Aren't we tired of Super Punk yet?

I think a lot of you read into things to much. A lot of you are just reiterating what Chris Jericho said in an interview. First off when it comes to the 6 moves comment WWE gives each wrestler a specific move package. They have freedom within a certain limit. They have to get each moved cleared before they can use it. If you look at matches of punk before he was in wwe you will see his vast knowledge of wrestling techniques. I find it hysterical when ppl point out ones move set when if you really take time you'll notice set moves. Now looking at punk on the whole he really maybe the best character on tv right now IMO. He went from getting the biggest face pops to extraordinary heel pops in the matter of weeks. He really is a heel that will do whatever it takes to win. Who expected Brad Maddox to screw over Ryback? Who expected the nxt guys last night? Without Punk those things don't happen there would be no need. To be honest punk is making Ryback better. Punk makes you hate him so much it actually makes Ryback look better in the ring. I do like Ryback but he can't carry a feud and they're trying to make him something inorganic.

You get kudos from me for ripping on the spinner belt.

Here's the thing, Punk is only allowed to have a strict set of moves while he's in the WWE. It's silly to criticize a pro-wrestler for lack of moves.

I think that keeping the belt on Punk is a good move while they can use his title reign to milk some of the most exciting John Cena matches we've ever seen.

Obviously he'll drop the belt soon, not soon enough for you obviously. Putting the belt on Ryback would be a mistake though, I personally think Ryback was a mistake.

If you hand us someone who, after squashing nobodies and midcarders, can only lose by fluke, there's no glory. There's no climbing of the ladder by winning at MITB or the Royal Rumble, he's just an excuse for Cena to take another loss.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

I love when Punk makes tributes to other wrestlers. He really does pay his dues.
I like when he does the headlock thing like Orton does.
I like when he does the Attitude Adjustment like Cena does.
I like the HBK elbow drop.
I like when he has his beard in tribute to Mike Knox.
I like when he sits in the ring like Undertaker does.
I like how he has the best in the world tribute to Jericho.
I like how he likes Pepsi, coke is disgusting.
I like how he carried WWECW.
I like how he is letting Paul Heyman show him how to improve on the mic.
I like how he's been champion for 365 days.
I like how he's mentioned Austin 316 times.

You know nothing Sly. I love my Super Punk.

Yeah, you can criticize Punk the same way that a lot of the IWC loves to do with Cena, HHH, Orton etc. I mean come on Punk does that awkward top rope elbow and a bunch of shitty looking muay thai kicks in every freakin match.

Ryback should of won at HIAC. It was the first time they had someone new with steam. They needed to capitalize off his momentum and see if they could create a new star... The Royal Rumble buys are always good and you add in Rock wrestling for the wwe title it will do great. Rock facing a dominant machine like Ryback for the WWE title would draw a lot of interest too. If that was Triple H who did that to Ryback IWC would of been going crazy.

But anyway Ryback, Cena, Orton, Punk all need to get out of the way because its Dolph Ziggler's time. Look at how Ziggler flops around in the ring. Every one of his matches are instant classics. :rolleyes:

Are you serious, Sly? o_O

In essence you're saying CM Punk is a terrible wrestler (as opposed to Ryback), he's uncreative and it's his fault that the ratings are dropping and that the WWE title belt is so ugly. You go on to say that Punk's promos are so bad they insult the fans' intelligence and that only small kids like him.

Wow... just wow. In what parallel universe do you watch wrestling??? :lmao:

I guess there's a chance you're just playing and trying to get a rise out of people. If so, tip of the hat. If not, well, everyone's entitled to his opinion, no matter how ridiculous. :p

Nice trolling, OP. The arguments against SuperCena are legitimate. CM PUNK, however, is entertaining. He is booked correctly, and has delivered us great matches and promos. He is a class above cena. By far.

So to answer the thread Q: No, we are not tired of SuperPunk. He's a badass motherfucker. Your "satire" of cena complainers has epically failed. Cena deserves the criticism. CM PUNK does not.

Oh man, this whole thread is hilarious. The OP is a basic troll, not as good as Cole Sprouse though. Super Punk is great! Didn't you see how fast he could unscrew the ring ropes back at TLC 2011? Godly!

Any clue why this thread is still up?

Oh how I miss these kinds of threads from Sly. Just like Cena, Sly draws the attention.

Nice trolling, OP. The arguments against SuperCena are legitimate. CM PUNK, however, is entertaining. He is booked correctly, and has delivered us great matches and promos. He is a class above cena. By far.

