• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Guilty Pleasure Television Show

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Well this thread will hopefully have a few confessions posted in it. I'm basically asking if you have a show or a few of them that you watch and enjoy but you always have that feeling that you shouldn't be watching it. And I know many of us have at least one show that we feel this way towards.

Now when it comes to me and watching a television series it's mainly the old stuff I used to watch when I was young kid just savor the nostalgia once more. Since I was such a fan of these animated shows I ended up building a collection of VHS tapes with different episodes of these shows. Rugrats my favorite cartoon show from Nickelodeon I have quite a few tapes on that I pop in the old VCR just to enjoy again.

Even more of a guilty pleasure than that I have a lot of tapes with episodes of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and this show was my ultimate favorite for years. I mainly watched them through my tapes as the show wasn't on television very much when I was young, mainly just an odd rerun once in a blue moon. This show is a very happy-feel good kind of show and it's something I pop in the VCR to watch on occasion considering I have a quite a few and many did get lost over time as well.

Any other old animated favorite of mine is usually guiltily watched over YouTube or some other internet site. Mainly anything Disney, Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network from the 90s is always something I try to find a way to watch. I also do this when I don't have an episode of the two already said shows. Reliving the nostalgia from my youth and popping in old VHS of child cartoon shows or movies are most certainly my biggest guilty pleasure, now you can all share yours.

Penguins of Madagascar. I watch this show a ton. I find it to be really funny in a childish way, maybe because it is for kids? It is just funny to see a bunch of penguins acting like special forces or some shit, waddling around creating chaos. Not to mention the Lemurs who are always fucking shit up. it is just a really fun show, and it is no wonder that kids find it so amusing. Hell me and a couple of my friends will just sit around watching it and laugh our asses off. Good times.

Phineas & Ferb on the Disney Channel.

I don't know why but this show relaxes me. I usually watch it after working at my job or around the house. I also try to catch any new episodes that come on. Add to that the fact it's one of the better shows on TV period you'll see why I watch it.

Jersey Shore, for sure. It may be trash, but it's impossible not to get sucked in and get some fist pumping going. I've watched just about every episode of the season and am genuinely upset with how Angelina is treating Jose. It's just awful.

Various other MTV and VH1 reality shows can be added to the list as well, including but not limited to True Life and I Love Money. I'm intriguied by that stuff for some reason.

Also, any and all wrestling shows.

My guilty pleasure show would have to be Invader ZiM. That show can always make me laugh. I just have to watch it everytime that it comes on Nicktoons. I love the character Dib on the show as he's very unique in that at times he's a lovable buffon and others he's a loyal servant to ZiM. It's one of my favorite cartoons of all time. Another guilty one of mine is Foster's Home for Friends. From Cheese to Bloo, it had the perfect blend of characters that made me enjoy every show of the series.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians...my girlfriend-turned-wife turned me on to this show. We now watch it together every Sunday night.

I can't tell you why I love this show, but I can tell you why I should feel ashamed to watch it: it's highly staged and features people that are famous for the most ridiculous of reasons (Kim Kardashian would be nothing without her sex tape with Moesha's brother, but, I will give her credit for milking her 15 minutes for everything they're worth).

I think we all share a couple guilty pleasure televsion shows. Those shows would be Raw and Smackdown. Wrestling has always been looked at as a childish form of entertainment. Like most I got into it as a kid, but many years later and now an adult I still find myself drawn to this. It often seems silly and a lot of people roll their eyes at it, but I can't imagine I'll ever give up this guilty pleasure.

I found quite a few guilty pleasures to watch...

Jersey Shore...obviously...I mean...who doesn't find that a guilty pleasure?I mean..between people named Snooki, The Situation, JWoww, and cuties like Vinny, its a gimmie that you HAVE to watch what these people do on a daily basis. :p

The City on MTV...my guy friend is in LOVE ...mad LOVE with Whitney on that show. I think she's a great fashion plate, and I love watching how the people at Elle magazine put up with that snot-head Olivia. She's such a little bitch. lol

America's Next Top Model...I adore this show. Between Tyra's crazy diva antics, and some of the girls who think they are the NEXT IT girl to be a model..its the best trainwreck ever. I mean, did u see the girl with the 16 in waist on this season's show?

I also like Scream Queens on VH1...to see these girls who think that they are actually gonna be in like an Oscar worthy movie...its only Scream 3-D, I mean, let's not start breaking out the trophies. The girls who get such egos from the simplest tasks, it just makes me laugh so hard. I even had to laugh a little at them putting Jamie King as a judge, she's only been in like 1 horror film?? I mean, they should've kept that one chick from the original SAW movies.

