Calgary Region, Seattle Subregion:First Round:(10)Arn Anderson vs. (23)Chavo Guerrero

Who Wins This Match

• Arn Anderson

• Chavo Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Key Arena, Seattle, Washington

key-arena.jpg

#10 Arn Anderson

ArnAnderson.jpg

Vs.

#23 Chavo Guerrero

chavo-guerrero.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Did Chavo buy a Kenta Kobashi disguise?

I keed.

Going with Arn Anderson here. Hall of Famer, accomplished star, multiple NWA championships, multiple PWI awards, a recognized name throughout the entire wrestling industry.

Chavo, as much as I love the guy, has been living in Eddie's shadow since he debuted in the WWE, and since Eddie died, the dude has been a jobber. Not even a comedy jobber, or a jobber with a storyline. Just... a jobber. Someone to fill time in episodes. He gets squashed in meaningless matches, and the only time he even gets the slightest hint of a reaction from the crowd, is when he does one of Eddie's moves.

Arn Anderson goes over huge here.

Voting wise, this might not be the biggest landslide. But, Arn is just too much, physically, for Chavo.

Chavo is probably one of the underrated in-ring wrestlers out there today, but he hasn't done anything worth remembering..ever. Double A doesn't f*** around, especially in the first round of a tournament. I see Chavo mounting almost no offense, and being squashed inside of 5 minutes. AA, all the way.

Chavo's skill is underrated indeed, but going up against "The Enforcer"? You can't go up against "The Enforcer" and expect to go on...

Arn is as tough, cunning, and ruthless as they come. I expect Arn to take out Chavo with his patent spinebuster (perfected by Triple H), and goes to town.

My vote: Arn Anderson.

Chavo has more than enough in ring ability to pull off a win here.

I'll take my Chavo as recently as 08, during his La Familia stint. He was successfully defending the ECW championship against CM Punk, winning a number of match ups. Let's not forgot he's got Edge and Vickie in his back pocket, as it was Edge's interference that helped Chavo capture the gold in the first place.

Vickie bans the 4 Horseman from ringside, after a well contested match-up the ref is distracted by Vickie, allowing Edge to run in and hit a quick spear and Chavo's already on top the turnbuckle pointing to the sky before delivering an Eddie inspired frogsplash. Ref counts to three and this ones over.

Winner: Chavo

If you take Chavo in his prime, which would have been either when he was in WCW or Los Guerrero's, and pit him against Arn Anderson in his prime in the NWA, I don't see how Arn can't win.

Chavo is an actual great wrestler, but compared to the strength and stamina of "The Enforcer", he would get caught.

Starts evenly, Chavo uses his pace, does a couple of high flying moves, Arn comes back and catches Chavo, nails him with the Spinebuster and collects the one, two, three.

Arn Anderson gets my vote.

Arn Anderson takes this match and it shouldn't even be close. I think that Chavo is underrated and is someone that, to some degree, has been misused but Anderson would just take him apart. Double A would grab onto an arm or a leg, tear it off and just take it home with him.

Arn Anderson is one of the greatest wrestlers of the past 40 years to have never been World Heavyweight Champion. He had the in-ring ability, mic skills and personality to be a credible main eventer but, unfortunately, it didn't happen. Chavo is someone that's mostly gotten by due to the fact that he's a Guerrero more than anything else. Most of his positive contributions to wrestling have come from his association in angles or storylines with one or more of his family members.

The Enforcer wins here in about 5 minutes, maybe 7 if Chavo really takes things seriously.

The Enforcer in a squash.

Anderson is a man who doesn't take shit from anyone. He sits in a hotel room... drunk... and thinks about how he's going to bring pain to someone. That's a mean man, folks. I wouldn't fuck with him. And you shouldn't either.

Anderson wins in under 7 minutes with a Gordbuster.

Chavo has had a pretty decent career and is sort of underrated. He is good in the ring and has had some pretty exciting moves at times. He is definitely underrated as far as his mic skills are concerned.

But Arn Anderson is in a different league. The only thing that is in question here, is depending on what time in their careers this match happened, would it have been a squash or would it have been a good match?

I see it being more of a solid match. Maybe 10 minutes or so and Chavo holds his own. Chavo probably scares AA a couple times with some quick pin attempts that Anderson barely kicks out of before 3. But, eventually Chavo gets lifted up and driven down hard on his back with The Double A Spinebuster and Anderson gets the win.

Voting wise, this might not be the biggest landslide. But, Arn is just too much, physically, for Chavo.

Chavo is probably one of the underrated in-ring wrestlers out there today, but he hasn't done anything worth remembering..ever. Double A doesn't f*** around, especially in the first round of a tournament. I see Chavo mounting almost no offense, and being squashed inside of 5 minutes. AA, all the way.

Have to agree with Nick here, The enforcer is like is like a very skilled guard dog, while his individual accomplishments were minimal his participation in the Horsemen and his tag titles speak volumes about what he did in the ring.

This won't be a squash, Chavo is very good in the ring, unfortunatly he has never been used properly and never been given the push he deserves.

It's unfortunate that Chavo is where he is right now in his career as there is no doubt that he man is extremely talented in the ring. However Chavo can't compete with the power or accomplishments Anderson has... ermm...accomplished.

I sadly vote for Arn Anderson in a 6 minute match that would most likely take place on WWE Superstars.