Then why is it that his best matches are always against Cena? Cena has had many great matches against many different people. Punk's best matches are against Cena and then there is a significant drop.

So to answer the thread Q: No, we are not tired of SuperPunk. He's a badass motherfucker. Your "satire" of cena complainers has epically failed. Cena deserves the criticism. CM PUNK does not.

Cena deserves the criticism and Punk does not because you don't like Cena and do like Punk? How about they're both good performers? It's ok to admit Cena is good too while you still worship Punk.

I love how some people have said Punk has limited moves because WWE forces him to cut back his on his moves. Have you ever considered the same is done to Cena? By the way, how many moves did Austin and Rock have in their arsenal during the attitude era? Double standard?

Oh how I miss these kinds of threads from Sly. Just like Cena, Sly draws the attention.

Every troll draws attention. Your point?

Then why is it that his best matches are always against Cena? Cena has had many great matches against many different people. Punk's best matches are against Cena and then there is a significant drop.

You mean the matches with HBK, HHH, etc? He was carried.

Cena deserves the criticism and Punk does not because you don't like Cena and do like Punk? How about they're both good performers? It's ok to admit Cena is good too while you still worship Punk.

I personally don't mind Cena most of time. Cena deserves the criticism because he has had the same character for years.

I love how some people have said Punk has limited moves because WWE forces him to cut back his on his moves. Have you ever considered the same is done to Cena? By the way, how many moves did Austin and Rock have in their arsenal during the attitude era? Double standard?

The Rock, Austin, and Punk are actually entertaining. They have dimensions to their character while Cena does not.

Are you serious, Sly? o_O

Clearly he's serious, and don't call him Shirley.

In essence you're saying CM Punk is a terrible wrestler (as opposed to Ryback), he's uncreative and it's his fault that the ratings are dropping and that the WWE title belt is so ugly. You go on to say that Punk's promos are so bad they insult the fans' intelligence and that only small kids like him.

When's the last time Punk has put on a great match without the help of a great wrestler? The feuds early in his reign (Del Rio, Ziggler) were lame, and even when he had good feuds with the likes of Jericho and Daniel Bryan, he was consistently over shadowed by better matches (Triple H vs. Taker at Mania, Sheamus vs. Bryan and Cena vs. Lesnar at Extreme Rules, etc.). Punk's promos are the same week in and week out. It's time for a change. Ryback is that change.

You want to talk about legitimate? Let's talk about how Cena legitimately has had more great matches in his career than CM Punk. Let's talk about how Cena has legitimately held more titles and had longer reigns than CM Punk. Let's talk about how Cena has legitimately drawn more money for the WWE than CM Punk has ever dreamed of.

You are legitimately a moron.

Your "badass motherfucker" can't get a clean win to save his life. He sneaked away with the title at Night of Champions and then got lucky when Ryback was screwed at Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series. He's hardly bad ass... he's bland. Sneaking away with the title every time is the same boring shit we've been fed since the 70s. It would be one thing if he was a strong heel, but he's not, he's a wimp that gets wins because he's lucky. That's why John Cena is a great champ: he actually beat his competition, and he drew tons of money in the process. What has Punk done? Put on a few good showings, grabbed a few cheap wins, and given losers like you that know nothing about wrestling something to touch yourself too.

You mean the matches with HBK, HHH, etc? He was carried.

And Umaga. And Edge. And Orton. And JBL. And Batista. And Rock. Cena was just carried every single time, right?:rolleyes: Neither HBK or HHH carried Cena.

I personally don't mind Cena most of time. Cena deserves the criticism because he has had the same character for years.

Why should he change? It's a character that works.

The Rock, Austin, and Punk are actually entertaining. They have dimensions to their character while Cena does not.

Please elaborate.

I love when Punk makes tributes to other wrestlers. He really does pay his dues.
I like when he does the headlock thing like Orton does.
I like when he does the Attitude Adjustment like Cena does.
I like the HBK elbow drop.
I like when he has his beard in tribute to Mike Knox.
I like when he sits in the ring like Undertaker does.
I like how he has the best in the world tribute to Jericho.
I like how he likes Pepsi, coke is disgusting.
I like how he carried WWECW.
I like how he is letting Paul Heyman show him how to improve on the mic.
I like how he's been champion for 365 days.
I like how he's mentioned Austin 316 times.

You know nothing Sly. I love my Super Punk.

Let's get something straight....the elbow drop is a tribute to the master of the elbow drop...Macho Man Randy Savage NOT HBK. Hence why he does the double hand raise before hitting it.

