• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk/Chris Jericho Segment From Monday Night

I am Mr. Excitement

Occasional Pre-Show
I know that this is probably a random thread, but I think its worth discussing about. First off Chris Jericho's promo was GOLD. I mean it was not his best promo work but it was one of the best hes done in my opinion. Most everything he said was true except for the point he made about Kofi. He rambeled on about how people copy him and how he is the best in the world at everything he does, of course he mentions CM Punk being the worst wannabe stealing his gimmick all of that etc.. CM Punk comes out to a pretty good pop, Walks to the ring with his pipe bomb in hand. When hes in the ring he doesnt say a word, he then raises the belt, turns around and walks away. This is obviously the start of a great fued that will build up to WrestleMania 28.

That's basically it, give me ur opinions and discuss.

Basically just exactly what WWE needed to reassure fans that this will be a good feud. I thought they blew after the rumble and jericho just came out and attacked punk. I had every thought that this was going to be just a normal feud. But put Jericho on the mic, and he can carry anyone. This feud now has the potential to be a great one and the match will have a good chance at stealing the show at wrestlemania. Also, i feel like we are going to see a lot of copy cat bullshit like stealing finishers, catchphrases etc. Which is fine by me because I love that, its always amusing when anyone steals a finisher. But seriously, all in all, Jericho's promo saved the feud and Punk trolling Jericho with the point to his shirt was also good.

This promo was FANTASTIC! I loved that Punk didnt say anything. Eventually we are going to one fantastic back and forth promo between the two but it should not be untill a few weeks before WM. I am actually curious if Jericho may win the title at EC. im pretty sure he isnt/cant win at WM because Y2J isnt gonna be around long. So I think they should put the title on him at some point while he is here. I just think it will hurt his legacy if he comes back for a while but never wins the title. I can see Jericho winning the title in some cheap way at EC (maybe Punk eliminates someone then gets knocked out when Jericho enters the match and Punk is already knocked out for him to pin.) either way I can see him winnning at EC then losing to Punk at Mania.

Should be a fantastic fued. Just that little bit of RAW when Jericho and Punk were in the ring and punk held the title up gave me goosebumps. This is going to be a great fued.

RAW_976.jpg

i thought it was a brilliant promo.. the way jericho actually explained why he was back (even though we all knew), to the point where punk came out and basically gave jericho a taste of his own medicine by not saying a word. wwe actually did something right lol.
i look forward to seeing this unfold and see the promos the two of them do together. punk as we all know is one of the best on the mic, and basically says what he likes, but the thing about all the pipebombs etc, there hasnt been some to actually counter what punk says... thats where jericho comes in, who is also one of the best on the mic, and also says what he feels. the promos leading up to the match are going to be amazing imo, cant wait to see it start.
as for elimination chamber, my first thought after jericho not winning the rumble was that he would win the chamber..but then what does he have to prove to punk? punk would get his automatic rematch at mania and thats the way they build it? it would be a bit of a let down, to me, if that was the way they did it but i guess we'll soon see.
either way, punk vs jericho is set in stone for mania now..cant wait to see it!

i also liked that segment... what i liked was everything he said is true he threw kofi in there because he is in the match at EC. What i liked was we all know jericho's phrase is im the best in the world at what i do... cm punk cant really debate that...he took the best in the world motto and made it his signature.

punk raising the belt pretty much says...you may have been the best but you left now im the best in the world right now because im the wwe champ, this sets up a who is truely the best in the world match...

i am looking fwd to seeing these two have a verbal feud ...can cm punk one up chris jericho on the mic....not unless jericho lets it happen....kinda like how he played into the rocks catch phrases on his original debut...im looking fwd to there promos more than im looking fwd to the match.

