How would you execute a John Cena heel turn?

wrestlingislife

Dark Match Jobber
A Cena heel turn is a constantly talked about topic but, I believe that some people just don't understand how hard it would really be to turn Cena heel, I personally can not come up with a good idea that would turn Cena into a legitimate, believable heel character that he could be for a solid year or so and challenge the best babyfaces in the business. The reason I believe it would be so hard to turn John Cena heel and why WWE does not want to, is that his entire character that has been built over the past 10 years would be torn down. To be a strong heel, Cena really can't personify Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect anymore because it would go against the basic rules of being a heel, and then he wouldn't be a sustainable character. So, my challenge here is, which will be easy for some of you is to construct a Cena heel turn, where he has to turn heel by say night of champions this year, turn him into a sustainable heel character and walkthrough his major feuds during the run as a heel.

Now that they have a super OVER babyface champion in Daniel Bryan, it would be easy to turn him heel. The fact that each of them are with a Bella twin could add to the obvious "professional jealousy" angle.

Cena could "sabotage" Bryan's relationship with Brie by telling Nikki that he saw Daniel cheating on her sister, figuring that if Bryan is having personal issues, he'll be easy pickings to take the belt off of him. You could go so far as having Cena hire a woman to seduce Bryan, and getting the whole thing on camera. When it comes to light that Cena was manipulating stuff behind to scenes to fuck w/ Bryan, theres your heel turn.

It's not going to happen, but theres a way that it CAN happen.

The WWE wouldn't turn Cena heel. He loves kids and he wouldn't turn heel because it would mean he has to put kids aside, etc. Think about it.... The WWE universe might not like him, but he still wants to stay face.

If it was me, have him side with and then turn on Bryan. Have him and Bryan side together against the authority leading to some big match, say HHH/Orton vs Bryan/Cena. Part way through Cena just walks away causing Bryan to either lose or win but get beat down afterwards(I personally prefer the win as it shows Cena was not the only way to beat The Authority but the loss can work too). Next night Bryan calls out Cena and Cena flat out says that he was the backbone of this company for the past decade and now the fans have dumped him for Bryan but he is 10 times the man Bryan is. You then have Cena screw him over in matches for the next few months until finally they meet and Cena beats him but with a ton of interference from The Authority.

The key is not to have Cena beat him too early otherwise people will just give up as it is Cena being the champ again. You want Bryan to be established and kind of forced into a match because Cena just won't give up and keeps screwing up his matches, causing dq wins, etc. You also need Bryan to beat Cena in a non title match early on but maybe make is on a technicality so Cena can claim Bryan never truly beat him. The biggest thing though is wwe would need to commit and keep him heel for a few years, not just 6-12 months otherwise it is a waste.

John Cena turning heel is one of the most talked about things since 2010, everyone wants to see John Cena turn heel but until wwe has someone to replace him it won't even be thought of, and also until john cena's t shirt sales drops they will never do it, which means if cena ever turns heel it will happen after john cena is pretty much washed up and it will lose our interest.

It's like Sting vs Undertaker it should've happen 10 years ago,
But now it won't be the same cause both has passed their prime time, and this will be if cena turns heel in like 6 years, nobody will really care cause cena will be almost done we're have a new face of the company.

But to play along with this thread i personally say the time is now for john cena to turn heel, it just makes sense the wwe universe has turned their backs in him, and he should come out at extreme rules and attack daniel bryan after their match, in the process this would push daniel bryan number 1 spot, and john cena could have a heel run for a few months and then change back and feud with HHH at Summerslam.

It would be perfect, and it wouldn't hurt any sales cause people would buy daniel bryan shirts instead of cena's shirts & hats and stuff.

The Only Problem is that there's so many make a wish's for john cena and i just can't imagine him being heel while being a part of it.

Even just for a couple of months cena turning heel could cost wwe alot of fans, you gotta remeber kids believe wwe is real, so if john cena turns heel they may not wanna watch it again and wwe could self destruct themselves.

Can't turn Cena heel because he hasn't been replaced. Hogan could be turned because they had Sting, who was highly profitable. Bret could be turned because they had Austin, who was selling t-shirts hand-over-fist. There's no one to step in for Cena: Punk was big but just not big enough, and he didn't have the look. Bryan's staying power is unproven, and he also doesn't have the look. Looking good on posters and chat shows is essential, and as far as I can tell nobody does it like Cena. Nobody is as naturally photogenic and marketable.

Cena is already a heel and has been for quite some time. He gets more boos than most heels. There's no reason for a "turn" because he already gets the desired heat necessary for a successful heel. He just happens to sell a lot of merchandise, kind of like the nWo used to.

