• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"You're getting a bit fat there"

SHAGAMANIA 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
Over the last couple of years I have gained bit of weight.
This is probably mostly due to the period my dad starting working and was very tired and usually buyed take outs about 3 or so nights a week, before that I hardly ate anything.

We eat less take out now.

I don't feel very fat, I feel like I'm at a average over weight level.
I still only have 1 chin. I'm about the same size as Seth Rogen is now.
I'm a pretty handsome guy that has a bit of extra weight I don't feel like I need to lose any weight and I don't really want to as I enjoy fatty food.

My Nan sometimes bothers me about my weight.
She constantly complains that she's fat and it annoys me.
She sometimes points out my stretch marks and say I got them from gaining weight, my nan and my dad keep saying we need to go on a diet and never happens and I don't think I want to.

Why should I lose weight?

I should be fine for a couple years then I will lose some weight and probably get some ads to get some fine bitches.

Unless you have an extremely enviable metabolism, continuing to eat fattening foods will absolutely result in more weight gain. Considering you've already noticed a trend of gaining weight and adding stretch marks, I'd say that strikes out the idea of a remarkable metabolism.

Why should you lose weight? Umm, I don't fucking know, ask yourself that, Seth Rogen. Your weight gain seems to have a direct connection to your diet and not merely genetically out of your control. So back to your question, that's something to pose to yourself. I'll tell you this, your brilliant plan of "aww fuck it, dude, I'll shed these pounds in a couple years anyway" is actually the most idiotic thing I've heard all night...and I just watched the entire Republican debate. Not only will you be placing yourself at a greater risk of various health problems, but the more weight you gain, the less likely it will become to ever return to a favorable physique. And your infomercial diet isn't going to bail you out. Those are also an unhealthy route and are hit or miss on their effectiveness.

My advice: you know the answers you seek and are aware of the harsh reality. Take some accountability for yourself and implement nutrition into your diet, and if you cannot live without the junk food, then that's okay, but simply limit yourself and learn some discipline.

Over the last couple of years I have gained bit of weight.
This is probably mostly due to the period my dad starting working and was very tired and usually buyed take outs about 3 or so nights a week, before that I hardly ate anything.

We eat less take out now.

I'm a pretty handsome guy that has a bit of extra weight I don't feel like I need to lose any weight and I don't really want to as I enjoy fatty food.

My Nan sometimes bothers me about my weight.
She constantly complains that she's fat and it annoys me.
She sometimes points out my stretch marks and say I got them from gaining weight, my nan and my dad keep saying we need to go on a diet and never happens and I don't think I want to.

I should be fine for a couple years then I will lose some weight and probably get some ads to get some fine bitches.

If you're okay getting fat, it's your choice and no one can stop you. Why should you lose weight? As Smizzy said, ask yourself. If you're under the illusion that you'll magically start losing weight because you think so, you can't be any farther from truth. I gained a good 20 pounds over the last 6 months and I didn't even notice till my parents brought it to my attention. Since then, it's been hell trying to lose that even after controlling my diet and doing a bit of exercise, my beer belly hasn't gone away. Once you gain weight, it takes way more to lose it.

Now it's up to you handsome. If you think that you can stay handsome even with all the weight, great! More power to you. This isn't a question you should ask someone else. It's your own health and well being at stake.

If you have a weight problem, which you admit you do then why are you waiting? As you grow older your metabolism slows down and it's harder to lose that extra weight. Sounds to me like it a whole family issue if your grandmother is overweight as well.

And why are you waiting for others to go on a diet? Start taking control of your own life and get on one yourself, nothing stopping you. And you never know if you start losing weight, they might just go on one as well.

But I've been reading your posts and threads here and you have a bigger issue. Just by your username, avatar, thread subjects and the fact that you state "you'll get some fine bitches", tells me you care more about getting laid than getting healthy.

