So, when does CM Punk drop another "Pipe Bomb"?

I am Mr. Excitement

Occasional Pre-Show
It might just be me but, I feel like it's only a matter of time before Punk drops another controversial pipe bomb. Wether it's a shoot or just a regular promo. If you remember his promo shoot from last year he mentioned the names like Paul Haymen and Brock Lesnar and look where they are both at now. He could maybe bring the promo back up and re-edited it per-say and just add more to it. Punk's charcter has obviously changed and he's become more of a heel than a tweener as you all like to call it. He's obviously not the same Punk as last year. He's become a whinny, self-centered, bitchy heel. He is good at being a heel don't get me wrong. But if Punk does drop another controversial "Pipe Bomb" the WWE universe will be going crazy once again.

My prediction is if he loses the title at SummerSlam to John Cena he's gonna go off the next night on RAW. Basically he's gonna spill the beans and pretty much say how John Cena has hogged the spot light as well as The Rock and people don't respect him anymore like they should. He will probably say more than what i think. But who knows what he'll say.

Give me your thoughts and predictions on if you think Punk will drop another "Pipe Bomb".

Would you like to see it? How should it be done? Do you even think he will do another "Pipe Bomb"?
Thoughts, opinions, etc..

I don't see it happening on the same level, or with the same impact. More likely I think we'll see a few more of the style where he confronted Jerry Lawler sitting on the announce table. I guess it depends on how Summerslam pans out...

As you said yourself, Punk isn't the same character he was a year ago. WWE really captured lightning in a bottle with the original Pipebomb Promo.

If he does lose the title to Cena, I can see his promo being along the lines of your typical whining, bitchy heel, as in "it's not fair, no respect, Cena gets top billing over me, part time stars get opportunities at my title, B.W.I.T.W etc etc" rather than a legitimate pipebomb.

If he retains at Summerslam, what's there to gain from a pipebomb unless they plan to keep Punk working with Cena a little while longer? Even then, I still see the promo panning out as mentioned above if he loses...

Give me your thoughts and predictions on if you think Punk will drop another "Pipe Bomb".

I'm not sure you can plan these types of things. Austin 3:16 was not a planned event, the original "pipebomb" wasn't either, and unless partnered with the right people it's very difficult to just go out there and drop a "pipebomb."

That being said, Punk dropped a nice little promo a few weeks back when talking about Jerry Lawler and what not. Has Punk remained the voice of the voiceless? No, he hasn't.

Would you like to see it?

If you're asking me would I like to see an awesome - year defining promo being dropped on Monday night? Yes, and I think everyone would agree to that. You make it sound so simple and easy though. Face it, the probability of that happening is unlikely.

Name me one other promo Punk dropped last year off the top of your head. I'll honestly be surprised if you can. I certainly can't. That's why it was a pipebomb.

You can't plan these types of events. You can't say "Hey, go ahead and write a promo that's going to be year defining." That kind of thing just, happens.

I would love to see a new one but with his character now it wouldn't work i don't think it would have the same effect as when he did the pipebomb last year it came out of no where we were not expecting it party because he wan't main event at the time tbh he was mid -upper card. It is his austin 3:16 moment it can not be repeated and if he loses to cena tonight tomorrow then a pipebomb expected so it would ruin it

The pipe bomb moment last year came completely out of the blue,which was why it was so successful. It's a one-off. If you're looking at Punk expecting him to drop another "pipe bomb",then when that moment finally comes,you'll feel nothing but underwhelmed. I think short of destroying Cena as a person (e.g. Calling him out on his infidelity),any "pipe bomb" promo he does will look scripted(even though the original pipe bomb was planned as well,just that no one expected it). You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

As a matter of fact,many recent wrestling moments have felt somewhat underwhelming because fans like us have debated and discussed possible swerves and have been somewhat expecting it. I for one have been waiting for Cena to turn heel for about 3-4 months now,so I know I won't be as shocked if or when Cena does turn heel because I've been braced for that for a while now.

I really to feel sad for all the CM punk marks. They were really expecting CM punk to act like the next stone cold. Saying what he wants, doing what he wants. That was just a simple solution to keep CM punk under the roster. Now Punk I am sure was all on board with the pipe bombs until the fans decided to cheer him like a face then the wwe tried to uphold that and make CM punk a yes man.
If Cm punk really had a set he would do it anyways, but then he would lose his title, lose his appeal and then fall back tot he mid card like the cm punk of old.

Pipe bombs were just a way to get him noticed fast. Simply put if on monday JTG came out and drop 5-10 pipe bombs the fans would be all over him like white on rice. The fans would be up in arms and loving the guy even though he is a hot pile of ryback shit now. FEED ME....what comes next. I don't care who teh person who the fans think is breaking kayfabe whoever does it gets the fans attention. SCSA did it and it worked, DX did it and it worked, NWO, The Rock, Cm Punk whoever does it gets there name big. Zack Ryder could learn from this and make better videos

CM punk is about to lose his title and he then becomes just another roster guy, unless he gets linked with Heyman,cabana and Lesnar.

He won't be doing another promo on the scale of his "pipe-bomb" last year. It annoys me when i see people constantly suggesting punk keep doing shoot promo's where he exposes everyone in the back akin to his massive promo last year. A large part of what made his shoot promo last year so special was the fact that it was the first time in years(Paul Heyman and Joey Styles are the only others that spring to mind) that someone had done a shoot promo. If you have Punk or anyone else for that matter regularly doing shoots then it loses it's novelty. It becomes less special in the same way hell in a cell has become somewhat less special since it became a yearly event.