As for the rest of you that are in a hurry to defend Punk. Clearly you have missed the point of the thread and clearly you haven't been around very long. Sly has made fools out of alot of posters on this forum, even me at times. Anyways, I do somewhat agree and wouldn't mind seeing someone else as WWE champion. The only thing question is who? Someone on my Twitter feed congratulated Punk on his year long reign and said it was a great feat no matter what era we are in. I responded with "All due respect, but there are less viable options as compared to some other eras." Right now there are very few others that could occupy that top spot right now. Cena being one of them.

I'm not a complete Cena fanboy or Punk fan or hater of either of them. However, when I put my "mark" tendancies aside during a match like last night, I can honestly say I was hoping either Cena or Ryback would walk out as champ. I knew it was a very remote possibility, but the fan in me was interested in seeing things go in the unexpected direction. I know it would have pissed alot of you guys off, but it would have made me want to tune into Raw even more just to see where they were going to go.

Been waitin for a thread like this.

Im so sick of CM Punk. Hes not entertaining at all. Ill Put this in a list with examples so CM Punk blowers dont cant complain

!. He Says the same crap every week all the time.
Every week he comes out and says "I am still your reigning WWE Champion for who gives a shit many days. You all doubt and boo me because you cant stand the fact that im still wwe champion. IM THE BEST IN THE WORLD EVEN THOUGH I CANT BEAT RANDY ORTON!!" He cant win a match without anyone interfering to help him by beating up the other person. EXAMPLE: John Cena who doesnt want to wrestle past his 9 favorite moves beat him last week one on one because no1 beat him up. When hes talking to AJ "You hate me because i rejected your proposal and now your taking it out me. Why dont you tell every1 how i was the best in the world?" "Vince McMahon is just pissed at me because i gave him the beating of his life" STFU last time i checked he beat the fuck out of you till you were on your knees begging for mercy.

2. Hes Not fit champion. This is mainly where everything fits

Since he came in ECW hes been good as a mid card guy. I cant remember anything about his career that sticks out. He is so boring. Things i know about his career that are big. He Never beat randy orton. Spilled soda. Talking at the top of the stage. Leaving with the title.... Nothing else. Since he became champion iv completely zoned out on the title picture and wwe all together. Hes a mid card guy running around bragging about being champion in a scripted wrestling show. He is teriible as heel. Dont anyone try to tell me that when he was trying to turn heel he had to try his fucking hardest to and he still gets cheered. People started booing him because the canadians did it and their the nicest people so they thought we must hate his. He does the same moves all the time. Elbow drop, high knee. head kick, gts, anaconda vice, axe hammer. Six moves, count them SIX MOVES and you people complain about Cenas 8 or 9 moves. People say "Oh hes so great got the mic let me hear another pipe bomb." Anyone else notice how much he stumbles and stutters now? If cant beat AJ Syles in the indies but he goes on twitter and talks trash about him just because hes in wwe and AJs in TNA. Hes still better.

Because hes champion the Championship has been completely irrelevent. Especially since they added AJ into the Punk Bryant fued which sucked to begin with. All he has the right to do is brag about how many days hes been champion because he hasnt succesfully defend by himself since Jericho and Bryant because they didnt want to push Jericho and Bryant is a nobody.

I know people hate it but the only sensibly thing to do is give it back to Cena. At least he has the popularity, and skills to hold the title at least untill they bring up another top card like Orton, or create another Edge, because right now i dont see anyone else fit to hold the title.

How is it CM Punk gets to win every title match he's in? It's the same thing all the time, where Punk looks like he is about to lose, and then somehow leaves with the title. Punk only has like 6 moves anyway. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing Super Punk hold the title for forever. Not to mention, he keeps carrying around that stupid spinner belt.

I hope Super Punk loses the title soon. Maybe he can lose it to a good wrestler like Ryback, someone who actually looks legitimate in the ring and not some phony. Maybe Ryback can be Punk's kryptonite lol. And then Ryback can come out on Raw the next night, talk about how Super Punk's belt is such a kiddy toy, and bring back a title with prestige, like the Attitude Era belt.

It's time the WWE kills Super Punk. We're all sick of him, the ratings keep getting worse and PPV buys keep going down. Punk only knows 6 moves, and he keeps saying the same things over and over on the mic, things which make intelligent fans roll their eyes. Only little kids actually boo him like he's supposed to be booed. He's obviously doing a terrible job as a heel.

I say we start a petition to get the WWE to quit shoving Super Punk down our throats. Who is with me?

