• Falls Count Anywhere

• Steel Cage Match

• Lumberjack Match

• Hell In A Cell

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On last night's commercial free episode of SmackDown!, Ryback interrupted CM Punk in the middle of his promo and stated that he's getting a title match against Punk on the first Raw of 2013.

Now the match hasn't been made "official", but that's just a formality. In the statement Vince put out concerning CM Punk's injury & subsequent removal from the TLC card, it was said that Ryback deserved a WWE Championship match and would get one in the near future.

Even though he's walking around on crutches, word is that Punk's knee is fantastic and that he actually wanted to somehow compete at TLC. WWE obviously wanted to make sure he's had time enough to heal because they're hoping he can help them deliver big paydays for both the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

The first Raw of the year takes place on January 7th and WWE usually tries to do a lot for their first of the year show. While I doubt that this will happen, I hope that the match is some sort of gimmick match. Ryback isn't going to win the title, at least I don't think so, so a gimmick match gives him a way out.

Would you rather it be a straight, one on one match or some sort of specialty?

I would be fine with an one-one match, but booking wise a gimmick match would be better to protect Ryback and to end the rivalry. Probably a tables match in the work for instance, CM Punk wins with some sort of heelish way and he moves on to the Rock. This match should have been postponed to after WrestleMania, because it's so predictable that it hurts to watch it.

They are trying to make the first Raw from 2013 special so they make a WWE Championship Match. I don't know if The Rock is scheduled to appear, but I don't believe that so The Shield will end up costing Ryback's opportunity and the monster gets his revenge on them at the Royal Rumble.

To be honest, the stipulation does not matter. The Shield will come and ruin the match anyways. However, in the perfect world the match would go on without any interference from those death-deserving bastards. In that scenario, I would want to see a Last Man Standing match.

I'd be fine with a straight 1v1, but I voted cage match. First Raw of the new year, you want to have a nice main event. I think it will still allow Ryback to be Ryback, and Punk can still steal a win by sneaking out of the cage. Plus it will allow for a big spot or two, but won't be as demanding on the returning Punk as a TLC match.

I would put them in a TLC match. We were originally promised CM Punk VS Ryback for the WWE Championship in a TLC match at the TLC PPV event before CM Punk was taken off the card. Granted the Team Hell No & Ryback VS The Shield match was great, but I still would have wanted to see the WWE Championship match originally promised under TLC rules. Even though the two had been feuding for a couple of months by that point, I still was genuinely looking forward to the match. I love the TLC match type and want to see it still take place despite having just seen the PPV of the same name.

WWE likes to keep gimmicks at respective their PPV event for the most part, but this is different. It is a match we were supposed to get but we missed out on. They should provide the fans with that match if Punk will indeed be defending his title against Ryback on the first Raw of 2013. A Tables, Chairs, or a Ladder match would also all suffice but each of those gimmicks on their own pale in comparison to the TLC match type. Steel Cage wouldn't interest me as they faced each other in Hell In a Cell. Last Man Standing is a possibility although it doesn't catch my attention quite like a TLC match would at the moment. Lumberjack match is also a type that has good odds of being shown, it is what we will probably be getting.

I just hope it's not a traditional singles match, we have seen these guys face each other enough times now that it needs some type of gimmick in order to remain interesting. Regardless of what gimmick it ends up being, CM Punk will be retaining and moves on to face The Rock at the Royal Rumble while Ryback will move on to some other feud which he will need to win in order to gain momentum to head back into the world title scene. Ryback will NOT be winning. There's absolutely no way that WWE would think Ryback VS The Rock is a better option an CM Punk VS The Rock. None.

I would be fine with an one-one match, but booking wise a gimmick match would be better to protect Ryback and to end the rivalry.

Agreed. Remember that the two would have faced off already had it not been for Punk's injury....and we still don't know what the company has in mind for the conclusion of this program. Presumably, the feud started in the first place because of a Cena injury that brought Ryback into the title picture.

Seemingly, if WWE wants Ryback and Punk to keep meeting for the title, they're going to probably have Ryback win it sooner or later; otherwise, what's the sense of continuing this? Yes, a stipulation match could protect Ryback's invincibility while keeping the belt around Punk's waist, but it would be interesting to know what the company is planning for Ryback in the long-term. I believe they've kept matters going between the two because Ryback has performed better than expected. On the other hand, I was reading something the other day about Vince McMahon being concerned about the tepid reaction the big guy got at the latest PPV.....so, who knows?

If the Raw last Monday truly did get nine re-writes the week before the program aired, it's possible WWE hasn't made any decisions at all about Ryback and a title reign, preferring to make changes as they go and delay the decision.

As to the match stipulation (if there is to be one), everyone seems to be voting for tables, ladders and chairs (oh, my!).....but since they just did an entire PPV revolving around that, maybe they'll try something else. Maybe a Texas Bull-Rope match so Punk can't run. Then again, if he can't run, how's he supposed to beat Ryback?

Either way, I think it's time to shit or get off the pot, in regard to Ryback.

