2012 Debater's League: Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not doing any substitutions, as that would be unfair to those who signed up or those who got eliminated already. If someone fails to show up or respond then their opponent moves on. Thanks for the offer though.

That's cool. That's all that was necessary, and thank you for just being polite and letting me know in a respectful manner what the deal was. As I'm sure you know I have been trying to win a spot by challenging anyone who is already in. I'm not having any luck there thus far, but if I can get a debate on the terms of taking the place of my opponent in the DL should I win, would there be any objection to this? I figured not since the person would be putting up their spot willingly, but if there is any issue with it I figured it would be good to know that.:)

If someone fails to show up for a debate, breaks the rules of Wrestlezone, and loses their spot, their old spot will become a bye for other opponents. There will be no replacements this year.

Just for clarification sake, the maximum number of posts in the opening round is three. I assume this does not include stating your position.

First I state which side I plan to take. Then, I make an opening statement, followed later by two replies. Is that correct?

So, if I choose which side I want to be on after winning the coin toss, is it Aweome_Miz who starts off proceedings with his opening statement or do I go first?

Just for clarification sake, the maximum number of posts in the opening round is three. I assume this does not include stating your position.

First I state which side I plan to take. Then, I make an opening statement, followed later by two replies. Is that correct?

Opening post and two responses, so three total. Just like in the preliminary triple threat match. Deciding your position does not count as one of those three.

¡Roján!;3791571 said:
So, if I choose which side I want to be on after winning the coin toss, is it Aweome_Miz who starts off proceedings with his opening statement or do I go first?
I would still like this question answered please and thank you.

So wait let me see if I have this right:

Rattlesnake chooses his side, then I choose who goes first. Then the debate begins with the opening statements?

Rattlesnake chooses EITHER his side of the debate OR who goes first. Whichever one he doesn't choose gets deferred to you.

If he chooses a side, you choose who debates first. After that's decided, you both have three total debate posts to make during the duration of the debate.

I hope that's clear.

!Rojan said:
I would still like this question answered please and thank you.

You guys really need to read... I stated this very clearly in the rules.

Rojan, you choose a side. Aweome_Miz chooses who goes first. After it's decided, the person chosen to debate first makes an opening statement. Everything after that is a free-for-all (replies and all) but you each have three total debate posts to make.

So Rohan has chosen his side to I now pick who goes first?

Yes. And whoever is chosen to debate first can immediately begin.

If you choose to debate first, you can just start with your opening statement. You don't need separate posts for everything, if that's in question here.

As long as they are of an appropriate nature, they're fine.

Guys, the base of these debates hold the same rules as the non-spam sections of the forum. Anything you do in the non-spam sections is perfectly fine in the debates.

Talon selected two options in our debate thread. He'll have to come back, and I'll just have to wait until he returns, and chooses his one and only option, right? Or does his first post (choosing me as the opening debater) count as his selected option?

Talon selected two options in our debate thread. He'll have to come back, and I'll just have to wait until he returns, and chooses his one and only option, right? Or does his first post (choosing me as the opening debater) count as his selected option?

I noticed that and was hoping he'd reply to Dagger's post and rescind one of his choices.

Since he can't seem to read properly, we'll just go with his first post. I've deleted the two posts that followed it. Feel free to pick your side of the debate and commence with your opening post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back