Having jericho win the EC would be the best way to make this a mania match. Especially if they make jericho beat punk with the gts.

nb: miz got so exposed...so did dolph to an extent because everyone knows vicki's character is derived from steph mcmahon... he is better off taking some time off or staying off the mic til jericho decides to go back on tour or promote his new book or something.

cm punk is at the top of his game...chris jericho is always on the top of his game...this match might actually steal the show...cena vs rock,,,hhh verses under taker...those 2 r just attraction matches those cant touch cm punk jericho...the pic with punk and jericho looks like such a classic moment.

Great promo from Jericho. And most of it was the truth. They just did a silent promo with Triple H and Undertaker last week. So I wasn't thrilled with Punk doing the same thing. But I understand why they did...they need to wait until after the elimination chamber to really start cutting promos together.

Jericho has to win the title at EC for this feud to make sense. I think he will now that he is last to enter the chamber.

The promo was nothing special, but I think CM Punk made it what it was.

Unfortunately I'm in the minority where I don't think Chris Jericho is a god and everything he does is mind-blowing and perfection, and his promo last night was nothing fresh or new to be considered 'FANTASTIC". It may seem new because god forbid WWE's star power and promo work has pretty much fallen 90% since 2005, but don't forget, Chris Jericho did this style of promo for months and months collectively before leaving WWE recently. It's already stale in my opinion. I've seen it too many times before. He's lucky on his resume he is an awesome promo worker and is talented for the most part in the ring. I just will never call that promo amazing, it just was not.

But again like I said, the reason this makes for an A+ feud is because of who he's fighting it with. CM Punk, an amazing promo worker, a very good in ring talent who is somebody of equal talent with Jericho. Both have "egos", both are very good at what they do, both have clashing gimmicks which will make every bit of their rivalry incredibly interesting, and honestly, this can be one of the more interesting feuds of the last 4-5 years.

I love it. I just do not like seeing a simple quick promo from Jericho (similar to everything he's done in his most recent WWE run) be considered "FANTASTIC", because it's not. Though, the feud will be "FANTASTIC".

It was definitely one of the best promos I've seen in a long time and one of Jericho's best. I remember watching it thinking to myself that it would be one of those unforgettable promos like Jericho's interaction with Rock in his debut, just classic Jericho and ofcourse throw Punk in there and you have an epic moment. It was the perfect way to give everyone a taste of what they'll get in their feud and anyone who was not excited by it either wasn't paying attention or doesn't know what a good promo is. If they keep giving us gold like this in their interactions then this could easily become one of the best rivalries of all time, it's already one of mine.

JERICHO IS THE MAN. Once again he showed how to cut a rock solid promo... and he even had to wrap up WHY he was back in the WWE, after weeks of trolling (and THAT was awesome as well)!!
CM Punk coming out and mocking Y2J was classic. Even made more so by Jericho's bitching about him not saying anything. If Jericho simply stared him down it wouldn't have been as effective. But the whining?? Classic.
I would LOVE it if Jericho won by some sneaky means at EC, because to me it works better for the "face" to chase the title for a while (although WM28 is soon after) and have the big payoff at a major PPV. Chris can do his bragging and taunting at CM Punk for a few weeks...
I don't think Jericho is leaving straight after WM?? Something tells me that he will stick around for a while. I mean, if you actually look at the tour dates for Fozzy, he has one gig BEFORE WM28, 1 date in all of April, 1 week in May, 2 dates in August and then nothing until October. Chris said he is cutting a new album but he doesn't have to leave the WWE to do that-he's worked both before. So don't buy into the hype that he might leave after WM. He just might be champion for a few months and then loos at Summerslam?? COULD happen...
Peace Out!
Juju

Jericho vs Punk needs that Austin/Rock once in a lifetime build up if the WWE does not make a point of only Cena/Rock is the entire center of WM 28 and too much focus is taken away from the WWE title. Jericho can deliver epic promos even if he loses a step or two, Punk has a injured arm, but he still can make it a match for the ages and of course the best promo guy in the E right now. That is my one concern is even though Cena/Rock is a "dream match" per say make the WWE title match be the solid #2 match. Yes, you have Takers 20th WM match clearly it will be important due to the streak keep it important, but don't have it overshadow Punk/Jericho because all it does is downplay the importance and diminishes the WWE title...

