Best Iron Man Match

PsychoBlack

Damn it feels good to be a Taylor!!
Between WWE, WCW, and, TNA, there have been 11 Iron Man matches. Kurt angle has competed in the most with 3. for me the best match out of all of the Iron Man's is Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle from Smackdown! in 2003. It was different because they put a 60 minute match on free TV and also Brock's underhanded tactics and Kurt fighting back at the end gave it a edge of the seat feel. What are you guys' favorite Iron Man match

First of all, WWE is the only promotion to have put on 60 minutes of multiple falls matches.

And to answer your question, I'm gonna say Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, while all the 60 minute Iron Man Matches that has been put on through the years have been absolutely great, I feel that the Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels one had a specific charm over it, it was the very first one of them, it was innovative and fresh, and it was two of the greatest in-ring talent ever locking up.

Shawn vs Bret put on a great back and forth match, sure there were many rest holds, and there weren't any pinfalls in the way of Triple H vs The Rock or John Cena vs Randy Orton, but I feel that it added to the excitement of going through it all with only 1 pinfall through sudden death, it was so equal that it had to add to the special feeling of it.

Depends. If any 60 minute match counts as "Iron man", I would go with Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena on Monday Night Raw, April 23 2007. It wasn't listed as an Iron Man match, there was only one fall, but the WWE gave us something really special. They gave us an unofficial Wrestlemania main event type match on TV, that was heads and away better than their actual Wrestlemania match was.

If we are solely talking about matches that are officially booked as an Iron Man match, for my money, it has to be Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII. It needed overtime, and the final score was 1-0. I dislike the ones that feature multiple pinfalls, because it just isn't as dramatic. But, when you have two guys that wrestle for an hour without ANY pinfalls, despite multiple attempts, its tense. You stay on the edge of your seat.

Let me clear this up it doesn't have to be a 60 minute iron man match, just an iron man match. WCW and TNA have had multiple 30 minute Iron Man matches that were great in their own respect. Ferbian was correct in saying that only WWE has put on 60 minute Iron Man matches

Let me clear this up it doesn't have to be a 60 minute iron man match, just an iron man match. WCW and TNA have had multiple 30 minute Iron Man matches that were great in their own respect. Ferbian was correct in saying that only WWE has put on 60 minute Iron Man matches

Yes indeed they did have their share of 30 minute multiple falls matches, but I just personally feel that there's nothing big behind wrestling 30 minutes of multiple falls, we've seen 30 minute matches wrestled with only a single fall going through the most of times.

While on the other hand, the special feeling of multiple falls being allowed, and actually having to end a match through falls, in a 60 minute match, was something bigger to me, even if we've seen 60 minute matches before from Ric Flair, and Ricky Steamboat, they ended in 60 minute draws which therefore didn't have the same feeling behind it as I feel a 60 minute multiple falls does.

If your a loud to pick the 30 minute iron man matches, then I would have to say Kurt Angle vs. Benoit in the iron man submission match. It was a good match from start to finish, and it was all tap outs.

Now, for the 60 minute one, I have to say Bret vs. Shawn. It was a main event, and no one thought it could of been down. In my opinion it topped the Hogan vs. Warrior match at Wrestlemania 6, because those two could give a lot more then body slams and gorilla bench presses.

Bret/Shawn WrestleMania 12.

Simply because they told a story and actually used the name of the match Iron man, neather broke during the 60 minutes, it was a draw then 2 minutes into OT Shawn won.

the rest kind don't go hand in hand with the name, like Angle/Lesnar DID change my opinions when Lesnar got DQed and scored 2 pinfalls on Kurt I thought that was gnarly as hell but the rest kind of gel together where as Bret/Shawn was 0-0 after the iron man match and OT was required.

I know what an Iron Man Match is but I had to get on Wikipedia to remind myself of all the Iron Man Matches wrestlings had. Now that I've reviewed the list here's what I've come up with. I've never seen the WCW or TNA Iron Man Matches, but I've seen all the WWE matches except for Rock/Triple H. With that being said my favorite by far is Bret Hart Vs Shawn Michaels no doubt.

I could talk about how its was the first WWE Iron Man Match and the first one to be 60minutes and how it needed overtime. I could talk about Bret and Shawn as performers and their whole fued leading up to this match. All that stuff makes this match special and great, but thats not the real reason its my favorite.