The amount of ignorance in this post is beyond belief. Punk isn't being booked as a superman of any sort. It hasn't been like Cena's superman run that would see him get the crap beat out of him and then magicly come back as if nothing has happen and pull out clean wins every damn match.

While you might have some arguement with his matches as a face that's pretty much how it goes for most faces, and is something the entire wrestling business needs to work on, but as a heel we've seen him beat Ryback with help from a ref, seen him "draw" with Cena, as well as a DQ finish with Cena. Realisticly no Punk title match since turning heel has ended in anything like what you described. He hasn't been booked anything like a superman.

All that said I will agree I feel his run is coming to a close, and most likely will end against The Rock at the rumble, which I would be fine with. Punks run has been refreshing as it's the first long title run in which the champion has actually evolved his character and transition from face to hell and it's been a complete breathe of fresh air in the WWE.

This has to be the most idiotic post I've ever seen, six moves such as:
Vertical suplex
Soccer ball kick
Roundhouse kick
Enzigiri
GTS
Anaconda Vice
German suplex
Elbow drop
Elbow attacks
Slaps
Knife edge chop
Cross body
Cross chop
Various other submission holds
Running high knee & bulldog
Tiger bomb
Neckbreaker
Back spin kick
DDT
Side suplex
Superplex
Arm trap neckbreaker
Clothesline
Springboard clothesline
Suicide dive
Arm trap elbow strikes
Knee drop
Need I say more?
His most boring promo is better than Ryback's in-ring talent, here are Ryback's moves:
Clothesline
Thesz press & head slams
Big boot
Shellshock
Various slams
If your definition of "wrestling" is this amazing variety, then Ryback is great. If it's the real definition, then he's horrible.

See how u put rybaks moves as "Various slams" but u list all of punks elbows, kicks, chops and all around common moves that every damn wrestler uses. Everyone knows every wrestler has more than the 5 or 6 moves moves they complain about because its common knowledge, we're talking about the moves they use all the damn time, and when was the last time you saw punk do any of those moves? that arent wat people listed as his 6?

How is it CM Punk gets to win every title match he's in? It's the same thing all the time, where Punk looks like he is about to lose, and then somehow leaves with the title. Punk only has like 6 moves anyway. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing Super Punk hold the title for forever. Not to mention, he keeps carrying around that stupid spinner belt.

I hope Super Punk loses the title soon. Maybe he can lose it to a good wrestler like Ryback, someone who actually looks legitimate in the ring and not some phony. Maybe Ryback can be Punk's kryptonite lol. And then Ryback can come out on Raw the next night, talk about how Super Punk's belt is such a kiddy toy, and bring back a title with prestige, like the Attitude Era belt.

It's time the WWE kills Super Punk. We're all sick of him, the ratings keep getting worse and PPV buys keep going down. Punk only knows 6 moves, and he keeps saying the same things over and over on the mic, things which make intelligent fans roll their eyes. Only little kids actually boo him like he's supposed to be booed. He's obviously doing a terrible job as a heel.

I say we start a petition to get the WWE to quit shoving Super Punk down our throats. Who is with me?

Super Punk? Are you serious? Since the minute he turned heel Punk has been booked like a complete weakling, he's become another stereotypical WWE chickensh!t heel who can't win a match clean. Punk has been booked to look absolutely pitiful.

And Punk is doing a terrible job as a heel because the vast majority of fans respect him too much to boo him. He's the best wrestler, best talker, most charismatic, and all-around best performer currently active in any promotion in the world. Punk SHOULD be the #1 face in the company, but Vince's obsession with John Cena and now Ryback won't allow him to give Punk the push he deserves, so being a heel is the only way for Punk to secure his spot at the top of the card.

Am I the only one noticing how many people are whining about Punk only winning matches because of interference? Two things here guys.

1. Wrestling is fake, scripted or pre-determined. However you want to word it. Who cares if he wins clean, with help, cheating or in any other form.
2. He's also a heel. And recently a cowardly heel at that. Go figure! Cowards getting help to win, I can't believe it!! Seems like the sudden wave of "cool" heels has people forgetting. lul

your argument is invalid my friend, the reason Punk isn't booed by some of the fans is because they have respect for the man as a performer. Kinda like how it was for Flair. as for him being stale and repetitive, he continues to create interest in the fans due to his creativity and ableness to adapt the role he is given. The man is good at his job, which is why he has been champion for 366 days.