Also, I don't think WWF would have ever turned Hulk Hogan heel. I know, he returned as Hollywood Hogan at No Way Out and was supposed to be a heel, but it sure didn't last long. Austin only turned heel because Rock was around and strongly insisted on creating a "moment" at Wrestlemania XVII. Of course, we all remember how that went, right?

I'm not sure it could work, either. Here's the thing - the Cena crowd dynamic is pretty much like this right now: The men boo Cena, the women and children cheer. If Cena turned heel, what would happen? The women and children would boo (mostly the children). But the dudes? They would be like: "FINALLY! Been waiting for that for AGES! At long last Cena is interesting again." Basically, the crowd dynamic would do a complete 180, with the kids booing and the guys cheering. He would probably get more cheers than before. And how confusing would that be? Imagine explaining to a non-wrestling-nerd-friend that Cena is getting louder cheers now because they finally turned him into a bad guy... :shrug:

I actually raised my eyebrows last Monday when Cena started RAW by whining like a little bitch about how the fans "turned their backs on him" and had decided that they would rather get him beat up than give him a fighting chance. I said to my buddy right then: "If it was anyone other than Cena I would say they are teasing an impending heel turn."

And maybe that's how they should do it: Make him a WHINER and complainer. Not a bad ass tough heel, but a coward and a diva (not the WWE kind). Do it subtly, like right now that he is showing signs of fear. Run with that. Have him back out of a fight here and there, as if he's lost his spirit. And then, eventually, out of desperation, he cheats to win. I would say that one Daniel Bryan would need to drop the title to him in the process. Immediately afterwards he Cena somehow dodges any attempt of Bryan's to get a rematch until eventually it is plain obvious that he is scared.
That's the only way I think it would have any sort of chance.

I personally would love to see John Cena turn heel, but lets face it, it probably won't happen for a few years. Even Daniel Bryan is nowhere near ready to replace John Cena and Bray Wyatt is a heel and that type of heel could never represent the company despite being outstanding on the mic and as a character. So who do they have to replace him? where do WWE get that money from a Cena heel turn? you have to think smartly, almost like a businessman and forget to be a fan when you talk about Cena turning heel.

Lets look at it this way, when he finally does go heel and maybe it won't be for a while but it will be HUGE when it happens, that my friend is a guarandamtee! It could be Extreme Rules or it could be WrestleMania 31!

It is well documented that John Cena gets polarizing reactions. WWE always says that. Translated that means "fans under 12 and women love him, everyone else hates him". The best thing to come out of this whole Cena/Wyatt feud is the possibility of Cena turning heel. I HATE Bray Wyatt and don't get this whole IWC worship of him. But WWE have the opportunity to use it to justify a smart heel turn as opposed to the usual WWE turn where it makes little sense and seems to have been strictly impulsive. Cena's facial reactions and non-verbals last week on RAW were great when he was questioning the "WWE Universe" as to why they'd put him against the entire Wyatt Family. That storyline writes itself. If I were booking it, I'd keep having these poll type of matches and each time have Cena put against impossible odds. Eventually, Cena gets pissed off about always being placed in no win situations and each week he'd get more and more aggressively hostile towards fans to the point where he doesn't care anymore. I think Cena summed it up nicely when he said "you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain". Great line to use especially if the heel turn is coming. I'll believe a Cena heel turn when I see it though and I doubt WWE want to risk tainting their poster boy and number one merch seller.

John Cena turning heel THIS YEAR is very possible. I can see it happening after his feud with Bray Wyatt. How I see this happening is him blaming the fans for losing the match due to lack of support. This may sound far-fetched because he has confessed countless times enjoying the CENA SUCKS chants. But the difference between the past and now is that he is slowly turning rogue against the WWE Universe by how he's been communicating with them lately.

Complaining to the WWE Universe for voting to a handicap match rather than single's competition. That was the 1st sign to me. Later on, him complaining about how they SING along with Bray Wyatt. The hints are very clear. John will live long enough to be the villain. Not die as a hero. If he does officially turn heel as I'd expect him to, I'd appreciate him switching back to his original gimmick. Chances are very slim that it happens but I'd rather see an entertaining gimmick for a heel than something were not too familiar with. Something we may or may not like.

A John Cena heel turn is constantly talked about, though I've honestly never seen a good reason for starting one.

I've already rambled on the many reasons for why I think that it would make absolutely no sense from a financial standpoint, so I'll just make with the idea already.

John has a really bad year in 2015. John is challenging the current WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania XXXI and he sees this moment as a new beginning for himself and the Cenation. Just cuts promos saying that he isn't abandoning his fans, but that he needs to take his game to the next level to compete with all of these bright new superstars.

During the match a young man decked out in Cenation gear jumps the barricade and attacks John's opponent. John admonishes the fan and demands that they leave right now, the fan screams "I hate you!" or something which visibly spooks John. Later John gives up a semi-clean win to his opponent and congratulates his opponent after the match.

