A John Cena "Pipe Bomb" = Heel Turn

the_vipers_enigma

Pre-Show Stalwart
After reading the thread about another CM Punk "pipe bomb'' I thought about this and for me if it happens it will be very interesting.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Cena fan (was when he first debuted) but imagine if Cena takes a mic and drops a ''pipe bomb''. He talks about being fed up with the way Vince is making look and is sick and tired of it. He can say that he is better than SCSA, The Rock and the man many of us think Cena is a copy of Hulk Hogan. He can say he will brake Ric Flairs record and will become the biggest superstar ever. Thus gaining heat from the adults. He will say that he doesn't care for the WWE Universe and that he cares only about himself(gains heat from the kids) or something like that.

Could this be a good way to turn Cena a heel and make a big impact or not?

I think this ship has sailed. If WWE planned to turn Cena heel, I think it would've happened during the course of his feud with The Rock. It was an ample opportunity to do so but they didn't go with it.

Personally, I'd like to see John Cena go heel because he needs some fresh life injected into his character, at least in my opinion. Realistically, however, I can see why WWE didn't turn him heel. John Cena is a cash cow and that's due in part to him being such a dominant babyface. Whenever you watch Raw or SmackDown!, whenever you watching Cena wrestle on ppvs, you'll look out and see a sea of people of all ages & genders wearing John Cena merchendise. Whether it be 10 year old kids or 60 year old grandpas, you'll see them wearing Cena shirts or headbands or wristbands or ball caps or what have you. Even people who claim to hate Cena, you'll see them wearing his gear. I've seen it on television and I've see it at live shows where men will be chanting "Cena Sucks", yet be wearing a John Cena t-shirt. I've seen kids, boys and girls, chanting "Cena Sucks" while also loaded down with John Cena merchendise.

Cena generates an incredible response from fans wherever he goes and the WWE doesn't want to risk messing with that success. When you look at how much money Cena merchendise brings in and how fans are consistently & constantly abosrbed in whatever he's doing, then I can't say that I blame them.

After reading the thread about another CM Punk "pipe bomb'' I thought about this and for me if it happens it will be very interesting.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Cena fan (was when he first debuted) but imagine if Cena takes a mic and drops a ''pipe bomb''. He talks about being fed up with the way Vince is making look and is sick and tired of it. He can say that he is better than SCSA, The Rock and the man many of us think Cena is a copy of Hulk Hogan. He can say he will brake Ric Flairs record and will become the biggest superstar ever. Thus gaining heat from the adults. He will say that he doesn't care for the WWE Universe and that he cares only about himself(gains heat from the kids) or something like that.

No...just no. If John Cena is ever going to turn heel, it's not going to be with a generic promo straight out of the mind of someone from the IWC. The point is to make everyone hate him, not change the demographic who boo him.

If Cena ever goes heel, my guess is that it will be more along the lines of Hollywood Hogan. Where he knows he is much better than everyone, and constantly reminds people all the time how much better he is than everyone.

Your promo idea is terrible. Not only does it just sound silly, it also would be the type of thing that IWC fans would cheer him for saying. Like they did when Punk said it.

Honestly a heel turn via pipe bomb wont work for cena in my eyes. I think kids will still buy his merch cause its colorfull and will not care cause hes been super cena for a long time. I dont think wwe will turn him heel due to kids love him and if he turn they will cry which is a big factor and the fact he's to generic in a sort he just cant pull off a good heel turn.

I think this ship has sailed. If WWE planned to turn Cena heel, I think it would've happened during the course of his feud with The Rock. It was an ample opportunity to do so but they didn't go with it.

Personally, I'd like to see John Cena go heel because he needs some fresh life injected into his character, at least in my opinion. Realistically, however, I can see why WWE didn't turn him heel. John Cena is a cash cow and that's due in part to him being such a dominant babyface. Whenever you watch Raw or SmackDown!, whenever you watching Cena wrestle on ppvs, you'll look out and see a sea of people of all ages & genders wearing John Cena merchendise. Whether it be 10 year old kids or 60 year old grandpas, you'll see them wearing Cena shirts or headbands or wristbands or ball caps or what have you. Even people who claim to hate Cena, you'll see them wearing his gear. I've seen it on television and I've see it at live shows where men will be chanting "Cena Sucks", yet be wearing a John Cena t-shirt. I've seen kids, boys and girls, chanting "Cena Sucks" while also loaded down with John Cena merchendise.

