Aren't we tired of Super Punk yet?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
How is it CM Punk gets to win every title match he's in? It's the same thing all the time, where Punk looks like he is about to lose, and then somehow leaves with the title. Punk only has like 6 moves anyway. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing Super Punk hold the title for forever. Not to mention, he keeps carrying around that stupid spinner belt.

I hope Super Punk loses the title soon. Maybe he can lose it to a good wrestler like Ryback, someone who actually looks legitimate in the ring and not some phony. Maybe Ryback can be Punk's kryptonite lol. And then Ryback can come out on Raw the next night, talk about how Super Punk's belt is such a kiddy toy, and bring back a title with prestige, like the Attitude Era belt.

It's time the WWE kills Super Punk. We're all sick of him, the ratings keep getting worse and PPV buys keep going down. Punk only knows 6 moves, and he keeps saying the same things over and over on the mic, things which make intelligent fans roll their eyes. Only little kids actually boo him like he's supposed to be booed. He's obviously doing a terrible job as a heel.

I say we start a petition to get the WWE to quit shoving Super Punk down our throats. Who is with me?

How clever. Problem with your comparison is that the bulk of fans actually like Punk, and since he's not so protected and cushioned that he has to remain face, he can keep himself fresh. Punk has potential to remain interesting and spike interest, whereas the man you're clearly comparing him to had no means of doing that.

So well done for trying to stick it to the fans who don't like Cena and enjoy Punk, but your 'clever' wordplay is silly and irrelevant. Punk in the eyes of the fans is a far greater champion than Cena was.

How clever. Problem with your comparison is that the bulk of fans actually like Punk, and since he's not so protected and cushioned that he has to remain face, he can keep himself fresh. Punk has potential to remain interesting and spike interest, whereas the man you're clearly comparing him to had no means of doing that.

Are you actually saying that majority of fans don't like Cena? Then you are truly a product of the internet bullshit. If you think Cena is not over with the majority of the fans then you are truly an idiot smark. He just might be the biggest and most popular superstar since Hulk Hogan, the Rock, and Stone Cold.

So well done for trying to stick it to the fans who don't like Cena and enjoy Punk, but your 'clever' wordplay is silly and irrelevant. Punk in the eyes of the fans is a far greater champion than Cena was.

Personally, I thought he was brilliant.

Ridiculous.

You say Punk knows 6 moves? Yet in your deluded scenario, you want Ryback!? Who's arsenal consists of a clothesline and the worst finisher ever (aside from Masterlock. That really sucked!)

Continuing with your scenario, you want Ryback to come out and talk on Raw. What is it you're hoping for him to say exactly? 'Feed. Me. More'

He isn't ready for the title and personally I'm not a fan so it wouldn't bother me if he never won it. Obviously he will somewhere down the line though. I don't think he should be anywhere near the main event right now. You don't go from Jinder Mahal, to a pointless 2 week angle with the Miz, to the main event in that period of time. The guy isn't Brock Lesnar and in terms of where Brock was with his development after the same period of time, he doesn't even come close.

Furthermore, he isn't going to win the title cos what would be the point of the whole Rock/Punk business earlier in the year. If Rocks getting a title shot, it isn't going to be against Ryback. Someone who he has no history with and definitely can't verbally spar with.

What I would like to happen is Punk face Foley at TLC but I don't think it will. Apparently they're discussing this triple threat rematch at TLC. If that is the case, I'd like Cena (believe me if there was another way, I wouldn't choose Cena being champion) to win at TLC. Face Rock at rumble on the inevitable rematch that will happen at some point. Have Rock win if possible for his schedule to allow it. Have Punk attack someone and take their place in the rumble after losing the title. Win the rumble. Go Mania and face Rock. Where he will win it back.

Punks a great champion. Think before you come out with such ridiculousness.

The other night I went to see a James Bond movie out of habit. There was this great villian who was fuckin' awesome. He said and did lots of cool things. But of course in the end after taking the most vicious beating imaginable Bond comes out on top and buries the villian. I don't know about you guys but this has just gotten stale and unrealistic to me. I don't care how much money the Bond character makes for the movie company, it is the same unrealistic shit over and over again. Isn't time to give someone else a chance? Bond sucks, Javier Bardem's character was awesome. All Bond does is like three moves and shoots guns. Bardem was like using computer stuff and isn't a stupid pretty boy. He toally should have come out on top.

Super Punk is the same way. How long do we have to wait and how many PPV main events do we have to sit through before someone else gets a chance? He must spend sooooo much time kissing Vince's ass. I respect Phil the person (actually I'm not sure I do), but isn't it time for a real wrestler like Daniel Bryan to be champion instead of some Bruce Lee wannabe who apparently has a lot of easily corruptible friends and a muumuu tattoo?

