Calgary Region, Seattle Subregion: First Round: (2) Hulk Hogan vs. (31) IRS

Who Wins This Match

• Hulk Hogan

• IRS

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Key Arena, Seattle, Washington

key-arena.jpg

#2 Hulk Hogan

hulk-hogan.jpg

Vs.

#31 IRS

IRS.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

This would be a typical late 80's, early 90's WWF house show or SNME main event match. Big, unstoppable face Hulk Hogan taking on mid card heel IRS. Hogan dominates to start, IRS takes control with some underhanded tactics, Hogan come backs and gets the victory. Easy win here for Hogan.

Excellent choice of picture for Hulkster :lmao:

Moving ahead of Orton/EY, this is now the biggest first round squash we have. This takes probably 8 or 9 minutes. I.R.S. will definitely get his offense in with Hogan selling his ass off. However, once the comeback starts, Rotunda is finished, brother.

Hogan in typical fashion. He'll come out strong, take a bit of a beating in the middle, Hulk up, and hit his leg drop for the 1,2,3. The Hulkster is damn near unbeatable and of the few men that can beat Hogan, IRS is not one of them. This one is pretty straight forward.

It's Hogan. The biggest draw in professional wrestling, whether its from WWE or WCW, he's always THE main attraction. I.R.S. is a great gimmick, and his tandem with the Million Dollar Co. along being a tag team champion with another great gimmick, Ted DiBiase, he can be aggressive. However, like I said, it's Hulk f'n Hogan.

Big boot. Leg Drop. Hollywood rides with the win in a 6 minute match.

My vote: Hollywood style.

Mike Rotunda was no slouch.

But in no time in his career would he ever have a chance in beating Hulk Hogan in a One on One Match.

This has an inevitable outcome. IRS hits Hogan with a high impact move, or his finisher and Hogan "Hulks" up, hits the Big Boot, followed by The Leg Drop and gets the win.

It wouldn't end there though, as Hogan would pose in the ring for 10 minutes, at IRS's expense.

Easy victory here, not a squash. Hogan didn't really do squash matches. The "Bad Guy" needed to have time to hit Hogan with his finisher first. That way, he could make his opponent look even worse then being in a squash match, by kicking out of his finisher and then being pinned.

How in the blue hell is the Hulkster a 2 seed? Yeesh.

Either way, Hogan squashes Mr. Schyster. Kayfabe-wise, he's bigger, stronger, faster, more stamina, and better recovery. Non-kayfabe, this isn't even a contest. Hogan is the bigger draw, more important historically, and just a better professional wrestler.

IRS won't even get any offense in as Hulk Hogan blows past him and into the second round.

This is a tournament to decide who the best professional wrestler is. To decide this, not only would you need to consider the wrestler's in ring ability and talent, you also have to consider influence in the world of professional wrestling, legacy left behind, crowd appeal etc. In this case, Hogan trumps IRS in every category and more.

Now if this was a ladder or a cage match...

Hogan would do his usual superman style recovery to come away with a clean win here.

IRS looks like he has the upper hand, but then Hogan "Hulks Up", shakes his mighty finger in the face of the braces-wearing heel, blocks a punch, hits the big boot and then the Atomic Leg Drop for the 1-2-3.

Standard Hogan

IRS does not have a chance here. As great of an in ring worker as he was he was never even high enough on the card to face Hogan let alone beat him. No matter if it's NWO Hogan or Hulkamania Hogan he usually only lost to pass the torch and I cant see that happening here.

Poor Rotundo. A guy who was a good in ring performer, and a perennial midcarder has the misfortune to draw the greatest pro wrestler in history. While this is risking infraction, there isn't a lot I can add to this thread that hasn't already been said. This should be standard late 80's Hogan fare; the Hulk comes out to deafening crowd reaction, takes an early advantage, Rotundo gains an advantage through illegal means, perhaps he'd have DiBiase in his corner, but that's not near enough. Just when it looks like Hogans life is over, he kicks out of a pinfall attempt from Rotundo, shaking his head. Then it's the standard Hogan finish; no sell everything that his opponent hits him with, three right hands, big boot, leg drop, 1-2-3. Hogan moves on.

IRS isn't lazy and he hasn't always jobbed or anything but Hogan is Hogan and IRS doesn't need to "go over" and he sure as hell shouldn't. Hogan defeated men a helluva lot bigger than IRS and men a lot tougher too, so this ones pretty obvious already. Hulk would start off getting some good offense in, he and IRS would trade some blows, IRS would take over for a bit and just when you think he has the match in the palm of his hand, Hulk does his famous "Hulk Up!" and ends it all with his simple leg drop. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

The people saying Rotunda would get no offence in have obviously never seen a Hulk Hogan match, have they? Anyway, IRS was around when Hogan was wrestling and he never got anywhere near him. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Hogan would pull out a fairly typical win against a fairly typical opponent here.

You cannot be serious about this one, right? Hogan, whether you like him or not (which I don't particularly) is one of the, if not the, top superstars in professional wrestling history. IRS was a guy who I actually really enjoyed, especially as part of Money Inc. But come on, a career mid carder versus one of the top guys in the business. Take a seat, taxman. You will be exiting this tournament in the first round, compliments of a patented Hogan leg drop.

I had to vote IRS just because of that picture. My prediction, Hogan throws the match to avoid paying taxes. he loves money. IRS wins this one eliminates the favorite early. (That picture is gonna stick with me lol)

IRS with the upset! He mentions he has tax records of Hogan's and will use them to invoke an audit unless Hogan takes a dive.

Hogan, knowing the shambles his financial records are in, goes to the ring and lies down for the pin.

IRS, NEW WWF Heavyweight Champion... :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back