very telling of the remainder of Cesaro's career. He gave arguably the best promo of his career and he still stumbled over his words and had to stop to think before he spoke. Granted he mentioned the speaking five languages thing, and I have heard from bilingual friends that when they aren't speaking their native language they often stumble when speaking for longer periods of time, but if Cesaro can't nail a simple two minute interview without issues, then he will never be more than a midcard workhorse.

At least his interview wasn't as awkward as Kalisto's lucha thing.

I found the interview to be very telling of the remainder of Cesaro's career. He gave arguably the best promo of his career and he still stumbled over his words and had to stop to think before he spoke. Granted he mentioned the speaking five languages thing, and I have heard from bilingual friends that when they aren't speaking their native language they often stumble when speaking for longer periods of time, but if Cesaro can't nail a simple two minute interview without issues, then he will never be more than a midcard shithorse.

That was bad, he started off the interview by botching his words and kept talking over
himself until he just said, "Screw it." and walked away growling about something.

Kalisto should never speak without a script ever again.

Obviously it was scripted.. Everything that happens in WWE is 100% scripted whether you like it or not. It's amazing fans on the internet still believe wrestling is real.. It's all fake, everything about it, especially the promos.

Would like to see Cesaro in a feud with Rusev and maybe capture the US title, although I think he's already held it if I'm not mistaken.

He held it back when he was with Aksana. He proved to the world that any promo longer than a few minutes from him would put people to sleep. I can attest to this. Literally.

Probably a work. I say that with this question in mind though; if WWE didn't give him a script or bullet points before the interview, can you call it a shoot? I feel like all the backstage interviews during Draft Centre were off the cuff and done without much input from the shmos backstage. Kalisto obviously fucked up royally and Del Rio seemed legitimately pissed off in his interview. Cesaro was probably speaking without the higher ups knowing what he was going to say, same as all the guys interviewed seemed to be. If someone wants to label that a shoot, I won't argue with them.

If it was a work, we'll probably see something come out of this. Most likely some backstage segments involving Steph. If not, he'll probably be punished by jobbing to lower level guys for a few weeks. I just wish they'd put Cesaro in an intriguing program. He doesn't have to main event, and he won't, but some diversity in his feuds would be nice. At least Ziggler got some interesting programs during his time as the mid-card standard. Cesaro's feuds are as generic as Jack Swagger, and he almost always comes out on the short end.

I found the interview to be very telling of the remainder of Cesaro's career. He gave arguably the best promo of his career and he still stumbled over his words and had to stop to think before he spoke. Granted he mentioned the speaking five languages thing, and I have heard from bilingual friends that when they aren't speaking their native language they often stumble when speaking for longer periods of time, but if Cesaro can't nail a simple two minute interview without issues, then he will never be more than a midcard workhorse.

Well, it wasn't smooth, but he covered all of his points and didn't really screw up. He covered himself well in the promo, and smoke with intelligence and what he actually had to say has got everyone talking. I outright enjoyed it. It wasn't magic. But it was solid, and sometimes that's all you need. You don't have to give an amazing promo to be a world champion. Especially with two titles.

The only real issue I had is that his frustration was so contained. It came off real, which was great, but there wasn't a whole hell of a lot of passion. Which could be really good if they actually make this a storyline and let it build. Frustration turns to anger, anger turns into a brutal rage. It could really work for his character. Buuuut I'm not optimistic about that.

I just watched the interview. I'm 95% sure that was a work but I feel for what he's saying. I'm sure a lot of what he said came from a frustrated place. Unfortunately, WWE is a character driven organization. You can have all the skills in the world and that still will not be enough for WWE to pull the trigger. The problem is not not his skills, WWE just feels that Cesaro is not marketable.

"I never thought I could return. But then Shane McMahon called me and told me he wanted Smackdown to be more about the wrestlers than the management. And I thought: I can go back to that!"
-Daniel Bryan

That's the angle they're playing here, guys. The workhorse guys feel like Stephanie hogs the spotlight. They'd rather work for Shane because he doesn't make the show about himself. Cesaro was just furthering this kayfabe idea by echoing Bryan's sentiment.

All of this will be settled by Monday night. One can usually tell if a wrestler is in the doghouse by the way he's booked pretty damn quickly. If Cesaro loses to Sin Cara, doghouse. If he interacts with Stephanie or Foley or gets any sort of promo time, not in doghouse.

Of course it is 100% work and a storyline. I mean it's hilarious when you have both brands that belong to WWE and then suddenly someone is upset because he isn't part of a certain brand. Back then during the first brand extension 10-14 years ago I would get it if someone was upset if he wasn't part of the Raw brand because of the history of the show, the flagship show and because it's live but why would anyone be upset right now (like Cesaro is) if he's part of the Raw brand. The goal of every wrestler is to come to WWE and to be used as much as possible on the A show Raw and PPVs and then suddenly he hates being on that show because WWE pretends now Raw has competition and both brands hate each other?:D
Because SmackDown is more in ring action oriented? It's not like the whole WWE main shows were known as Ring of Honor, New Japan or even NXT when he signed with the company,
Because of the authority nonsense with Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon? The WWE is known for 18 years for the authority stuff that takes up precious TV time, nothing new.
So it must be scripted and a worked shoot, anything else makes no sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back