All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
People are so certain that Taker will return and have a 1 on 1 match, but I'm not so sure. Hear me out before you think I'm crazy. The Undertaker's two biggest rivals ever (In my opinion) are Kane and Mankind/Mick Foley. Now, what if, them two join forces under the management of Paul Bearer because Bearer wants to get his ultimate revenge on Taker for basically burying him alive, Kane wants to defeat Taker and take the last thing that means something away from him since he's buried him alive and beaten him for the title before, this is the last thing he can do to "destroy" The Undertaker and Mankind wants revenge for the Hell in the Cell match years ago, or could just do what Uncle Paul says again.

Taker then beats them both and has beaten all 3 of his biggest enemies (including Bearer) coming to his closest challenge to date and then leaves as he has nothing else to prove.

People are so certain that Taker will return and have a 1 on 1 match at Wrestlemania, but I'm not so sure. Hear me out before you think I'm crazy. I see him having a a handicap match with his two biggest rivals ever (In my opinion) are Kane and Mankind/Mick Foley. Now, what if, they join forces under the management of Paul Bearer because Bearer wants to get his ultimate revenge on Taker for basically burying him alive, Kane wants to defeat Taker and take the last thing that means something away from him since he's buried him alive and beaten him for the title before, this is the last thing he can do to "destroy" The Undertaker and Mankind wants revenge for the Hell in the Cell match years ago, or could just do what Uncle Paul says again.

Taker then beats them both and has beaten all 3 of his biggest enemies (including Bearer) coming to his closest challenge to date and then leaves as he has nothing else to prove.

I think he'll feud with Chris Jericho, who he's never had a feud with, or a young star like Sheamus or Wade Barrett to give them a huge push. If it is Barret, I can see him moving up to the main event level after this feud

The fact is it doesn't matter who he feuds with. He'll return the week before mania, get his win, and ride off into the sunset again....hopefully for good this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a taker fan. But bringing him back for one show a year to get his mania win is pointless at this point. He's not going to lose...period. His match with trips could have been better had there been some build up. That's the problem today. It's hard to get excited for anything because no time is taken to build any suspense. But that's another topic for another day. The only reason there was any suspense for Taker/HBK II was because of the retirement stipulation. Even then, I don't think many people believed Shawn had a chance to win. I really don't care who he wrestles. He'll get the win then we won't see him again.

The fact is it doesn't matter who he feuds with. He'll return the week before mania, get his win, and ride off into the sunset again....hopefully for good this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a taker fan. But bringing him back for one show a year to get his mania win is pointless at this point. He's not going to lose...period. His match with trips could have been better had there been some build up. That's the problem today. It's hard to get excited for anything because no time is taken to build any suspense. But that's another topic for another day. The only reason there was any suspense for Taker/HBK II was because of the retirement stipulation. Even then, I don't think many people believed Shawn had a chance to win. I really don't care who he wrestles. He'll get the win then we won't see him again.

Pointless? How about the point of selling tickets? I don't like Taker or his roll as "come in for 'Mania, get the win then leave" either, but the man is a legend and more importantly he puts butts in seats. So the point is to make money, which Taker can do for the WWE in spades. I've never been a fan of his, but you'd have to be blind to deny the fact that he = money.

On topic, I think it's a complete crap shoot at this point, but does it really matter? Whoever it is, people will pay for it. Maybe as we get closer to the Rumble, the picture will become clearer as to who he might face (and defeat).

Taker is broken down beyond belief and the only reason he can't wrestle more than once a year. Instead of bitching and whining, how about enjoying a true legend in wrestling. This is more than likely his final year so sit back and watch his final moments like everyone else and applaud him.

As for me I'd love it to be against someone big. You know sort of a 'if you're going to go out, do it with a huge opponent' type of deal. Why not right? The thing is there really isn't anyone left.

I don't want see undertaker vs kane for 3rd time.I want see john morrison facing him at mania because they were faced eatch other in a short time at elimination chamber 2010,I really enjoyed it.I am sure they can bring a great match at mania and jomo will get big push

Personally, I don't expect to see the Undertaker compete against anyone at WM28. I think he is not in suitable physical condition to go, and with the potential lineup on the card for this year, they don't really need him. I see one more Wrestlemania for the Deadman, at WM29. He will face John Cena, and the wrestling world will truly be buzzing, positively or negatively, about Cena being the one to end the streak because let's face it, if anyone is going to do it, it will be Cena.