By the way, I give Skyfall 14 out of 327 stars. Sure I enjoyed the first 98% but I can't be expected to remember that and since what I wanted to happen in the end didn't happen.

Super Punk has got to go, lolz. it's the same thing every night, you know he's gonna win. LOL, he can't even win a match without help these days!!!1! the only way he got his belt was by kissing vince's ass. wasn't the wwf (F, not e, lolz stupid pandas) better when guys like austin were the champ? he trash talks super punk on twitter, even steve austin thinks he sux!

kofi kingston would be a great world champion, he could have a bit where him and dolph have a briefcase on a pole match so he gets it, beats the rock, and headlines wrestlemania! much better then super punk winning every match imo

If you listen closely, you'll hear a whistling sound.

Gosh, Sly, you're totally missing the point! It's OK to have Super Punk never lose because after all, he is an Internet darling. Now if the vocal minority were to start to boo him, or to suggest he sucks, now that would be a different matter. After all, the rules don't apply to everyone equally. But as long as the IWC is happy, I say let Super Punk run rampant for as long as possible. After all, at least he knows more than five moves, right?

On a totally unrelated topic, is trolling still against the rules on the forums? Just wondering.

How is it CM Punk gets to win every title match he's in? It's the same thing all the time, where Punk looks like he is about to lose, and then somehow leaves with the title. Punk only has like 6 moves anyway. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing Super Punk hold the title for forever. Not to mention, he keeps carrying around that stupid spinner belt.

I hope Super Punk loses the title soon. Maybe he can lose it to a good wrestler like Ryback, someone who actually looks legitimate in the ring and not some phony. Maybe Ryback can be Punk's kryptonite lol. And then Ryback can come out on Raw the next night, talk about how Super Punk's belt is such a kiddy toy, and bring back a title with prestige, like the Attitude Era belt.

It's time the WWE kills Super Punk. We're all sick of him, the ratings keep getting worse and PPV buys keep going down. Punk only knows 6 moves, and he keeps saying the same things over and over on the mic, things which make intelligent fans roll their eyes. Only little kids actually boo him like he's supposed to be booed. He's obviously doing a terrible job as a heel.

I say we start a petition to get the WWE to quit shoving Super Punk down our throats. Who is with me?

I actually enjoy punk as champion makes him a better heel cuz everyone wants him to lose and he doesn't. If he is doing a terrible job why does he get booed so much. Also enjoy punk winning for a while yet he probably will not drop the title until Royal Rumble against The Rock.

I can't believe I just read that. So you're telling me that CM Punk is a phony in the ring, but some McMahon made path of jobber destruction is a real wrestler? I'm sorry that's got to be the most ill thought out sentence i've ever read. I'm not knocking Ryback, but you have got to be kidding me.

CM Punk is a classic heel, he just finds a cheap way to win. You can't tell me his title reign doesn't remind you of Triple H's reign back in 02-03. Triple H's didn't last as long but it's close to the same.

I agree it's time for CM Punk to drop the title, but not for the reasons you do. Not even close.

I can't tell if this a secret rant about John Cena or not. Maybe CM Punk, the guy with only 6 moves, can lose John Cena's spinner belt to Ryback, the gut who can actually wrestle? The irony is, the only thing keeping the title picture from becoming stale is the fact that CM Punk has held it for a year. As far as him being a terrible heel, the guy gets immense heat. Did you see RAW last week? His problem is, when the dust settles, he's so freakin entertaining that it's hard not to cheer for him. When Ryback got booed periodically last night, it had way more to do with Punk being great than Ryback not being a good face.

There are a few things wrong with your argument, although with the way you phrased it, (only has 6 moves) makes me feel like you are trolling, but if you aren't then I digress.

Punk is a fresh character, a thoroughly hate-able, despicable heel, something the WWE hasn't really had for a while. The fact that he went from more popular than Cena to getting boos is a testament to how could he is. He is also an extremely talented technical wrestler, on the opposite end of your 6 moves analogy.

As for him being super, there is a severe difference to what happened with Cena. With Cena, he would be decimated, hit with chairs, put through tables, double teamed, triple teamed yet somehow "hulk up" hit the FU/AA and either get the pin or get them to submit to the STF. Punk on the other hand is pure heel, it is shown he cannot win on his own (as of late), and the only way he manages to win is through nefarious means, outside interference, a crooked ref, etc. This is heel champion 101 at its finest, as opposed to a face who overcomes everything through determination, etc, which gets stale quickly, Punk is coming up with new ways to cheat the system and walk away with the title, the WWE is making us want to see him get beat, and now with Rollins, Ambrose & Reigns debuting and possibly aligning with Punk/Heyman, I think things are about to get a lot more interesting.