Now a "year defining" promo could be just around the corner but like Milkyway said you can't plan for something like that to happen. The WWE would love to be able to simply write a ground breaking promo whenever they wanted to generate a huge buzz but it simply doesn't work like that. Im sure Vince and all the other guys in the WWE were just as shocked as we were at how things took off for punk after "that" promo.

A brilliant promo could just be a raw away, im willing to bet my house that the next huge promo isn't a shoot promo though.

They should let him do another worked shoot pipe bomb on the day he retires, which he said in a recent interview he didn't want to talk specifics because how soon it's coming would "depress the hell out of everyone."

That's how Punk should go out. Not with a win or a loss, but on his own terms on the mic.

I think punk needs to come out and do another pipebomb as soon as possible. don't get me wrong i think punk is a great wrestler and even better on the mic. Its just that I think punk has lost a lot of the momentum that he once had. after he droped the pipebomb he went on a great run. It was like you were watching the rise off the new stone cold. But the last few months all that momentum he had just seemed vanish. after austin came out with austin 3:16 it was a shock. but it did not stop there. I Know it was the attitude era but there is still a lot more that he could do to shock people while still keeping it pg.

It might just be me but, I feel like it's only a matter of time before Punk drops another controversial pipe bomb.

It's just you and it comes from a guy who has a CM Punk Avatar and a CM Punk Signature.

Would you like to see it? How should it be done?

Hell yeah, I'd like to see it, but it should be done to knock us off our guards. It would definitely NOT be as surprising as last year's, but it should still be surprising nonetheless.

Do you even think he will do another "Pipe Bomb"?

As much as I'd love to see another Pipe Bomb from Punk, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. He's already on the top of the food chain, what more could he ask for (aside from those much-beloved WWE Ice Cream Bars)? Oh right, he wants the spotlight to be on the WWE Champion: Him. The only way that I could see another Pipe Bomb from him is if he loses his WWE Title, but not necessarily at Summerslam.

I really feel sad for all the CM Punk Marks. They were really expecting CM Punk to act like the next Stone Cold. Saying what he wants, doing what he wants. That was just a simple solution to keep CM Punk under the roster. Now Punk I am sure was all on board with the Pipe Bombs until the fans decided to cheer him like a face then the WWE tried to uphold that and make CM Punk a Yes Man.

Yeah, I was really expecting Punk to be the next true rebel who would challenge the authority: John Laurinaitis, the man who he first called out. In fact, I was one of the many hopefuls who wanted him to feud with Big Johnny during the latter's time as GM, ushering in the new Austin-McMahon-esque Feud. It's a shame SuperCena had to takeover that feud, which was a major letdown.

It's just you and it comes from a guy who has a CM Punk Avatar and a CM Punk Signature.
Yea I love how my avatar is a pair of tits which= CM Punk and my signiture is from a Chris Jericho promo?

And its not just me even Jim Ross the man, the myth, the legend, and the best commentator of all time even said. And i quote. "Some fans demanding @CMPunk to have another pipebomb promo will likely get one down the road but Cincy wasn't the time nor the place. I thought Punk had a great night on air and his verbal jousting with @Jerry Lawler entertained me". Jim Ross has the right to actually say he will likely do another pipe bomb instead of me and all of you other marks, because us fans don't know jack shit compared to JR. It's really the only way CM Punk can live up to his own hype as the best wrestler in the world. Also, another reason why he will drop another pipe bomb is because before Punk turned on The Rock Eve Mendes was saying how a year ago he was droping a pipe bomb on the WWE universe etc, etc. He himself even mentioned it in a promo saying a year ago he dropped a pipe bomb and he hasent changed. So another one is obviously not out of the books. Hey atleast I can say it's more likely than a John Cena heel turn.

I think you guys are a little crazy. I dont get the whole "pipe bomb" concept. Its just telling the obvious truth. Plus bombs explode- CM Punk didnt take off the way people thought he would. Ratings stayed the same. You want to seem some promos that really exploded like bombs- check out the Rock joining the Nation, or Scott Hall invading WCW for the first time, or Austin winning the KOTR. All of those promos exploded into something. Punk's did not.

Oh Lord, here we go. You know what drove Andy Kaufman insane? Audience members heckling him with "DO FOREIGN GUY!"

Punk's shoot killed, that's a fact. Now he's just trying to be a team player and let his ring work speak for his right to be one of the top guys. I don't find his act boring at all and I see no reason for him to lash out like he did back then.

Some fans, who have the attention span of a gnat, want to over-indulge and get their fix of a controversial moment. You can't ask for something that would only be interesting if it happened when you weren't expecting it.

Another pipe-bomb would be fucking fabulous, but don't act like there's nothing to appreciate without one.

I don't even know how it lost all of it's momentum.

Was it Punk losing to HHH?

- Don't know about this - because he won the title right after and has held it for 9 months

Is Punk just not being as marketable as Steve Austin?

- Austin 3:16 turned into a catchphrase and t-shirts. Every promo The Rock gave he seemed to come up with a new catchphrase for fans to pop to and chant along with him.

Was it Punk turning face and then being booked as a cookie-cutter white meat babyface?

- I think if they just kept booking Punk as a heel, and let him say what he wants, similar to his promos on Nash and HHH, he could have kept this momentum up. That's what got Austin so over. He was still booked as a heel vs. Bret Hart after KOTR 96 - and his heel antics eventually got cheered for. He didn't become the next Bret Hart. The same thing started with Punk, but then it just stopped.

Is it the WWE afraid to just be slightly edgy?

The new heel punk - while more interesting to me than face Punk - still cookie cutter and in no way as interesting as last year.

Does anyone really know the answer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back