Calgary Region, Seattle Subregion: First Round: (15) Christian vs. (18) The Miz

Who Wins This Match

• Christian

• The Miz

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Key Arena, Seattle, Washington

key-arena.jpg

#15 Christian

christian-1.jpg

Vs.

#18 The Miz

The-Miz-New-WWE-Champion1.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I'm much more of a mark for Christian than I am, or ever will be, for Mike Mizanin. That's right Miz, I remember when you had terrible attire and couldn't wrestle to save your life, even if everyone else has decided to forget.

However, I can't see Miz losing in the first round. I'm taking into account both men, in their prime. Christian is better at just about everything they both do, but this is exactly the kind of match Christian would lose. Miz would cheat, and there's no doubt about it. Unfortunately, against my better judgement, Miz goes over.

This was a difficult decision, because I really like the two of these guys. In the end, though, I went with the Miz, simply because whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or whether you do not, he has held (and is still currently holding) the WWE Championship, something which Captain Charisma has never done, even though a lot of guys in the IWC think that he should have.

Throw some injuries in there for Christian, plus his brief stint in TNA which detracted from his career in my opinion, plus the development of the Miz over the last couple of years, and I would give the edge to the Miz, by a hair.

My vote goes to Captain Charisma. I'm going to do this one on how the match would turn out in my eyes.

Christian has the experience. He's been in there for over 12 years. He's always been a great mid-card wrestler, with a wide variety of moves. He's tough, agile and has decent technical skill. I think he would use all this to wear Miz down. I think the one thing will be his experience. He would use that to get Miz frustrated and get him to make mistakes. With Christian being able to go anywhere in the match, Miz wouldn't be able to figure him out fast enough before he got taken out.

Christian by Killswitch 10 minutes in.

What a difference a year makes. I will start out by saying, I prefer Christian over the Miz, but no way in my right mind could I rationale look at this match and vote for Christian. Christian has been in the big leagues for 13 years now, and has barely sniffed the main event scene. Politics or whatever, I get that, but facts are facts. He might now be realistically entering into the World title scene on smackdown. Sure, he had his run in TNA, but pretty much anyone that leaves the WWE for TNA gets the belt thrown on them.

The Miz has accomplished more in the last year as a singles wreslter then Christian has his entire career. I don't like it, but facts are facts. The Miz should win this match.

This is a difficult one I like both of these guys and arguements can be made for both.
Christians- experience and in ring ability(I believe he is better than miz)
Miz- Has and is currently holding the top title in the wwe. Is still young and will be in the main event for years to come.

In the end I will give my vote to captian charisma here.
The reason is that his experience would give him that edge over miz. People need to remember that this match isn't for a top title, so that wont be holding christian back here. I could see christian going over and miz ranting and raving about the fact that he lost in the first round but is still awwwsome

I'm much more of a mark for Christian than I am, or ever will be, for Mike Mizanin. That's right Miz, I remember when you had terrible attire and couldn't wrestle to save your life, even if everyone else has decided to forget.

However, I can't see Miz losing in the first round. I'm taking into account both men, in their prime. Christian is better at just about everything they both do, but this is exactly the kind of match Christian would lose. Miz would cheat, and there's no doubt about it. Unfortunately, against my better judgement, Miz goes over.
I remember too [YOUTUBE]DEKe8qYoV4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Overall though im going with Christian, he has wins over bigger superstars than Miz does, and most of them were CLEAN to, something Miz isn't too familiar with.
Winner: Christian after a long 19:00

Wow. This is good. Real good, but after a year The Miz had, I'm going with the Awesome One.

Miz has greatly improved from 2009, and becoming the U.S. Champion helped push his career because everyone thought after he was fed to Cena he would not be a main eventer, and he proved them wrong. He's now the most must-see WWE champion in history (DAMN YOU COLE!), and now he's main eventing WrestleMania, its a complete turnaround for him, and he deserves it from all the crap he's been getting since he got into the business from Tough Enough.

Christian is great, his mic work is great, but what has kept him from a world title is that Vince doesn't like him. Vince believes he's gonna be a mid-carder cause he has a build like one. But him and Miz are about the same size. Vince's gonna have to double check on that. However, he hasn't climbed the top of the ladder since ECW folded, and now he's a flounder looking for food on Smackdown.

Going kayfabe, Miz goes for the Skull-Crushing Finale after a good 12 minutes of back-and-forth.

My vote: HE'S THE MIZ AND HEEEEEEEEEEEE'S AWWWEEEEEEESOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!