They can't. They've already booked themselves into a corner by pushing him into the main event when they had Rock/Punk at the RR booked months ago. Now they have a potential superstar who's way over, and they're going to have him fluttering like a fart in the wind during the Road to WM29 because all the other big stars are booked. Between Rock, Cena, Punk, Taker and Lesnar, where would Ryback fit in? There's already reports of the WHC being between heel Orton and Sheamus, so he can't go there. Either they build up a feud where he finally destroys The Shield at WM29, or there's an off chance he could face Lesnar.

Either way, this match should not happen. Whatsoever. Have The Shield "injure" him earlier in the night or something. Of course then you rob the audience, so maybe the week prior they injure him. The fact is they're continually booking a monster to lose every major match. Unless they want Big Show 2.0, they need to do something about this. It doesn't matter if he keeps getting screwed and isn't losing clean. It gets old. It's already gotten repetitive. And after a while, people stop caring.

Welp, I don't know about you guys, but I will be there!

I expect plenty of shenanigans, and run ins. Most of all a successful title defense by the Best In The World.

I also expect an unexpected appearance by whomever WWE wants to pit Ryback with next to set up for Ryback's Royal Rumble match. Perhaps Antonio Cesaro will want to get even with Ryback, and it sets up an alliance with Punk? Could be intriguing if Punk still denies his involvement with The Shield, but did confirm his alliance with Cesaro. Or perhaps a return of a formidable opponent for Ryback like Mark Henry? Just for the simple reason that Mark Henry just doesn't like Ryback.

I'm leaning towards The Shield being prevented by Team Hell No and company from screwing Ryback, and have Antonio Cesaro come from out of nowhere to screw Ryback instead, leading to a US title match between the two at the Royal Rumble. The fantasy booker in me would want to see Kassius Ohno then screw Ryback out of the US title, thus joining Heyman and Punk's alliance, but that more than likely wouldn't happen.

So, my final predictions:

CM Punk retains thanks to Antonio Cesaro's interference.
Then, at the Royal Rumble: CM Punk vs. The Rock (WWE title), Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro (US Title)

I'll leave my predictions for whomever will win those matches as soon as the Royal Rumble threads of their matches are made. :)

I agree with Dagger Dias about the TLC match. According to the main page, a stipulation has been announced. As much as I'm tempted, I've resisted reading the spoilers for the taping of the Christmas Eve episode of Raw. I didn't know about that when I'd made the post so if you have read the spoilers, please don't post them.

But we were originally going to get a TLC match and I'd like to see that happen. Off the top of my head, that's one gimmick match on Raw that I don't think we've seen. I'd personally be fine with any of them, even a straight 1 on 1 match, but I'd get a kick if it was a TLC match. The novelty of that match on free tv has a very fresh feel to it.

On one hand, I kind of agree with Sally's comment about WWE needing to shit or get off the pot when it comes to Ryback. At the same time though, Punk is the bigger star right now and a match featuring him against The Rock is going to be a big draw for the Royal Rumble. Even though Ryback's popularity is growing, he's not shown to be a stable draw. And frankly, with Ryback's character currently on the level it's at, I don't see a feud with The Rock being all that entertaining. Ryback is pretty solid on the mic when you consider the ins & outs of his character but he can't come close to holding his own during the build up with The Rock at this time. I think the match would be pretty good but, let's face it, Punk vs. Rock simply sounds far more appealing to most people.

At this time, CM Punk or The Rock heading into WM season as WWE Champion is probably going to be a bigger draw than Ryback. He's come a good way in the past several months, but he's not "there" yet in my eyes. Let's say they give the title to Ryback and he faces Rock at RR. If Rock is scheduled to win at the RR, then putting the title on Ryback will do FAR more harm than good. The past few months, Ryback has been protected and protected extremely well. However, if he were to face The Rock at the RR and lost, he'd lose clean and I think that would hurt Ryback more than anything. I know The Rock is The Rock but giving Ryback a 3 week title run only to take it off him won't help. He'll just be looked at as a lame duck champion whose run was essentially over with before it began.

WWE can still easily protect Ryback while making him look like a beast just as they've been doing the past few months. Punk goes onto face The Rock and, whomever wins or loses, Ryback still has his credibility in tact and can be a top challenger at a little bit later when he's already firmly established. Going in WM season, the WWE wants top guys that have proven to be able to draw money in the long run in the top spots. Ryback's not there yet.

I'm fine with it being a TLC match. It fits since Ryback couldn't face Punk at TLC. I hope it will be entertaining. I wonder what Ryback can do in such matches. I'm not too high on him being in a gimmick match since he just runs over people. And if he dominates punk the entire match that could become a drag. But I'm curious and want to see it.

Best case scenario in my mind would be a Steel cage match. It has the barbaric feel a feud blow-off should have while at same time actually being a safe basic match. Storyline wise say its in a cage to keep them in and Heyman and The Shield out. Match finish is stolen from the Austin-McMahon cage match. Have Ryback throw Punk into the cage and have it open from the "force" of Ryback's strength. That way Ryback ends up still incredibly strong yet Punk maintains the title.

