Possible Antonio Cesaro push?

HiddenInPlainView

Occasional Pre-Show
On Raw tonight Cesaro squashed Zac Ryder in his usual impressive fashion. After the match he grabbed a mic....my expectations were low as i figured that he would be buried even more by yodeling. To my surprise he cut a pretty decent promo basically saying the no one on any of the shows can hang with him in the ring. He sounded agressive and pissed off. With this change in attitude could we possibly be seeing a push for Cesaro as a monster heel that just destroys anyone who steps in his path?

I certainly hope so. Knowing now that he isn't on bad terms with WWE, I think he could be going the route of Ziggler (dropped the US belt only to prepare for a main event push a year later.) I've said this earlier in the year and I'll say it again...

Cesaro will win the WWE MITB match and cash in on Cena at or around Survivor Series.

hopefuly they are preparing him for a world title or wwe title push.when i saw him do a flying uppercut to khali i marked the fuck out for him.i was like this guy needs to be main eventing!he puts on so many great matchs.awesome worker in the ring he just needs a good storyline.

maybe he wins mitb this year?or they call ohno up so they can reform kings of wrestling in wwe and dominate the tag divison.either way im willing to bet he'll hold a major title this year.

I was thoroughly impressed with Cesaro's promo tonight! Wow what aggression he showed and passion. I have always liked Cesaro not the yodeling bullshit but the soon to be monster in the ring that is Antonio. He is the strongest pound for pound guy in the WWE he is a beast for sure.

If the MITB is held again in July i fully expect him to win and cash in at Survivor Series! He is a future world champion book it

I would hope so , I dont know if he should go up to wwe title right now or even at survivor series but in the future yes. He still has a lot more needed in building his character up, give him a couple of years to develop more good wwe type character qualities. Having said that I wouldn't be unhappy with him going up to the title picture theres fuck all else happening Ryback/sheamus/ Orton/ Swaggar/ Del rio/ Big show/ Henry or good but not great are average Cena is too but he draws so you can justify him being there. Shield will get there in time hopefully punk will return and Dbry will get back in the title picture . So I would rather he waits so he dosen't flop but the title picture needs someone interesting so why not

Cesaro got my attention on Main Event last Wednesday. He was in a different mind set on that night and put on what I think is his best match since coming to WWE, and he's had some very good ones at that. As they showed on Raw last night, he attacked Kofi after the match and said something to the effect of "You don't take from Antonio Cesaro. Antonio Cesaro takes from you" before yanking out some of Kofi's hair. Frankly, that's a level of aggressiveness we haven't seen from Cesaro until then.

His promo on Raw last night was short & sweet. It wasn't revolutionary or anything, but it's FAR better than what we've heard from him thus far. Cesaro has dumped the stupid yodeling stuff, praise the Lord, and looks to be in a much tougher, more passionate mind set.

Since Cesaro came to WWE, he's shown himself to be one of the most solid guys in the ring on the roster. I've legitimately felt that there's been tons of untapped potential in Cesaro. On Main Event last Wednesday & Raw last night, I think we've seen some of that potential start to come out. It looks like all the anti-American foreign stuff is gone and I think that's for the best. Cesaro did his best with it but, frankly, there just was so little with such a character to work with.

While it wouldn't bother me to see Cesaro head to a World Championship picture, I like the fact that it looks as though they're keeping him feuding with Kofi for the time being. Cesaro had a good run as US champ overall, although he was buried during the last few months of his reign. I think getting another mid-card title run in which he's portraying a character that fans can sink their teeth into before heading into a main event feud could be beneficial for both Cesaro & the mid-card title scene.

When it was first announced that Orton would face Cesaro on Main Event, I wasn't all that excited. I figured that it'll be a good match but Orton already has it in the bag. However, after last night & after being reminded of this new side of Cesaro that we first saw on Main Event last week, I have to say that I'm interested in watching this Wednesday. Orton walking out with a win simply isn't as much of a dead lock as I thought. However, I'm not going to let myself get too worked up about Cesaro because if he jobs out to Orton this Wednesday, then his sudden change of character might not mean much of anything.

It would certainly be ironic to see him get a push after his U.S. championship reign featured loss after loss. It seemed odd to focus on a champ who wore the belt but rarely defended the title against the top guys who were beating him; which is perhaps another way of showing how little this particular title is worth.

Any indications that a push might be starting stem from the attitude he displayed last night, because simply beating Zack Ryder doesn't mean much of anything.

Still, if management makes deals with performers ("C'mon, Phil. Lose to Cena tonight and, in exchange, we'll give you a world title reign that lasts over a year.") it's possible that Antonio was promised a hefty push if he jobbed to almost everyone whilst wearing a title belt.

