Awesome Kong to FCW

From what we saw tonight on Raw it looks like she may not be going to FCW. I don't think she really needs to go. I mean Mistico didn't go so I don't think Kong needs to either. I think the people who really need to be built up are sent to FCW and those who can pretty much carry themselves go to the main roster. I see potential in Kong and I hope she helps the divas division because we all know it needs all the help it can get.

First off I don't view women's wrestling as shit, I view the WWE's Divas division as shit. Huge difference. I watch joshi and SHIMMER on a fairly regular basis, I love women's wrestling. Secondly, what about what I just said doesn't make sense? Kong has dragged shit wrestlers through 2 minute Divas style matches in TNA plenty of times, how is this any different?

Actually, you made perfect sense. But nothing that you said was right. It was just you, once again, finding it impossible that a seasoned wrestler needs some sort of polishing, improvement, adaptation, or any other words that could be used to explain Kong's movement into FCW... temporarily.

How would I know anything about how wrestling varies from company to company? Oh I don't know, because I have a pair of eyes and ears? Because I WATCH these "other" promotions, unlike yourself and Remix who are jumping all over my shit here.

How do I not watch other promotions? Are you above me because you watch Shimmer? Or Japan pro-wrestling? Are you pulling your holier-than-thou card again because you study indy promotions on YouTube and I don't?

Don't pull this "You're not a wrestler, so you don't know anything about wrestling" bullshit out man, because that's one of the lamest lines in the book and you're better than that. You don't have to be a chef to know how to cook, you know?

Did you read half of my post, stop, get pissed off, and respond with this dribble? At least show me enough respect to read EVERYTHING I wrote before forming another sermon about something you completely misread.

And you're right... I wouldn't use that argument and I didn't. All I said was that your "eyes and ears" cannot compare to a seasoned veteran like Chris Jericho and what he explained to the entire world in his book. He said (in BOTH of his books) that wrestlers now go through the feeder programs to learn the WWE's style. Like it or not, how can you argue against that?

I'm baffled as to why you're even arguing with me here about this,

Total ironic statement here.

are you trying to say that the WWE and other indies don't work a different style? What are you even getting at here? Do tell me D-Man, do the Divas not work 2 minute matches on every single TV show? You have eyes, right? Then you see exactly the same shit I do every single week on RAW and Smackdown.

I didn't think it was rocket science. I'm saying that the WWE does work a different style and new wrestlers need to learn it and adapt to it before working matches in the WWE ring. It's not that hard of a concept.

How does one struggle to adapt to the "WWE style" out of the ring D-Man? We're talking about a wrestling style, not the backstage politics or how different of an atmosphere the WWE locker room is from other companies, we're talking about the in-ring work.

Obviously we are talking about in-ring work. But if you want to pluck out three words of a perfectly good and true statement I made just to continue with your tirade (as if it has some kind of truth or substance) then be my guest. Whatever blows your hair back, I guess.

Jericho didn't go get extra training, he went straight from the WCW to the WWE and he worked the same kind of matches he did in WCW. I don't give a fuck if you read Jericho's book and Chris talks about how hard it was to adapt to the WWE style, it's as simple as going to YouTube and watching a Chris Jericho match in WCW in 1998, and then watching a Chris Jericho match in the WWF in 1999. Simple as that man.

Jericho explained that things have changed since he entered the WWE. Like I said in my previous post, once other wrestlers began jumping ship, entering the WWE and stinking up the ring, they began sending all new wrestlers to the feeder programs first.

And honestly, if it makes you feel better to "not give a fuck" about the truth in pro-wrestling, that's your ignorance and you're welcome to it. There's no possible way that Xfearbefore from Wrestlezone.com is going to convince me about something in pro-wrestling that would make me believe you over Chris fucking Jericho.

I'm sure Jericho had to change some things up and adapt to the WWE style slightly, but again, it's not nearly as big of a difference in style as you seem to think. Seriously, go watch a Jericho WCW match from '98, then go and watch his PPV debut match against X-Pac at Unforgiven 1999, and explain to me the HUGE VAST DIFFERENCES in his in-ring style that he had to work and change to fit the "WWE style". I'll wait.

No need to wait. And I will sit here and honestly tell you that I agreed with everything you just said... until I read Jericho's book. And since I humbly admit that I know as much about pro-wrestling as the next smarky fan like yourself and probably 99% of the readers on this forum, why would I possibly think that I'm right and Jericho's wrong? There must be something I was missing. You should take a slice of that humble pie.