Had a tough time with this one but at the end, I'm going with Christian.

I've always thought Christian was a better in-ring worker than the Miz although the latter is improving each and every week. Christian has beaten Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Chris Jericho. Miz may have Alex Riley but Christian has Tyson Tomko who can neutralize Riley. I just see this as a match Christian will win around the 15 minute mark.

Christian has 14 years plus of experience under him, he's a multi time Intercontinental Champion, European Champion, he's a nine time Tag Team Champion, was one half of one of the best WWE made Tag Teams of all time in E&C as well as being a former ECW Champion and NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

The Miz has is a multi time Tag Team Champion, multi time United States Champion and the current WWE Champion, the one thing he has over Christian is that WWE Championship but as stated in another thread where I upset the "big boys", Championships don't neccessarily mean you're the better man.

Christian in an actual match would have a vast amount of experience on The Miz. Miz even now is portrayed as a weak Champion, so Christian would have to dominate throughout. I can see The Miz taking the upperhand for a while but still Christian would catch him with a Pendulum Kick followed by the Flashpoint.

The end coming with Christian going for the Unprettier, but Miz reversing it, going catching Christian when he makes the turn and goes for the SCF, but Christian rolls through and following a duck from a Miz clothesline attempt catches him and hits him with the Unprettier. For the one, two, three.

If it isn't obvious, I vote Christian.

I see this being one of the heavier debated matches of the first round. So many people resent The Miz because he has already achieved what Christian never could. Others recognize Miz as a great talent and don't see Christian as main event material. No two guys (besides Morrison) have generated as much conversation on the forums in recent months.

I'm voting Miz here. You could argue that both guys are in their prime right now. I don't see Christian beating Miz today. If these two were to wrestle tonight on Smackdown who would win? If you answered Christian you're kidding yourself. He may need assistance from Alex Riley but there's nothing wrong with that. Miz to the second round.

In a theoretical match Miz would win... easily...

Christian has still yet to break the world championship glass ceiling [in the WWE], while not only has the Miz done so, but he's currently the man to beat on RAW and will be headlining Wrestlemaina.

While Christian is a strong upper mid carder, he's the type of character that would be fed to the Miz a week before Mania so that the Awesome One could prove that he's ready for the competition.

Like some others, I'm pretty torn here because I'm a fan of both of these guys. Chrisitan is beloved by the IWC and I think is one of the few internet darlings that ultimately does live up to the hype and praise that he gets. I think Christian could have been a great main event talent in the WWE.

The Miz is someone that I've become a fan of and somebody I respect. He's worked hard, he's pushed himself and is someone that doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. I don't think Miz will ever get the respect he deserves from net fans but The Miz has a lot of talent and deserves to be in the spot he's in.

I seriously think that this match could go either way and I can't really blame anyone for who they vote for. I fully expect Christian to take this match because, as I said, the IWC loves the guy but I just can't quite make myself vote for him here. Christian is someone that's been in the big leagues since his mid 20s and he's never made it to the big leagues in the WWE. I think he could have made it but the fact of the matter is that he didn't and he hasn't. When you look at The Miz's singles career over the course of the past 16 months or so, it just overshadows anything Christian has done throughout his entire singles career.

This would be a great match and a competitive one but, in this situation, I have to go with the guy that deserves and has made it to the dance rather that he one that deserves to but hasn't. I'm going with Miz for the win between the 15-20 minute mark.

Toughest pick of the first round maybe. But Im going for the champion who is going to headline Mania with two of the biggest names of all time.

As decent as Christian's run in TNA was, with his World title runs, it doesnt compare to the much more impressive run that Miz has had in the past year or two. Hell, Christian can only dream of having the year that The Miz has had in 2010.

I think eventually Miz will get this vote from me. But, at this point, I find it hard to vote for him over Christian.

Even though The Miz has achieved that WWE World Title that Christian lacks, I find Christian to be much better in the ring. It truly isn't hard for me to see The Miz getting this victory because of how he is being booked at this moment, especially with Alex Riley probably being involved.

But, The Miz's strong point so far, is on the mic. I find Christian to be comparable to The Miz, if not better on the stick. So, I give my vote to Christian, and he beats The Miz with a Killswitch.

The Miz might have won a World Title which Christian hasn't but I believe that Christian has had a better career overall than Miz. The future might be Miz's or he might end up in a dustbin with a pair of rats as his pillow. Not trying to demean Miz but I am just stating that you know nothing about the future so it is better not to speculate about it.

