Cena Can't and Won't Be Drafted!

Yodude "The Rock" Barber

Can you smell what im cookin'?
Ive been reading some threads lately about the WWE draft. Everybody wants and thinks that John Cena will be drafted to Smackdown. Ill tell you, Cena cant and will not be drafted.

Im sure, a lot of people want Cena to be drafted off to Smackdown. But it shouldnt and cant happen. If Cena is drafted, Ratings are going to plummet even more than they have been. Ive talked to some of my friends about WWE. The only reason they watch RAW(And they dont watch SD) Is because of Cena. If Cena is gone, Theyre no longer going to watch Raw. Now im sure ratings for SD would increase slightly, but not enough to cover what was lost in the Raw ratings. Plus, Raw is the flagship show, Not SD. Why take your top money maker and ship him off to the B show? It can't and, shouldn't happen.

If Cena were to be drafted, WWE will quickly realize what Raw is without him, and trade him back to Raw.

My questions to you are:

Will Cena be drafted to Smackdown?

If Cena is drafted, what will the effects to Raw be?

Do you think Cena Should be drafted to SD?

well if vince does what he said he wants to do and make smackdown the top wwe show better than raw then cena will get drafted as will other top guys over to smackdown so never say never

he shuld be traded to smackdown to make thea raitings go up
they have randy orton on raw and with him they can make the ratings go up coz he a big face now

I believe having two mega faces (Orton & Cena) on the same brand isn't a good thing. So having one of them being on Smackdown wouldn't be so bad.

If Cena IS drated to SD, I feel RAW will not be the same without him & it will even the ratings between SD & RAW up a bit. However if that's the case, it will open the case for having the rosters under one show to be more likely.

If I was going to put one of the two mega faces on Smackdown I would put Orton on SD because he would draw more & have existing bad blood between some of SD's wrestlers (Edge, Taker, Cody & Kofi being the prime examples). So to answer your question, NO Cena shouldn't be drafted to SD, RAW is his & will be his for many more years.

Yodude "The Rock" Barber;2762475 said:
Ive been reading some threads lately about the WWE draft. Everybody wants and thinks that John Cena will be drafted to Smackdown. Ill tell you, Cena cant and will not be drafted.

Im sure, a lot of people want Cena to be drafted off to Smackdown. But it shouldnt and cant happen. If Cena is drafted, Ratings are going to plummet even more than they have been. Ive talked to some of my friends about WWE. The only reason they watch RAW(And they dont watch SD) Is because of Cena. If Cena is gone, Theyre no longer going to watch Raw. Now im sure ratings for SD would increase slightly, but not enough to cover what was lost in the Raw ratings. Plus, Raw is the flagship show, Not SD. Why take your top money maker and ship him off to the B show? It can't and, shouldn't happen.

If Cena were to be drafted, WWE will quickly realize what Raw is without him, and trade him back to Raw.

My questions to you are:

Am I reading this right? Your friends only watch Raw because Cena is on it and they don't watch Smackdown as he is not on it?
What does that say to the wrestling fans?.
Or more to the point what about the rest of the WWE rosta? Sure I'm a fan of John Cena as you can see from my profile but Im a fan of the whole product and not just Cena. He may be the face of WWE at the moment and rightly so, but come on, a true wrestling fan may be a bit pissed off if he were to leave but WWE will continue due to the fact of the fans who love the product and the rest of the WWE rosta and not just one little part of it.
Smackdown may be the B show but that is only down to the fact of it has not been around as long as Raw, has fewer wrestlers on the rosta and at the moment, the main player of smackdown ( Undertaker ) is out injured so the story lines are not as good as the Raw story lines. What would happen if Cena was injured and was out for almost a year like HHH has been? Would the WWE go under? No of course it wont. If Cena is drafted then he is drafted. end of him on Raw that's all. The ratings are dropping because of people making the conclusion that the whole weight of the WWE rests on the shoulders of Cena. It does not. Vince knows what he is doing if this is going to happen so let it play out and then see.

I seriously doubt it for the same reasons outlined by Yodude. Cena is Raw in the same way that The Undertaker was Smackdown. If Cena left Raw, their ratings would likely plummet. We of the IWC may run Cena into the dirt, and in many cases rightfully so, but many of the other fans who don't comment online absolutely love the guy and what he does on Raw. Vince knows that the guy makes money and is likely to keep him on Raw as that constant "cash cow" (for lack of a better term) to keep ratings up.

A likely drop in viewership on Raw, although I doubt Vince would even consider this without a backup plan. More than likely, if he was, he would attempt to replace him with someone else, perhaps a newly returned Triple H, but they'd have to have at least one major babyface, and at this time, Orton's really not that believable in that role.

No, no I do not. My reasons have already been outlined.

Cena can be drafted and possibly might be drafted. That being said, I doubt he will be.

Your position though, is incorrect to be honest. Just because Cena is moved to Smackdown, it doesn't mean that people will automatically stop watching Raw. Yes, there may be some people out there who are literally just watching Raw for their fill of hustle, loyalty and respect but I would like to think that most people are just watching it to be entertained and more than just John Cena can do that.