Cena generates an incredible response from fans wherever he goes and the WWE doesn't want to risk messing with that success. When you look at how much money Cena merchendise brings in and how fans are consistently & constantly abosrbed in whatever he's doing, then I can't say that I blame them.

WWE knows their product is stagnet currently and does not appeal to a wide variety of people like it did from 98-05. Back then they could care less about one person being a cash cow. They had multiple people that appealed to a wide variety of the audience. As a result, the attendence at all shows was much higher on average than today. They are suffering from a lack of competition. They are riding Cena's coattails because they lack the ability to produce, write and act out good shows week after week. This is not Cena's fault at all as he is a product of the environment. If they turn Cena heel and lose all that money he generates, they risk not being able to replace it with higher attendence or other wrestlers merchandise.

In conclusion, the WWE knows their product is stale right now and must milk their assets for all they are worth. As soon as Cena's gear shows significant decline is sales than they WWE will take a heel turn seriously. Until then we will have him stuffed down our throats.

Personally, it makes me puke.

I just watched the latest DC animated feature Superman vs. the Elite. Now I wont go too much into the "Super-Cena" stuff about how he is unable to lose etc.

But the storyline is (it's based on a comic book done a few years back) about how these cool new superheroes arrive and are violent, swear and kill bad guys. Due to all the terrorists in the world, the public seems to think that Superman's way is wrong and his methods are outdated. These new heroes are cooler but they start killing and Superman has to stop even though it is against popular opinion. He doesn't care if he is booed or cheered, he just knows he has to do what is right....

I found it funny watching this and thinking back to the Cena hyope video for WM this year. I've never been a fan of Cena (due to his cheesy promos eg. Star Wars) but I thought it was an interesting colloration on why Cena will not turn heel, no matter how cool it may become, he needs to stay who he is and do what he sees as right.

It kind of makes "Super-Cena" not about he being invincable but more about he staying true to his beliefs...

In my opinion, the only way this would work is if CM Punk beats Cena and Show cleanly tonight. Right after the match, Punk celebrates and leaves. Cena gives the AA to Show. He then does a pipebomb about CM Punk trying to take his spot and whatever else he's fed up with.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Cena fan (was when he first debuted) but imagine if Cena takes a mic and drops a ''pipe bomb''.

Two things.

1) Cena is consistently better on the mic than anyone on the WWE roster, and has been for quite some time. Whether you like him or not Cena can get a rise and play a crowd better than any wrestler on the roster. Bar none.

2) You're not a Cena fan? No way? Imagine someone from the IWC who isn't a Cena fan! :rolleyes:

He talks about being fed up with the way Vince is making look and is sick and tired of it.

o_O When has he complained about Vince? Maybe I missed something. Interview? Promo? Where was this? Please show.

He can say that he is better than SCSA, The Rock and the man many of us think Cena is a copy of Hulk Hogan.

This is laughable. Very laughable. Once again. I'd like to see proof of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin quotes. I've never seen them, and I'm not going to go all out and bash you for saying otherwise until I physically see proof. I've Google'd, YouTube'd, Wikipedia'd, and searched a couple dirt sheets for about 10 minutes. I'm not seeing anything.

Before you go off spouting promo's about John Cena saying he was better than The Rock during their feud it's very important you realize something. Cena never actually proclaimed to be better than The Rock during this feud to my remembrance, but he proclaimed the Rock was dead; and that only Dwayne Johnson survived. Cena knew he was better than Dwayne Johnson.

As for your Hulk Hogan comment you're being ridiculous. Hulk Hogan was a tremendous professional wrestler. He was over-the-top, he put on the type of matches necessary for him to put on at the time, and he played a crowd better than any wrestler ever.

John Cena is in no way, shape, or form a carbon copy of Hulk Hogan. Different styles of wrestling, different dynamics in their promos, and different entertainers entirely.