The next night on Raw John asks if he can please speak to the young man backstage. John explains in a calm tone that "don't try this at home" isn't just a slogan and that the rules for fans are put in place for their own safety. The fan gives John a dirty look and slowly removes all of his Cena gear before saying something like "All you see are dollar signs John. Just dollar signs" before storming off. John gives a cold stare as the show cuts to commercial.

The next week on Raw, John announces that he's going to do something special. John is going to give away free John Cena merchandise, and the crowd goes wild. HHH's music hits and HHH storms to the ring. John explains that he doesn't want his fans to just look like a bunch of dollar signs and that he really wants to help spread the joy of the Cenation. HHH explains that it's petty of John to just give away free merchandise when it doesn't truly affect John's bottom line, and that if John really wants to impress his fans he should just go without his salary for a month. John agrees, and reluctantly has to tell the fans that it seems that he can't offer his merchandise for free after all as that's decided by the marketing branch and he's very sorry for misleading anyone.

The next week on Raw, John is scheduled to compete in a rematch for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. John doesn't show up, prompting HHH to come to the ring and explain that John hadn't invested his earnings properly and due to forgoing his month's salary he couldn't afford transportation to the arena. John leaves a kayfabe Youtube video or Tout explaining that he's very sorry, that it won't happen again.

The next week on Raw John is scheduled to compete in a six man tag team match, but is once again late to the Arena. The match plays out and John's team loses due to having to fight in a 3 on 2 handicapped match. John arrives ten seconds after the match was over, only to be attacked by his angry team-mates.

The next week on Raw, John pleads to HHH to reinstate his salary. HHH comes to the ring and show sarcastic interest in Cena's request. HHH throws out a kayfabe number like $10 million a year that John had supposedly been making while his co-workers had been making so much less and that even HHH barely makes that much. HHH explains that things have been so much better for the WWE since they've been saving money by having John work for free, but he'll reinstate John's salary if he defeats HHH at Extreme Rules in Hell in a Cell. John accepts.

At Extreme Rules, John comes to the ring without his usual entrance as that would be considered part of his salary reinstatement. The crowd shows less jubilation due to John's entrance being that of him simply walking to the ring. John grabs a mic and insults the crowd for demanding that he play a character while not appreciating his talents in the ring, John then attacks HHH with the microphone cutting his forehead open. John's match with HHH shows a more brutal side to John and makes the fans wonder if his motivation is the pride of his fame or the greed of his salary. John eventually wins after a blood bath involving nearly every weapon available.

The next night on Raw, John's music hits before being abruptly cut off. John comes out with a mic saying "Oh?! You don't like that?! Well how about THIS?!" and his new music hits playing a dis track to the WWE fanbase. Stephanie comes to the ring and explains that while she's had problems with the WWE fans before, John shouldn't mock them for buying a seat as that's crazy. John retorts that he was crazy to ever think that his job was ever about the fans, that everyone works for one thing and that's money.

John becomes the next incarnation of The Million Dollar Man. Yeah, that's the best I could do. I still say that making John a heel is a horrible idea.

A John Cena heel turn is constantly talked about, though I've honestly never seen a good reason for starting one.

I've already rambled on the many reasons for why I think that it would make absolutely no sense from a financial standpoint, so I'll just make with the idea already.

John has a really bad year in 2015. John is challenging the current WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania XXXI and he sees this moment as a new beginning for himself and the Cenation. Just cuts promos saying that he isn't abandoning his fans, but that he needs to take his game to the next level to compete with all of these bright new superstars.

During the match a young man decked out in Cenation gear jumps the barricade and attacks John's opponent. John admonishes the fan and demands that they leave right now, the fan screams "I hate you!" or something which visibly spooks John. Later John gives up a semi-clean win to his opponent and congratulates his opponent after the match.

The next night on Raw John asks if he can please speak to the young man backstage. John explains in a calm tone that "don't try this at home" isn't just a slogan and that the rules for fans are put in place for their own safety. The fan gives John a dirty look and slowly removes all of his Cena gear before saying something like "All you see are dollar signs John. Just dollar signs" before storming off. John gives a cold stare as the show cuts to commercial.

The next week on Raw, John announces that he's going to do something special. John is going to give away free John Cena merchandise, and the crowd goes wild. HHH's music hits and HHH storms to the ring. John explains that he doesn't want his fans to just look like a bunch of dollar signs and that he really wants to help spread the joy of the Cenation. HHH explains that it's petty of John to just give away free merchandise when it doesn't truly affect John's bottom line, and that if John really wants to impress his fans he should just go without his salary for a month. John agrees, and reluctantly has to tell the fans that it seems that he can't offer his merchandise for free after all as that's decided by the marketing branch and he's very sorry for misleading anyone.