At the moment, there are a lot of talents on Raw that are clogging up the main event and even more talents that could take up the position that would be left if John Cena were to leave for Smackdown. People like John Morrison and CM Punk could easily step into the actual main event and Raw might not actually miss John Cena all that much. The only effect to Raw, if John Cena left, would be that the people who are booing him every week would be slightly happier and would stop bringing down the live crowds with their incessant bitching.

Whether he should be drafted or not, is open for debate. Smackdown could definitely use some more main event talent on Friday nights but John Cena needs to be on Raw, I think. John Cena is still one of the biggest talents on either of the brands and people still tune in to see him on Monday nights. I wonder how many people would follow him over to Smackdown? That being said, I still like seeing Cena and I would likely watch Smackdown for him. That might just be the plan of the WWE, if they cared for the brand that much...

Wow,did i read the OP right.so when cena went out in 2008 did it have any effect on the ratings,hmmm NO.What about when he missed RaW 2 weeks ago,let me think....NO.
Raw has lost many stars thoughout the years,thats how this buisness goes...John CeNa and Undertaker will be on the same brand if Taker tells Vince its his last yeAr,because CeNA vs Taker will be his last WRESTLEMANIA fued...Not to mention Vince says he wants to make SMACKDOWN the #1 show,whitch to me means he wants to even the shows out,and the Raw rating will stay in the 3 range no matter what,and what easier way to make SMACKDOWN a 3 then to bring thier "cash cow" over to smackdown.The Raw rating is safe,i see the youth movement is in fulleffect and i think Randy Orton & possibly a face Jericoh or HHH will be enough to carry RAW.

!!just 1mans opinion!!

So I'm not the biggest John Cena fan, not even slightly. I know he can put on a show, but I'm not down with the Super Cena things. With that being said Raw would be horrible with out John. He is the face of the show and the company, and quite frankly not many people tune in to watch Smackdown and I doubt they would if John was drafted. Lets face it Friday night is a hard night to make time to watch TV. I'm not a party animal like I was in my younger days, but even now I just have problems finding time to catch Smackdown. GOD BLESS DVR I can catch it that way, but the move of Cena would be horrible and just waste everything he offers to the company.

cena wont be grafted to smackdown and i dont think he should. the ratings for raw would significantly decrease. what might happen though is put orton on smackdown to even things out and try to boost their ratings.

Im not a Cena fan I dont Hate him but I dont like him either so I dont care if he's drafted to SD!
but do I think he will No I say Orton has a better chance of being drafted than Cena
Raw the ratings would stay the same ordrop slighty cause there's more than Cena on RAW
Do I think he should NO I think HHH should get drated to SD! as I really enjoyed Trips on SD! back in 08

No way in hell will John Cena be on Raw. But, the reason I am even speaking is because I highly disagree with you're thread. First of all, if he were to move, it would be a good thing. It would allow big time superstars to get regonized And younger stars like Jo-mo, Bryan and sheamus would become top superstars and ratings would go up for the blue brand and make it interesting.

How could some one call themselves a so called wwe fan when they're watching it for one reason john cena? I actually don't watch it for cena I watch it because I'm a fan I dont even like cena I dont care if he's on tv or not.

Anyways smackdown doesn't need John Cena. Smackdown was doing fine when it was just jeff hardy, edge, triple h, bigshow and the undertaker in 08 or when it was just CM Punk and Jeff feuding in 09. That being said Smackdown just need more main eventers not cena he could stay over on raw the only reason I even care about cena right now is because of CM Punk. I respect the guy to the fullest but in my eyes I just can't be a fan of his anymore.

Then so what if raws ratings drop it just seperate the wwe fans from the john cena fans. Then Smackdown's rating will increase which isnt bad at all even if Raw is the A show, things change sometimes.

Ok, to answer the first question, I don't work for WWE creative, so I don't know if Cena will move to Smackdown or not. I could guess, but that's neither here nor there.

As for the 2nd and 3rd questions, they kind of go together so I'll just answer them both at once, my reasoning will explain why I think he shouldn't.

Myself being a wrestling fan, I would watch Raw w/out Cena there. That's just a given. However, and I don't know how many of the casual fans are out there who are in the position I am, but the cable line-up I have does not include ScyFy but includes USA. This means that I currently am not able to watch Smackdown and have to read the spoilers.

That being said, if there are casual fans out there who watch the show PRIMARILY or even solely for Cena, say they are in the same boat and can't afford to pay for, or just don't see the reason to upgrade to, an upper tier cable line-up. That would mean that those viewers that watched Raw because they enjoyed watching Cena on the channel they got would not tune in anymore because he's not there and instead watch Pawn Stars, All Worked Up, or whatever. This would obviously lower Raw's ratings.

I know, I know, it's a stretch to think that a significant number of viewers have a similar channel line-up as my area. But, what if? Should you keep Cena where he is and maybe just send Orton and one or two other upper level guys over to Smackdown so that Raw stays where it is and Smackdown increases it's viewership too? I would think that was a more logical step to try first instead of just jumping in headfirst and then realizing it isn't working. Maybe you could even research the number of households that have USA compared to ScyFy and deduce if it would be a wise endeavor or not. Maybe they already have. Can't say for sure, just throwing a scenario out there to speculate on.