If so, he fulfilled his part of the bargain.....let's see what happens now.

That promo last night could be the moment we look back at and say that's when it all changed for Cesaro. He had a good push with the long US Title reign, then after dropping it to Kofi he seemed lost for a few weeks. But after that promo I think he did a great job in shifting his character and taking it somewhere that it can grow. Looking forward to seeing how he is used in the coming months. As another poster said I could see him winning one of the briefcases at MITB and we all know what that leads to.

At his current state, I would dread seeing Cesaro in any World Title picture. He's one of the most entertaining guys to watch in the ring. His strength to size ratio is amazing. But he's about as boring as it gets on the mic. It didn't help that he was saddled with an awful gimmick that's way past it's time. Maybe they're headed in a new direction with him, and that's fine. It could lead to better things. We'll have to wait and see. But squashing Zack Ryder is not anything to be psyched up about.

MITB really seems like something that would be good for him. It would give him time to establish a better character while holding the briefcase.

The promo and squash match was pretty much just a way to make him look like a treat for is Match against Randy Orton on Main event, nothing more. If by some miracle he does win in a strong fashion against Orton on wednesday, then i would start to believe in a push for him but i doubt that's going to happen.

Cesaro is unquestionably unique and gifted in the ring. when he's not yodeling, he's pretty decent on the mic too. and he's definitely got the build and look that gets positive attention. i like him a lot.

his US Title reign had tons of potential that was mostly untapped. in fact, pretty awful. he had incredible matches with several main event talents, but Miz was his only notable feud. overall, his reign pretty much sucked. missing Mania didn't help.

but none of that was Cesaro's fault. at least, i don't think so. if in fact he's gonna get a push as a multi-dimensional heel, as opposed to the one-dimensional foreign heel, i'll be very happy for him and for myself as a fan.

i disagree with the MITB briefcase though. minus Cena, every MITB winner has cashed in for a World Title and that'd likely be a good thing for Cesaro and the WWE in general. but holding the briefcase doesn't automatically make a superstar relevant or give them time to build a character. Bryan and Ziggler spring to mind. but i'm starting to digress.

back to topic -- Cesaro is fantastic. my hopes are for him to be pushed up the card towards the World Title picture with Ziggler/Swagger/Del Rio or to reform his tag team with Ohno and help the Tag Title scene for awhile. either way, so long as he is pushed this time around and not fed to the rest of the roster like he was while champion.

Cesaro was in one of the most meaningless us title reign ever and jobbing to maineventers for god how long. Now you guys want to give him MITB and push him to the moon only to flop as hard as Jack swagger. Slow down there.

I think ppl need to understand why this guy is no going over in the first place. The guy display no charisma, character, mic skill etc. Where are the intangible? Regardless of how good he is in the ring, cesaro wont go over as one dimensional wrestler. IWC notion is that good wrestler = wwe maineventer. That notion has been proven wrong time after time. Dbryan and punk didn't go over because of their in ring ability, but with their character. Im not making this up. Even on on VOW, Paglino last monday made the same remark about the failure of the cesaro getting over. He has no intangible

I have no idea what creative is doing with him, one moment hes jobbing and another moment hes beat zach ryder. This "aggression" attitude he apparently developed is not going far if he doesnt find his character and dsiplay believable promo work. Whats even screw up is that he already won the midcard title so freaking early, so there wont be that stepping stone moving forward. Look at kofi and barrette who have won the midcard title multiple times, they are litterally floating around as midcard champion with no purpose.

Sure he can always win MITB and win that supposedly called "world heavyweight championship." What cesaro needs to do is find an intriguing gimmick, character that hopefully will go over with the crowd.

Antonio Cesaro's potential push is something that is desperately needed for him right now. The yodeling all but killed any momentum he had. Him getting on the mic and speaking his frustrations a little, it was nice to see. Hopefully it leads somewhere good for him. I see him as a top candidate for Money in the Bank this year so hopefully they begin to elevate him up the card.

I'm prepared to say that Antonio Cesaro is the most dedicated to his in-ring work in the whole WWE at the moment. His matches are must see, whether he is jobbing, squashing, winning, etc. His moveset and strength are incredible and he keeps everyone's attention despite WWE's attempts to seemingly discredit him. I'd love if he got a solid push soon because he really deserves it and it would be awesome if his losing streak actually was leading to something other than a burial.

One can only hope...

I try not to get my hopes up, especially over one match or whatever. But, when it comes to Cesaro, anything besides him losing is good for me. I TRULY love watching that dude wrestle, and the quicker WWE realizes having around pure wrestlers is a GOOD thing, the better the product would be. An aggressive Cesaro is an even better scenario then I hoped for. Seeing him get on that type of gimmick, and destroying people is believable, and is music to my ears (eyes :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back