The Undertaker will defeat John Cena at WM29 to end his Wrestlemania career at a perfect 20-0. They will have a rematch at Survivor Series 2012, whereby Cena will defeat Taker in a Casket Match, and at that point, the Undertaker's career will be over, and he will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013, the night before WM30.

Nope, I believe the only time in Taker's streak that a handicap match will have taken place was 19 against A-Train and Big Show, I do not see it ever happening again. If he had more years ahead of him as a wrestler maybe but WWE needs to give him some epic 1-1 matches like Michaels, and you aren't gonna get a quality match like those 2 gems if you've got Kane and Foley goin at it with Taker.

The answer is Chris Jericho, considering he will probably be back between Survivor Series and Wrestlemania, he will the be the biggest legend on the roster to never face Taker at mania. It's already been hinted at plenty and I am 100 percent behind a match like that. Jericho and Taker match up very well and if their first meeting on Smackdown is any indication of the quality of the match they would deliver then it will be second only to Takers matches with HBK in the Wrestlemania history books.

I have to say that a couple of weeks ago I would have said mark Henry but this time due to his match with Daniel Bryan on SD I really can not see Henry facing someone else other that Bryan.

Back to the Deadman the guy that I think will get a shot at the phenom is non other than CM Punk. With the roll that Punk has been on in the past couple of months there is no way WWE would pass up an opportunity while Punk is still one of their biggest stars right know. The second choice is Del Rio but to tell the unfortunate truth (at least to me) I believe that Alberto will inevitably be in the WWE championship match, well that is if Cena does not win the title before then which at this point seems like a much better option. The ultimate clash of personalities and character would make a punk vs taker feud a killer to watch. The last time they fought Punk was merely a bland heel that was to be fed to Undertaker upon his return. Now CM Punk has one of the best characters in the entire WWE! Hopefully Undertaker can bring it and carry whoever he faces to an excellent match that will not be a stain on the WM streak that the suggested handicap match (OP) would be. I am damn sure Undertaker will compete at the event, there is no reason not to gain even more draws with an epic taker match, it will only add to the Wrestlemania buys.

I think his feud with old age and injuries is working out fine for everyone, hopefully it continues and he stays out of the ring for another year.

He's been out of action since his match with Triple H at WM27, and its been one of the best years Smackdown has had in quite some time. We got to see some unlikely people get some great pushes with Sheamus, Christian, and Henry all getting a chance to step up to the plate while not being overshadowed by the looming return of the "Deadman."

but if he is to return he needs, and it absolutely has to be this way, he needs to feud with someone young. Someone who can work a program with him, carry him in a match, and come out over even after losing so the "Streak" can remain intact.

Sheamus or Wade Barrett get my vote. I lean more towards Barrett due to Sheamus being a monster face on Smackdown and earlier rumors of Sheamus vs Henry at WM28 for the WHC. Barrett needed this match last year after the rut he was left in coming off of feuding with Cena, being booted from the Nexus and the disaster that was the Corre. I think Barrett would be a great option for this match, and the program although short, would help establish Barrett at the next next.

im a huge undertaker fan and i would like to see him completely vanish.... until march 2014, the road to wrestlemania 30. perfect scenario for me would be either cena or punk, who ever is the top guy at the time, do a shoot about they have achieved everything there is to achieve and before they can finish the shoot the lights go out and that bone chilling gong sounds, mind games continue for the next few weeks and the raw before mania taker finally shows up for a face to face confrontation then goes on to win his final match to go 20-0

if he's not able to compete one on one....how bout awesome truth vs brothers of destruction? if done properly it can really work...miz and truth work this past few months have been phenomenal and if they beat rock/cena at survivor series then i believe this match could really work..

both kane and undertaker are going to return at the royal rumble and knock each other out of the ring starting a feud which will lead to a hell in a cell or a buried alive at wrestlemanis

I see him feuding with one of these three...Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes.

Why these guys. 2 reasons. 1. They aare young and can use a rub with a legend like Taker. 2. They are heel.

This is how I see it happening.

