Calgary Region, Seattle Subregion: First Round: (7) Roddy Piper vs. (26) Great Khali

Who Wins This Match

• Roddy Piper

• Great Khali

Results are only viewable after voting.
Khali has bad knees, Roddy is one of the most wily guys ever to step in a ring. It is not complicated maths to work out who'll win. Knee shots and a sleeper, bye bye Khali.

Yeah, because everyone who tried to take out Khali's knees beat him. Worked well for HBK didn't it? No, he lost. Undertaker couldn't beat Khali in his prime straight up and neither could Batista or Kane. I'm looking at wrestlers in their prime and prime Khali beat everybody he faced. Can't say the same for Piper.

I can't picture Khali beating Piper. Khali may be bigger and stronger but Piper is defineitly smarter. Piper would find a way to beat Khali. He would rake the eyes, use low blows, bite, scratch, choke, and do whatever else is necessary. I think Piper would run circles around Khali and keep him off balanced. Let's not forget Piper's finisher. It's the sleeper which is the ideal finishing move when facing such a big man. If Piper can sitck and move for about ten minutes he can tire Khali out and then put him to sleep.

The problem with the first part is that Khali moves too slow to really chase his opponents; his matches are done at a turtles pace because it's ideal to keep himself from tiring out. Piper can run all the circles he wants to around Khali, it's not going to do him much good if his strikes have no effect.

Lowblows are out, eye rakes and pokes? Khali is too tall, and what's Piper going to do after the eye poke? Hump his leg?

Piper isn't tall enough to hook on the sleeper with having to jump on his back, and Khali could just as easily throw him off... especially if he hasn't been worn down at all.

Smarts don't really help a person when they're up against an unstoppable force.

Khali has bad knees, Roddy is one of the most wily guys ever to step in a ring. It is not complicated maths to work out who'll win. Knee shots and a sleeper, bye bye Khali.

[youtube]0KdkGdzZ49I[/youtube]

Yes, because targeting Khali's knees followed with a sleeper would just work brilliantly :rolleyes:

Here Danielson, a wrestler much quicker and more agile than Piper, logically targets Khali's knees first. Then he uses a front sleeper, which manages to drive Khali to his knees, but then he counters with power :rolleyes:. All it takes is one move to shift the momentum back to Khali's favor, and then Danielson is fucked.

What would stop Khali from using the ropes to hold himself up? How about something simple, like he is in the center of the ring.

And you know they'd be in the center of the ring how? Are you psychic?

What is so unlikely about someone falling to his back after getting kicked in the nuts? Also, you make it seem like the referee missing something is so rare and unlikely. Umm... It happens more times then the referee catches someone doing something illegal.

If a steel chain to the balls [kane WM] didn't do much of anything, then what the fuck is a foot to the balls going to do?

I don't think it is a such a stretch for Piper to be able to roll outside, grab a chair and get back in the ring while Khali is hurting from getting kicked in the balls and a slew of punches. It isn't like Piper has to run backstage to get a chair, it would be right there on the outside of the ring. It would literally take 10 seconds for Piper to grab it.

And then Khali kicks the chair right back into his face because the low blow and the slew of punches barely even hurt him. If Piper were as smart as his reputation, he wouldn't leave the ring to get a chair until he had somehow found a way to take Khali down first.

The fact of Khali locking on the Claw and it not being broken is a dumb statement if Piper immediately responded with a kick to the nuts. Besides, I never said Piper would break out of the Claw, I said as Khali attempts the Claw, Piper kicks him in the nuts.Piper was actual Boxer, so it isn't a stretch that his punches would do enough damage after a Low Blow to give him the short amount of time needed to grab that chair. I also stated that when Piper was getting back into the ring with the chair, Khali was beginning to get up.

:lmao:

Undertakers punches barely had any effect on the man at all, so you're going to suggest that Piper's punches would somehow be more potent? Yeah right :rolleyes:

LOL @ A Low Blow not doing enough damage to have Khali down for a solid 10-20 seconds. He is huge but I guarantee his balls are just as sensitive as Rey Mysterio's.

Steel chain to the balls incapacited Khali long enough for Kane to slam him, but even that combo wasn't enough to put the man away. Piper connects with a low blow that the ref somehow doesn't see? Then what, he lays into Khali with more strikes that barely hurt him?

