2012 Debater's League: Smack Talk and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent new rule, although I doubt it will come into effect this week between myself and Stormtrooper, and I doubt it will be a factor in either of my two remaining debates with Killjoy either :)

Thanks, Habs. I just wish I could've implemented it sooner. But sometimes you don't know something is going to happen until it does. It's tough to anticipate everything during this tournament since it's always a work in progress.

Hope you guys enjoy the topic.

I do enjoy the topic. I think it will be a good one.

HHF, best of luck in our debate. I hope you don't disappear for the next week. OK, actually if you do it'll be easier for me to avenge my loss to Killjoy. If you disappear, that's ok for me too, but please don't as it isn't good for the DL.

No worries, Stormtrooper, I haven't disappeared for any of the other debates, and I won't miss this one either.

Best of luck to you as well. It is another great topic, and it should be a fun and interesting debate.

No worries, Stormtrooper, I haven't disappeared for any of the other debates, and I won't miss this one either.

Best of luck to you as well. It is another great topic, and it should be a fun and interesting debate.
Hey lookie in our debate thread. We're actually having a debate. What a novel concept.

Posting on a phone is such a pain.

Not really. I do most of my posting on my iPhone. Now REPPING from the phone is a pain. It always scrolls back up to the top for some reason when I try typing a rep comment unless I change to horizontal layout instead of vertical. That is why many reps from me contain either nothing or just a smiler.

Not really. I do most of my posting on my iPhone. Now REPPING from the phone is a pain. It always scrolls back up to the top for some reason when I try typing a rep comment unless I change to horizontal layout instead of vertical. That is why many reps from me contain either nothing or just a smiler.

I usually don't do big posts on my phone. I type fast and my phone doesn't always get my spelling options. That is why I consider it a pain.

I'll be posting the championship debate topic very shortly. And this one is going to be a doozie!! I've been saving this topic for WEEKS now and I can't wait to see what you guys do with it. I feel it might be the toughest topic that guys could ever debate and is taking on a direction and format that I don't think anyone was able to predict.

I hope you guys find it as unique and exciting as I do. Good luck to The Killjoy and hatehabsforever!! You guys truly deserved your spots this year!!

MeanGene.jpg

Mean Gene is back to bring you Debater's League Tournament news!!

The time has finally come... after two months of grueling, dedicated, phenomenal debating, it all comes down to this. Two men have overcome rookies, veterans, and no-showing imbeciles to acquire the coveted 2012 Debater's League Championship.

After a new format shocked the WZ debating world, we had the pleasure of seeing 18 formidable members of our forum throw down the gauntlet and go down in history with the likes of Big Nick Dudley and the D-Man. Their goal; to gain bragging rights as the best professional wrestling debater on Wrestlezone Forums.

The Killjoy struck first and rose to the mountaintop of the Winner's bracket while hatehabsforever rose from adversity and earned his position as Loser's Bracket Champion. These guys are about to throw down in (what might be considered as) the most controversial topic in the history of the Debater's League.

Good luck, gentlemen. This is Mean Gene signing off!! See you in the winner's circle!!

MAJOR extension given to the final debate: It will end on June 4th.

Why?

First of all, it's a VERY deep topic. Personally, I can debate this for months on end.

Secondly, I'm going on vacation and won't be back until June 4th. So, why not let these guys debate until I return?

Good luck, boys. You both deserve the win but only one of you can grab the brass ring. GO FOR IT!!

It's awfully quiet both in here all of a sudden....

[YOUTUBE]6rH55V_hp1Q[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone seen Killjoy? One can only hope he shows up soon and with an awesome response in the debate. This isn't like him.

I already mentioned what I had this week. To be honest, I don't think I can give anything else in this debate without going in circles.

So Killjoy and I have wrapped up our debate, and it was a pretty good one in my opinion. Unfortunately Killjoy had some distractions along the way, but it was still fun. Hopefully the judges will judge this one soon, so that if Killjoy wins, we can wrap the whole thing up. Or if I win, we can get on with the one final round. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before we find out if there's another round or not, and if there is, let's get on with it.

Taken care of. I informed the judges that you guys finished early. Good luck to you both and may the best man win. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back