• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zack Ryder Discussion - Woo Woo Woo, You Know It!

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
so i'm inexplicably watching ecw, and who walls into tiffany's office? rene dupree! oh wait, thats zach ryder? they split up hawkins and ryder for this? in my eyes this is already a bust before it even has a chance to unfold. i guess i could wait until i hear his theme music. meh. i don't understand what they are even thinking. just fuckin cut him!

Before she said his name, I thought he was Antonio Thomas from the Hearthrobs lol. He has a whole new look, which I assume should result in a push. He also looks like Grandmaster Sexay!!

God damn this annoying son of a bitch... purple is my favourite colour, but now when I think of purple I'll see that Woo Woo Woo spinning round in my head again and again.

I don't seriously see what could possibly be done with this stupid ******ed gimmick. May as well just call him Jobber McLocal.

I think its gonna be a funny gimmick that is supposed to tap into things that actually annoy people. Remember Simon Dean? The Spirit Squad?
Well...here is your club-hopping, douche bag guido. WOO WOO WOO!

I think its gonna be a funny gimmick that is supposed to tap into things that actually annoy people. Remember Simon Dean? The Spirit Squad?
Well...here is your club-hopping, douche bag guido. WOO WOO WOO!

If that's the idea they hit the nail on the head. Although personally I'd rather see the GobbledyGooker on ECW, and that's saying something.

Although it would be funny if they had a segment on superstars with Santina and Ryder.

Firstly, best name ever for a thread.

Secondly, yeah he needs to go. He was never good enough to get called up from OVW.

And also, you say "they split Ryder and Hawkins up for this?"
Planning for him to feud with Hornswoggle would've been a good enough reason to break them up.

Firstly, best name ever for a thread.

Secondly, yeah he needs to go. He was never good enough to get called up from OVW.

And also, you say "they split Ryder and Hawkins up for this?"
Planning for him to feud with Hornswoggle would've been a good enough reason to break them up.

i wasnt sayin it as if they were awesome, but at least they were something. now there something tna wouldnt even touch. btw, i mixed up rene dupree with sylvan grenier. im an idio. lol.

holy CRAP. well. I must say, at the very least he is absolutely sure to get plenty of heat with that gimmick. People are going to LOVE to watch this ridiculous motherfucker get the shit kicked out of him. Itll be one of those siutations were he will do fine for what he is, but will never be able to be taken seriously on any of the big shows (weeellll..its the burr da buuurrr...milkshake..) Sad for him. The guy has a decent look, skill set, and they had good theme music as the mini Edge guys.

Christ on a bicycle. I dealt with North Jersey/NY Guido Douchebags all summer long at the bar on the boardwalk here. They flock here like we were giving away free spray tans. I hate these asscocks. They walk around with their arms puffed out to the sides since they are so roided out they can't put their arms down and they do this side sip thing from a tiny cup with a coffee stirrer straw. It looks so fuckin fruity. And they walk around like badasses when they folded faster than Superman on laundry day when a fight broke out. I was a bouncer and had to take down a lot of them. Totally sucks that now I have to watch it in wrestling form.

I hope to god his theme song is "Pump it up" by Denzel. Not Joe Budden, that song was decent. Or the new douchebag anthem is that Flo Rida song "Get Low"

*smacks head against wall*

i almost marked out cuz norcal posted on my thread. lol. i doubt they would waste any money on gettin the rights to a real song. i think they already know he's gonna be gone in a month. this is one spaghetti strand that will fall to the floor.

Zack ryder sounds like a damn ******, what the hell is it with this woo woo woo thing?, did his dad shoot him in the face as a child?, has he had way too many chair shots to the head?, if this is the best thing they could come up with then the guy will be gone within a couple of weeks

Christ on a bicycle. I dealt with North Jersey/NY Guido Douchebags all summer long at the bar on the boardwalk here. They flock here like we were giving away free spray tans. I hate these asscocks. They walk around with their arms puffed out to the sides since they are so roided out they can't put their arms down and they do this side sip thing from a tiny cup with a coffee stirrer straw. It looks so fuckin fruity. And they walk around like badasses when they folded faster than Superman on laundry day when a fight broke out. I was a bouncer and had to take down a lot of them. Totally sucks that now I have to watch it in wrestling form.

I hope to god his theme song is "Pump it up" by Denzel. Not Joe Budden, that song was decent. Or the new douchebag anthem is that Flo Rida song "Get Low"

*smacks head against wall*

this is absolute proof that this is gonna be successfull. Major hatred is heaped upon (and absolutely deserved) on greasy douchey fucks like this, and he will make a fucking AWESOME foil for someone. Like I said, it wont ever be something serious, but it should garner pretty fantastic heat for what it is.

It is a heat magnet... heh he could even use that as a nickname... he could think it gets him chicks or guys or whatever that douche is into... whilst it could also be a way for Vince to rib the IWC, which I'm sure he'd like to do since we tend to be spoiler heavy... the leaked RAW script is a good example to use here...

As a kid I screamed Wooooooooooooooo for Flair, or Surfer Sting... and now I have this cross dressing ****** destroying my childhood and my favourite colour at the same time. I hope you get fed to Kozlov the Jobber Clobberer.

I could tolerate Santina because its like an Italian version of Emily Howard from Little Britain, but this guy is just too much. I'd rather dress as the GobbledyGooker and get sat on by Big Daddy V than see this fucker win the ECW title, please Vince give him his best wishes speech!