He can say he will brake Ric Flairs record and will become the biggest superstar ever. Thus gaining heat from the adults.

So he'll break a record absolutely no one cares about in reality? :shrug:

He will say that he doesn't care for the WWE Universe and that he cares only about himself(gains heat from the kids) or something like that.

How is this a "pipebomb?" A pipebomb is literally saying on national television that the WWE would be better off when Vince McMahon is finally rotting in his grave. We were awed to hear such a thing being allowed on WWE television which simply made it a memorable, explosive promo.

No. It's a terrible idea.

WWE knows their product is stagnet currently and does not appeal to a wide variety of people like it did from 98-05.

The WWE appealed to a very niche crowd back in 1998-2003. The crowd was itching for shock TV, and the WWE provided the brash hard-nosed style of the shock TV that became the Attitude Era.

The WWE appeals to a more wide variety than they have in quite sometime honestly.

John Cena - He appeals to the children, the teenagers, and let's be honest there are several adults out there who enjoy John Cena more than the IWC would like to let on. Who's the one paying to go to the stadiums, the T-shirts, etc? If they despised him as much as you would like us to believe they simply wouldn't buy it.

CM Punk - He appeals to your teenage crowd. He says the cutting edge things like "Vince McMahon should just go die" that adolescents are looking for.

Randy Orton - He appeals to the female audience due to his physic. Every time that man is on television my mother and sister will finally stop complaining and simply watch with fascination due to his physic. He appeals to children, and even appeals to adults due to his temperamental problems.

You've also got an extremely interesting dynamic behind Randy Orton that he has overcome a lot of things in his life such as the shame of going AWOL, drugs, and other bad decisions. He's overcome those things as a person which is simply phenomenal.

Back then they could care less about one person being a cash cow.

:lmao:

As a result, the attendence at all shows was much higher on average than today.

SmackDown's attendance has been low due to lack of Randy Orton according to the dirt sheets, but we still don't know this to be cold hard facts. Back up what you say, and prove it.

They are riding Cena's coattails because they lack the ability to produce, write and act out good shows week after week. This is not Cena's fault at all as he is a product of the environment. If they turn Cena heel and lose all that money he generates, they risk not being able to replace it with higher attendence or other wrestlers merchandise.

Just last year CM Punk was #1 in merchandise sales. As of February it was said that John Cena and CM Punk are virtually tied when it comes to merchandise sales. :shrug:

Two things.

o_O When has he complained about Vince? Maybe I missed something. Interview? Promo? Where was this? Please show.

This is laughable. Very laughable. Once again. I'd like to see proof of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin quotes. I've never seen them, and I'm not going to go all out and bash you for saying otherwise until I physically see proof. I've Google'd, YouTube'd, Wikipedia'd, and searched a couple dirt sheets for about 10 minutes. I'm not seeing anything.

I think he was just making an example of what Cena can possibly do to turn heel, he wasn't saying that these were specific instances that happened in the past.

But everything else I pretty much agree with what you are saying.

After reading the thread about another CM Punk "Pipe Bomb'', I thought about this and for me if it happens it will be very interesting.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Cena fan, but imagine if Cena takes a mic and drops a ''Pipe Bomb''. He talks about being fed up with the way Vince is making look and is sick and tired of it. He can say that he is better than SCSA, The Rock and the man many of us think Cena is a copy of Hulk Hogan. He can say he will break Ric Flair's record and will become the biggest superstar ever thus gaining heat from the adults. He will say that he doesn't care for the WWE Universe and that he cares only about himself, thus gaining heat from the kids, or something like that.

Could this be a good way to turn Cena heel and make a big impact or not?

Hell, I'm not a Cena fan either, but I have to admit that I was during his WWE Debut and during his Thugonomics Gimmick. I saw a lot of potential in him back then without having to rely on a famous last name (Randy Orton anyone?), until I realized that he can't wrestle. Too late to realize, right? Right.

Your promo idea is meh. Sorry. You can do better that that. ;) As for the phrase highlighted in bold, no offense, but the adults already hate him.