Christian was a part of the tag team revolution that took place in the WWE in the late 90/ early 2000. Miz was in an impressive tag team as well but it does not compare to the awesomeness of E&C. I would argue that not only were E&C damn great in the ring, they were pretty entertaining personalities as well. Christian has been a solid midcarder for years. Not to mention the fact that he actually strung together a great feud with a face Chris Jericho, something which the likes of even Randy Orton have been unable to do. Even when he is competing for the midcard title against a Matt Hardy or someone of that kind, Christian is able to get a pretty great reaction. Remember the reactions that Miz got when he faced R-Truth? It was as if the audience had been replaced by an army of crickets. I am not even talking of Miz's early career. This happened just before Miz won the WWE Championship.

Another point worth noting is that Christian's peak was in 2005 when he was playing the heel version of Captain Charisma. It could be argued that he ruined his chances of winning a World Championship in the WWE by going to TNA at that point. But the point also worth noting is the roster at that point. In the main event we had guys like a fresh John Cena, Triple H, Batista, HBK, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero etc. Do you think that Miz would have won a championship had he been a part of such an impressive roster? The only guys Miz had to compete against for a championship were Cena, who was busy in a feud with Nexus, and Orton, who needed a heel to feud with and the only heel he had not feuded with upto that point was Miz.

I am not trying to take much away from Miz but I am almost 90 percent sure that Miz would have won jack squat had his peak come in 2005 than in 2010. As it stands Christian is a better tag team wrestler than Miz as well as a more accomplished midcarder. Other than that he is a better in ring worker too and can give Miz a run for his money on the mic as well.

Vote for Christian!!!!

Christian is superior in almost every way, but kayfabe, Miz is already way ahead of him. In the past 2 years he has accomplished more significant things than Christian has in his entire career. Christian may have won the big title down there in the Minor Leagues, but Miz is the World Champion in the big show and he's on his way to headlining Wrestle-fucking-mania.

I'm sorry, there's just no way I can justify voting for Christian here.

I agree with rattlesnake. We often hear in this tournament about how you can't judge people from the Hogan era by them not getting the title. In this situation you really start to see how what it means to be champion in the WWE right now is at a new low. Jack Swagger did not even make it in the tournament yet most people are basing their Miz vote simply on him accomplishing something not all that different than Swagger did. Everything Miz does Christian does better. Christian is better on the mic and much better in the ring. Everything Miz has won except the WWE title Christian has won and then some.

Miz has 5 tag team title reigns counting the 5 minutes from monday, Christian has 9. Miz won the US championship twice, Christian is a 3 time IC title winner and 1 time european champ. Christian won the NWA title title twice, pinning Sting to win it on one of those occasions (more impressive IMO than cashing in a briefcase and barely escaping that threat Jerry Lawler) and the ECW title twice, including the longest reign as champ in WWECW and the other time he beat the aforementioned Swagger. Christian was every bit as good as these youth movement guys, he just did it at time when that wasn't enough. Voting for Miz just because he is holding the title at a low point in its value is a sham. Who has Miz actually beat? Christian can be every bit as dirty of a heel and he has actually backed it up at points.

List of some wrestlers Christian has defeated: Angle, Sting, Booker T, DDP, Big Show, Kane, RVD, Jericho, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, British Bulldog, Benoit, Taz, Edge yet you want me to believe Miz obviously wins kayfabe?

I gave my vote to The Miz here. I do think Christian is the better wrestler, but this is a match that The Miz finds a way to win. Even at the top of his WWE career Christian was the type of guy that Miz would get the win over after an Alex Riley distraction and a Skull Crushing Finale. Miz has used his craftiness and cheating ways to become a WWE Champion, something Christian has never been able to do despite all his talent.

Miz wins this one after that deadly distraction-Skull Crushing Finale duo.

Wow, tough one right?

Well if today or tonight these two guys would have a match, Miz would win it. But I feel it would be because he is the current WWE champion. That being said, if we took a match where neither are champion, I think Christian would win. It's been a difficult call but I just prefer a litlle bit more Cap. Charisma than the Awesome one. I don't have solid arguments here, it is just a personal choice. I like both men alot, but I like a litlle bit more Christian.

Alot of my first round votes have been based on who has accomplished more inside the ring. I have to take a completely different approach for this match as clearly The Miz would have one based on that criteria.

I like The Miz. He has really come into his own as a character and wrestler. However I wasn't always a fan of him.

While Christian has also grown into his own character and improved as a wrestler, I have always been a huge fan of Christian.

My vote goes to Christian based on pure personal preference - but would like to see an actual match between the two as it has potential to be very entertaining.

