Bragging Rights - Orton (c) v Cena 60 min Iron Man Match

I'm excited about this match for different reasons. For one, I think it'll be another in a series of matches between these two that I've enjoyed. I think the program they've been working has been really solid overall. However, it's really getting stale because these two have been going at it off and on now for several years. Which brings me to the other reason I'm excited. That other reason is that, finally, there might be a chance for some completely fresh, new face to enter the Raw main event scene.

I'm not getting my hopes up but I just have a feeling it's going to happen. It looks like DX is going to be mixed up in the tag title scene with JeriShow, which I also like the idea of, so that'll leave Raw's main event scene open for some fresh meat. If, and I mean IF, things go off the way I'm hoping that is.

What makes this match potentially the best match they've ever had is basically is that the heel needs to win. Orton wins, Cena goes to Smackdown, which could give Cena a really fresh and new edge, seeing as though he's kinda been getting boring on Raw, he could easily go on to feud on with Undertaker, CM Punk, and Jericho & Big Show.

If Cena wins, nothing really changes, he basically has run out of people to feud with. After Orton, there is really no one he can feud with, and since this is the "end of their feud", then i really dont know where they can take Cena from here. I mean, they can have him help out the mid-carders like Jack Swagger, but other than that, i dont see anything.

Cena needs to lose to me, if he doesnt, he'll just be there.

You know I can kinda see this working out for everybody. I can just see Cena behind by a fall, and then have DiBiase turn on Orton, finally manifesting the hate in the Legacy story, allowing Cena to pick up the pin to tie it up. Eventually Cena finally hits one final attitude adjustment and picks up the fall and the match. Then Cena starts a feud with someone new, and we see a Orton Dibiase feud for a awhile and see cody get some success singles wise. Then we eventually see Dibiase have his first title reign.

The Iron Man match, the true test. Both of these guys have a TON to prove. If they can pull off a great Iron Man match, it really shows the in-ring chemistry and talent these guys have.

I have a bad feeling Cena is going to win here. I have a feeling there will be a lot of boos for him when he wins. I have a feeling his next feud will be with Swagger. I have a feeling he will end Swagger's so called "Undefeated Streak". I have a feeling Legacy is going to cost Orton the match. I have a feeling that RAW will still be boring to watch. I have a feeling we the truly faithful fans will be disappointed once again by the all mighty John Cena.

Cena going to SmackDown could be very interesting in seeing who he could face off with there. Yeah SmackDown just got Batista, but there aren't many top faces in the main event level, and perhaps another big name can help get guys like Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison get over into the main even scene.

I say Orton wins since having the title for only a month would suck just like Cena's month long reign. The back and forth title switching is very annoying and has been well played out. I give Orton the nod and Cena will go to SmackDown.

A couple of things could happen that would make WWE fans happy (in my opinion):

1) Orton gets the win at the last minute, cleanly. Cena is forced to go to Smackdown and leaves the arena angry only to come back during the 7 on 7 and turn heel by beating DX and refusing to stop attacking til the PPV goes off-air.

Unfortunately this won't happen (because Show/Jericho will end up working together) but I think it would be a "wow" factor that would great to see.

The only thing it wouldn't benefit is the Raw roster and CM Punk as the top heel at Smackdown.

2) Orton loses, and Cena tells him he actually has to move over to Smackdown himself and that puts more heels over to Smackdown to go up against Taker, Batista, and Rey. That would be a very strong heel group for Smackdown and then they could push new heels for Raw.

I don't care for this situation, but anything new would be a breath of fresh air. I can't seriously take Cena/Orton anymore. It's really annoying.

I'm fairly convinced Orton takes this one. Vince must realized the overcrowded main event scene of RAW is killing his ability to produce new stars. Plus, a Batista heel turn is pretty obviously being teased, which only really makes sense if they have some big-money feuds lined up for that one: Taker/Batista is a good possibility for the Rumble, but ultimately the really big one is Cena/Batista round 2 - and a proper feud this time, with a properly heel Batista. That's for Mania, I reckon. And if Batista gets hurt, well, Cena could just have respectful face feuds with Rey or Morrison. Heck, even Ziggler could get involved.

Its pretty obvious like stated before that Cena will win, like he would get kicked off Raw. The match would be alot more fun/entertaining if the winner wasn't already predicted ;/.

ya im getting less and less exited about this match. cena is going to win because they would not put there numebr 1 face on the second show. also if cena were moving then they would have kept batista on raw to take his place. and then the whole thing about this being the last cena orton match. total bullshit. these two are still young and the most over in their respective roles. did you hear the boos orton got on raw. did u hear the cheers cena got. i dont consider them the best heel and face by any means, they are just the most over.

these two will be battling for a title for the next 10 years.

Alright here is my two cents on this first off true RAW would not be happy to lose one of its ratings drawerer however in other threads everybody complains about wanting the heel Cena back well here is our oppurtunity to get it just let him go to Smackdown or ECW even and when he gets there follow in the footsteps of Booker T and down play trhe signicance of the show he finds hisself on now if he shows up on Smackdown and starts running the show in the ground not only will he have to sooner or later face THE PHENOM but he also would have to face BATISTA, MYSTERIO. Then again coming on to the show with that attitude Teddy could tell him he has to earn his first title shot and make him wrestle the likes of Morrison, M Hardy, Ziggler, the list goes on and on the new storylines alone would make for great must watch friday night TV so IMO let Cena lose and leave RAW and create a whole slew of new storylines no matter which show he goes to

Well, if I'm not mistaken, WWE creative teased Cena leaving RAW after next week with his salute at the top of the ramp, after a clean loss to Triple H. In my experience, the guy losing the "battle" going into the PPV usually wins at the PPV, or at least that's how they did it back in the day. So, with that being said maybe Cena will stick around on RAW for a while. But then again, the WWE hasn't been exactly running things the way they did in the nineties. So maybe Cena will go to Smackdown?

