Bragging Rights - Orton (c) v Cena 60 min Iron Man Match

Like alot of other people, I'm quite torn.

It could be as entertaining as hell, these guys could come up with some pretty creative spots. And I don't think stamina will be much of a problem. Randy Orton takes his time anyway, so he might feel right at home in this match. Plus Cena will probably just be getting beaten down for the first 40 minutes anyway.

That's what I'm really worried about though. We'll see a Cena superman story during this match. As in, Orton will get 3 or 4 falls and holds the lead for most of the match then Cena will start to come back in the last 15 minutes and we're supposed to think will he won't he. I want a 50:50 match. I want both men to display their strengths proudly.

Also, they should swerve us and make Cena lose. What better way to end the feud for good? Then Orton will have no choice but to take on some newcomers.
I mean, they did it with Undertaker when he was feuding with Edge...
But despite all the WWE critics who bitch and moan about it, WWE do usually manage to work things out. So I'm looking forward to this one. Though I'll probably tune out for the first 20 minutes of headlocks.

Everyone should know by now FOREVER is a very lose term in the WWE, so if Cena were to lose there are a million ways to get him back on Raw. The one that sticks out the most is now having a guest host every week, why cant they reinstate him one week since they have control of Raw for that night?, then theres the Rumble, draft, or even a match to get back on Raw, and so on! Also if he loses whos to say he goes to SD, maybe its filming time again for one of his horrible movies!
Either way please be the end to this feud! Now if Orton loses it would be nice if he can be out of the title picture for a while, this guy has to be close to Batista's consecutive fighting for or defending the title streak, from a few years ago. I know hes Raw's top heel but enough already give another heel a shot already.
Its a shame how they just throw around the HW belt like a skanky ring rat, to me there is no credibility on these 1 month title reigns, at this rate Orton and Cena should have held the belt 30+ x's, by the time they retire!

Everyone should know by now FOREVER is a very lose term in the WWE, so if Cena were to lose there are a million ways to get him back on Raw.

Either way please be the end to this feud! Now if Orton loses it would be nice if he can be out of the title picture for a while, this guy has to be close to Batista's consecutive fighting for or defending the title streak, from a few years ago. I know hes Raw's top heel but enough already give another heel a shot already.

First off your right forever doesn't mean a thing, it's interesting to me that they would throw in this stipulation that if Cena loses he must leave raw now seeing as CM Punk is in the dog house hmmm I'm just speculating but it's interesting. I mean Batista is pretty much finishing up his career as is the Undertaker Edge is always injured and may never be the same guy.

CM Punk idiotically called out John Cena and tried to upstage Taker so it's the mid-card for him. Cena would be great for SD! it's his original brand and he would provide fresh feuds, now if Cena ended up losing it would also open up new feuds for Raw.

Here's where your wrong Orton isn't Raw's top heel he is their ONLY heel they have nobody even remotely ready the next guy in line Dibiase will be a babyface. It's tough Cena would have to defend his title almost exclusively in face vs. face feuds that only will work for so long.

Storyline wise it makes sense for Cena to win when does a top heel ever beat a top face ? But business wise ? It actually makes lots more sense for Orton to be the victor.

As for the match itself I really don't know they work reasonably well together SS 07 was a vastly underrated match and the HIAC they just did was pretty good.

An Iron man match is tricky only the best can pull it off, which is why Cena and Orton are doing it they are the pioneers of the next generation this is just a early part of a career long rivalry between the two whether we or anybody else likes it or not.

Wow fear, I expected better from you. 9000 encounters, really? From a one on one stand point, I can think of about six, you have a bit of an exaggeration.

Obviously. I can think of 8 off the top of my head, on PPVs alone. But think about what you just said Lee...six times that you can think of off the top of your head, 3 of which have happened in the last few months. It's old. It's beyond old, it's fucking boring. Great feuds don't usually happen when they're facing eachother at a PPV every 3 weeks. How many times did The Rock and Austin face each other? Bret Hart and HBK? Undertaker and Mankind? Great feuds should be spaced out, not chug out match after match after match at every single PPV, playing World Title hotcake.

As I have stated their match at HIAC was pretty entertaining in my opinion, how's that boring. And to tears? seriously?

Yes, I was bored, to tears Lee. Their HIAC match was boring, their Breaking Point match was boring, their Summerslam match was boring...in fact these two have never had a match that wasn't boring. If you enjoyed it, that's nice. I didn't. If it weren't for the terrible HIAC match earlier that night between Punk and Undertaker I'd be tempted to name the Cena-Orton match the absolute worst HIAC match of all time. Shit I'd rather watch Bossman vs. Undertaker from WM 15.