Hmm the old weight issue. I am very fortunate in that in the last 7 years I worked 5 of them full times at McDonalds eating it at least 5 times a week and have drunk a ridiculous amount of beer and eating a whole load of other junk since I got my own place and yet I have put maybe a stone on (14lbs) and that was when I hit the gym up. Granted I don't have a chiselled body but I could get where I wanted with six months at the gym.

Seriously though don't go ahead with the thought trail of I will lose it in a few years. A lot easier to gain then lose my friend. Also the fact you have posted on here about it and the fact you mention your Grandma keeps pointing it out makes me think it is more of an issue for you than you are letting on. Life shorts my friend. Go get those abs now.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but it seems you may be a BIT lazy. Not because your overweight or anything but, do you know how to cook? A diet consisting of not eating at all and than eating 4 days of fast-food is terrible for your health. Not just your body-weight but your HEALTH as a whole. I'm guessing you're at least a teenager considering your on this site, so you should be able to make yourself breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. when your dad's not around, but it seems you just starve or gorge.

Now as for whether it's OK to be a bit over-weight? Sure, as long as you don't have a problem with it. The problem is you're not going to stay at the weight your at now with the same lifestyle. Losing the weight in "a couple of years" means your going to be a lot bigger than you are now and at that point, when you actually DO want to lose it, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder. If you're so adamant about not losing weight now, chances are you're not going to have the motivation to lose it later.

I have a buddy exactly like this. He smokes like a chimney but heard that if you quit by the time your 30, it will have minimal effects on your lungs. Want to know what his plan is? To quit by the time he's 30... he's been smoking for 8 years and it's never going to happen. Don't kid yourself by thinking you can quickly fix something years down the road because when the time actually comes? It's a lot harder get back on track.

Plus, as has been mentioned. If you were as unbothered by this as you claim, you probably wouldn't be making a thread about it or planning on what to do years down the road. If it bugs you, try to fix it.

Hmm the old weight issue. I am very fortunate in that in the last 7 years I worked 5 of them full times at McDonalds eating it at least 5 times a week and have drunk a ridiculous amount of beer and eating a whole load of other junk since I got my own place and yet I have put maybe a stone on (14lbs) and that was when I hit the gym up. Granted I don't have a chiselled body but I could get where I wanted with six months at the gym.

Seriously though don't go ahead with the thought trail of I will lose it in a few years. A lot easier to gain then lose my friend. Also the fact you have posted on here about it and the fact you mention your Grandma keeps pointing it out makes me think it is more of an issue for you than you are letting on. Life shorts my friend. Go get those abs now.

You're 22, wait another 5 years and that stone will turn into a boulder. I ate like absolute shit during my early 20s and never noticed much of a weight gain. A couple of years later I'm probably 30 pounds heavier than I was then. Some of it is muscle mass, as I've been dedicated to weight training since 2013, but I pretty much eat whatever I want because as OP said, food is fucking good.

Granted I married an amazing cook so I usually have home cooked meals at least 4-5 days a week, but we don't eat rabbit food for.anything other than a snack.

You're 22, wait another 5 years and that stone will turn into a boulder. I ate like absolute shit during my early 20s and never noticed much of a weight gain. A couple of years later I'm probably 30 pounds heavier than I was then. Some of it is muscle mass, as I've been dedicated to weight training since 2013, but I pretty much eat whatever I want because as OP said, food is fucking good.

Granted I married an amazing cook so I usually have home cooked meals at least 4-5 days a week, but we don't eat rabbit food for.anything other than a snack.

My eating habits have drastically changed now compared to where they were. A lot more Veg, Pasta, Rice and Grilled Meats and less fried foods (Full English on a weekend still) and Potatoes and snacks. I think the amount of weed I smoked affected my weight gain. Also I exercise more now. I still drink a copious amount of beer though so that's where the gut will come from.

My job requires me to be in somewhat decent shape, but you'll easily find some over-weight people here and there because they either exploit loopholes in the system or they have friends who conduct the fitness testing.