Funny DX opening...I loved the allusion to "Katie Vick". Orton/DiBiase did exactly what it was supposed to do, I see Ted getting involved at PPV. So bummed about not getting to see HBK/Jericho. Two of the all time best, come on and let them go a bit before all hell breaks loose.

A horrific thought just popped into my head.

What if they made the match a draw? It would definitely swerve the fans, and it would give them an excuse to continue the feud. They can easily play up the "Both men gave it their all for 60 minutes, and they still wouldn't give up!" angle too. It's not like there's a general manager that can force sudden death. I can easily see this dragging until the match to end it all happens at TLC. The Raw writers don't like to step out of their comfort zone, which is Cena, Orton, and HHH feuding at the top.

There are two things going through my mind with this match.
Number 1, The feud has to end. Its been going longer than the energizer bunny, and while i like both Cena and Orton, what is left? why continue fighting? Orton kicked Cenas dad in the face, has cost him the belt, injured him, etc. Cena's dad got revenge on Orton with the punt, Cena has cost orton the belt, and the only thing Cena hasn't done is injure Orton. Everything in the feud is pretty much even and after all these years, its time to move on. This brings me to my second point,
2, what will they move on to? Well it seems like Orton is gearing up for a legacy feud, but what about Cena? where does he go if he wins the title? Is there an up and coming heel to battle? Will he face Triple H? To me it makes sense for Orton to keep the title and to send Cena to SD for fresh feuds. It might suck, but thats my thought.

I think Cena will win on Sunday, possibly with some interference from DiBiase. Cena will go on to face Triple H in a series of matches. Not too excited about more Cena vs. Triple H, although I wouldn't mind if it leads to Cena defending against Triple H and Shawn Michaels in a triple threat TLC match at the TLC pay-per-view in December.

We've just had blood in the PG era. Cena was busted open the hard way. I think they went loco backstage as they legit had doctors come out and cameras didn't focus on the cut. It wasn't even anything serious, just a little blood, but none the less the announcers sold it as a gash. I bet Vince was losing his mind backstage lol.

I'm watching the PPV and this match is actually very good. The best that they've had for sure thus far. It would be so much better if the 3 man team of Cole, King, and Grisham actually had some energy. They sound so sad and so sorry for John Cena.

Instead of calling the match and enjoying the show they are getting all somber when Orton does something to Cena, but get excited when Cena does something to Orton. They continually put over excitedly that the match is no DQ anything goes before the match started, and then when Orton starts doing that they get all sad like Orton is committing murder in the ring. Why don't they just call the match with Cena's dick in their mouth.

WOW is all I can say! I was not expecting that to be a Match of the Year canidate but it has to be considered no doubt! Great way to HOPEFULLY end this feud!

Yes I agree with everyone. That was a hell of a match, and it kept me entertained for the whole hour. It was booked well, and Orton although he lost still looked great and came out better than when he went into the match. Not MOTY (Taker/HBK), but it was still a great match. Oh and Cena got busted open. Added a great element that WWE matches have been missing lately. Hopefully they will end the no blood rule.

This was a great match and possible match of the year. Cena and Orton put on a hell of a of a show and it was worth the money I paid to see it. Cena did get busted open the hard way and I'm sure Vince wasn't too happy about that. At least it wasn't too bad. I was expecting Ted DiBiase to come out and screw Orton over, but that didn't happen. Orton was sadistic tonight and I really thought there was no limit to how far he was going to go to beat Cena. Great match.

I'm very middle of the road on this match. I think even considering it for MOTY is silly as heck. It didn't come close to entertaining me for the whole hour. The stuff in the crowd, the pyro junk and Orton running away was boring. That being said, the rest of the match was quite good. In all honesty I would have preferred them going the HBK/Angle route from RAW going only 30 minutes.

It was just a good match. No more. No less. It was good. Their Summerslam match was still the best of the four recent one-on-one encounters.

I for one didn't see the PPV, but I have been extremely intrigued by the main event since it's announcement a few weeks ago. So I'll have to start scouring youtube in the next couple days, and hopefully someone can post it, and I can check it out before it gets taken down. That being said, I'm pretty disappointed Cena walked out with the belt. Although "we" did see the beginning of the Batista heel turn when he attacked Rey Rey [thank God.] I'm just interested to see who gets thrown into the WWE title mix now that Orton/Cena's feud is officially over.

I think it's easily a match of the year candidate and may even be better than Taker' and Shawn (which I found to be vastly over-rated).

I didn''t expect it to be great just solid I thought it was silly of people on here to claim Orton and Cena can't work a match. Just because they don't show their whole arsenal on every Raw doesn't mean they suck.

I am however dissapointed because I'm not sure how the WWE will spin Cena's reign who will he face ? Swagger or Cody Rhodes ? I have a sick feeling it will be Triple H, but I would be very happy if HBK ends up winning a number one contenders match against HHH (to set up their WM 26 feud) and go onto face Cena.

Just from what I read on the Wrestlezone play-by-play, it sounded really exciting. Sounded really well booked, and that Cena and Orton both did a great job. I was unsure of how Cena and Orton would stay occupied for an hour, but apparently they did a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back