And it makes 100% logic of it being Raw v SD! as if Cena loses he goes to SD! heck we could even see Teddy Long interfere :lmao:

Not gonna happen. They aren't going to move their biggest star to a television show that's carried on a network that huge chunks of their fanbase don't even get. The only way I see Cena ever going to Smackdown again is if they get on a decent network, McMahon isn't going to take the face of the company off his A-Brand show.

Reactions: Lee
I honestly can say I don't know who is winning.

I can see Cena winning the championship (again) after this match, but I also don't see Orton losing the belt either. But, Cena will sure as hell not be sent to Smackdown. If he was however, Raw would lose a shitload of viewers, some that don't even have MyNTV.

I can see a draw in the match, that both men are unable to finish the match, but then we would have to put up with another bullshit encounter, so I really am unsure about who to lean toward to.

Where did they say on Raw that if Cena loses he is banned from Raw forever? I heard Orton say that if he wins, Cena is banned from Raw and can go to either Smackdown or ECW. I don't think I heard the term forever. Anyways, it's not like it matters because Cena will be on Raw one way or another. You never know, Cena may lose but a stipulation may say he can be on both shows. Sounds crazy but what isn't crazy with WWE booking.

Raw and Smackdown needs main eventers, but with Batista on Smackdown there isn't a need for Cena. If Cena leaves Raw then it will leave a huge gap. Who will feud with Orton then? Triple H or Michaels for the 10th time. I have to agree that this feud is stale mainly because these two have had every kind of match you can have together. When Cena wasn't feuding with Orton, he was still facing him on six man tag matches on Raw.

There are too many PPV's on WWE for any feud not to get stale. This feud is definitely going to end though because there is not much you can do after HIAC and an Iron Man Match. Maybe they can do a diva bowl match, god forbid.

Like many others I am very glad to see the return of the Iron Man Match as it has been a good while.

I just hope they go the Rock/HHH route rather than that of Bret and HBK. A match with more falls (say 4-3) rather than a 0-0 then sudden death would help out both Cena and Orton provide a more entertaining match.

The no DQ rules do rule out an Orton Chair attack to give away a fall but put him in a dominant position option but apart from that I think it gives them a bit more leeway to entertain rather than the chinlock/headlock feast that a lot of people are worried about.

No idea who will win, which will make it all the better to watch.

im stoked and disappointed because i was hoping they would book it for survivor series and then have john Cena and randy orton vs cm punk and undertaker at bragging rights so that way they could let build and have randy and john one up each other week in week out same goes for punk-taker. lol the next new themed ppv replacing the bash will be iron man were every match is an iron man match

I am looking forward to this match. This is a great stipulation, but I am assuming Cena will win because I can't see Cena on Smackdown. But who knows? WWE might swerve us and send Cena to Smackdown. And does anyone see overtime happening for this match?

WWE might swerve us and send Cena to Smackdown.

Well, with Cena/Taker rumors floating I wouldn't be surprised!

To me this match has bad idea written all over it! Now Cena has indeed worked an hour before, but that was with Shawn Michaels. I don't care who you are, 60-Minute Iron Man matches, are hard to pull off, and I'm just not sure, these two are the ones you can depend on to do it.

Fact is, at least in my eyes, that these two have only had one really good match and that was at Breaking Point! And the only good match they had in '07 was at Summerslam. It's not as if these two aren't good workers, but 60 minute iron man match? Even Bret & Shawn, two of the best of all time had a hard time keeping me entertained.

The only really good Iron Man Matches I've seen were Angle/Lesnar, Rock/HHH and Benoit/HHH. Yes, Bret & Shawn was excellent, but it's one of those excellent matches I'd never watch again.

I don't have a short attention span, and will enjoy an Iron Man match if its thrilling and epic, but the Cena/Orton feud has been anything BUT either of those things! With the acception of the Breaking Point match, which was played off very well, like an Action film.

But when we have Cena coming out on "Raw" every week, mugging for the camera making 645654 WWE Universe references, and treating his loss like it's not a big deal, than why should anyone care, when these two are going to for 60 minutes.

For a Championship feud this has been quite a downer, and quite boring!

Wow it's been a while since we had a 60 minute Iron Man match, I'm excited for this one. For one I thought their match at HIAC was pretty entertaining, things have been hot between these two and rightly so.

The problem I have is the "Cena leaves raw forever" stipulation, I mean can you really see WWE letting their biggest star stay off the biggest show forever? Either way I see it as a fitting end to a damn good feud.