Taker comes back, and one of these three young men comes out and says that they wil put the final nail in taker's coffin. this time he will never come back. Build like this to Mania, and then Taker wins. Then the next night on the supershow, he announces his retirement. Out comes the man who he just beat and celebrates because HE did it. HE beat the streak. Taker is gone..and it is because of ME!

Major heat.

I think he'll face Barrett, after all they never explained the reasons for Nexus attacking Undertaker at Bragging Rights 2010, so I think Taker will eliminate Wade from the Rumble leading to a match at Mania. I just hope that WWE doesn't put Taker in a match for the sake of it, I'd much rather he retires at 19-0 as he is now than him retire on 20-0 and has a poor last match.

I think WM28 will be Sheamus and everyone will speculate that Sheamus is the man to finally do it since he is tagged as one of the future stars. They will have a brutal match but Taker wins.

Then I predict at WM29 it will be John Cena because what else does Cena have to do then beat the Phenom? By this point he would have beaten the best out there in Rock, HBK, and HHH. I want to say John Cena does it by turning heel but we all know Taker wins because he deserves to go out on top.

The answer is Chris Jericho, considering he will probably be back between Survivor Series and Wrestlemania, he will the be the biggest legend on the roster to never face Taker at mania. It's already been hinted at plenty and I am 100 percent behind a match like that. Jericho and Taker match up very well and if their first meeting on Smackdown is any indication of the quality of the match they would deliver then it will be second only to Takers matches with HBK in the Wrestlemania history books.

Here's something new - a winner retires match. Jericho comes back, claiming it's for one reason only - to beat UT. If he wins, he beats the streak, and then can leave to do his "Fozzy" or "Dancin'". That's what motivates him. If UT wins, he has to retire. Mental conflict / mind games. :shrug:

I would personally love to see Taker face Mick Foley...and hopefully have that be the last for the both of them. Foley wants that "one more career-defining match" and what better way than to have another brawl with the man who threw him from the Cell?

I can see why people think Wade Barrett might be in that match...but the whole point of the "Barrett Barrage" is to get him on a roll, so Id expect him to win the Rumble and challenge the World Heavyweight Champ along with Daniel Bryan.

Guys, I very well think this next WrestleMania is likely to be Undertaker's last. I'm just wondering if anyone's out there gushing with nostalgia and woe because Mark Calaway's 27-year career, having first debuted with WCCW in 1984, will probably end in a matter of months.

Even if he wasn't known for putting on the best matches earlier in his career, these past several WrestleManias (I like to think of WrestleMania 23 against Batista as the first of a new run of excellent streak defenses), he's arguably stolen the show. Regardless of his match quality, he's been one of the most memorable figures in WWE for 21 years, both on camera as a backstage presence.

Considering his recent string of injures, we're not unfamiliar with The Undertaker's absence, but will you feel differently when his absence is final? When there won't be an impending return to anticipate, no WrestleMania streak defense looming in the distance, no ominous music coupled with smoke and flames to mark his reemergence from Death Valley?

This is a man who's career predates millions of fans' lives, whose character and name has outlived almost all his contemporaries'. The Undertaker's not the type to engage in out-of-the-ring affairs, he barely makes public appearances outside the WWE. There probably won't be any cameos as we've seen with retirees like Shawn Michaels. He's not going to return to host "This Is Your Life" like Mick Foley. In all likelihood, when Undertaker retires, he'll be gone. At most, maybe he'll stay on as some backstage authority figure, but even of that I'm skeptical.

How will you feel when Undertaker is simply gone? Or am I the only who who finds this the least bit surreal?

Honestly, I've gotten used to him being gone all the time. I'd like to think when he's actually gone, nothing significant will change other than one major PPV. I loved the Undertaker throughout his career especially in his later days, but he's supplied us with more than enough good memories to last me a life time. Sure there will probably be those times where I miss the Undertaker but it doesn't hurt to pop in a dvd a rewatch most of his career from start to finish. Undertaker's time is up and no matter how big of a fan I am, I don't have a problem with him leaving.

I'm with Hamler here, I love Taker and when we don't have one more match to look forward to every year it's gonna suck but I think it's safe to say that most of us have gotten accustomed to him not being around and the transition wont be that hard. Words cannot describe the impact that this man has had on wrestling and he has definitely done more than enough for we the WWE Universe, even if he was officially done now it would be impossible to not have mad love for the guy and everything he's done in his 20 plus years in the company. I really hope to see as much more from Taker as possible but I'm already so thankful for what he's done that if he was done now I couldnt be upset.

