Calgary Region, Detroit Subregion: First Round: (8)Randy Orton vs.(25)Eric Young

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Orton

• Eric Young

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Palace Of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan.

palace.jpg

#8 Randy Orton

randy-orton.jpg

Vs.

#25 Eric Young

Eric_Young.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

To be quite honest, I'm not sure how EY even made it into this tournament. But, he's here, and ready to be crushed.

I could blow my load here, figuratively speaking, and tell you how much Orton has accomplished, how brutal he is, etc. But, when going against Eric Young, it really isn't necessary. Orton isn't going out this early, and sure as hell not against Eric Young.

The IWC hatred for Orton is seemingly on the rise, but whatever he is, it's 20x what Eric Young could ever dream to be. Orton via the RKO inside of five minutes.

If I need a good laugh, I'll vote for Eric. But in every other category that you could possibly think of, Orton owns Eric Young and is the master and creator of his world. Orton is superior in every physical way above Eric Young.

Vote for Orton... even if you hate him. It's only right to do so.

Much like Austin/Rhyno, this is a RKO ending waiting to happen. I actually like EY. His "Don't Fire Eric" phase was some of the funniest stuff in TNA history. However, he fails greatly in comparison to the Viper. Orton would obliterate Young from each side of the ring. I see the match ending after a very impressive RKO out of nowhere at the 8 minute mark of the match.

Young is a joke wrestler, much like the Santino of TNA. Orton would stalk him, RKO him, then punt his head off.

My vote: Randy Orton

Yeah, Orton beast Young on sheer power, endurance and drive alone. If you count the other things too he slaughters Young. This would be a squash match in my opinion. Eric Young hasn't done anything with his career so far, and Orton has done everything he possibly can so far. World Heavyweight champion, WWE champion, Intercontinental champion, Tag Team champion, Royal Rumble winner, headline wrestlemania, beaten Triple H, Chris Benoit, John Cena for titles.

Eric Young has run around in yellow and super hero pajamas. That's all I can think of.
This is absolutely a no brainer.

Orton would probably win with an RKO about 4 minutes in.

Randy Orton. Multiple world title reigns, quality matches, good feuds and a lasting legacy. He's got all that and he's only 30. Eric Young is actually older than Orton and has accomplished less than a quarter of what Orton has. Eric Young can be okay in very small doses, but he cannot and will not get my vote over someone like Randy Orton. Orton will beat Young on cruise control and move into the second round without breaking a sweat.

I would like nothing more than to see Randy Orton gone in the first round after the embarrassment that occurred last year involving him. However, he's been billed very strong, and Eric Young has never been nearly as tough a competitor as Randy Orton. I'm going to abstain from voting in this one because A) Orton doesn't need my vote and B) I refuse to vote for Orton unless he's going against someone who is an even bigger bore than he is. I just wanted to post this to establish how I feel about Orton and how, despite my feelings, I think he should easily win this one.

I think Orton is shit, and as soon as it is feasibly possible to vote against him, I will start doing so. That's not right now. Eric Young is probably the worst wrestler in this tournament by a million miles. He is a jobber from TNA, that does "comedy" badly. Orton is one of the most consistent winners of the last ten years, and has no history of being upset. I don't expect that to start here.

Oh look, it's Eric Young. What a valuable spot he got in this tournament. Seriously, we couldn't include Misawa because we had to save that spot for Eric Young?

As for the match itself Orton wins it and it's not even a fair contest. I'm not even particularly a fan of Orton's, but he's certainly superior to career curtain-jerker Eric Young, who on his best day was probably mediocre. Plus, you now, Orton has all those World titles while Young has...Orlando Jordan. That poor bastard.

Orton in what I assume will be a 100% landslide.

In all honesty orton has to go over here that just can't be helped. Is orton one of my favourite guys? No he isn't I'm not sure what it is about him but I just don't like him that much. So of course my vote will have to go to him in this round.