So to answer the question, if my example actually has some merit, then no, I don't think he should be drafted.

Well...what an interesting little thread.... First Question.

Will Cena be drafted?

VERY highly doubt it. It just doesn't seem believable. I can picture him making the occasional appearance, but those are JUST that. Having Cena on the smackdown ROSTER (to those who don't know how to spell properly) is like having someone like John Morrison in an MMA fight. It just won't happen. I'll go back to what CripplerFrogSplash said. Orton is the second biggest baby face on Raw. I think it was made very clear that fans are behind BOTH of them when they hugged it out in the ring at Survivor Series last year. One of them has to go. Orton has to be drafted. Again back to what CripplerFrogSplash said, Orton has more enemies there than Cena does (I'd like to add one more, Jack Swagger). Orton needs to go to Smackdown...NOT Cena.

If Cena is drafted what will the effects to Raw be?
Well. It would survive, but it would be dying painfully slow. As much as everyone in the IWC doesn't like to admit it, they don't hate Cena ALL the time like they say they do. If they hate Cena so bad, why are they begging to see Taker vs. Cena? They only hate Cena SOME of the time. And their excuses for hating him are old. So As much as they don't want to admit they don't hate Cena, we know they don't and they know Cena can put on good matches. So what does this mean? 1/3 of the people that watch Raw are "little kiddies", and 1/3 are true Cena fans. The other 1/3 is IWC fans, and they don't really hate Cena. They tune into see what Cena does that night. I know i tuned in to see him wrestle CM Punk, and i started watching in the PG era (yeah big deal give me shit about it OVER THE INTERNET. I've seen old school wrestling tapes, i know the different styles.) and it was a DAMN fine match. So really, Raw would plummet slowly without Cena even though it has great talent.

Yes I do, but i also think that HBK fans should STOP asking him to come back and leave him the fuck alone and let him live life with his kids instead of his fans. Neither of those will happen

if he doesnt get drafted to smackdown i do think rany orton should at least get drafted.
these are the 2 biggest stars in wwe and i think each guy should be on a different show and since cena is the face of wwe i think he should stay on raw. smackdown is lacking in talent and i think they need 1 or 2 big names to make smackdown better. the 2 names i think that should be drafted are randy orton. orton is a huge fan favorite and drafting him to smackdown could result in alot of fans tuning on fridays to see him. this could greatly benefit smackdown. the other guy i think that should be drafted it sheamus. as of now he still stuck with morrison. dont get me wrong they have had some amazing matches but hes going nowhere. if its true that he will be fueding with triple h when he returns that is a good way to finish him off on raw. once hes done with the triple h program i think sending him to smackdown could really help his career. he could have some great fueds there. rey mysterio, big show, undertaker, edge just to name a few. i truly believe these 2 could really help smackdown.

Well, tell me truly, how many of you don't look forward to seeing Cena on RAW?? How many of you said thank god or good McMahon when Cena was still appearing on RAW when he got fired?? How many of you don't watch SD just because it lacks the starpower of RAW created by Cena?? Well, Cena is the cash cow of the WWE and... the casual fans all around the world look forward to seeing him and he's on RAW so people watch RAW. Believe me, no, or maybe very less casual fans watch SmackDown! just because it doesn't have Cena. Plus, I said earlier that Cena couldn't be taken off T.V and that caused the creative team to crush a very to-be-exciting angle and ruin it and still, you think RAW could do without Cena for a year? And, Taker will always remain on SmackDown! and having Cena there will be the downfall of Monday Night RAW. So, I think, "Cena Cant And Wont be Drafted!"

well if vince does what he said he wants to do and make smackdown the top wwe show better than raw ....

I can't imagine why Vince would want to make Smackdown the main show. He's already created an institution on Monday nights and tearing that down in favor of a weekend show seems counter-productive, to say the least. Lots of people go out Friday nights and WWE has a better chance of catching them in front of their TVs on Monday. (For the same reason, I thought Smackdown was better off on Thursday than Friday).

By the same token, why look to remove the star player from the flagship show? A couple of folks in this thread point to guys like Randy Orton as being mega-faces in line with Cena, but face it; there is Cena and there is everyone else. He's the main guy, whether you like him or not.

Since there's been more cross-brand appearances lately, I think it would be great for Cena to make frequent appearances on Smackdown while still keeping RAW as his main location. That way, everyone gets to see him more.

Oh it's certainly possible that John Cena might be drafted. Of all the "impossible" things that can happen in wrestling, Cena heading to the Blue Brand might happen.

However, it's highly unlikely that Cena will be drafted to SD! Even if he does go to Team Blue, I fail to see how that will equal people no longer watching Raw. John Cena is a huge star but let's not go nuts here. Time and time again the WWE has shown that no single name on the roster is bigger than the company. If Cena were to go to SD!, I doubt that Raw's audience would decrease.

At the moment, it might be beneficial to SmackDown! if Cena were to go there. There's a lack of main eventers on the Blue Brand at the moment and having Cena there to help elevate some guys into the upper mid-card/main event scene could be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back