A new era begins - SD LD

Yeah. You didn't notice the titantron. I saw that kind of odd.

Also, Christian said that Edge and him known each other since the 6th grade. I guess they went the real-life route instead of them being booked as brothers.

Only reason big show was so over was in large part due to the semi-unwarranted heat to Swagger. BTW I was the one that sent in the live fan report. It was extremely rude in my opinion, and I'm SHOCKED the segment basically aired as is. The poor guy got obviously flustered. It was a GREAT show though overall, and have officially become a Smackdown fan. Smackdown certainly owns Raw. Although if your at the live events, Raw takes the cake there.

Only reason big show was so over was in large part due to the semi-unwarranted heat to Swagger. BTW I was the one that sent in the live fan report. It was extremely rude in my opinion, and I'm SHOCKED the segment basically aired as is. The poor guy got obviously flustered.
Booing heels is something to complain about now?

is it me or was the crowd DEAD during the E&C segment?

the instant edge turned heel, the crowd didnt even boo, it was dead silent.

then they didnt even continue the "goodbye" chant after christian stopped.

Only reason big show was so over was in large part due to the semi-unwarranted heat to Swagger. BTW I was the one that sent in the live fan report. It was extremely rude in my opinion, and I'm SHOCKED the segment basically aired as is. The poor guy got obviously flustered. It was a GREAT show though overall, and have officially become a Smackdown fan. Smackdown certainly owns Raw. Although if your at the live events, Raw takes the cake there.

Why is the fact that Swagger is getting the amount of heat most heels would die for a bad thing.....? People boo him because they don't like him. If they don't like him, he's clearly doing his job. He's not a face, they are allowed boo him last time I checked.

Just watched the show.

The Edge and Christian segment made no sense.

I would have sat quietly as well.

I see what you guys are saying, but it was different then all the other heat heels were getting. Including Punk, and Jericho who were getting a LOT of heat. I was disappointed with the crowd during the Edge and Christian segment.

I just felt that a lot of the heat was unwarranted and it was a group of drunk mid-late 20's guys that were just screaming at him. Not saying anything. You would've thought they went to Duke. Then of course when he'd tell everyone to shut up the rest of the crowd got excited and joined in. He got little to no heat during his "Hi, I'm Jack Swagger" clips throughout the night.

It was all just out of nowhere. I'm curious if the pops/heat for Big Show and Swagger continue to be that defined.

You realize that he didn't actually want them to be quiet, right?

well obviously. but the whole reason it even started was one group of people. It's not really a big deal, but I think it makes him seem more "over" with the crowd as a heel. Obviously he got boo'ed due to being a heel, but the degree of it was certainly unwarranted...

Stop complaining that a heel got boo'd! If someone started it, and everyone joined in, that means he's been doing a good enough job as a heel to get a whole crowd to give him Vickie-heat!

well obviously. but the whole reason it even started was one group of people. It's not really a big deal, but I think it makes him seem more "over" with the crowd as a heel. Obviously he got boo'ed due to being a heel, but the degree of it was certainly unwarranted...

You mean like every crowd ever?

I enjoyed Smackdown this week, not a great episode but I loved seeing the new faces.

About halfway through the show. A few things:

1. Has Jericho ever beaten Kofi?

2. Didn't Edge and Christians used to be brothers?

What the hell are you people talking about the fans getting to Swagger? he was playing to them. The fans boo the heel when he talks. It's called drawing heat. They wouldn't shut up so he couldn't talk. That's heat 101.

I think he played them perfectly, and the amount of heat he got shows that.

Yep. It's fine. Swagger came off looking like a total jackass that Big Show is supposed to put in his place. Booking 101.

I thought it was a great episode. Show was a massive face, Swagger got Vickie heat, and everyone but Hornswoggle got some TV time.

The quick promos need to happen more often. They're a great way to get people on TV and not take up a ton of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back