All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I might get alot of heat for this,but the only 2 matches I'd pay to see with the undertaker at mania are with cena or ziggler..cenas a no brainer he's the man the match would be epic..however with ziggler i'm a huge fan of him may be a bias view but if they're going to push this show off gimmick,what better way than to have him end the streak and brag about it..this will make him the true main eventer he ahould be and allow him to
be the top heel in the wwe

Also to the point stings past it the match would be a fail and leave everyone disappointed

These arent bad ideas at all, no heat on you at all. This year, it seems like it'll be Trips and Taker. For Cena to happen, it'll have to be next year. But, I dont even know how many Manias Taker has left in him. If he continues on after this year's, I see Cena as a possibility. I also like the Ziggler idea. However, that would be a year or two down the road. Who knows what his status will be in the company and WWE would really have to be committed to ziggler if he were to break the streak. I just don't see the streak ending with the opponents Taker gets for Mania

The match will never happen. I think we can safely say that.

But, if it did, it'd be a huge wrestling draw. I mean it's a dream match for every wrestling fan since Sting turned in to The Crow. I'm sure it'd draw both casual and former fans to buy it. But it's going to remain fantasy.

You guys seem to think the Taker is going to keep returning for the next two years. Ever wonder why he's not wrestled for an entire year? His body is shot. He very well might be returning to go 20-0 against HHH and then full-on retiring.

On top of that, the match would be shit between Sting and Taker. Taker's been fortunate to have worked with people who can carry somebody and make them look good these last few years. Not to discredit Taker, but HBK and HHH can have good matches with broomsticks. Have you seen Sting's recent matches? He's hardly capable of giving himself a good showing let alone making somebody else look good.

i would just love to see that match. Sting vs Taker- the name itself is enough to make someone jump out of this seat. but for a guy debuting in WWE, and whom atleast half of the people in the crowd don't recognize, the chances of sting winning would be very low. i would therefore prefer john cena as an opponent for the dead man instead.

I'm a huge Sting fan. If Sting were to make one appearance at Wrestlemania, it shouldn't be to lose. And Taker's streak should not end. Or hell even if Sting & The Undertaker teamed up together, it would have been great.

I'd love for Sting to do one Wrestlemania match & win.

I'd a massive Sting mark, but no way the guy comes in for 2-3 months so that he can lose to Taker. Plus Sting would have to be the heel in the feud, and would be treated as such by a section of the WWE audience who don't even really know who he is.

Taker shouldn't have bothered fighting this year, no-one cares about Triple H vs Taker round 3 and it's simply just a way of Triple H taking the Rock vs Steve Austin being the only guys to have main evented wrestlemania with the same match 3 times.

Taker should fight, and lose to, John Cena next year

I would have to agree with some of these people, I think that time has passed. Sorry to say but the Undertaker and HHH match wasn’t that great or the Taker and HBK II as well. Why would you have Sting beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemainia and win at Mania when he has not done anything for you company before. That’s an insult to the Undertaker for all he's done.
And on Stings side why go to a company and lose. I wouldn’t mine seeing Sting and someone else. Sting and Punk or Orton. Maybe sting could get retro and come back with blond hair and more colorful paint and face Cena.
Example Kane turns Cena Heel.
I say keep the streak and his final match is at survivor series against Ted dibiase Jr w/ his dad as manager. Since Sr was the won that "Bought" him in.

I actually think that Taker's last match should probably be a tag match of some description, the longer he goes on the less he can carry a match with just one other person. Sting & Taker v Barrett and Ziggler would be my pick for next year, both guys would get a great rub from that historic match... Taker and Sting win of course...

I'm not really a huge fan of Undertaker vs Sting happening but I can see a reason why it should happen. It all comes back to how many times Sting has beaten Hogan with Hogan never winning one match against him if you don't include that 3 count that happened at starcade 1997.
So in that regard Sting has it all over The Undertaker.
My point being if sting can be undefeated against the greatest superstar in the history of sports entertainment then he should be able to claim a spot against Undertaker and his undefeated streak at wrestlemania seeing as How Undertaker is not undefeated against Hogan.
As well as that fact there's the feeling that Sting is the biggest star never to be in wwe so the Undertaker might not even have that winning streak if sting had ever been in wwe. They've never wrestled as far as I know and I can't be fucked to go through the old wcw archives from when Undertaker was Mean Mark with his tag partner Gene or whatever so the feeling of uncertainty that Undertaker can definitely beat an unfamiliar foe could build anticipation for the match. The die hard Undertaker fans would want to see the streak continue and the lifetime sting fans would want to see sting pull off the impossible.

I know Sting had avoided WWE because he was afraid he was going to get buried like most of the WCW roster was back then. But that was over and done with a loooong time ago. I always wonder what the barriers are that keeps him from going.

I almost think Sting is holding out just so he can say he didn't cave and go.