Well McMahon is not deaf when the whole crowd in Newark,NJ was behind Orton just like Montreal before and Cena was jeered in NJ
So yes CENA Is going to SMackdown they need talent there since Edge is not there so this can continue a great feud with the Undertaker CENA vs Undertaker will take place and Edge comes to RAW to confront jericho I guess
Cena never competed in an Iron match just like he never did in a hell in a cell match either so expect him to lose and Orton and all his fans to get our wish and get rid of this 5 set brawler not wrestler who lacks wrestling skills
banish him from RAW 4EVER let CENA feud with Batista again part 2

I'm excited about this match.It's good that it's anything goes.They should do the first maybe at least 20 minutes of wrestling, just wrestling in the ring.Then have a good brawl through the crowd and the arena and than some hardcore stuff in the ring.Then have a Legacy run-in and DX making the save.And then continue and finish the match.And neither Orton nor Cena will win.It's gonna be DRAW.So Orton retains the title and Cena stays on Raw.Maybe Cena will ask for sudden death but Orton will refuse.

if they are thinking about wrestlemania 26 i believe that cena will get pushed over to SD and start to feud with undertaker at the end of Dec and when wrestlemania comes fight, but am i excited for this iron man match hell now i hate cena and orton and to have them take up 1/3 of a show is just stupid i think after a half and hour it will just become steller and boring stupid idea by wwe.

Yes, he is boring.

He has a good character that has been booked poorly.

Have you ever seen an Orton match? It mostly consists of him locking his opponents into several variations of a lock (headlock, chinlock, e.t.c.). I don’t see how he is “fun” to watch in the ring. He doesn’t need to do a bunch of flips, but he at least needs to be able to keep my attention and interested in a match and he isn’t able to do that. But I guess you could always take the easy route out and blame creative.

When did I say he was bad? I said he was boring. There’s a huge difference. Bad would be Khali, boring would be Orton. See the difference?

That’s why you think Cena is the worst wrestler? Because he does has a few moves? You have horrible logic and you obviously don’t know anything about wrestling. Wrestling isn’t about the amount of moves you can do; it’s about entertaining the fans by telling a story in the ring. Cena is able to tell a story in his matches and by the looks of it, the majority of fans are entertained by him.

Even if he only does that (even though he does more than that) it appears his able to entertain the majority of fans by doing just that. If it ain’t broke…

If it ain’t broke…

I don’t see what’s wrong with that at all. If anything, it makes his opponents look stronger if they are able to dominate him for the majority of a match.

He does sell injuries…just look at his recent matches and pay close attention and you’ll see he does sell.

When has he had a possible broken leg?

It’s called making a “comeback.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. Orton is a very boring wrestling and I don’t see how he is going to make people want to watch him wrestle for an entire hour.

It’s not about what you want. If having Cena with the title is going to make the WWE more money then they’ll put the title on him. It’s as simple as that.

I don’t see how it would suck. If anything, he adds more depth to the main event and immediately creates new and fresh feud which have potential to be good.

Why does everyone need to be put over by Cena. He has done a good job of putting other wrestlers over, how about they have him focus on something else other than putting over talent that is already getting over.

As long as the Raw writers don’t start writing Smackdown, I don’t think it’s going to turn into shit.

I doubt that Cena going to SD! Would start their downturn.

damn savage! get em! i mean, i'm not here to bout and say that cena or orton sucks, but i will say that they ARE both part of the wwe. and when it comes to wwe, it's pretty much "as long as you can get the crowd on your side and have them coming back to see you, then you're the 'best.'"

but like some savage also said, usually when it comes to orton, its usually just a couple locks. a punching bout between him and his opponent, a back cracker, and a couple attacks to the legs. if it's not ending with a RKO, it's usually ending with a interference by legacy...

OK so heres my take on this match.
Orton will win, Cena goes to smackdown.

Why???

Cena is supposed to be doing more movies, so in order to film the movies cena will need some time off live tv, so with smackdown not being live then i think he'll go to smackdown and do less house shows until he's finished filming his movies and then go back to raw in the draft after wrestlemania.

Anyone agree??

I think this should be the best match out of all of the Cena/Orton matches. A 60 minute ironman is something you rarely see nowadays, so it will be interesting to see how the WWE plays it. I think that if booked well, Cena and Orton will be able to give us a classic.

As for the whole Cena leaves Raw stipulation, I doubt it'll happen, but you never know. There is always the chance for a swerve, and it would really make Orton look great. However, if Cena loses and leaves Raw, who will Orton feud against? HHH has been done to death, HBK has been done, Mark Henry? MVP? Not great options. If Orton were to actually retain and stay on Raw as the champ, I'd reckon a feud against a face Dibiase would be pretty good and interesting.