Christian is one of my favourite wrestlers here, and it hurts to have voted against him. Well it doesn't, but I'd like not to have done so. I voted against him because he has not managed to transcend into the main event. Christian is probably better than the Miz at everything except getting the crowd at large to care, and that is what's most important.

It's fair to argue that Christian was held back by politics, but does anyone at all think that Triple H is best mates with Mike Mizanin? Is he fuck. Look, I want to vote for Christian, and shattered dreams' argument makes a lot of sense, but the fact of the matter is, when the chips were down and it really mattered, The Miz became world champion. Christian won a title in a TNA that was very different to the Post-Angle TNA, where he didn't look very good once again.

wow this may be the toughest first rounder. I went with the miz because hes the current wwe champ which christian has never been and ive never been a huge christian fan. the miz is the future of the wwe

The Miz has beaten the hottest man in the WWE at the time, a man named Randy Orton, for his first title reign. He retained his title in his first title defense against the same man. Miz and Lawler produced a decent feud and decent matches. While it is debatable who made a bigger contribution to the feud and matches, it cannot be argued that Miz was a liability and did not contribute to them. The Miz had one of the longest reign of the US title and might have had the longest ever if not for dropping the title to Bret Hart for the feel good moment.

Christian is good but he cannot compare to the Miz in terms of Kayfabe accomplishment. He won a major title while at TNA but that was more due to him being an ex-WWE wrestler jumping ship than anything. As soon as the bigger name Kurt Angle arrived, he was relegated to the backseat again. The unprettier is an unbelievable finisher as they come, taking too slow to set up and your back is facing the opponent. Christian has Tomko and his coalition to help him out but they screw up more than they helped most of the time. On the other hand, Miz's help Alex Riley and Cole has saved his title already.

The Miz win because he has better accomplishments in terms of titles, is the current WWE champ, and is not the Creepy Little Bastard.

The Miz has accomplished more in the last year as a singles wreslter then Christian has his entire career. I don't like it, but facts are facts. The Miz should win this match.

Let me just counter that, by pointing out this..

Chris Jericho - 12.09.01/03.17.02 (lost title to Triple H)
Edge - 1.08.06/1.29.06 (lost title to John Cena)
Rob Van Dam - 6.11.06/7.03.06 (lost title to Edge)

The point with the above 3 names are this. Each one, when they won their respective Championship matches.. did so as mid-carders who were trying to break through to the Main Event status. Jericho was the only individual, until now with Miz, who kept his Championship longer than a month or less and carried it into a Mania title match.

Now, I'm willing to bet that Cena wins the title at Mania, beating Miz, and that continues the streak of mid-carders who have short lived title reigns and fall back to mid-card status until once again getting another go at the top branch later on.

The overall point is, just because he won a World Championship in the WWE, especially in today's WWE, does not mean he's better than someone who hasn't. Christian may have 2 things working against why he hasn't yet won that same title.

1.) He left (willingly) to go work for the opposing Company, where he defeated BIGGER names (Sting, anyways) for a title that at the time was the NWA Championship.

2.) He's had injuries hit him through the periods of time in the WWE, when he's seen his best pushes against top named Superstars.

Two more names you can add to the above list are Jeff Hardy, and Jack Swagger. Both men received their shot at being Heavyweight Champion, for a couple of months. However, once they fell - either they left the Company to become a star elsewhere, or they've fallen back down to mid-card obscurity.

Christian may not have become a World Champion for the WWE (yet), but that isn't to say he isn't better than the Miz. And once more, it isn't to say once Miz's moment as Champion is done - that he'll ever find his way back there. Miz could become just as irrelevant to the Main Event scene as Swagger.

Christian has better name recognition than Miz will ever have, for accomplishing "less" than Miz has in a shorter time frame. If Miz is so much better, or deserves to win more in this situation, then why is Christian considered so much higher in so many's eyes?

I'm picking Christian because even though Miz holds a World Heavyweight Championship, I don't consider or view him as one. Beyond defeating an aged announcer who was something decent in the late 80's/early 90's, the Miz truly hasn't won anything without massive amounts of help - and he certainly hasn't looked like any type of Champion.

On the other hand, Christian may only be a former multi-time Heavyweight Champion of a 2nd rate Company.. but at least he's a multi-time Heavyweight Champion that's defended his title, and won rightfully so, against names like Kurt Angle and Sting. Miz can't say he's beaten anyone the quality of those two names.. and certainly not convincingly.

Christian is the real individual who deserves to win here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back