2012 Debater's League: Smack Talk and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
For those who aren't up to speed, the Debater's League IS happening this year. After much debate (no pun intended) about the changes to the format from previous DL's, we've come down to two possible formats that are very similar and agreeable by all parties. In order to view these formats, visit this Debater's League Format Thread.

This league will begin immediately after the format and participants are chosen and when Dagger and I sort out everything. I would say we can start in the next week or two.

Now, regardless of the format that's ultimately chosen, we need to start a formal signup list. The list consists of two possible choices - Debaters & Judges.

Debaters
You will be participating in the league. You will be required to debate on topics over the new few months. You must be dedicated, since the debates will come fast and fierce and if you want to win, you have to ride the wave until the end.

Judges
This requires my personal approval and discretion. You need to "apply" for this position since you will need to be dedicated, responsible, have proper time management, and must be 100% impartial. This job starts out very heavy with deadlines that need to be hit. But as the tournament brackets diminish, the work load severely drops off.

Lastly and most importantly: Do not join this league in any way if you have any intentions of quitting. It requires a LOT of work and dedication and may tie you up for weeks and months at a time, if you make it that far. So if you choose to participate, you need to be aware of the responsibility you will be facing. We do not wish to waste our time on anyone who cannot put in the time and effort. Quitters will be severely frowned upon during their future with Wrestlezone Forums.

Knowing all of this, please submit applications in this thread. Dagger will be helping me run this thing so your admittance is subject to his and my approval.

Thank you.

Current Participant List:

Debaters
  1. Rohan
  2. hatehabsforever
  3. DirtyJose
  4. Talon
  5. Milenko
  6. deanerandterry
  7. Paralyzer Z
  8. Stormtrooper
  9. Aweome_Miz
  10. nightmare
  11. Mr. Steve
  12. Killjoy
  13. Pancake
  14. The Rattlesnake
  15. CP Munk
  16. Mitch Hennessey
  17. IHW (eliminated)
  18. Johnny Gunnz (eliminated)

Judges
  1. CH David (Approved by D-Man)
  2. FunKay (Approved by D-Man)
  3. Dragon Saga (Pending)
  4. Crock (Pending)
  5. SavageTaker ([Approved by D-Man)
  6. Captain Morgan Freeman (Pending)
  7. Nate (Approved by D-Man)

Judge.

Last tournament I was in an internship so I had to back out through Round 4. All I've got now is work, and usually a solid amount of time on weekends to do said judging. You already know I'm good with the rest as long as I've got the time.

Judge. You know me D-Man, as a fairly Spam friendly poster, bit I've been a regular all over for about two years, I have well over 1,000 non-spam posts, I work on WZCW Creative and have shown my commitment on that front since I've been doing it for roughly six months and nearly 2 years in total for WZCW without a single extended break. I’m consistent, I’m honest, and I’ll stand up to my decisions.

What kind of topics would we be debating?

Professional Wrestling Topics from past, present, and future, ranging throughout all existing promotions in history.

Feel free to view past DL Tournaments in the Archives.

Judge. You know me D-Man, as a fairly Spam friendly poster, bit I've been a regular all over for about two years, I have well over 1,000 non-spam posts, I work on WZCW Creative and have shown my commitment on that front since I've been doing it for roughly six months and nearly 2 years in total for WZCW without a single extended break. I’m consistent, I’m honest, and I’ll stand up to my decisions.

Dagger and I will discuss. But I don't see much of a problem with having you on.

I'm going to show a pair here and apply for a Judge position.

Have I ever taken part in the WZ Debate League? No. Have I any real desire to? Not really, when it comes to stuff inside professional wrestling though, I feel as if I have the knowledge to accurately decide who comes out on top in a debate. I feel as if I've been consistent enough when it comes to discussing topics, very rarely have I posted something without having backing or believing in its legitimacy and very rarely have I had posters dispute my posts or opinions.

I've no real reason to show bias, I wouldn't do it anyhow and I enjoy reading the quarrels of other posters. So, if it is acceptable with D-Man and Dagger I'd like a Judging position. If anybody has any issue with me being a Judge, speak now, and I shall withdraw my application.

Signed, Ryan6... I mean, The Dragon Saga.

I want to join this, but I am worried I might fade out half-way through. When is the last day to sign up? I'll make a decision then.

I want to judge.

I remember approaching you when you brought the Debater's League up last year, wanting to judge, and I still want to. I've got more than enough time, I'm very committed to what I do on here (never missed a deadline in my time in WZCW), and I'm going to look at it from an absolutely impartial standpoint. Along with that, I've shown I'm more than responsible to handle this position in my time on the forums.

I really would love to judge, but I just found out today I'll likely be getting hired at a new job next week and I'm not sure of what hours I'll be scheduled to work yet and I can't commit to spending as much time here as I usually do. Sorry D-man. Feel free to void my vote in the debate format poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back