Calgary Region, Detroit Subregion: First Round: (1)Steve Austin vs.(32)Rhyno

Discussion in 'Calgary Region' started by Monster Amongst Men, Feb 23, 2011.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

2. Rhyno

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Palace Of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan.

[​IMG]

#1 “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

[​IMG]

Vs.

#32 Rhyno

[​IMG]

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

2. Big Nick Dudley

Tough first-rounder for Austin (kayfabe, obviously). In his day, Rhyno was a beast. I say in his day in hopes most of you will forget his latest run with TNA.

Fact is, this would be a bitch of a first round match for Austin. Rhyno is big, strong and has the ability to endure a shitload of punishment. However, Austin has taken out bigger and badder, and I see this ending with an out-of-nowhere Stunner around 12 minutes in. Austin wouldn't lose in the first round, and Rhyno would be no exception.

3. JXL

JXL Pre-Show Stalwart

No doubt Austin would get someone who equals in toughness...

My vote goes to Austin because he has better sense of taking down someone who basically uses power moves like Rhyno. Ring psychology > Power moves. Then a Stunner out of nowhere will seal it.

My vote: Steve Austin

4. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

Rhyno is shit... plain and simple. The guy never amounted to anything and was only given championships because he put in the time and probably deserved them at that moment... then he proceeded to do NOTHING with them.

Austin is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time. Austin wins matches by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. He's tough, versatile, agile, athletic, and mean as all hell. Plus, wasn't Rhyno his bitch for a while on television, back in the day?

This goes to Austin, plain and simple.

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  5. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

Yep, this match is a Stunner ending just waiting to happen. Rhyno was mighty impressive during the early 2000s but he's never even sniff the dominance that was the Texas Rattlesnake. Rhyno is the type of guy that Vince would try to soften up Austin before a title match who fails miserably. This one will end after a Stunner ranging from the 10-13 minute mark of the match.

6. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Rhyno would probably beat on Stone Cold for the first 60 seconds of the match before going for a Gore which Stone Cold would counter into a Stunner, effectively winning the match in under 90 seconds. Rhyno doesn't hold a candle to Steve Austin in any single way. Seriously, I can't think of a single thing he was better at than Stone Cold besides maybe doing stupid shit to his body, but Stone Cold wasn't exactly a slouch at that either. Also, this is not a tables match or a hardcore match, this is straight one on one. Stone Cold beats Rhyno ten times out of ten in one on one.

Stone Cold gets my vote.

7. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

This is a match between one of the best anywhere of all time against one of the best in ECW at a specific point in time. Austin would be put through his paces here, as he always was - Rhyno is really not the kind of wrestler that gets walked over - but there's absolutely no way that this would end in anything but a stunner and a pin for Steve Austin.

Uncle Sam likes this.
  8. Burnout

I never got the appeal of Rhyno, he's big and strong, so what, lots of people are. Austin wins this hands down. Austin was one of the driving factors behind the Attitude era, he was loved by the fans, he could wrestle, and played an awesome character. Austin has beaten bigger guys, so this is a walk in the park. Rhyno, had some moments, but he didn't do anything that really jumps to mind, unlike Austin, who's much more memorable. Rhyno could go for awhile in the ring against Austin, but Austin is simply to good, and Rhyno can't go with him too long.

Austin wins.

9. Tech N9ne

Tech N9ne All 6's and 7's

Rhyno stands NO CHANCE in this!!

Even if Rhyno teamed with Rhino and battled Austin in a Handicap Match, there is no chance lol.

The Gore was an awesome move. But that is what Rhyno is known for. It has been watered down over the years, as well as Rhyno's legacy. He was ECW Champion and also TNA Champion, but it all fails in comparison to Austin.

I think some people will vote for Rhyno just because, but it should be a skunk to be honest. Rhyno gets smoked here, in every way possible. No matter which Rhyno shows up, and no matter which Austin shows up, Rhyno gets destroyed!

10. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

There is not a chance in hell anyone can vote against Steve Austin in this one. The face of the Attitude era, one of the most beloved superstars of all time, a multi-time WWE Champion, and a guy who "wants a piece of Mike Tyson's ass" against Rhyno, who has had a moderately successful career, but has achieved a 100th of Austins success, fame and popularity.

That being said, I am a Rhyno fan. I always have been- ever since his days as the "Rookie Monster" in ECW, and I think he should have been used alot better than he has been, especially in WWE where he could have carved out a good career as an "enforcer" type character who wouldnt have needed to talk much (which was never his strong point".