Ryback knows lots of moves. You guys forgot:

1. arm drag
2. arm bar
3. moss-covered three-handled family gredunzle
4. arm-bar
5. saskatchewan spinning nerve hold
8. armbar
9. shooting star staple super press
712. ARMbar
713. hmmusppemmhma
714. the canadian ______
723. super blizzard

So don't come in here talking about movesets. If Ryback's opponents could survive more than 6 moves, he'd use more of them.

Prizes go to Rayne for most accurate impersonation and to IrishCandian25 for least imaginative use of a fifteen year old - yet admittedly funny - Chris Jericho promo. Everyone else should be ashamed.

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the original post was, except perhaps to get people to go "Are you serious!?" when he clearly wasn't. I seem to recall almost this exact thread from Sly a year or so ago, except it was Orton (if I recall correctly) in place of Punk. I suppose reignition of arguments which are now seven years old is reason enough. Seven years, no progress.

Am I the only one who acctualy gets the point of Slyfox post?

It's not about Punk, it's not about SuperCena or anything, it's about IWC who is always complaining to whatever WWE serves them. :rolleyes: Nothing is good for IWC. Cena was over as Hell, now he is boring, boo him, Orton was over as heel but people cheered him and now he is face, ergo, he is boring now, Punk is internet darling everybody loves him, bam, now he is boring, his title reign sucks and he should step up for Ryback or Ziggler. Slyfox just pointed out that for IWC nothing is good.

He is right and Kudos for that.

Most of you are ridiculous. Listen Punk is one of the best talents they have. Years ago it was IWC complaining for Punk to be in the main event and EVERYONE liked Punk when he dropped the pipe bomb. So now that he decided to turn heel (a smart move because he is a great heel and there is no competition for heels right now) he had to remain winning matches in order for him to keep the championship at RR and face Rock. He has to get help in his matches because they can't have a heel cleanly beat their faces repeatedly, that is common sense. So I have no clue if most of you have just started watching WWE but it is common sense. Punk has flaws but who can compete with him? Bryan is just as good a wrestler maybe better to some but his mic work isn't like Punks. Cena isn't as good a wrestler, Ryback isn't near Punk in mic skills or wrestling, Orton isn't near Punk in mic skills or wrestling, and Ziggler (who I think is a great talent) isn't quite on Punks level yet although is getting there. The point is WWE has lots of great talent but when it comes down to it Punk is one of the best, now WWE sees that and they capitalize on it with a fresh story line of a heel always winning and keeping his WWE championship for over a year.

Am I the only one who acctualy gets the point of Slyfox post?

It's not about Punk, it's not about SuperCena or anything, it's about IWC who is always complaining to whatever WWE serves them. :rolleyes: Nothing is good for IWC. Cena was over as Hell, now he is boring, boo him, Orton was over as heel but people cheered him and now he is face, ergo, he is boring now, Punk is internet darling everybody loves him, bam, now he is boring, his title reign sucks and he should step up for Ryback or Ziggler. Slyfox just pointed out that for IWC nothing is good.

He is right and Kudos for that.

People started hating CM Punk because WWE turned him into a corny face after Summerlslam 2011. People started booing Cena when he stopped doing what people liked about him in the first place his "Thugonomics" character. People liked heel Orton but WWE had to turn him into a boring face with limited mic-skills so people started hating him.

People start hating a certain wrestler because WWE changes what they liked about them in the first place.

Punk is the greatest heel in WWE today. He is a MUCH better wrestler than Cena, and he is clearly better on the stick.

It is YOU fans that have ruined wrestling. You want a title change every 2 months which is why NONE of the titles mean a damn thing anymore. Did you see the list last night of longest champs? They dont do it anymore like they once did. Back in the 80's it seemed like everyone had the belt for at least 6 months. That was back when the titles meant something right?

Go ahead, have a different champ every 2 weeks. Edge is like a 20 time champ..Orton has had it 400 times..Cena another 600 times. These guys have had the belt 3 times the amount of guys like Hogan, Savage, Austin, Taker .. Its pathetic and its the maroons like you that cry that you want a new champ. Why do you think the Goldberg title win was so awesome? It was because Hogan always had the damn belt so the fans wanted him to lose SO bad.

Punk has that going on right now. But yeah, you are right, lets just change the hands of the title every other ppv.

This thread has made me lose all faith in the IWC. When did it become so filled with Cena Fanatics and 12 year olds?

I liked it better when we bitched about how the Attitude Era was gone. Not how bad CM Punk is...

Which he's not. He's the best actual wrestler on the roster, next to Daniel Bryan. And it is because they are actual wrestlers.

Get outta here ya 12 year old Cena and Kofi and Ryback and Shockmaster and Doink the Clown fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back