You know it! God damn that guy makes me want to kick puppies and burn orphanages. I can see what WWE is doing giving him a gimmick that garners heat for being a pretty boy douche, but those gimmicks are always hit and miss. Rico and Buff Bagwell flopped... whilst Rick Martel, Rick Rude, and Jesse "The Body" Ventura did well... but none of them were wrestling in their prime in the noughties were they? Its a gimmick well in need of an update, but it is a heat magnet and could work if Ryder puts out a good fight in the ring. That said it was hillarious when Finlay bitch slapped him for woo woo wooooo'ing in his face.

I for one am a BIG fan of this new persona that Ryder is trying out, and I can see it working extremely well for him.

As NorCal says above, you give this guy enough mic time (and if he boosts up his promo performance to match it, instead of just relying on "woo woo woo, you know it") and people will f'in hate the guy. He's simultaneously a funny character, yet a heel you want to see get his ass kicked. Plus, the most important thing, is that its a personality. Far too many people lately in the WWE are trying to get over on their own by just being "guy in generic tights", and its become overwhelming. If you listed all of the people that have no real gimmick or any sort of aura of originality surrounding them, its enormous. Rhodes, DiBiase, Charlie Haas, Jamie Noble, CM Punk (tattoos and straight edge isn't a gimmick just by default when you do nothing with it), Gregory Helms, etc etc etc. Ryder having this douchebag persona is similar to how a lot of the bigger stars needed something to latch onto when they first started. Edge is one of the top guys now and one of their all time best in my opinion, but if you remember, there were time periods where he pretended to be a freakin vampire and a surfer dude lol. John Cena was a rapper. Triple H was a blue blood. Foley was Mankind. The list goes on and on. Eventually, they were able to transition into exaggerated versions of themselves, but they didn't just start out as "Mick Foley" or "Paul Levesque" or anything. If Ryder works hard and steps up his promo skills, this could be what he needs to cement himself as a solid midcarder by next year, giving him the ability to climb the ladder and reach a higher plateau.

Plus his song is catchy, lol. *Oooh radioooo tell me everything you knooow*

This is a much better look for him than being an Edgehead or Major Brother. This gimmick will truly help him stand out and give people a reason to care about him. From the last match I saw of his I thought he was getting pretty good heat, and it was only against a jobber. He's decent in the ring as well.

However, I'm not sure he's going to get enough time to do anything with it. I don't think he's been on ECW the last couple of weeks, and if you aren't on TV consistantly, you can't be successful.

The theme music is good, yes, but the gimmick is...meh.

I'm a huge fan of the Long Island guido douche bag they're portraying him to be, because that's what it is. You can just tell by his movements and such. It is better for him than being an Edgehead, yes, but it's still pretty stupid.

Honestly, I just don't see it ever getting him over and such.

I actually quite like the character. It's something a bit different to your run-of-the-mill heels in the WWE in the last few years. Most heels at the the moment are portrayed to be 'cool' heels or 'monster' heels.
I don't think anyone expects Ryder to go far, but he can jus be a simple midcard heel who people love to see get beaten. I think people will hate Ryder for just generally being and acting like a twat, and will therefore enjoy seeing him getting beaten by others.

...through the medium that is Zack Ryder. He looks like an exact hybrid of Grand Master Sexay and Scotty 2 Hotty. He is far less entertaining and over with the crowd than the originals...but he is apparently trying to mooch of their "success."

I mean, he looks ridiculous...one pant leg? If they hadn't released YouManga, I'm sure they'd put some yellow shades on him and send him out to dance.

Uh, pretty sure I already made a thread about him, and I bashed the shit out of him. But honestly, now I think he has potential. That match on Superstars was surprisingly good IMO. Maybe I was wrong about him. He worked a heel role pretty well and his moveset wasn't half bad. I agree the ring gear is really lame. Seriously, in the ECW subforum, look up the thread"woo woo woo?" and tell me if these 2 are different.

shit I'm really pissed off after reading this. I loved too cool. Loved there theme music and entrances and loved the joke of an finisher from scotty. I loved his hat and every single thing about them. They werent my fav group ever but they were damn good change of pace and I was hopping that they will come back for years. After reading the title I as so excited thought this might actually be a dream, but then i read it was about that degenerate and i was like eew. Ryder is no better then a third class jobber. His catch phrase is a poor imitation of flairs. He looks like a gay rodeo circus clown. His hair and glasses dont really work for him, and his promo skills come off like is this guy for real. I think he should be realesed, which i dont see happening, instead dj will get released who has more potential then this degenarate.

dude you got me so excited when i saw the title BUT you have a great point and yes ive been watching his matches and seen his attire and i love it.. the first time i saw him i thought of grand master sexay and it over time i realy hope he is a succes and the same if not better then too cool

i despise zack ryder. his music is crap, his attire is stupid, his catch phrase is ******ed, and his promos are horrible. his in ring skills are mediocre at best. he should go back to being a tag team with hawkins, or wwe should change his character all together. where they come up with some of the crap they do, i do not even wanna know. good god.

Isnt his gimmick supposed to be stupid and annoying? I assumed it was. As for his in ring work, I think he's okay. Nothing to write home about, but some decent skills.

I don't understand why yall dont like Ryder?

I think he's improved in the ring, and he is freaking hilarious. Come on, those hideous tights are probably the coolest thing ever. It's a great gimmick.

And as for the haters of his music. Its just fitting. Woo Woo Woo... You know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back