Calgary Region, Detroit Subregion: Second Round:(1)Steve Austin vs.(17)Barry Windham

Who Wins This Match

• Steve Austin

• Barry Windham

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Palace Of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan.

palace.jpg

#1 “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/0/09/6639.jpgIMG]

Vs.

[b][size=3]#17 Barry Windham[/size][/b]

[IMG]http://www.reviewtheworld.com/wrestling/hof/windham.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Barry Windham should get some votes here. It's not like he's a scrub or anything. He's a big, agile Texan who would give another Texan some serious trouble. Austin is in a class by himself when it comes to accomplishments. And on that alone, Austin would run Windham out of the building, but I grade based on an actual match... and this would be back and forth and end with a Stunner to Windham at about the 16 minute mark.

Austin wins.

Since I'm basing all of my votes on each man in their prime, I'm going with Austin.

Windham is underrated because a lot of posters have no idea who he is. I've been a long-time fan of Windham, and I'm disappointed to already know how badly he's going to lose. If you haven't seen a match of his, I suggest you do so. My two favorite WarGames matches included Windham, and he was fantastic in both of them. Hell, he made Luger look like a solid wrestler in their Chi-Town encounter after turning on him when they were tag champs. That's no small task.

Austin goes over..because he's Austin. But please, don't sleep on Windham. This would be an absolute war, at any point during Austin's career.

Yeah, I voted for Austin. What other choice is there? Not that Barry Windham isn't a formidable opponent for Austin because I know that he would take Austin for a ride but you just can't count out the rattlesnake here. For all intents and purposes he wins in a brawl of a match.

I feel bad for Barry Windham. He had a wonderful career and got to rub shoulders with some of the greats such as the famous Iron man style matches he had with Ric Flair. He is a product of Blackjack Mulligan...... he was born into Wrestling. Barry was a around 6'6-6'7 and around 250 at any given time, he was a specimen.

Barry Windham
Championships and accomplishments
  • Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling
    • BTCW Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
Sourced from Wikipedia
I hope these show that he had the successful career at any prmotion that he was in....... BUT!! he is unfortunately going against the one, the only Stone Cold Steve Austin. Who was the act around from years in WWF. A super popular red neck with a hate for Authority.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Championships and accomplishments
  • Texas Wrestling Federation
    • TWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with The California Stud[79]
Note: The Million Dollar Championship isn't an official championship recognized by World Wrestling Entertainment.

Source Wikipedia
Stone Cold had what some would call the best career (along side with Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart well outside of the Montreal Screwjob) He feuded with Triple H, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon, etc coming out on top. He was a superstar with an uncanny ability to gain one of the biggest pops heard. He has to take this match, he was in the late 90's what Hogan was in the 80's....... simply untouchable. Not to mention he often had numbers against him and that more often than not didn't matter in the end so the 4 Horsemen wouldn't be a dire advantage to have when facing the Rattlesnake.

Oooh, a toughie this one is. I actually see them as being cut from the same cloth in a lot of different ways. Markdom aside, I think overall Steve is just a bit better. That said, it's so important to remember just how great Barry was. Very smart in the ring and had a really good handle on picking and choosing his spots. No slouch on the mat either.

Have to give it to Austin based on the tools at his disposal and what he eventually went on to do with them.

WCW Stunning Steve Austin and WCW Barry Windham would have been a very very close affair with Windham maybe sneeking it.

But, for some unknown reason, Steve's WCW run is regarded as a disappointment and Stone Cold would be expected to decimate Stunning. So on that train of thought SCSA would go over big Barry if not comfortably, conclusively.

In the battle of the Texans, Austin with the Stunner about the 10-12 minute mark.

Windham was decent enough, but he never really impacted the main event until WCW were running low on options. Austin is probably the second biggest name in the history of wrestling, and the man who saved the WWE and took them into their most profitable times. Austin won more, beat more impressive people and had a much bigger following. He'd win here, quite decisively.

Windham is a tough guy, but he will be facing one of the toughest guys. This match will be a brawl, which plays into both guys styles, but Austin brawls better then anyone else. This match will go all over the place but Stone Cold will eventually hit the stunner for the win. It should be pretty cut and dry how this match goes down.

Barry Windham is a guy that doesn't get talked about or praised often enough. Overall, I think he was one of the most underrated of his day and had all the tools to really be a huge star. Windham was even able to make someone like Lex Luger look good, which is something of an accomplishment in and of itself. While Windham did eventually make it to the main event scene in WCW, it was really a case of too little too late. His time there and as NWA World Heavyweight Champion were entirely forgettable and was really kind of lost in the schuffle with the Ric Flair/Big Gold Belt controversy.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is arguably the biggest star in wrestling since Hulk Hogan. Austin is a 6 time WWF Champion, 3 time Royal Rumble winner, WWE Hall of Famer; he's defeated the likes of The Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Mick Foley, The Rock, Kurt Angle and almost every other major name in pro wrestling for the past 15 years.

Windham would give Austin a good, comepetitive match but Austin would probably hit the Stone Cold Stunner out of nowhere for the win probably around the 10-12 minute mark.

I would like everyone to suspend reality for a moment and just hear me out.

Barry Windham was once wrestling under the gimmick of "The Stalker". He cut a few promos under that gimmick, and here they are..

[youtube]YUIOTUdJbvQ[/youtube]

[youtube]pQv_JhSCt9Y[/youtube]

[youtube]vlFzWPhrs4w[/youtube]

After all of that, I'm convinced Windham would camo himself into the ring and cut Austin upon entering. In the end, he'd win by death. :)

Yeah, I don't know. Austin will go over here regardless of what anyone could've/would've said in Windham's favor, and the truth is Windham had a good career - but he didn't drink beer (on camera), attack his boss (in character) and use foul language (because it could get him over). He actually (gasp) wrestled in matches worth watching. He actually won Championships because of talent he had, instead of a character he played. But alas, Austin will win and it doesn't really matter why.

Still though.. just.. think about it. The Stalker had a fricken knife in one of those promos. No reason to think he wouldn't use it. He even pointed out Austin in another, mentioning how he'd make him his prey. It's entirely possible.. especially in a tournament of fantasy, such as this one.

Windham is no slouch, gotta get that out of the way from the get go. In fact, he was one of the 1st 2 wrestling action figures I ever bought (Lex Luger was the other), and hanging around with the Naitch in the Horsemen shows how good he was. You do not get that position if you are not talented (fuck off Mongo and Paul Roma)

But he is certainly no Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Did Windham revolutionise the business? No.
Was Windham ever the face of the number 1 wrestling company in the world? No
Did Windham ever headline Wrestlemania? No
Did Windham define an era? No

Stone Cold Steve Austin did.

There is not 1% of me that can vote against the Rattlesnake here, it HAS to be an Austin win and if you vote the other way then you are wrong. No way in hell would Windham beat Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back