The segment was OK. Punk not saying anything was a nice touch. I guess I just have a problem with some of the things he said because I know he truly believes them. Best in the World? So what? Daniel Bryan was claiming the same thing in ROH. And for the rest, Jericho was clearly the first wrestler to do the boston crab and act cocky.

The segment was a tad lackluster for me, but I'm not worried because it will be a great feud and I know their promos will deliver.

I thought the segment was pretty well done by both CM Punk and Chris Jericho. If anything, it proves how well this feud will go down and what a show they'll put on in and outside of the ring leading up to Wrestlemania XXVIII. Chris Jericho doesn’t actually believe all of those Superstars are stealing his ideas, just Punk. I believe Jericho didn't want to kick start the feud with Punk just yet so he mentioned all of his opponents in the Elimination Chamber. Jericho and Punk feuding over who is the rightful own of the Best in the World moniker should make for an entertaining ride. I'm thrilled Jericho finally broke his silence too. There was only so much he could do with that and the WWE and Jericho nailed it perfectly. I’m excited for next week’s Raw - which means they did their job.

I m psyched for this feud, not only because we have two 'best in the world' performers clashing, but also this feud will cement CM Punk as a permanent money main eventer, not that he is not already one.

I wasn't as high on the first part of Jericho's promo as others seem to be. It was definitely good, but I've seen better from Jericho and even Punk. Now when Punk came out, I was saying to myself that he shouldn't say a damn word. When he didn't, I thought that was awesome. The only thing I would change about Punk's part is, instead of turning around and sort of daring him to hit him, he should've pointed to the "Best in the world" statement on the back of his shirt, just to rub it in.

When Punk walked out I thought Jericho's reaction was priceless though.

Basically just exactly what WWE needed to reassure fans that this will be a good feud. I thought they blew after the rumble and jericho just came out and attacked punk. I had every thought that this was going to be just a normal feud.

:rolleyes: Seriously? We're this impatient these days that we can't wait and see how things develop? So many feuds start out with people "attacking someone else", or something else simple. You have to have a starting point. It doesn't need to have that "wow" factor the first week in.

Think back to what was likely Jericho's best feud, with HBK. It started with no pizzazz, just Jericho casually suggesting Michaels was feigning a leg injury. It seemed pretty run-of-the-mill, right?

That is, until Jericho put Michaels through the Jeritron, damaged HBK's eye, and punched his wife in the face. Give it time to develop. You liked what you saw Monday, and the best is assuredly yet to come.

Anyway, yeah, this was a nice start. Both men know how to work a feud and antagonize better then most, and this was evident Monday night. Jericho, in his over the top manner, went after other Superstars verbally in a rediculous manner, as well as the audience. Punk came out, and mocked Jericho himself by dropping the mic and just showing off his shirt and his belt. This was a very good segment in Week Two of their apparent feud. It was nothing that wowed me, but it doesn't need to. They're still in the opening stages, and I expect things to get even better as it progresses. It's Jericho and Punk, how can it not?

The best thing about this segment is that we all know that CM Punk is a huge comic book fan and the whole "best in the world at what I do" thing that Jericho was saying was stolen straight off of Wolverine from the X Men. So they can both make their cases in that feud. I liked the segment the other day. Its obvious this is a wrestlemania feud so you didnt want a segment that just wipes out the elimination chamber and glosses over the other four competitors.

I still want to know who "she" is. This is one of my many unanswered questions.

But as for the segment, 4.9 out of 5. It was exactly what we needed!

I really enjoyed the segment and look forward to the next few weeks leading up to Wrestlemania. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jericho sneak a victory in at the Elimination Chamber. Jericho is upset about Punk and other stars copying him and Punk claiming he is "the best in the world". If this feud is given enough time it could possibly be hotter then The Rock vs. Cena and it could even be one of the best feuds of the year if done right.