If he can go down from being hit with a stick in his arm by Finlay, a kick in the nuts, coupled with 10-15 punches from Piper, can keep Khali down for the 10 seconds needed to get a chair.

That "stick" isn't just a piece of wood, it's made from hard wood which means it would probably be akin to being leveled with a metal pipe. You are delusional [and not thinking objectively] if you think that Piper's punches would effect Khali more than something like that.

And you know they'd be in the center of the ring how? Are you psychic?

Not at all. But seeing as how I am in control of my own vote, and think Piper would win, it is a likely scenario. I think if the match was booked to happen that way, me stating that Khali would grab the ropes would sort of defeat the purpose, no?

If a steel chain to the balls [kane WM] didn't do much of anything, then what the fuck is a foot to the balls going to do?

First of all, we are not talking about Kane, or any past matches of Khali's. We are talking about Khali versus Roddy Piper and constant use of examples really make no difference in this particular match. Sure, I brought up Finlay, but only to show you that someone CAN get the upper hand against him, especially when using a weapon. Your examples of Taker and Kane in no way trump those videos of Finlay and Hornswaggle getting the better of Khali. You targeting things that I say, will in no way swing my vote, or would have, had I not voted already. I think your reasons for Khali defeating Piper are repetitive to say the least and becoming more and more outlandish.

And then Khali kicks the chair right back into his face because the low blow and the slew of punches barely even hurt him. If Piper were as smart as his reputation, he wouldn't leave the ring to get a chair until he had somehow found a way to take Khali down first.

A true genius is at work here. WATCH OUT, folks!! As I fuckin' said before, Khali IS down, due to a Low Blow and Piper's punches. But he begins to get up pretty quick because it doesn't hold him down long. Piper doesn't use the chair. It is a decoy to throw the referee off, so Piper can use the true equalizer, the knucks. How could Khali kick the chair back into Piper's face if Piper never tried to hit him with it? The chair is strictly for the referee's attention.

Damn you laughed it off? How is that possible when you are currently talking out of it?? You are a tricky, tricky little guy. Maybe Piper should take notes from you, since you are the real magician.

Undertakers punches barely had any effect on the man at all, so you're going to suggest that Piper's punches would somehow be more potent? Yeah right :rolleyes:

Once again. Not talking about anyone else but Piper and Khali. But, since you bring it up AGAIN, here you go. As much as people call Undertaker the "Best Pure Striker In WWE History", Umm... He doesn't really hit anyone, buddy. Roddy Piper was a fuckin' Boxer!! His punching or striking ability is no gimmick handed to him, like The Undertaker. Piper can actually KO someone with a punch. Or are you unfamiliar to what boxing is?

Steel chain to the balls incapacited Khali long enough for Kane to slam him, but even that combo wasn't enough to put the man away. Piper connects with a low blow that the ref somehow doesn't see? Then what, he lays into Khali with more strikes that barely hurt him?

Once again, we are riding Khali's dick here by bringing up Kane. Maybe I need to check the thread title again. I swear it was Khali Vs. Piper. Hold on, I'll check...

Hi, I am back again. I checked and YES, it is Khali Vs. Piper with no mention of Kane or Undertaker. Hate to play the role of spoiler for you.

That "stick" isn't just a piece of wood, it's made from hard wood which means it would probably be akin to being leveled with a metal pipe. You are delusional [and not thinking objectively] if you think that Piper's punches would effect Khali more than something like that.

My delusions are masked by my intelligence. In no way will you ever find anything that warrants me to be considered delusional.

That stick isn't just a piece of wood? Hmm... Not sure how that is possible. But, I'll tell you this, if it was loaded with a pipe or something, I am sure they would have said so. You are now resorting to making shit up to try to prove your own delusional point? k...

Now that your point was ruined, your defense is the power of Finlay's stick? lol... THAT'S IT!!! I am creating an alt so I can vote for Khali, because Finlay has a really hard stick!!

No... thank you for [again] missing my point on Khali not being the same character as Big Show, or Andre, or Kane, or Taker, or Yokozuna, or any other big wrestler.

No, he's absolutely not. He's not as fast as Show, Kane, or Taker, doesn't have the skills, etc. etc. I fail to see what point you're getting at here. You just listed guys that are all better than Khali saying Khali is not them. Yes, we know that.