They definatly need something creative here to the keep the title around Punk. A Shield run in is way to predictable. If WWE had a logical brain they would order The Shield and or Brad Maddox not to interfere. Can't see Vikkie ordering The Shield not to interfere but Vince or Triple H could.

It's a tough one, like someone else said Ryback can't keep losing his big matches. What's good about this is it's difficult to predict just how the match unfolds. Will be dissapointed if they go the route of The Shield costing Ryback the Title again.

Exactly, sooner or later he has to win and win big. If he keeps eating losses eventually fans are gonna get sick of him. Feed me more will get met with "Go to the soup kitchen, you bum!"

I like mooseman's idea the best. You just know in any other stipulation that The Shield is gonna interfere but in a Steel Cage match with that finish it's unlikely we'll see it, so I'd prefer to see that cause it throws the predictability and the whining & bitching from the IWC for them interfering out of the window. Plus I love Steel Cage matches with that finish, I can just imagine Ryback going for a Spear and he tackles him so hard against the cage wall that the wall breaks down and Punk goes flying out onto the floor or Ryback picking up Punk in a military press and throwing him so hard against the cage wall like he did Brad Maddox at Hell in a Cell and the wall breaks down and Punk goes flying out for the win. We could finally get a good match between the two without any interference or any bullshit involved in the outcome of the match. And like Yazloz said, it wouldn't be too demanding on Punk just coming back from an injury.

Off the top of my head, that's one gimmick match on Raw that I don't think we've seen.

Edge faced Ric Flair in a TLC match for the WWE Championship on the first RAW of 2007.

Well i was unaware of a taping where the stip was mentioned so i wont read it! Anyway I voted in the complete minority! A falls count anywhere match. Those matches are my most favorite. All kinds of weapons are used in those matches pinfalls can happen well anywhere.

And anything can happen in those matches your not limited to cages or even TLC matches! But i expect punk to go over in this match by hook or crook he will retain. Funny mustang Sally said its time to shit or get off the pot in regards to Ryback. I couldnt agree more.

Ryback is getting rather stale limited in ring skills and even further mic skills! But i still cant wait to see this match

I picked a tables match. They could finish like Sheamus and Cena's tables match. Punk could win without interference on Ryback falling through the table on a fluke. After that Ryback could destroy Punk still looking strong. Honestly though I think these finishes are getting stale between Ryback and Punk. I think they need to do something different here, and I liked the idea mooseman had in having a cage match and Ryback throwing Punk through the cage. It would be a different way of keeping the title on Punk. In the end I think we will just see The Shield cost Ryback the match again.

I really dont see the point in this match. Punk vs Rock is basically set in stone, so we all know Ryback cant win. For someone Vince clearly likes, they arent booking him very well. Since his rise to the top, he has lost every single PPV match he has been in. He looks good, but surely now its better for him to move onto a feud with someone else, a person he can actually beat, rather than lose another meaningless match to punk. All I can see coming out of this is a continuation of his feud with the Shield. But again, he cant really beat them without making them look incredibly weak, something which VKM will also want to avoid.

Meh, the only reason Ryback is getting pushed the moon is cos he's a hoss, the kind of wrestler who knows 2 moves, has very poor mic skills, and gets over by giving Vince a hard on when he's out there squashing jobbers and making himself look hard.

Cage match please. Punk always puts on great cage matches and Ryback can do enough damage in there that he won't look bad when he loses, again. I like Ryback but Punk has to win this, I'm sure the Shield and Maddux will play a role also. This match will be the first time I've been excited for Raw in a while though

I would hope that us CM Punk fans, finally get to see him defeat Ryback, and be the first person to defeat him by submission or pinfall in a singles match. It's clear to see and know that Ryback won't face The Rock at The Royal Rumble. CM Punk needs to go into the same match, looking strong.

Well with CM Punk vs The Rock set in stone for Royal Rumble for the WWE Championship, it makes zero sense for Ryback to defeat Punk for the belt, so the match itself will not matter. I voted TLC match as this way, as The Rock is advertised for Raw the same night. Fair to say he wuill have some form of involvement in the match, and I have never seen a TLC match end in a DQ finish, thus Rock can interfere, hell even take Punk out, thus giving Ryback the win via DQ, Punk keeps the belt.
On the flipside, I read that WWE are keeping Punk from performing until the Royal Rumble itself, so is Punk gonig to be 100% to wrestle on Jan 7th????
Maybe a swerve, maybe whomever Ryback is going to be feuding with in 2013 could interfere and start their program.
All I know is, CM Punk will leave raw on Jan 7th as WWE CHA,PION, so with this being obvious, Vince must have a plan set to progrss Punk/Rock, and Ryback/whomever he will be feuding

I think this will open the episode of Raw. The Shield attacks Ryback through his entrance for the 'injustice' that is Punk defending his title while injured. Rock will make the save setting up The Shield vs Ryback/The Rock in a 3 on 2 handicap match on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back