Wrestling fans have wanted to see Sting vs. Undertaker for years

Yes, Mr. Borden apparently said that....and it's true. I blame him for it never happening, just as I blame him for choosing to stay in a second-rate organization rather than working for WWE sometime during his legendary career.

In my opinion, there's a tiny handful of wrestlers who owe it to the fans who have supported them during their careers to have performed where they'd be seen by the largest audience. In pro wrestling, that means WWE. Yes, WCW was fine too, but it's been over 10 years since they even existed......and when I say a handful of great wrestlers, you can probably augment the list with 50 guys whom you consider "great"...... but I'm talking about the legendary creme de la creme; people like Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Ric Flair......and Sting.

Yes, I'll get arguments on this but I firmly believe the man has wasted his time (and ours) by working for TN-freakin'-A when he could have been toiling in the mecca of pro wrestling, where the greatest number of fans could have enjoyed what he does. I think a true legend owes it to us to do that. That's my opinion; if you believe the greatest thing Sting could have done is work for TNA, then all the power to you. If you want to argue: "Well, gee, he's probably more comfortable working in TNA," then that's fine for you, but I think one of the true legends of the sport, who probably enjoys a lifestyle he never would have achieved in another profession, owes it to those who have enjoyed and supported his work to sacrifice comfort and give the most people the pleasure of his presence.

I suppose Sting vs. 'Taker could still happen; maybe next year. Yes, it won't be the match it would have been years ago. Even so, the spectacle of such a contest would get people who haven't followed wrestling for years to come out of the woodwork and buy the PPV. There's a sense of history here that will never be filled by watching Sting face off against Jeff Hardy or Bully Ray, for pete's sake!

I know I'd buy it. If it were the only match on the card, I'd buy it.

So, last year at WM27 we saw the Undertaker use Ain't No Grave by Johnny Cash to great effect. With WM28 on the horizon, what music do you think he should use for his entrance?

Personally, I just heard a great song called St Louis Elegy by the Mark Lanegan Band, which I think would fit Taker really well. The song has the funeral pace and mysterious feel to it while staying relatively modern. I also love the chorus as it picks the tempo up ever so slightly and I can imagine Taker reaching the ring and lifting his hood and the lights come up as the chorus hits.

So, which music would you use for Taker's entrance, and why? The current bell chime theme, for nostalgic reasons? The St Louis Elegy? Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Here's a theory that someone mentioned to me today DX vs the Bros of Destruction.
I've heard talk that maybe the Undertaker can't work a full match reforming with Kane means he doesn't have to work the full match himself. HBK is coming back next week and maybe he feels both by themselves weren't good enough to end the streak but together they can. Kane has no feud after the EC and this would put him up there for mania thus continuing the momentum he has from his resent resurrection.
My bet is HHH vs Taker with HBK as special guest referee.

so....HBK next week? I said this a few weeks ago, that this year they should do HHH vs HBK vs Undertaker at mania, its what we want to see. Did I think they would do it? No, but it seems that this triple threat might be happening.

Undertaker needs to lose he cant preform like you all think he can the only reason he has had good matches the last few years is because of stars like hbk triple h edge batista randy orton and kane he cant even be around and do a match im sorry but one match a year is not what i want to see if u cant be on the shows between the ppvs then just hang it up its sad that all the fans still go nuts for a guy who is never around then comes back for a blink and then is gone again and atleast the rock is doin movies i think he needs to lose and i want it to either be a rising star like sheamus or the only real answer Kane his new gimmick is perfect to finish taker and takeover as the dominant evil in wwe to bad it wont happen Trips is to greedy he needs another acomplishment to add to his career

so....HBK next week? I said this a few weeks ago, that this year they should do HHH vs HBK vs Undertaker at mania, its what we want to see. Did I think they would do it? No, but it seems that this triple threat might be happening.

If HBK keeps to his word and stays retired, this won't happen. I'm guessing HBK will have some involvement in their match, but won't be a participant.

Does anyone else feel like last years match between HHH and Taker was purposly booked the way it was JUST to build up to this years wrestlemania? Let's face it, 2010/11 was NOT a good year for the undertaker health wise. He was hurt after the match with shawn, comes back, and in his first match back gets kicked in the face by rey rey, breaking his orbital bone (I think that's what it was). Then the Kane storyline happens, he comes back again not nearly 100%, and then he's out until february. The undertaker we saw at last years mania was not by any means 100%. Maybe what he NEEDED was to take a year off to refocus, recharge, and get healthy. What better way to set up a year long vacation than to get your ass beat by HHH at wrestlemania. I fully expect him to be at the top of his game at mania, and maybe, just maybe he's 100%, and ready to make his last ride (see what I did there).

Does anyone else feel this way?
Is ANYONE excited for this match? I actually am.