And the basic premise is that littler guys have taken down bigger guys before. That fact can't be argued.

I've already explained that just being "wild and crafty" just isn't going to cut it against a guy like Khali. Think objectively... just how is Piper going to get the chance to use all these different equalizers when he's getting crushed by Khali? Logically, Piper has to create some kind of opening first to use weapons effectively.

And by that logic, none of the smaller guys that have beaten Khali, or any other big man, would have won. Yet they did. Finlay got the chance to use the shillelagh on many occasion, even after being pummeled the entire match by Khali. Don't see how this proves a case.

A low blow would normally work, but as I've pointed out, they don't work too well against Khali. He'd have use high risk moves to take Khali down long enough to prepare a weapon without the ref noticing it.

Huh? I just posted the vid where ONE low blow, from HORNSWOGGLE no less, worked just fine to stun Khali. One single shillelagh blow later, he's pinned. Now how does that make a low blow from Piper and a quick shot w/the brass knucks impossible??

High risks moves are dangerous to use, and Khali can just as easily chop Piper out of the air. Another thing is that Piper is logically going to be getting dominated the entire time, and he doesn't have the strength to suddenly pick Khali up and slam to turn the momentum around, so how is Piper going to A) find a way to put Khali on defense, and then B) find a way to take Khali down long enough so that he can subtly use a weapon without the referee seeing it? He can't use a low blow, and high risk moves have a 50/50 shot, and if he misses he's fucked.

See above match w/Finlay. All of these "limitations" you pointed out Finlay has, and arguably moreso, yet he still pulled off a victory.

Piper has way too many disadvantages in this match to overcome logically without plotkaiing a victory.

As is the case w/any underdog coming out on top match. Yet they happen.

Realistically, the most likely senario for this match would be Piper getting himself intentionally DQ'ed just to survive.

Not the most likely, but one I did also add in my comments.

I think you're basing your opinion on the beat down, present day Piper that you've seen on the one or two occasional Piper's Pit special every couple of years or so. I'm basing mine on the competitor that Piper has been and as a result gives him his remarkable legacy.

I think you're basing your opinion on the beat down, present day Piper that you've seen on the one or two occasional Piper's Pit special every couple of years or so. I'm basing mine on the competitor that Piper has been and as a result gives him his remarkable legacy.

Hey. That sounds a little familiar there, fucker! ;)

Anyway... I think the line of reality, and the opposite of that, has been crossed in defending Khali over Piper. Everyone has a right to an opinion. That being said, my opinion is Piper beats Khali and there isn't anything in my mind at all that resembles a doubt on that.

This is a tournament to crown the best, not the most robotic looking, stiff, lame dip shit to ever step over the ropes, into the ring. Otherwise, Khali defeats Giant Gonzalez in this tournament final, or perhaps they wrestle to a Draw.

The fact of the matter is, once Piper slides on those shades and realizes Khali is an Alien, it is all downhill from there for The Un-Great Khali.

"I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum"... I can see it now. Piper will drag Khali to this little place in between Parts Unknown and DudleyVille. It is called Frog Town.

Of course, I could be wrong here. I mean, the barbaric nature to which Khali displays his true intensity in front of us all is borderline a violent crime. The way he dances and leads the "Kiss Cam" every week is illegal in 25 states!

Shit, let us not forget the insanity and uncontrollable nature to which Khali carries himself with, when he is in combat. Just look at what he did to Beth Phoenix in the Royal Rumble. GOD, the dude is more "Savage" than Randy!

Khali better hope he doesn't blow any smoke in Piper's face, or he will end up laying next to Morton Downey Jr. and Adrian Adonis, wearing the same pair of red underwear that Piper stripped Brother Love down to at Wrestlemania 5. :)

I kind of feel dirty for voting for The Great Khali, but I see this match ending a number of ways.

* Piper, being the smart and crafty wrestler that he is, wears down Khali and exploits Khali's weaknesses but to no avail. As his frustration increases, he resorts to dirtier tactics and eventually gets disqualified from the match.

* Piper wears Khali down enough to be able to lock in the sleeper, only to have Khali stand up and fall on his back, driving Piper into the mat, then pinning him.