No, Taker will not retire anytime soon, I mean come on, hes not even obligated to wrestle anymore. All Taker has to do now is come to the rumble and make a few other appearances and have one big match at the beginning of the year at WM and get his 1 million dollar yearly salary. Who would quit such a job? And WWE would give up anything to keep Taker in their roster. Taker was a WWE/WWF generated superstar, wwf put so much time into him and taker has also put so much time into wwe/wwf to where he has become a legend. Outside of the United States, Nobody cares about the hogans, the rey mysterios, the rocks, the austins, and the cenas. Everybody cares about the Undertaker, like Del Rio said, In Mexico Rey mysterio is just another wrestler and so was hbk, the true legend is the Undertaker. Giving up taker is like giving up HHH or even Vince. So taker won't be retiring anytime soon but, just to generate opinions. I think Taker should end his career at Wrestlemania 30 against Kane *his buddy in storyline and kayfabe* their storyline has been going on for the last 15 years. So why not Kane? If not kane then maybe Cena *the face of WWE* or even Stone Cold steve Austin *leader of the attitude era, ending the career of an attitude era legend*

Hypothetical when he does retire from active in ring, his streak need never end, it won't give a huge boost to anyone that did, it would just be temporary at this point til creative made the accomplishment mundane and pointless.

He doesn't need to permanently retire anyway, he already has a real estate investment business outside of his WWE life, most recently building a 2.7million dollar property.

for the WWE perspective the only thing that would change is WrestleMania would lose it's longest running and biggest storyline unless he came back just for that each year. we are already accustomed to him not being there most of the time and really there's very few people worthy of him "making them famous" anymore.

No doubt he still is a backstage leader, just cause we don't see him onscreen doesn't mean he's definately not there.

No, Taker will not retire anytime soon, I mean come on, hes not even obligated to wrestle anymore. All Taker has to do now is come to the rumble and make a few other appearances and have one big match at the beginning of the year at WM and get his 1 million dollar yearly salary. Who would quit such a job? And WWE would give up anything to keep Taker in their roster. Taker was a WWE/WWF generated superstar, wwf put so much time into him and taker has also put so much time into wwe/wwf to where he has become a legend. Outside of the United States, Nobody cares about the hogans, the rey mysterios, the rocks, the austins, and the cenas. Everybody cares about the Undertaker, like Del Rio said, In Mexico Rey mysterio is just another wrestler and so was hbk, the true legend is the Undertaker. Giving up taker is like giving up HHH or even Vince. So taker won't be retiring anytime soon but, just to generate opinions. I think Taker should end his career at Wrestlemania 30 against Kane *his buddy in storyline and kayfabe* their storyline has been going on for the last 15 years. So why not Kane? If not kane then maybe Cena *the face of WWE* or even Stone Cold steve Austin *leader of the attitude era, ending the career of an attitude era legend*

Noone cares about other guys other then Taker outside of the US, are u friggin serious? or is that just a generalised statement based on absolutely no facts, sorry you are truly deluded

Austin already made Taker/Kane his jobbers numerous times during the attitude era, that would be pointless. There was an obvious reason they never wanted Austin or The Rock to face him at Mania, saying that i would mark out if they did

Taker has already beaten Kane at Mania twice. Once again pointless. and that's assuming Kane would even last 2 more years.

Cena, well he's the only one left that is a big wig and hasn't faced him at mania though he has faced him in PPV's, i don't see that happening though unless it's a heel Cena and well it aint happening this year he's already booked.

They have no alternative at this point but to have Taker face someone new.
and if Mania was his last, i thank him for everything he's done for the WWE and for keeping Mania watchable.

Thats utter nonsense. I am from the UK and to walk around in an Undertaker t-shirt would be embarrasing. His gimmick is for kids!!! Yes the Undertaker is loved and respected in these waters, he is by any Wrestling fan but Rock, Austin and Hogan are at a different level to him, always have been.

As for fighting Kane again? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. No, just no! Foley, Punk and Cena would be my final 3 WM opponents should he make it to WM30. You could even add Rock to that list if he is prepared to do more dates in 2013 and 2014.
As for this been his last Mania, cant see it. He will do a few more no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back