The enforcer would win this everytime. Chavo was a very gifted cruiserweight but his record when he steps out of this comfort zone is far from sterling. Double A has taken on all shapes and sizes, nothing fazes the guy. He'll bide his time until Chavo messes up an ariel and then squash him with the spinebuster.

Arn Anderson, easily. A member of the Four Horsemen, and a long time friend and ally of Ric Flair. A big name back in the days of WCW. Versus a guy who, with all due respect, would probably not have lasted as long in the business as he did, and certainly would not still be there today, if his surname was anything other than Guerrero. Let's face it, if he was Chavo Smith, he would have been long gone.

Going with Arn Anderson here. Hall of Famer

Actually he's not

, accomplished star

Only when he was apart of a tag team and/or stable

multiple NWA championships

Umm not really... unless what you are talking about are his 6 NWA tag titles, and 4 TV titles, if that';s the case than the way you worded is a tad misleading and makes it sound as if you are saying he's a former NWA world champ

multiple PWI awards,

2 of those were tag team awards, and another was for a feud of the year which he got because he was a member of the Horsemen, the only one he got on his own (and this is arguable as well) is the Stanley Weston award, which is a lifetime achievement award, you could argue the only reason he won that is because of the Horsemen as well seeing as how his entire career he lived off the Horsemen name, it should also be noted that Chavo's career is far from over so he isn't even eligible for that award yet

a recognized name throughout the entire wrestling industry.

Only to other wrestling fans, ask anyone who doesn't like or watch wrestling who Arn Anderson is and they'll have no fucking clue what you're talking about

Chavo, as much as I love the guy, has been living in Eddie's shadow since he debuted in the WWE,

Really? cause I could have sworn Chavo had a nice 6 yr. run in WCW where he was a 2 time CW champion, and a tag team champion as well

and since Eddie died, the dude has been a jobber.Not even a comedy jobber, or a jobber with a storyline. Just... a jobber. Someone to fill time in episodes.

:lmao: The dude got he biggest push of his career and was taken more seriously than ever for a time after Eddies death, he put Rey on the shelf after beating him in a nasty "I Quit" match, after repeatedly bashing his knee in with countless number of vicious chair shots, then went on to feud with Benoit over the US title, where he held his own despite losing before winning the CW title again, after losing that he feuded with Rey before going to ECW where he won the ECW title, yeah after Eddie died all Chavo did was job:rolleyes:

Arn Anderson goes over huge here.

People give Arn way to much credit without the Horsemen Arn would be a nobody in this business, the guy could never accomplish anything as a singles star without being a member of the Horsemen, so much so that he re-formed them god knows how many times, Arn is easily one of the most overrated wrestlers in history where as Chavo is one of the most underrated, I'm going with Chavo at least he was able to accomplish something as a single wrestlers without a stable of "Legends" watching his back

I don't really like Arn Anderson, but there's absolutely no argument that he wouldn't win here. Chavo has basically been a whipping boy every time he has left the cruiserweight division, and has lost to Hornswoggle a number of times. The most important thing to note is that his only big wins came against CM Punk. However, Punk lost as he was going on to bigger and better things; namely the MITB briefcase. This is a fairly common occurrence, and you wouldn't consider Daniel Bryan to be likely to beat The Miz, for example, just because he beat him once for the US Title.

And for those that are bringing in La Familia, remember that 99 times out of 100, what happened is they would sacrifice Chavo to save Edge, rather than help him out. Anderson wins.

Before Chavo became a comedy character he was a pretty good wrestler. Now with that being said Arn Anderson would still kick his ass any day of the week. Chavo likes to use his speed and high flying and we all know arn worked the arm or he worked the leg, in this case im sure he would work the leg and have Chavo laying there grimacing in pain. Honestly i could only see this match happening in a perfect wrestling federation to set up Arn vs Eddie for some midcard title.

Chavo is a decent wrestler when he isn't Vickie's little fanboy or jobbing some new young talent and is actually decent when he is given the opportunity to really show what he can do. It hasn't happened lately but when this guy was in his prime, he was pretty sharp and him and Eddie were such an amazing team and it is just an utter complete shame that what happened to Eddie had to happen so early. He would have Vickie in his corner however and that itself gives himself a good advantage, she'd ban the Four Horseman and she would tack on some bad stipulations and I have a funny feeling that Arn would have to go through more than just Chavo himself but he would, and he'd still be able to beat the crap out of the Latino once named Kerwin White, does anybody even remember that? Arn is too much of a bad ass and he doesn't play around with you and mind games, he doesn't need them, he'll just beat your ass and walk back to his locker room and it'll be as simple as that. His Spinning Spinebuster would split Chavo in two, I have no doubts. And how many times has Chavo missed his "deadly" Frog Splash? I think he has missed it more than he has connected and all it takes is one missed frog splash from Chavo, giving Arn enough time to recover and once his opponent gets up, he'll be back down in a jiffy with some serious back issues to come later on. It'll be closer than thought, with interferences galore and obviously some cheating by Chavo himself, but Arn was powerful enough at his prime to overcome this hurdle and most definitely would.

Got to go with Double A on this one. Although Chavo is no slouch in the ring he really hasn't done much in the business like Arn did. Arn is a sure fire Hall of Famer. He can talk and can wrestle and is one of those guys who looks like they could really whoop your ass in a real fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back