As for EY I am actually a fan of his. I think he is quite funny in his comedic role he just does the whole bit so well(bringing that manican to the ring and carrying around the old title belt convinced he was the champ). I know he isn't that widely liked but i find him entertaining. I also thought he was quite good in World Elite. Not trying to argue for people to vote for him here, just don't think he deserves all the hate that he gets

This is easy and every post about this match should border SPAM because no one even really needs to defend their pick of Orton.

I will give Eric Young credit, where it is due. He does one thing better then Randy Orton, or is better then Orton in one way. He is funnier. That is it.

Even the things one might think Young would have an edge in, like high flying, I would argue. Orton is very athletic but his character doesn't really require him to utilize it. When he first was cutting his teeth in WWE, he would use top rope moves, and showcase his athleticism pretty often. Most notably with his High Cross Body that he used to perfection.

But as time went on, his in ring attack became more methodical and less crowd friendly. Which works for him. He systematically takes apart his opponents until it is time to finish them by striking with The RKO.

This is a huge squash for Orton here, and I am writing this before actually voting. I would think the only votes for Eric in this are from people who just hate Orton.

Young is more talented than people think, he is made to look stupid in TNA with the gimmicks they give him, but he cannot compare to the Viper, one of the top wrestlers in the business today.

From his epic music, to his look, his tattoos, the RKO and the viciousness of his character, Orton oozes awesomeness. His accomplishments speak for themselves, and he has grown into a true superstar in my eyes. Nothing Young has done comes close to a single one of Randy's accomplishments, except Young didnt shit in a Divas bag....

That being said, Orton would absolutely dominate Young in this match, finishing him off with an RKO in just a couple of minutes, getting the pinfall before putting Young on the shelf with the punt kick.

A walkover from Orton

This might just be the most lopsided match in the whole tournament. You have a guy who is one the top draws in the WWE right now in Randy Orton who get the second biggest pop other then Cena in the company, puts on great matches and is a Multiple Time WWE Champion. Eric Young on the other hand is one of the most boring competitors in the ring, a terrible heel and a terrible face. I do enjoy his comedy promos but that isn't able to take away how awful he is in every other aspect of Pro Wrestling.

EY at 25, above guys like Kenta Kobashi, Bobby Lashley, Brutus Beefcake, and Gregory Helms im sorry but i don't know how that happened. Overall i dont see this being a 5 minute match. In my opinion Eric Young is like TNA's non midget Hornswoggle, and i don't see how he lasts 5 minutes with Orton.
Winner: Orton in roughly under 4 minutes.

They coulda put better people in her then EY but I digress. Orton would easly beat him.

Count this as one of the worst squashes in the first round.

Yeah....there isn't much to debate here. There isn't many things to lis, we all know Orton is better than Young. RKO? No, it's not enough let Orton kick the skull of eric Young. Squash match.

No Misawa in this nor El Canek... but ol' EY gets the nod here. Why isn't Alex Riley in this damn thing?

Seriously... if I have to make a case for Orton to win this... and convince anyone... I give up on the human race.

Orton wins when as soon as EY gets in the ring, the bell rings and Orton RKO's him... pins him, kicks him in the head, and poses for 10 minutes.

Orton... by a shot.

I know that I'm in the minority of people who enjoy Eric Young, but there is no way that I could not vote for Randy Orton in this matchup.

There is not one area in wrestling where Young could come out ahead:

* Success: Orton
* Championships: Orton
* Character: Orton
* Talent: Orton
* Victories: Orton
* Popularity: Orton

Thank God for drawing names out of a hat. Without it, Eric wouldn't be in this tournament at all.

Are we talking about the same Eric Young who is a comedy jobber in a second rate professional wrestling organization? The guy who may have some degree of skill, I really cannot say for sure, as all I see from him is silly skits and below average work.

As opposed to one of the most over guys in the WWE, a guy who gets a lot of flack from the IWC, but who is a multi time champion with a family pedigree, a guy who has been effective throughout his career, whether portraying a face or heel, solo or faction, whatever. Love him or hate him, Orton is way too much for EY to handle. I see a RKO within the first two minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back