I agree that super punk SUCKS. Why does he always retain the title everytime even though he can't draw? Not even fan favourite Cena and the super hot Ryback could take it off him! WWE really missed the boat on riding Ryback for the new era to break the slump in ratings when Punk is champion compared to the attitude era! This golden child of Vince McMahon need to lose the title ASAP! They are even resorting to giving him a stable to keep heat on him ala HHH in evolution because he suck at being a heel! He was worse at being a face so they had to turn him heel because fans don't like him!

We need Ryback to win the title to spark interest in fresher talent! Why is it always same old Punk since 2008 in the main event? We need new blood!

Super Punk is the same way. How long do we have to wait and how many PPV main events do we have to sit through before someone else gets a chance?

Again with this "Super Punk" thing. You guys know why they called him SuperCena right? It wasn't a winning streak. It was his literal invulnerability. And to be fair, we waited like 9 months for WWE Champion, CM Punk to headline a PPV...so I don't know...you haven't waited through many. I also love how after Punk's face turn, his haters sat there laughing about how fast it would be before the "Interet Darlings" turned on him. Since they didn't, I guess we're now just pretending that umm...not turning on him is also bad?

Are you actually saying that majority of fans don't like Cena? Then you are truly a product of the internet bullshit. If you think Cena is not over with the majority of the fans then you are truly an idiot smark. He just might be the biggest and most popular superstar since Hulk Hogan, the Rock, and Stone Cold.

No, I didn't say that. If you want to get technical though, talk to the majority of fans who don't tune into the product anymore, and ask them how they feel about him. There are wrestling fans who don't watch the current product these days and, in my experience, they've hated Cena.

Cena is popular with the kids and a minority of older fans, I know that, but Punk was over with closer to everyone as a face. His character development is ever-evident, whereas Cena's has been killed off at every opportunity. Not Cena's fault, but it's Cena nonetheless.

Personally, I thought he was brilliant.

You're entitled to your opinion and to like whoever you please, but the fans don't lie. By NYR06 I think people would have preferred Carlito to walk out of that chamber than Cena.

I don't know what others think but yeah punk needs lose the belt real quickly.Not that i hate him or something,it's just that it does get boring.When Cena first got the title i love him,his character but at the end of 280 days,it got boring.I got relived when Edge cashed in MITB and won the title.It was indeed fresh air.Just for the sake of fresh air,i'd like him to lose it.But not Ryback,i hate his character.While almost everyone has a hard on for him,i think he won't be able to be The Guy.But Punk,please lose the belt soon.

It seems yet again another internet fan isn’t happy about something. First Cena holds the belt to long, so he hasn’t had then belt for over a year now. Then Cena never loses, huh but yet he is not champion and hasn’t beat punk. Now we are not happy with Punk. I like where Punk is he is a cocky heel and he is doing a great job. I am glad they did not give the belt to Ryback. They would just eventually fuck it up with him. Right now with Punk he is good in the ring and on the mic. And about him turning heel, well you can’t have him be face with the Rock. I know Cena did it but it was a little different. Cena was a goody two shoes when face and the Rock was the bad ass face or alt face of Cena so to say. With Punk they would both be the same type of face. Bottom line is people like to complain and bitch and think they know better. I know I do to mainly because I miss tag teams, stables, and factions. That’s my biggest problem besides Del Rio and his gimmick/character.

Sly you have made my day sir.

Maybe after Punk loses the title he can put over more deserving guys like Ziggler, Swagger, Ambrose and Rollins. Imagine having Punk immediately go into a feud with Kassius Ohno and job to him night after night. It would be the perfect feud until Ohno goes onto defeating the Undertaker at WM30 which of course he should do.

After that maybe Punk and Cena can wrestle as a tag team in opening matches until they become credible enough to be Tag Team champions only to put over a midget team of Mini Boogeyman and Hornswoggle.

No more Punk and Cena, we need more real wrestlers that do flashy moves and can't tell a story to save their life.

CM Punk is the best right now WWE Champion or not he is the best and he proves it every night he is out in the ring, Sure a lot of the fans dislike him because of his heel status but you can't disagree that he is a better pure athlete then most superstars on the WWE roster Raw and Smack Down combined.

and calling him Super Punk is just stupid yes he has been Champion for a year but this is maybe the 3rd or 4th time in A YEAR he has MAIN EVENTED the last match as Champion, Cena has main evented every PPV except Hell In A Cell as a non champion.