Does anyone else feel like last years match between HHH and Taker was purposly booked the way it was JUST to build up to this years wrestlemania? Let's face it, 2010/11 was NOT a good year for the undertaker health wise. He was hurt after the match with shawn, comes back, and in his first match back gets kicked in the face by rey rey, breaking his orbital bone (I think that's what it was). Then the Kane storyline happens, he comes back again not nearly 100%, and then he's out until february. The undertaker we saw at last years mania was not by any means 100%. Maybe what he NEEDED was to take a year off to refocus, recharge, and get healthy. What better way to set up a year long vacation than to get your ass beat by HHH at wrestlemania. I fully expect him to be at the top of his game at mania, and maybe, just maybe he's 100%, and ready to make his last ride (see what I did there).

Does anyone else feel this way?
Is ANYONE excited for this match? I actually am.

Yes. Fully agree here. I believe I said this last year after the show, having Triple H walk out and Undertaker not leaves so many doors open for the storytelling and buildup for this year. The ending from Wrestlemania 27 makes me wonder just how exactly their match this year will end considering Triple H took him to the complete limit last year. It seems to me that WWE wants you to think Undertaker will lose this year. I really don't know why so many have a problem with this match. This year's build up will be stronger than last years. This year’s match will feature way more storytelling in their match up than last years. I'm probably the minority here, but there's still a story to be told between these two. I'm definitely looking forward to their match at Wrestlemania XXVIII.

Agreed with the two posters above me. This Wrestlemania has 2 matches that were essentially established a year in advance. It's no wonder why I'm so excited for Mania this year. Even the Punk/Jericho "best in the world" seeds have been planted since Punk's worked shoot. That's what strong, thorough build gets you.

I have been thinking recently about the HHH-Taker promos on Raw and what struck me was the emphasis on how the last image of The Undertaker can not be one him being a battered mess, unable to leave the ringside on his own. And it got me thinking, are they teasing a Taker retirement? Now I know this has almost a zero chance of happening but just imagine if Undertaker beats HHH to go 20-0 and is standing in the ring looking the dominating force he has always been thus sending the last image he wanted and then the music hits, AND HERE COMES THE PAIN. Brock Lesnar then comes down and destroys the Undertaker once again leaving the image of Taker battered down at Wrestlemania meaning Taker will not be riding off into the sun but will instead be facing Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29. As stated, I understand how unlikely this is to happen so I am not looking for comments saying this will never happen. I am just wanting to know if anyone thinks this is a good idea and one you would like to see happen.

It's an interesting one. I DO NOT think HHH should be the one to end the streak. That's been played out. While I would LOVE to have it be someone else, there really isn't anyone outside of Cena (right now) who deserves it.

If last year showed anything, it's that Vince will make a main event a year in advance. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesnar at WM28, at RAW the next night and the match official by the end of the week.

It's an interesting one. I DO NOT think HHH should be the one to end the streak. That's been played out. While I would LOVE to have it be someone else, there really isn't anyone outside of Cena (right now) who deserves it.

If last year showed anything, it's that Vince will make a main event a year in advance. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesnar at WM28, at RAW the next night and the match official by the end of the week.

i could see theabove happening but is the undertaker v brock lesnar big enough to make a year in advance, i personally dont think its a big enough draw for a year in advance, that being said be great for it too happen

As much as i did not want to see this match this year, I am completely sold from the last 2 raws. The video package of takers last raw was incredible! Just the way HHH was talking about it this past week makes me want to see Taker beat him. Let's be honest, HHH had to use a chair and repeatedly smash Taker to get him to the point he did last year, straight up wrestling match much like HBK and Taker the previous years, dont think HHH could of come that close

First off I know there is a CM Punk vs Stone Cold thread but it doesn't involve WM29 it is just a random thread. Now onto my thread. I think Stone Cold will be involved in the Y2J vs Punk match im some way maybe a special guest referee or something to get him involved. After the match (im going to assume Punk wins) he offers Punk some beer, but seeing Punk is straight edge he rejects it, but celebrates with Austin. Then out of nowhere austin does a stunner on Punk, and then celebrates and leaves. I don't think they will do what Cena and the Rock did where they made the match a year before but I think that Punk could bring this up in a year's time and challenge Stone Cold to a match at WM29. Thoughts?

I dont mind the thread being here but thats just me
anyways

I dont see SCSA doing anything BIG this year at WM because he said recently in an interview that was posted on this site that he didnt want to do any "supporting" type role at WM to The Rock so i think your idea of something "small" could be possible but I dont see a CM Punk story line though because then it would be the same deal with Rock and Cena. Story building a year in advance.

I do believe Punk/Austin will happen at one Wrestle Mania I'm not sure if WWE will save that kind of match for Wrestle Mania 30 to allow them some time for Punk to get a couple of BIG Wrestle mania wins and have him dog out Austin over a year or have Punk and Austin do some kind of backstage promo at WM28 and start something from that leading to 29, personally I like the fact WWE announced Rock/Cena a year in advance and wouldn't mind WWE doing the same thing every year announcing one main event a year ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back