Back in 2001 I came very close to failing a fitness test, and was pretty ticked off with myself. I looked like I was in shape, but I never worked out and ate junk food all the time. Ever since then, I mostly drink water, I almost always cook my own meals using healthy ingredients and I work out every day.

I'm in decent shape today, but I'll be honest; I fucking hate working out every day. Water and home cooked meals have grown on me, I hate washing dishes but that's a moot point. I don't mean to discourage you, more-so I'm warning you to be ready to hate life if you really want to add some years to your life expectancy.

Because you're still young, and when you're in your thirties you'll be damn thankful that you decided to suffer a little bit for good health while you were still young.

First step to getting in better shape: Count your calories. Keep in mind that it takes 3,500 calories to equal a pound of fat, so to gain fat you'll have to be eating a ridiculous amount of calories considering most people burn 1,000 calories a day just being alive. People get careless and don't read the nutrition labels, make sure to focus on how they measure their servings per unit. Diet Coke gets away with making it look like you're just drinking colored water by estimating that a 20oz bottle contains two and a half servings.

Go cold turkey from fast food, because what you're consuming barely qualifies as food. I promise that you will save a ton of money and you'll feel better for it. Obviously there are some exceptions like Panera Bread, but even then you have to go way out of your way to know exactly what you're putting into your body. Buy some fresh ingredients from the grocery store, look up some recipes online, and dedicate the last four hours of your day to making your own meal.

DO NOT CONSUME ENERGY DRINKS! The two main components of energy drinks -- or rather more of one to make up for a lack of the other -- is sugar and caffeine. They'll make you gain weight and dehydrate your system, no energy drink is safe from this consequence. Drink water, it'll clean out your system and help your body absorb essential nutrients from what you eat.

My recommendation, every day do the following:

20 pushups
20 situps
30 second plank
run a mile and a half

If that was too easy, wait a day and add five or ten to any workout. To enhance the run, start timing yourself and try to achieve a mile and a half under fifteen minutes before adding more distance.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but it seems you may be a BIT lazy. Not because your overweight or anything but, do you know how to cook? A diet consisting of not eating at all and than eating 4 days of fast-food is terrible for your health. Not just your body-weight but your HEALTH as a whole. I'm guessing you're at least a teenager considering your on this site, so you should be able to make yourself breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. when your dad's not around, but it seems you just starve or gorge.

Now as for whether it's OK to be a bit over-weight? Sure, as long as you don't have a problem with it. The problem is you're not going to stay at the weight your at now with the same lifestyle. Losing the weight in "a couple of years" means your going to be a lot bigger than you are now and at that point, when you actually DO want to lose it, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder. If you're so adamant about not losing weight now, chances are you're not going to have the motivation to lose it later.

I have a buddy exactly like this. He smokes like a chimney but heard that if you quit by the time your 30, it will have minimal effects on your lungs. Want to know what his plan is? To quit by the time he's 30... he's been smoking for 8 years and it's never going to happen. Don't kid yourself by thinking you can quickly fix something years down the road because when the time actually comes? It's a lot harder get back on track.

Plus, as has been mentioned. If you were as unbothered by this as you claim, you probably wouldn't be making a thread about it or planning on what to do years down the road. If it bugs you, try to fix it.
I sometimes cook Spaghetti and Nachos for dinner.
Haven't been eating Breakfast and Recess lately mainly just been eating a cooked lunch and dinner.

If you have a weight problem, which you admit you do then why are you waiting? As you grow older your metabolism slows down and it's harder to lose that extra weight. Sounds to me like it a whole family issue if your grandmother is overweight as well.

And why are you waiting for others to go on a diet? Start taking control of your own life and get on one yourself, nothing stopping you. And you never know if you start losing weight, they might just go on one as well.

But I've been reading your posts and threads here and you have a bigger issue. Just by your username, avatar, thread subjects and the fact that you state "you'll get some fine bitches", tells me you care more about getting laid than getting healthy.