Its my favorite because of the psychology. Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat wrestled for 60 minutes multiple times, ending in a draw. HBK and John Cena had a match on Raw back in 2007 that was either a full hour or nearly was. CM Punk and Samoa Joe had two 60minute matches that ended in a draw in Ring of Honor. (I'm sure they're other examples too) My point is, that on certain occassions, two wrestlers can be so evenly matched, and determinded, that neither can pin or submit the other. That was the case with Bret and Shawn. I don't need to see multiple pin falls to get excited about an iron man match. 1-0, or 2-1 can do it.

My second problem with WWE's Iron Man Matches and their Psychology is this. Usually when guys like Cena and Orton or Rock and Hunter wrestle each other, it generally takes 20-30 minutes before one of them finally beats the other. So why in Iron Man Matches do we see guys get pinned every 10 minutes? The first pin fall shouldn't come till at least 20 minutes into the match and I could see how after 30-40 minutes the wrestlers get tired and beat up which could allow for more pinfalls during the second half of the match, but not the first. 6-5 and 5-4 is just too many pinfalls for me.

actually in the iron man matches that the op mentioned only two of the 11 have had just one fall and one of those was the 60 plus minute match between hart and hbk. so the majority of the 30 minute iron man matches in wwe, wcw, and tna have had multiple falls.

I am very well aware of that, I think you misunderstood my whole point of the fact that we saw regular matches, singles matches, that went on to last 30 minutes.

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker Wrestlemania 25 lasted for 30 minutes 41 seconds.

Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle went for 27 minutes (almost 30 I know, but still) with only one fall, we see regular matches going for almost 30 minutes on a regular basic, while we don't see regular matches going 60 minutes anymore at all, and we didn't in that period of time neither, so therefore I would consider that to be the more special one, 60 minutes, 1 fall alone.

I know what an Iron Man Match is but I had to get on Wikipedia to remind myself of all the Iron Man Matches wrestlings had. Now that I've reviewed the list here's what I've come up with. I've never seen the WCW or TNA Iron Man Matches, but I've seen all the WWE matches except for Rock/Triple H. With that being said my favorite by far is Bret Hart Vs Shawn Michaels no doubt.

I could talk about how its was the first WWE Iron Man Match and the first one to be 60minutes and how it needed overtime. I could talk about Bret and Shawn as performers and their whole fued leading up to this match. All that stuff makes this match special and great, but thats not the real reason its my favorite.

Its my favorite because of the psychology. Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat wrestled for 60 minutes multiple times, ending in a draw. HBK and John Cena had a match on Raw back in 2007 that was either a full hour or nearly was. CM Punk and Samoa Joe had two 60minute matches that ended in a draw in Ring of Honor. (I'm sure they're other examples too) My point is, that on certain occassions, two wrestlers can be so evenly matched, and determinded, that neither can pin or submit the other. That was the case with Bret and Shawn. I don't need to see multiple pin falls to get excited about an iron man match. 1-0, or 2-1 can do it.

My second problem with WWE's Iron Man Matches and their Psychology is this. Usually when guys like Cena and Orton or Rock and Hunter wrestle each other, it generally takes 20-30 minutes before one of them finally beats the other. So why in Iron Man Matches do we see guys get pinned every 10 minutes? The first pin fall shouldn't come till at least 20 minutes into the match and I could see how after 30-40 minutes the wrestlers get tired and beat up which could allow for more pinfalls during the second half of the match, but not the first. 6-5 and 5-4 is just too many pinfalls for me.

This is why the Lesnar/Angle match is the best one. These two had wars at WrestleMania and SummerSlam and in this match Lesnar realizes that the match can go more than one fall so he hits Angle with a chair giving up a fall but gaining it rite back, after that he took advantage of the fact that he had done significant advantage to angle and gave him an F5 and he never lost the lead after that. Angle should have had the match tied in the end but the referee was down during a pin attempt where it was easily a 5 count but tried to fight through it and almost tied it up at the end. That my friend is called is why its the greatest iron man match ever

i am going with the brock lesner vs kurt angle it wasa great match and told a story and i never seen the bret hart vs shawn micheals match but i heard it was great but i plan on watching soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back