Ya know, I noticed a lot of you are trying to argue that Cena is comparable to guys like HBK, The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, etc. in that they all have similar build ups and finishing structures or whatever you want to call them. While that may be true, I sincerely hope you're not saying that Cena is as good of a wrestler as those guys. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate on Cena like everyone else. He's by no means my favorite wrestler at the moment, but he in no way has the same abilities as any of those other guys. Just because their build ups make them look like superhumans, doesn't mean they have the same story telling ability.

I think it will be 55 minutes of Cena getting the shit beat out of him (like that one Raw match he had with Michaels), maybe gets pinned once and in the last five minutes he somehow scores two pinfalls over Orton overcoming all odds. Oh ya and a match long chinlock from Orton is not something I'm looking forward to.

this is how i would end the match.... five minutes left cena pins orton putting him up 3 to 1... theodore long and drew mcintyre(if they are serios about his future) come out and teddy gestures DM forward he then runs to the ring and beats on cena (who actually sells the beating) and throws orton ontop of a limp cena three times for the win. on thursday Long reveals he wasnt helping orton he did what he did so that cena would be forced to come to smackdown and make it the A show. cena and long feud vince/steve style. DM reveals he agreed to help long so he could take down cena and prove why vince signed him

this is how i would end the match.... five minutes left cena pins orton putting him up 3 to 1... theodore long and drew mcintyre(if they are serios about his future) come out and teddy gestures DM forward he then runs to the ring and beats on cena (who actually sells the beating) and throws orton ontop of a limp cena three times for the win. on thursday Long reveals he wasnt helping orton he did what he did so that cena would be forced to come to smackdown and make it the A show. cena and long feud vince/steve style. DM reveals he agreed to help long so he could take down cena and prove why vince signed him

That's a pretty good idea.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that they're gonna move Cena to Smackdown, and in turn get Jericho & Big Show to be Raw-exclusive. Smackdown needs all upper-echelon talent they can get so as to attract a new, better TV deal.

For me the only thing that will help this match stay entertaining over the hour will be the anything goes stipulation because neither one of these guys are mat experts so the ability to bring in weapons and have run ins will help keep me entertained. In terms of how the outcome will play out, I definately see orton getting a huge lead like a 3-1 or something with 10 mins to go and cena having to be superman to get it back to 3 all. Then I see it going to sudden victory where orton will win by some underhanded tactic and cena will head off to smackdown

Never has there been a match with such potential, both ways. Easily could be the best match of the year, easily could be the worst match of the year. Based upon how the WWE has been booking this entire feud match ways, im leaning towards the latter. I mean. Orton, within the first ten minutes at least, is easily the most boring wrestler in the WWE. Yeaaaa I know "heel phsycology blabbity blah" well. What the fuck ever. Jericho and Punk are heels, and they are awesome. Anyways.

Could be shit. Stomping and headlocking and walking around slowly for 60 minutes. OR tons of cheating,weapon use, With Cena getting down, WAY down early, and staging a huge comeback. Likely a combination of the two. Which will make it mediocre. Shame no one will see Cena make his comeback, becuase the first 45 minutes of this will undoubtabley have the majority of the audience in a DEEP sleep. Ive never been more sure of anything in my life.

This match will obviously be drawn out and hopefully Cena and Orton will unleash hell like the past 2 months and some new moves as well. Maybe on of them will be busted open to bring more of a close to the match as this should be the one that ends the feud. I see Orton winning and retaining the gold. It would make no sense for Orton to drop the title again.

Sorry if this has been said before, but I just couldn't read every post for 8 pages.

If you want a BS conclusion to this matchup, they could end it in a draw. I agree with most that think Orton will likely take a huge lead early, and Cena will Superman his way back to a deadlock within the final 10 minutes. However, this is where the situation comes in about Cena leaving RAW.

If Cena does leave RAW, which is an option regardless of how big a star he is, then Orton picks up the clean (despite heel tactics) win, and the feud ends with Cena on the road to Smackdown.

If Cena is to stay, then he will successfully mount his comeback and likely pull off something in the final minute to take the lead and win. From there, another heel on RAW needs to step forward and challenge Cena for the title through the end of the year. Personally, I see more options if Cena DOES go to Smackdown, but that is just me.

However, there is easily a way around this: the BS ending of a draw. Perhaps Orton does take a huge lead, and perhaps Cena does Superman back to tie things up. Now, maybe Orton runs off, stalls, cheats, or just holds on long enough to where the clock runs out and the match ends in a draw. Orton could pull a Kurt Angle and dash (with the title) before any overtime could be announced. Thus, Cena technically didn't lose, he just didn't win, and this is his out to staying on RAW. Orton remains champion, and still is the top heel on the show. The feud then could either end, or continue with Cena still on RAW.

I don't know how this could work out in the long run, but it is certainly an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back