The next week on Raw, John is scheduled to compete in a rematch for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. John doesn't show up, prompting HHH to come to the ring and explain that John hadn't invested his earnings properly and due to forgoing his month's salary he couldn't afford transportation to the arena. John leaves a kayfabe Youtube video or Tout explaining that he's very sorry, that it won't happen again.

The next week on Raw John is scheduled to compete in a six man tag team match, but is once again late to the Arena. The match plays out and John's team loses due to having to fight in a 3 on 2 handicapped match. John arrives ten seconds after the match was over, only to be attacked by his angry team-mates.

The next week on Raw, John pleads to HHH to reinstate his salary. HHH comes to the ring and show sarcastic interest in Cena's request. HHH throws out a kayfabe number like $10 million a year that John had supposedly been making while his co-workers had been making so much less and that even HHH barely makes that much. HHH explains that things have been so much better for the WWE since they've been saving money by having John work for free, but he'll reinstate John's salary if he defeats HHH at Extreme Rules in Hell in a Cell. John accepts.

At Extreme Rules, John comes to the ring without his usual entrance as that would be considered part of his salary reinstatement. The crowd shows less jubilation due to John's entrance being that of him simply walking to the ring. John grabs a mic and insults the crowd for demanding that he play a character while not appreciating his talents in the ring, John then attacks HHH with the microphone cutting his forehead open. John's match with HHH shows a more brutal side to John and makes the fans wonder if his motivation is the pride of his fame or the greed of his salary. John eventually wins after a blood bath involving nearly every weapon available.

The next night on Raw, John's music hits before being abruptly cut off. John comes out with a mic saying "Oh?! You don't like that?! Well how about THIS?!" and his new music hits playing a dis track to the WWE fanbase. Stephanie comes to the ring and explains that while she's had problems with the WWE fans before, John shouldn't mock them for buying a seat as that's crazy. John retorts that he was crazy to ever think that his job was ever about the fans, that everyone works for one thing and that's money.

John becomes the next incarnation of The Million Dollar Man. Yeah, that's the best I could do. I still say that making John a heel is a horrible idea.

And yet, that's a pretty damn entertaining idea.

The thing about turning Cena heel is that they'd need a really strong face to go up against him. Take Cena away and who do you have? Perhaps Bryan if booked properly. Aside from him, I can't think of too many faces that could go against a heel Cena

I still think a major set up to a Summerslam, or Wrestlemania is the way to go. Set up John Cena to a major match at the big PPV and have him do the unthinkable for his true fans. Make him tap out on the big stage and he finally gives up for the first time.

He then cannot handle it and from there Cena could handle the flack. Imagine the unstoppable Heel John Cena Superman who is fighting to regain the identity that he lost. Great story to tell.

Won't happen for a while at least. They need to find the guy to not only take over as "the man" but be able to start out performing Cena in the merchandise department. If anyone ever outsells Cena, then maybe it could happen. I actually thought that promo last Monday was built on an interesting idea. Cena blamed the fans for getting put in a 3 on 1 match. He blamed the fans. We have never seen that before from Super Cena. Somewhere down the line, if he ever does turn, that's it. Have some sort of vote that puts him in an unfair situation. He comes out asking "Why? Did I really deserve that? I have given you people everything for over a decade and you do that to me. Well guess what, I'm done with all of you. I finally see it's useless to try and keep you people cheering. You wanna boo me, than boo me. I'm going to do the one thing I've been doing since day one, and that's proving I'm the best by being the WWE Champion!"

If you were going to do it before Night of Champions this year (which obviously won't happen) than Bray Wyatt is the ticket. He keeps up his mind games, Cena gets mad that even the kids have been turned against him, and boom. He turns heel and away we go!

At this point all Cena has to do is walk out, verbally turn his back on the fans and walk out, it would be simple, effective and at this point (especially with the Bray storyline) it would be so easy. So many fans boo Cena right now as it is that he could really do anything to become a heel and it would just work.

Personally, I would like it to be completely out of left field, all the groundwork for the heel turn is already there at this point so if it's gonna happen I would definitely go with the element of surprise instead of some big production, I think at the end of the day it would be more effective that way instead of building a storyline around him becoming a heel because it's simply not needed.

I don't expect Cena to turn heel anytime soon but if/when he ever does turn heel there's no need to make it some huge production, when John Cena turns heel he will be the top bad guy in the WWE without question, no one would be able to touch him and the reason is already there, he just needs to come out and say it.

When will pepole understand this: Cena is not the hero in the feud between Wyatt and himself he is the f***ing heel!

So basically you do not need him to do the turn all you need is that he would know and start being a heel and not the fan favorite that he thinks he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back