Ask a Forum Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Please ask forum questions in this thread, not in the complaint thread. Thanks!

Additionally, do NOT ask questions on the things you can find in the Rule Book and FAQs.

WrestleZone Forums Rule Book: Click Here!

WrestleZone Forums FAQS: Click Here!

Do you and your staff ever plan on implementing rules for The Bar Room that are more definite? The forum's general rules just state that you shouldn't cross the line. I think it would be great if you could get together with your staff and decide exactly what crossing the line entails.

Do you and your staff ever plan on implementing rules for The Bar Room that are more definite? The forum's general rules just state that you shouldn't cross the line. I think it would be great if you could get together with your staff and decide exactly what crossing the line entails.

Interesting suggestion. We'll look into it.

Surprises me coming from you, though, you're one of the "good guys." Admit it, someone put you up to asking this. Was it Justin? Becker? DWS?

I brought up a thread about having more reps allowed in 24 hours. I would really like to start giving green rep to great new posters while giving my normal reppage per day to great or poor regulars.

I brought up a thread about having more reps allowed in 24 hours. I would really like to start giving green rep to great new posters while giving my normal reppage per day to great or poor regulars.

I adjusted rep a while back so it took fewer posts in between rep to be able to rep them again. The "spread it around" rule. I didn't know there was a limit on rep you are allowed to give in 24 hours. And since I am a rep **** and always have been, if you found an upper limit I never found, then you need to be more selective with rep.

Are you unable to rep different people in 24 hours, or the same people?

Admittedly, I don't flame anywhere near as much as some other posters (and, on the rare occasions that I do flame, I try to keep it tasteful). I only ask because those who moderate The Bar Room may have differing opinions on what constitutes going too far. But, if you always choose moderators for The Bar Room that are extremely tolerant of what other people say, then my suggesting more definite guidelines is a moot point.

I adjusted rep a while back so it took fewer posts in between rep to be able to rep them again. The "spread it around" rule. I didn't know there was a limit on rep you are allowed to give in 24 hours. And since I am a rep **** and always have been, if you found an upper limit I never found, then you need to be more selective with rep.

Are you unable to rep different people in 24 hours, or the same people?

As a non Admin, I believe you can only rep around 10 times in one day. That is 10 individual posters I rep in one day. I would like it to be around 20ish. I would be considered a rep who, but there are a lot of posts that deserved to be repped.

As far as I'm concerned with the Bar Room, it's the Bar Room. Keep the racism, sexism and people's children out of it, and essentially you're good to go.

IC, you can give out limitless admin rep, so the rules don't apply to us in that regard.

As far as I'm concerned with the Bar Room, it's the Bar Room. Keep the racism, sexism and people's children out of it, and essentially you're good to go.

I'd like to preface this statement by saying that I'm not trying to defend the actions of a certain poster.

That being said, why do people's children come up in this? More than racism and sexism, attacking one's child is attacking an invisible person. It is someone who isn't on the site and someone that we usually don't know actually know if they exist or not (i.e. I could claim to have a child and not have one). Furthermore if we can't attack someone's child, then why isn't there a blanket family member flaming policy.

This is somewhere between a 'why' question and a bar rules inquiry.

I'd like to preface this statement by saying that I'm not trying to defend the actions of a certain poster.

That being said, why do people's children come up in this? More than racism and sexism, attacking one's child is attacking an invisible person. It is someone who isn't on the site and someone that we usually don't know actually know if they exist or not (i.e. I could claim to have a child and not have one). Furthermore if we can't attack someone's child, then why isn't there a blanket family member flaming policy.

I've always felt it should include family, because frequently, offending a member of someone's family, is worse than offending them directly. It'd be the same as saying "Your mom's a ****e.".

I've always felt it should include family, because frequently, offending a member of someone's family, is worse than offending them directly. It'd be the same as saying "Your mom's a ****e.".

But do you want people in the Bar to be banned over insulting someone's mother? It's the Bar.

I think this is the situation with children. People are far more protective of their children, than they are of their parents, because people see their children at their most defenseless, while their parents have always been strong and individual. Thus, when talking about "Your momma" jokes, I believe they are more acceptable, because of the subconscious view on the stability of parents.

As far as children go, because many of them are/were defenseless, the parent of the child feels the responsibility to protect their children. So when someone flames the "invisible" child, by a state of transference, they are, in a sense, flaming the parent of that child as well. Which then falls under the "flaming" section of the rules.

As far as insulting another person's child...is there really a need for it? Are posters on here so immature they can't contain their retorts to the poster they are addressing. The way I see it, in the Bar Room, if someone makes a comment about another poster's child, and is ask/told to stop by the second poster or a mod, then they need to stop. If they continue, they are opening themselves up for infraction/banning based upon the "moderator's discretion" clause in the Bar Room rules.

That's how I see it, at least.

Hey, is there a reason why I can't see everybody's sig?

I can see most of the sigs but not all. Like Tim's and Klunder's for example. In place of the image it says: "Photobucket, bandwidth exceeded, upgrade to pro today". Does this happen to everyone or just me?

I can see most of the sigs but not all. Like Tim's and Klunder's for example. In place of the image it says: "Photobucket, bandwidth exceeded, upgrade to pro today". Does this happen to everyone or just me?
I think anyone who has one of Shock's sigs, because he uploaded too many sigs, has this. That's all I can think of though.

Yes, there is.

Everyone. Basically, too many people are using too many images from the same site. Thus, when a site receives too much traffic, it can get costly to keep up. So, Photobucket has limited the amount of file transfers to and from it's sites to keep costs lower.

What people with missing sigs need to do, is take the image they use as their sig, and upload it to their own Photobucket account. That way you are all not taking from one site, which someone said was probably Shock's.
I don't recall being limited as a poster, as long as I didn't try to give it to the same person twice in a short time.
You were. I think it's 10 in 24 hours. I believe that's the vbulletin standard.

You need 10 non spam posts to post a thread, usually this happens a little while after your 10th post. The details on this can be found in the rule thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back