A John Cena Heel Turn should have happened years ago. Cena being booed after losing his first WWE Championship to Edge at New Year's Revolution due to his inability to wrestle. Cena being booed during his feud with The Rock due to his lack of popularity(?). But they never happened. And they never will. Reasons:

1.) He's the most over WWE Superstar today, like him or hate him.
1a.) He's exceptionally cheered with the kids and women.
1b.) He's overwhelmingly booed by the men.
2.) He sells merchandise, whether it be Cena-Colored or Cena Sucks Shirts.

However, Cena turning heel would be the single most must-see event not only in the WWE today, but also in wrestling altogether.

I have to say, for all the clamor that a Cena heel turn would be so great...I seriously doubt a single one of the 'Cena Sucks' chanters would stop chanting that. He'd lose his current fanbase, but that's it...the IWC/anti-Cena base has hated him so long, nothing will change that. They'll just say, "See? We were right!" and keep on going. So there is nothing to be gained by a turn at this point, and his merchandising to lose...let Punk be the cool heel, he's MUCH better at it anyway. Maybe down the line, Cena can switch companies, be a mega babyface for a while until a couple of rebels come over and prompt a big heel turn...he can paint on some black beard scruff...

Cena is way better off being a cocky heel/Anti-hero.....heres what I mean.

John Cena has been the face of the company for the last few years now, I rekon that he should make a turn in which he starts taking that position for granted and starts becoming real cocky about the fact that hes the face of the company and basically starts doing whatever he wants whenever he wants and starts cutting promos telling the audience how honoured they should be because they are seeing him and cuts promos against other wrestlers saying that they should strive to be like him/ or he can tell them to give up and not bother cuz they will never be as great as he is.

This can go in sooooo many directions. The possibilities are potentially endless

1) He starts randomly attacking superstars both heel and face because he thinks theyre trying to take his place as the "Face of the company" or because he doesnt think they deserve to be in the WWE alongside him/They arent respecting him enough as face of the company

2)He also starts threatening referees into calling matches in his favour and begins attacking officials and employees and simply justifies his actions with the fact that because hes the face of the company he makes to much money for WWE so they cant risk firing him and therefore he can do whatever he wants.

3) If he does get fired by one person, hes rehired by another e.g hes fired by the G.M he gets rehired by COO. He gets fired by COO he gets rehired by CEO/Vince with the explanation that hes "too valuable an asset and firing him would hurt the company" or something along those lines

4) As a result John can start going as far as feuding with Vince cuz he knows Vince cant risk firing him or he starts kissing his ass to get himself ahead in the company and keep other wrestlers down (he can even say that hes been secretly doing that all along and that explains why certain talent are held down/burried compared to him e.g John Morrison, Mcytire*,Tensai,,Big Show, Zak Ryder etc.)

5) John wouldnt even need to win any championships to do this effectively, he can go as far as awarding himself his own title and carrying around his own special belt dedicated to himself and saying that he deserves it because hes above everyone else in the WWE a la million dollar man

This allows John to be basically Incredibly cocky and smug about himself, he can be incredibly violent and evil when he needs to, he can be a whiny crybaby who complains alot about how hes not getting the respect that he deserves, but can also be a coward and a cheat if need be to get where he wants to.

I think this is better then the generic description that most people give in which they say "John cena should turn heel and be a villian and a bad guy and start rapping again." I think if WWE did something like this they could really come up with alot of things for Cena to do.

The thought process of the "top guy" not going heel is very very flawed. Few examples of faces going heel and remained the top guy are SCSA at WM near his hometown against the Rock and aligning himself with his arch nemisis,Bret Hart one of the biggest internation stars ever in the biz turning heel after WM 13, and finally some thought EB was crazy turning Hogan heel and he became more popular then than anytime in the Hulkamania era. If Cena is going to turn heel makes sense at the next PPV. He has won championships before in Boston and his longest drought of his career of not being champion he will get frustrated but we won't see that on tv until he shocks the world at NOC. Imagine if he aligns himself with Johnny Ace to capture the WWE Championship. Also everyone thinking Punk would turn heel would make him more sympathetic of a character and if the Cena heel turn doesn't work turn him back before WM!

The WWE appealed to a very niche crowd back in 1998-2003. The crowd was itching for shock TV, and the WWE provided the brash hard-nosed style of the shock TV that became the Attitude Era.