You do realize what Jericho is saying there is basically exactly what I have been saying, right? He wasn't accepted backstage and was viewed as shit until he talked to Pat Patterson who told him what he could and couldn't do int he ring. Is that not EXACTLY what I said "working the WWE style" was and is? You're acting like Jericho had to go and train for weeks and learn new moves and a new style of wrestling and how to work a totally new kind of match, when in reality all it was was Jericho being told what he could and couldn't do out there (which, again, is exactly what I said happened and you basically just confirmed).

I'm just using Jericho's words, man. I didn't paraphrase... I quoted him. I'm taking it literally because I've read both of his books and learned that he is very literal in his writing style.

WHAT WWE STYLE?! Seriously, explain to me RIGHT NOW what the WWE style is D-Man, and then explain to me how Kong needs to learn it.

I can't do that because I don't know the WWE. All I know is what I watch on TV and what I learned at the IWF some years back when I was a student and wrestled indy matches. But I would imagine that it would have something to do with moves, psychology, or playing to the cameras might be a bit different than most would be used to.

What does she need to learn to do? Seriously, explain away man, I'm waiting. Kong has worked in front of North American sports entertainment wrestling fans for quite awhile when she spent years in TNA if you forgot about that whole stint. She's a monster heel, all she needs to do is be a big powerhouse in the ring, that's her role and style in every promotion and it works.

Brosef, calm down. I agree with you. But I don't work for the WWE and neither do you. Take a deep breath and chill for a minute. I'm only quoting an autobiography written by one of the most experienced pro-wrestlers ever. And he's not the only wrestler I've heard this from. I wish I knew more details but I just don't.

Like I said, you guys are seriously deluded if you think there is some mystical, magical "WWE style" formula that you can ONLY LEARN once under the gracious contract of the WWE, like it's some secret recipe hidden in a vault somewhere that you can only see when Vince signs you up. Please, unless you can sit here and explain to me in detail EXACTLY what the WWE style is, how Kong doesn't already know how to work it, and why she would even need to learn it in the first place, than spare me, because you're talking nonsense.

Well, I can't, so I guess we're at a standstill. But I won't piss and moan my opinions all over this forum. I'll give you facts that I picked up before arguing this point. Nothing more.

DBD learned absolutely nothing from his time in FCW. What was he going to learn D-Man? How to do an armdrag? How to get heat? How to play up to a crowd? He's known how to do all of these things for 10 years. Again, "learning the WWE style" really = someone sitting you down and telling you what moves you can and can't do out there, which is why Danielson's in-ring moveset is just a very limited and small sample of what he did in the indies. He uses a few key spots he's always used, and just sticks to them and doesn't go out and do the crazy jumps and high spots or sick submission attempts and strikes like he used to, he just sticks to his few high-impact spots and his finisher and it works for him. THAT'S the WWE style D-Man. Taking the talents of someone and streamlining/limiting what they do out there.

I think the point is that neither one of us know this answer. To say otherwise is just plain foolish. But you can keep rambling on about what you think all you want. I've given facts and I'll stick by them.

I can answer the WWE style question

The WWE style is about being "bigger". Not in size, but exaggerating your motions. There's a reason HBK and Cena and pretty much every other guy who has ever gotten really REALLY over also gets ripped for "overselling". Go to a WWE show, buy the cheapest, shittiest seats possible. That "overselling" is now a great storytelling device from afar. Playing "big" is a way to get everyone into the match. Everyone in the match means more noise, more noise means more entertainment on TV.

Beyond that it's also about knowing when to be safe, when to be spectacular. Playing up to the hard cam (something that's little but a LOT of people don't realize). Knowing your time in a match. Knowing the type of psychology to use.

The psychology part shouldn't be too much different from most American indies. However, in companies like ROH you can pretty much throw out an incoherant spotfest and get those silly "dis iz awsum" chants by the tards (not all ROH fans, just the ones that chant that and other "look at me" chants). The psychology part is mostly different for Japanese and Lucha guys. In Lucha, it's okay if a move doesn't make sense, they're used to it. In the US, people question your legitimacy with a lot of flippity shit because they don't relate that to combat. In Japan it's okay to totally kill your neck on 20 headdrops and have to invent a new finish every year or so because you let everyone and their mother kick out of your other ones. In the US that doesn't get over so well. You end up like Kurt Angle where you have to do 15 angle slams, 2 moonsaults, and 90 ankle lock and ankle lock counters before anyone buys a finish to a big match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back