And to me that just shows that Vince Favors Cena every chance he gets.

I like this idea actually- however, let us note that Punk DOES in fact know 6 moves, which is one more than Cena. ;)

Nonetheless, I figured Punk would have brought back an older version of the belt by now- not Attitude Era, though- I'd prefer the Winged Eagle belt. And while Ryback looks legit in the ring, I still feel he isn't quite ready for holding a World title- let's not ruin him like we did Sheamus.

Punk's reign hasn't outstayed its welcome in my opinion, I think that the WWE have done a reasonable job of keeping it relatively fresh and interesting.

Though I appreciate the satirical point that Sly is making, I do think that to compare CM Punk to John Cena over the past year (and longer, in fairness) negates the point he's trying to make.

I should interject here by stating that I don't actively dislike Cena, I think he needs a bit of re-packaging maybe or just another string to the bow of his gimmick but he is far and away the biggest draw on the roster right now.

The reality is that Cena's character has not changed in any significant way in at least a couple of years. They've thrown doubt at him, he's been involved in storylines that usually result in a tweaking of the character (even something simple like being more agressive) but he always ends up back as a Boy Scout when all is said and done. (Then again, I'm sure a case could be made that the point of those storylines was to mock the IWC who perpetually call for a Cena heel turn. That being said if things continue to go south for the 'E I could see that happening as a hell Mary play to get viewers to tune in)

Contrast that to the past year for CM Punk, who has gone from being a HUGE face (arguably getting to compete with Cena in terms of popularity) to becoming a heel who was all about respect and bringing in Paul Heyman and now he's changed again to a malevolent scheming champion who will do what ever it takes to keep his hands on the gold. Regardless of if Punk himself is behind the attack on Ryback, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Heyman was, which could possibly not pay off until post WM (assuming Punk is facing a guy like the Rock and thus needs to be heel) when Punk inevitably parts ways with him.

I'm so sick and tired of Punk being shoved down our throats. He's a kiss-ass and needs to stop sucking up to Vince. Next thing we know, he'll probably marry another one of Vince's family members.

Punk needs to move out of the way and stop hogging the spotlight so guys like Kofi Kingston can get a chance to shine! Maybe Punk is a racist like Vince and doesn't like black people. Yeah, that MUST be why Kofi isn't world champion... or Shelton Benjamin.

I hope Super Punk loses the title soon. Maybe he can lose it to a good wrestler like Ryback, someone who actually looks legitimate in the ring and not some phony.

You killed your rep with that ridiculous statement.

Punk has one of the best understandings in the business when it comes to ring psychology. It draws the fan in, and he can make a great story come to life in the squared circle. Ryback hasn't even won the title and people are sick of him. You think putting the strap on him is going to change that?

Okay I will try this again. I think this is all a joke and Sly, D-Man, and a few others are just joking around just to show the people how they act on here.

Now to get to the thread. I think Punk is doing fine with what he is doing. I dont think Ryback or any new star shold take th title from him. If we are not going to get Punk and Austin this Mania then Punk should loose it to The Rock at the Rumble. Right now Punk is fine where he is at and the WWE title is fine where its at.

You killed your rep with that ridiculous statement.

:lmao:

You do realize who you just said that to, right?

Personally I'm enjoying Punk's reign, but I don't think that is what the thread was made to discuss. It's pointing out the hypocrisy of WWE's fans or more specifically, those based on the Internet. CM Punk has been built in the exact same fashion as John Cena, only difference is they threw a heel turn in there to shake things up. If fans hated Cena, who is easily one of the most consistent performers the company has in-ring, and his WWE Championship reign/reign's, then by virtue you should loathe CM Punk's

If you don't, your a hypocrite, cause when you break it down to its skeleton, the CM Punk year long reign is built in the same structure as John Cena's 380 day reign.

Super Punk is the same way. How long do we have to wait and how many PPV main events do we have to sit through before someone else gets a chance?

Well "someone else" is going to get a chance at the Rumble and the People's Champ will deliver and end Punk's streak with the belt.

I find it interesting that so many of the people that complained about Cena being Super Cena, somehow think it's different than what's going on with Punk right now. I don't see a difference between Punk's long reign and Cena's long reign a few years ago. Punk has jumped the shark IMO. He was great when he first won the belt as the voice of the voiceless and was great when he first turned heel but now, I've had enough. I'm a fan of Punk but I'm bored.

Time for him to go one one with the Great One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back