But in this match, I would expect a back and faorth brawl for 5 minutes or so, with Rhyno managing to get in a bit of offense, before Austin takes over and stomps a mudhole in the corner. Out of nowhere Rhyno goes for a gore, Austin moves with the man-beast bouncing off the corner post,and turning round into a Stunner

Match over, AUSTIN ADVANCES

Oh Hell Yeah!!

11. TheOneBigWill

TheOneBigWill [This Space for Rent]

I get massive headaches whenever I read the words "greatest wrestler of all time" and "steve austin" in the same sentence. (just got another one)

Unfortunately, not even I as someone who doesn't wanna see Austin do anything, can't put forth any effort in trying to explain how he'd lose here. Austin isn't the greatest in-ring wrestler of all time (which is what I think when I hear people saying that line), but he was a very dominating individual and had a way about him to defeat people much better than Rhyno/Rhino will ever be, or ever was.

Austin doesn't need to be the best wrestler in this match to win a brawl fight against a guy who can't use weapons and made a name for himself destroying individuals like a drunk (no where near Austin's level) and a skinny tye-dye wearing dudley. Plain and simply, Austin will do what he made a Hall of Fame career out of doing..

Show up. Stomp a mudhole. Kick to the gut. Stunner. Taunt. Pinfall. Drink tons of beer and showboat for just about as long as Hogan. Leave. I'm sure Rhyno/Rhino would put up more of a fight than that, but judging by the way the votes have already gone.. what I just said sounds more like what'd happen if it played out in a similar way. *sigh*

12. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Rhyno was, is and always will be shit. There's nothing even remotely special about him. Like most of the ECW "greats", Rhyno is an overrated hack and remains so to this day.

Stone Cold Steve Austin will easily plow through him inside of 5 minutes. Rhyno would get in a few punches and kicks, maybe a clothesline or two here and there but this is just no real challenge for Austin. On Austin's worst day, blindfolded and both arms tied behind his back, he'd still take Rhyno with little to no problem.

13. Peoples_Champ

Peoples_Champ Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...

I remember liking Rhyno for a month back in ECW when he was pushed to be a beast with speed and quickness. Still, beating Austin takes a special kind of wrestler, and Rhyno wouldn't have a chance in hell.

Austin by Stunner (while Rhyno was rushing in).

14. The Best

The Best The Best

I have Austin winning, but not in a squash. Rhyno was very athletic overall, and i see him getting a good amount of offense in, but as Peoples_Champ said it takes a special type of wrestler to beat Stone Cold
    Winner: SCSA in 9 minutes in actually a pretty exciting match.

15. El Rev sXe

El Rev sXe If you have ghosts...

A good warm up match for Austin. Rhyno had the gore wich was a very well executed spera, besides that I don't remeber Rhyno in any classic match/feud. He probably has but I don't have any thoughts on him EVER.That bieng said, this isn't a squash match, this is a warm up match. Stunner at 7 minutes mark.

*in JR voice* STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD WINS!

16. Muffin Top Merkley

Muffin Top Merkley Be a man!

Rhyno accomplished something in ECW, I think.

Steve Austin accomplished something monumental everywhere he went and in every company he wrestled in.

There really is nothing that Rhyno could do that would get him a victory over Stone Cold.

Austin hits Rhyno with a Stunner within two minutes and easily walks into the second round.

17. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well this is a non-spam section, so I guess I have to say more than just "duh" to reply to this one.

Stone Cold Steve Austin, one of the two top guys in the history of professional wrestling, a guy who was over with the crowd beyond belief, was solid in the ring if not the most gifted technically, and absolute gold on the mic. Versus Rhyno. A guy who was a big deal, sort of, in ECW, hardly a stellar comment to add to his professional wrestling resume. He was a mid carder at best in WWE, and for the most part, even less in TNA. And let's face it, if you are in TNA and you cannot move yourself above the midcard, you probably aren't that good, and you are certainly no match for the rattlesnake.

I am wondering why anyone voted for Rhyno, I guess it must be some sort of a joke. I am noticing that some guys are voting for the clear underdogs consistently, again I guess it is some sort of a joke, but I must be missing the punch line.

18. Long Island Iced D

Long Island Iced D Dedicated Zack Ryder Nut-hugger

I really hope for the wrestlezone forum's sake that the 5 votes for Rhino were a joke or a mistake. This is the ultimate lopsided victory and Austin is clearly the winner.