• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zack Ryder Discussion - Woo Woo Woo, You Know It!

i honestly believe zach ryder has a chance at the ecw title one day. But that day is not for awhile. He did look good in that one match but one match isn't enough to boost him to main event status on ecw quite yet but he will get his chance in the near future im thinking around armageddon

A few more matches like that and he's sure to be in the running for a title shot at least. with Henry, Swagger and Bourne on Raw and the new Superstars from FCW nowhere near ready yet Zack would be an obvious option for a push. Since it looks like big Zeke and Kozlov are gonna feud and possibly stay away from the title that push might come sooner rather than later.

I must admit i dont like the guys gimmick but he impressed me against Christian and if he can put on matches like that regularly... why the hell not? Give him a push, see how well he handles it

Wow the words Zack Rider going for a world title. well like every one said his douchebag gimmick is actually working. i think in a couple months give or take he will be challenging for the ECW title.

I think the theme is what works best for Zack Ryder.

Admit it, its truly awful. But isn't that what you want? It creates groans from the crowd: "Not that song that goes Oh Radiooooo again". If he had a decent hard-ass theme- would he get over? If he had a dead light happy-go-lucky theme like Yoshi- would he get over?

His ringwork alone is impressive- but that theme song is what makes him, after all... a theme gives a superstar identity- and you gotta instantly think ASSHOLE!

it's funny cause i see douchbags like that at the pubs and clubs here and i just want to smash them but ryder on ecw is the man. seriously the best gimmick in the wwe right now.

Ryder's gimmick is great. He is such a dick and he creates great heat. You just want to punch him in the face. He has more in-ring ability then I thought he had. He should get an ECW Title run in a few months and he probably will. It would be a smart decision.

Like I've said before, the best gimmicks in the WWE today are ones that parallel everyday people. Zack Ryder perfectly captures that connection. The annoying, bar hopping, "bro" whose lines make you groan has made his WWE (re)debut. It is so easy for his gimmick to draw heat because the crowd dislikes those people. Ryder's "bro" gimmick is much better at drawing heat than other heel gimmicks that cannot connect with the fans.

Ryder's match on the last ECW with Christian rivals the Hardy vs Morrison match for match of the week. Ryder really proved he could last in a long, winding, match with a wrestling veteran. If he keeps up the smack talk, the annoying catch phrases, and the impressive matches, Ryder could really go places on ECW.

I love this guy :) He is actually someone I enjoy watching and I love his character/persona.

It's changes like this that really make me wonder who else has potential but just isn't being used properly. I mean when Ryder was with Hawkins, nobody cared about them. Not even when they were Edge's lackeys. Both were not seen as having any potential or really any where's to go.

As soon as he was drafted to ECW everyone thought it was just a matter of time before the WWE wished both of them good luck with their "future endeavors". But WWE took a chance and created this over the top gimmick, and Ryder has been able to shine and show the fans what he can do.

Not only is his gimmick earning him fans, but he's in ring work has been earning him positive reviews too. As the Major brothers/Edge Heads I don't think he had memorable match or stand out moment, but his match last week on ECW was really surprising and great.

I knew this was Zack Ryder immediately after I got over his haircut. This kid is a good wrestler! I think him and Dolph are intense in the ring. And his new gimmick (ryders) is just stupid enough to work!! Its catchy and rediculous, but in the ring hes got the ability. I love the stupid ass pants he wears, typical Long Island Tool! Get use to Ryder, he should be a great midcard player in ECW this year. Woo Woo Woo, You Know It!!!:)

One of the reasons I watch ECW and not Raw is this man. Fucking entertaining as shit. I used to be amused by The Mix like I am amused by Ryder. Thank goodness he was given a good character, after coming off of the Edge Heads. I don't know if he will ever actuality beat Christian, but that is a good feud that can happen. End this feuding with Benjamin, and have Ryder go over to make him look legitimate on the C brand.

I never expected anything to happen to him after the draft. Man, he just came out of nowhere practically. Hard to believe he's been in the background for months now. He had a great match with Christian last week too.

I don't give a smurf about the gimmick, but he is doing exactly what he needs to do in the ring and in promos.

Here is yet another clear cut example of Vince having his priorities in the wrong order and needing to get his head out of his ass:

Source: The Wrestling Observer

It's being reported that following the match between Christian and Zack Ryder on the July 28th edition of ECW, several WWE officials were not pleased with how quickly Ryder seemed to blow up in the match. There were several Ryder supporters, however, that argued in his defense claiming that he shouldn't have been expected to perform at such a high level considering he is rarely booked in matches that long and is rarely booked on house show cards. It's being reported that Christian, on the other hand, received high praise from most officials for his ability to carry Ryder and pull off a good TV match.

Did anyone really look at that match and say "Gee this match between Zack Ryder and Christian is just so awful ... that I am not going to watch ECW again!" ??

So, a pair of guys have a 2 1/2 star match compared to a 3 star match? And people wonder why I say that Vince is seemingly now looking at his product as more of an actual sport, more so than actual entertainment. This is a clear cut demonstration of my point. Vince focuses ... or I should say "obsesses" over the actual athleticism of the product, more so than he does the entertainment with storylines, character personalities and getting them over with the audience, etc.

The reason Ryder is gettting over is because like MVP, He's playing a character you wwant to punch in the fucking head. He's constantly saying how great he is, All the chicks he's banging, How lasts forever. Yet the poor bastard nearly spewed his lungs up the first time he's put against someone good. Christian had to carry his ass through their match the other week. i'll admit he's half decent on the mic, And he has an eccentric moveset, With a good unique finisher. Doesn't mean i'm going to sing his praises though, He looks fucking terrible with that attire. Something Rob Conway should be wearing.

I am going to say personally that I do not see much for Zack Ryder at this point in time. When he was apart of the Major Brothers or the Edgeheads or being a singles competitor... I do not see the hype with this guy. Granted as the Edgeheads him and Curt Hawkins had a pretty decent run as a tag team which should have gone on longer than it did. However, his new repackagement I am still a little iffy on.

1) Ryder has the look of being a professional wrestler. He has an unique ring attire & backstage clothing that seperates him from the rest. His look personifies the young cocky heel to perfection alongside Dolph Ziggler.

2) He has the charisma. Give him promo time or the stick or match taunting segments & Ryder will get the job done. May not be great, but at least he has the skills indefinitely for the RAW/SmackDown midcard scene.

3) He has a following & is getting over with the crowd. This is an important factor in making or breaking a wrestler. If the crowd isn't on your side not because of being heel but because they dont like you as a wrestler, then you have a lot of standards to fill.

The only thing missing from Ryder is the wrestling ability. In the ring, he is not the best I have seen & can pull through the match. But, ever since he debuted in the ring, he could never wrestling a great match & always did something to botch or not sell properly, etc. I know that professional wrestling is hard to pull off perfectly, but doing something wrong in most of your matches after a couple years experience in the E... something aint right. If he is going to become a pro, he needs to train more on his ring work before I can give the green light for accepting him as a good wrestler.

I gusse i am alone when i say i dig it. when i first saw the new zack i thought it was pretty retarted but after a mounth or so and a couple of promo he has turned me around. I think it is funny shit when he knocks someone down and yells WOO WOO WOO you know it. and besind of Christan as ECW champ Zack Ryder is the best Superstar that ECW has.Who is better.

Reactions: gd
Is it just me or did zack's pre-match interview on the last ecw have an almost face turn like feel to it? He was also getting some woo woo woo chants as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back