The WWE appeals to a more wide variety than they have in quite sometime honestly.

John Cena - He appeals to the children, the teenagers, and let's be honest there are several adults out there who enjoy John Cena more than the IWC would like to let on. Who's the one paying to go to the stadiums, the T-shirts, etc? If they despised him as much as you would like us to believe they simply wouldn't buy it.

CM Punk - He appeals to your teenage crowd. He says the cutting edge things like "Vince McMahon should just go die" that adolescents are looking for.

Randy Orton - He appeals to the female audience due to his physic. Every time that man is on television my mother and sister will finally stop complaining and simply watch with fascination due to his physic. He appeals to children, and even appeals to adults due to his temperamental problems.

You've also got an extremely interesting dynamic behind Randy Orton that he has overcome a lot of things in his life such as the shame of going AWOL, drugs, and other bad decisions. He's overcome those things as a person which is simply phenomenal.

:lmao:

SmackDown's attendance has been low due to lack of Randy Orton according to the dirt sheets, but we still don't know this to be cold hard facts. Back up what you say, and prove it.

Just last year CM Punk was #1 in merchandise sales. As of February it was said that John Cena and CM Punk are virtually tied when it comes to merchandise sales. :shrug:

take a look at this its interesting. while it does not have links and might not be 100% accurate i thinks its probably close.

it talks about why the wwe is more profitable today. they run many more shows now and the y have more video sales are 2 big ones.

but it shows that the attendence is almost 2x as high on average in 2001 vs 2009.

http://mookieghana.livejournal.com/316157.html

I would like Cena to turn heel. Honestly Cena turning heel would be one of the best things that could happen wrestling wise. It opens a lot of doors storyline and character development wise.

The problem is that Cena turning heel is one of the worst things that could happen business wise. I don't like him as an in ring performer and his character is stale. He sells a ton of merch however, he sells tickets, he generates interest from kids and when kids goes to shows typically its their parents who take him, so the WWE is making money on two tickets. Plus look at all the charity work he does. How many times has Del Rio worked for Make-A-Wish? What about Kane? A majority of that would go out the door with a Cena heel turn. If you were a sick kid would you want the bad guy from TV to come visit you or would you want the good guy who usually prevails to visit?

Yeah at times it sucks that we are stuck with this version of Cena it seems, but once you accept it and accept that fact that Cena is a solid worker who can put on some good matches it really makes the product better. Don't embrace the hate.

Don't you get it? Cena will never turn heel. Cena brings in money, like loads. With these lil hats and shit, kids will buy it and that's how you make money. If he turned heel, kids wouldn't like him and that's no money. The adults wouldn't buy his stuff because they hate the guy so...if you leave him as he his then he will be bringing in money. Just don't expect him to be turning heel any time soon.

The only way a Cena heel turn works is in a Hogan type fashion. Where he flat admits he is SuperCena and there is not a damn thing anybody can do it about.

Having him drop a "pipe bomb" does not make sense because he does not need to do that. What is legitimate gripe would he have? Not being given fair opportunities? Not being given main events? Not being the top guy?

He can't complain about those things because he has had and still has all of them. The ONLY move he can make is against the fans for booing him and saying that he is simply better than everyone else and his record shows it ... period.

Have a couple other top tier talents join with him and it will work well, but they are still a LONG LONG way off from doing this because they just have too much money coming out of Cena as the top face.

You have to ask yourself what good a heel turn would do. Cena already has heat from people who find his act to be redundant, we already heard his idiotic mic work against The Rock. I wouldn't be surprised if they scraped the bottom of the creative barrel and tried to use a worked shoot promo of the same style as Punk's, but they seem to be stuck in creative limbo just pushing him as a guy who never gives up.

Another thing: Is Gewirtz still writing Cena's promos? I'm having a hard time not hating Cena when he says stupid shit like "The only thing anyone remembers (of Punk's title reign) is you blowing a kiss to Vince and walking out". Oh really, fans have to accept that unanswered accusation because it's all a part of the storyline? So Punk retaining at Elimination Chamber wasn't memorable, but Cena's shit match with Kane was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back