Posts like this are what's wrong with wrestling fans today. They complain about no long term fueds, they get one, and, BOOM "I WANTED MORE IT WAS BORINGZZZZ". The first shot fired in a fued that has over 60 days to last.

Sit back and enjoy it. Let the story build.

/End

I like the fact that WWE is building things slowly between Y2J and Punk. Y2J did not even single out Punk during his bitchfest. It looked like Y2J was just taking out his frustrations which have no doubt been magnified by his inability to win the Rumble. He had some good lines there but the one that stood out for me was "I am the best in the world at what I do and I do not need to put on a T-Shirt to prove it." Classic Jericho right there.

I liked Punk's response too. Y2J was bragging earlier about how he trolled everyone so Punk just trolled him back. It was pretty nice to see Chris snap after that. Trolls do not like being trolled, I guess. Overall what the segment drove home was the fact that Jericho is a little bitch( in kayfabe) which makes him the clear heel in the feud.

The huge face to face promos and the explanation of the video will come in a few weeks. It was a fine start by all accounts.

Great start. Definitely continues to plant a seed that will continue to build. The slow burn between the two is great. Not a lot of verbal exchange so far but it makes sense.

The segment was the opposite of what I was thinking... but works well. It did exactly what it should have done. It made me excited for the eventual payoff of this feud.

I want to see more nothing-held-back promos from CM Punk. I mean Jericho is yet another WWE Superstar that has activities outside of the WWE like his hosting stint on ABC's Downfall, appearances on VH1's I Love the... series, and of course his band Fozzy. Punk could easily make light of the fact that Jericho's ventures have been less than impressive in regards to mainstream media. Even as someone who enjoys Y2J in just about everything he does, I'd like a true war of words between the two.

Both also embrace the interwebz so I think they too should go the route of Rock/Cena by releasing videos, and constantly going back and forth on Twitter. It's even more befitting of them being that the we seem to think highly of them both.

First post here, thanks WZ. My opinion is that you have to go back to before "sports enertainment" to see how guys not only built a character, but did PROMOS on the fly. Old WCW, promos... Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Dusty Rhodes....no one was writing that for them. Move ahead a bit when WCW was trying to compete w/ WWF. The "ORIGINAL PIPE BOMB" was Brian Pillman, who even back then was deemed " The Loose Cannon".Due to the amount of fines he willingly paid for having a live mic and venting HIS frustrations. Anyway, point being , when the biz shifted, writers became more involved, out of necessity... guy's were getting pushed so hard and fast they never got the time to learn the stick. Even The beloved Rock admits to 3 days of learning his weekly promo. I think the above mentioned from old WCW and from WWe definately have to be Shawn Michaels ( also a ton of fines), Jeff Jarrett, HHH...and Hogan, ok..haha I'm kidding @ Hogan.I think having Punk mock Jericho was on purpose so Jericho can say See... ur a wanna be, just for doin what I did for a month and 1/2

And I know I'll get crap, but it's my post so I'll say it anyway , I 'm surprised Vince hasn't been given any creadit for his promo ability, sure he screws up, but the guy goes out w/ only a hand full of bullet points. His show, he can say anything, but always kept to HIS charater

Basically just exactly what WWE needed to reassure fans that this will be a good feud. I thought they blew after the rumble and jericho just came out and attacked punk. I had every thought that this was going to be just a normal feud. But put Jericho on the mic, and he can carry anyone. This feud now has the potential to be a great one and the match will have a good chance at stealing the show at wrestlemania. Also, i feel like we are going to see a lot of copy cat bullshit like stealing finishers, catchphrases etc. Which is fine by me because I love that, its always amusing when anyone steals a finisher. But seriously, all in all, Jericho's promo saved the feud and Punk trolling Jericho with the point to his shirt was also good.
This is a great point. I also thought it would be a normal fued. But Jericho has turned this feud into something special. I'm really interested to see what happens at the Raw EC. I wish that it was more than a 2 man race this year, but it's not. We are guaranteed Y2J or Punk leave EC as WWE Champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back