Well you're right , I do care more about getting laid.
It's just been really bugging me now as I'm 17 and haven't lost my virginity.
Girls never really bothered me before but now I'm just starting to relies I'm at the age when most people would be losing there virginities, it drives me crazy sometimes, I have a quite personality, I have trouble getting myself to approach a girl. I build that I'm this confident guy in my head but when I relies I'm in the right moment I can't do it it's to drastic for me. I have had a bad experience with lust in my younger years, I approached a couple of girls but I was a nervous wreck, I don't ever want to expose myself like that again.

I hate lust because of those experiences. I just want to live a life of meaningless sex until I'm 30. I don't want to hurt myself emotionally like that again. There have been a couple of girls I liked that I have thought about for a day but then stop as I tell myself she's not worth thinking about.

There was this girl I thought I made a connection with. Couldn't stop thinking about her. Didn't know what to do I sent a friend request on Facebook she never accepted it. I look at my feed she became fiends with one of my friends. Hated myself for about a week, then decided I was done with Lust.

My job requires me to be in somewhat decent shape, but you'll easily find some over-weight people here and there because they either exploit loopholes in the system or they have friends who conduct the fitness testing.

Back in 2001 I came very close to failing a fitness test, and was pretty ticked off with myself. I looked like I was in shape, but I never worked out and ate junk food all the time. Ever since then, I mostly drink water, I almost always cook my own meals using healthy ingredients and I work out every day.

I'm in decent shape today, but I'll be honest; I fucking hate working out every day. Water and home cooked meals have grown on me, I hate washing dishes but that's a moot point. I don't mean to discourage you, more-so I'm warning you to be ready to hate life if you really want to add some years to your life expectancy.

Because you're still young, and when you're in your thirties you'll be damn thankful that you decided to suffer a little bit for good health while you were still young.

First step to getting in better shape: Count your calories. Keep in mind that it takes 3,500 calories to equal a pound of fat, so to gain fat you'll have to be eating a ridiculous amount of calories considering most people burn 1,000 calories a day just being alive. People get careless and don't read the nutrition labels, make sure to focus on how they measure their servings per unit. Diet Coke gets away with making it look like you're just drinking colored water by estimating that a 20oz bottle contains two and a half servings.

Go cold turkey from fast food, because what you're consuming barely qualifies as food. I promise that you will save a ton of money and you'll feel better for it. Obviously there are some exceptions like Panera Bread, but even then you have to go way out of your way to know exactly what you're putting into your body. Buy some fresh ingredients from the grocery store, look up some recipes online, and dedicate the last four hours of your day to making your own meal.

DO NOT CONSUME ENERGY DRINKS! The two main components of energy drinks -- or rather more of one to make up for a lack of the other -- is sugar and caffeine. They'll make you gain weight and dehydrate your system, no energy drink is safe from this consequence. Drink water, it'll clean out your system and help your body absorb essential nutrients from what you eat.

My recommendation, every day do the following:

20 pushups
20 situps
30 second plank
run a mile and a half

If that was too easy, wait a day and add five or ten to any workout. To enhance the run, start timing yourself and try to achieve a mile and a half under fifteen minutes before adding more distance.

I don't consume energy drinks, my dad doesn't let me and there to expensive anyway, I often forget they exist since I'm just used to drinking coke. I've only had 2 energy drinks in the past 2 years. The amount of shit they put in them is freighting, kids have gotten heart attacks just by drinking too much.

I've been drinking cold water at home for the past few days, it's actually quite refreshing.

I had a friend that wasn't allowed to drink coke and was mainly only drinked water.

Sounds to me like your fat. I had a similar situation to this when I turned 18, I developed a small gut and my family liked to tease me about it. I was still easily a healthy weight, the only one in the house that was, but because I had always been very skinny everyone took the chance to take shots. I just increased the amount of excercise I did and now its fine

Unless you have an extremely enviable metabolism, continuing to eat fattening foods will absolutely result in more weight gain.
This. I would love to be able to sell my metabolism I'd be absolutely loaded. I eat terribly (except for dinner) and then my two best mates would sit there and get shitty as I downed over a litre of coke every day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back