* Piper, is able to legitimately wear Khali down to near victory, only go get hit with a chop to the head, then get planted with the Punjabi Plunge.

No scenario allows for Piper to advance.

Khali has beated men from Rey Mysterio, to The Undertaker to Kane to Shawn Michales. He has won handicap matches. I think in the end, The Great Khali would prove too much for Roddy Piper to handle.

It's a tough one this. The first thing you have to realise, and it's a point that's been made, is that this match would never be booked to happen in the primes of these men. A monster heel vs conventional cheating heel just doesn't really work out. With that in mind, it's probably wrong to consider the dominant period the newly debuted Khali had, because they were always against wrestlers who didn't cheat. It's hard to imagine Piper not simply getting Khali counted out in some manner, taking advantage of him being a massive slow stupid cunt. Either that or he'd use one of the other two ways Ziggler did to defeat him. If Piper was a face, Khali would win, but he isn't so he won't.

This is really nothing more than a comedy match when you think about it. Piper is one of the reasons that wrestling is what it is today, while Khali is just another foreign big guy who didn't work out. Piper either squashes the giant or wins by DQ those are the only two ways this could work in my mind.

This would be nothing but a glorified game of cat and mouse. Roddy is a smart enough wrestler with enough history in this business to know not to stay within striking distance of a monster the size of Khali and there is no doubt that he has quite a bit of speed over the Punjabi Nightmare. If he could get him tired enough, a shot or two with some brass knucks could finish him and maybe a low blow for good measures. The "mean" Khali did indeed beat some major players in the wrestling business but they were all the type of people who never gave up, who would always get up and be right there to give him all they had and that in the end was the downfall of many. Roddy? He's dirty and he isn't going to mind winning in a cheap way, it doesn't matter to him. He has done so much more in this business, you can actually understand what he says and he can literally carry feuds with his mouth. Roddy never really faded out and especially not as quick as Khali, he was able to stay relevant for a very long time and that is one of the stronger differences. With the Hot Rod being a lot faster and a lot smarter, I could see him outsmarting Khali and actually winning by count out or something. Khali has his manager but he was never a difference in any big match and definitely not enough to close the gap between the two.

I went with Rowdy Roddy Piper in this one. Granted, the Great Khali is a huge specimen of a man. But he is absolutely terrible in the ring. Zero mobility, less than zero skill level, with the charisma of a turnip. Piper is a much smaller man, but he is quicker, more skilled, and most importantly, he's cagy, he's smart, he's tricky. I would see Piper exploiting Khali's immobility, to outsmart him, outwit him, and ultimately pin him.

There's simply no way, especially in a kayfabe world, that Piper poses to this hack.

Khali may be abysmal, but as a heel, nothing could beat him. And in a way, rightfully so. His opponents would struggle endlessly to beat him. Most of the major feuds involving him revolved around hitting him with a finisher or abandon hope. That was the case for both Triple H and John Cena. Yeah, Khali lost. Because those guys were the top faces of WWE. Roddy Piper? Nope. He had a knack for failing when at the top. I don't see why he should stop now. I love Piper as much as the next guy, but face or heel, this is the kind of guy Khali would get a win over to get over.

What.. the hell?! How is Roddy Piper even remotely winning this match-up? I get that the Khali everyone is playing off is the guy who does the kiss cam, and stupidly dances around with midgets and divas.. but lets get something straight, that Khali is not THIS Khali.

This Khali, would be the same one who flattened the Undertaker.

[youtube]Eibk74qbZis[/youtube]

[youtube]BTaSqhkFRrk[/youtube]

Now you can reply back with the Street Fight that Taker won later on, but the fact is - Khali (in a regular single's match) dominated, destroyed and TOOK everything the Undertaker had to offer - and it didn't phase him. Piper is not the Undertaker, and in no way, shape or form has anything to remotely offer in comparison to Taker.

One hit dropped the Undertaker for a 3-count. That same hit, would cripple whatever isn't already broken in Piper's body.

Khali was a monster in his prime and Piper is not strong enough or cunning enough to overcome that. I see Piper using a foreign object to knock Khali down but Khali kicks out of the first attempt. Piper will try again later in match but this time the referee spotted it after Ranjit Singh alerted him to the act and Piper is DQed. There could be a beat down after the match but the match is already lost. Khali to win this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back