MANswers on Spike tv....this is the craziest show. I love watching this and to see the goofiest questions and that people ACTUALLY research this stuff for a living. Where do I sign up? lol I mean, do guys really always think about that?

Mythbusters...gotta be hands down, the BEST science show ever. I love the strategies in which they go through in which to test. Especially their one guy, Tory, he's pretty easy on the eyes. If you ever see the one in which they try to bunk the movie myths, like making a candle from earwax, (like from Shrek), or using a car to jump a pond, like from Cannonball Run. Highly addictive.

I think we all share a couple guilty pleasure televsion shows. Those shows would be Raw and Smackdown. Wrestling has always been looked at as a childish form of entertainment. Like most I got into it as a kid, but many years later and now an adult I still find myself drawn to this. It often seems silly and a lot of people roll their eyes at it, but I can't imagine I'll ever give up this guilty pleasure.
i wouldn't consider them guilty pleasures.

My definition of a guilty pleasure is something that only a very few people my age watch and I woudn't tell anyone that I watch.

The fact is Millions of people my age watch wrestling and I'm not afraid to tell anyone i like it.

That's just me though.

I would say my guilty pleasure is most of those reality shows on VH1. It all started with the Surreal Life series, I used to watch that with my ex. From that showed spawned Flavor of Love, which I watched as well, that show started numerous other dating shows, Rock of Love, Real Chance of Love, Megan Wants to Marry a Millionaire, and so on. I always find myself watching these shows for some reason knowing that they usually suck for the most part and the contestants on the shows are there mainly to make a name for themselves, most of the time looking like fools doing so on these dating shows. The I love Money shows are actually quite funny, I enjoy them the most, they're much like Real World/Road Rules challenges.

I'll admit it... Jersey Shore. I don't know why, that shit just entertains me. The show provides the right amount of laughs for me and their antics are pretty crazy so I'm guessing that's probably why I enjoy it. A ton of people frown upon Jersey Shore, yet it's somehow one of the highest rated shows on TV. Hmmm... I wonder how. There shouldn't be this need to lie, but it's human nature I guess.

I would say my guilty pleasure is most of those reality shows on VH1. It all started with the Surreal Life series, I used to watch that with my ex. From that showed spawned Flavor of Love, which I watched as well, that show started numerous other dating shows, Rock of Love, Real Chance of Love, Megan Wants to Marry a Millionaire, and so on. I always find myself watching these shows for some reason knowing that they usually suck for the most part and the contestants on the shows are there mainly to make a name for themselves, most of the time looking like fools doing so on these dating shows. The I love Money shows are actually quite funny, I enjoy them the most, they're much like Real World/Road Rules challenges.

I Love Money and Real World/Road Rules (And the regular Real World) are some of my favorites too. They're funny and just naturally pretty entertaining. The challenges seem to draw me to them even more. I never liked the dating ones though, they usually just bored me. Although, I find the bickering quite entertaining.

I will add another one to the mix of my Guilty Pleasures...I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching Cheaters!!! That show is AWESOME!!! I mean, how can you NOT love watching the people be presented with the video evidence by Joey Greco. If you are presented with a video of your bf/gf/hubby/wife screwing someone else, and then get asked, "Do you want to go confront them?" Hell yes I'd say yes. I think the episode that got me hooked was a few years ago, my sister was pregnant with her first kid, and we had been out filling up a chocolate cake craving at Applebee's, and she told me "We can make it in time to watch this show where Cheaters get caught, this dude goes after them." Turns out that night, was the episode where Joey goes out on the boat with a 8 month pregnant lady to confront her cheating boyfriend, and he stabbed Joey!! Even funnier, when brought back to shore, there's someone dressed up in an Easter Bunny outfit signaling for an ambulance!! QUALITY TV!!! LOVE IT!!

Man VS Food.

I forget this guy's name(and it drives me crazy because I watch this show every week) but I always make sure to tune in to see what food challenge he's going to take on next. I guess I love this show because I'm crazy about food, and some of the stuff this guy eats on this show will make your mouth water. This guy eats the best of the best. I can still remember going nuts when he was trying to beat the Philly Cheesesteak challenge.

Another guilty pleasure of mine would be Real Chance Of Love. I thought both brothers were highly annoying(especially Chance) but I couldn't manage to pull myself away from both seasons of their show. But I still think the whole Stallionares thing is corny as corny can be.

Also, I guess I would have to add Jersey Shore to my list. I think everyone on that show is stupid, but I just can't look away. Plus, for some reason I have this thing for Snooki.

Man VS Food.

I forget this guy's name(and it drives me crazy because I watch this show every week) but I always make sure to tune in to see what food challenge he's going to take on next. I guess I love this show because I'm crazy about food, and some of the stuff this guy eats on this show will make your mouth water. This guy eats the best of the best. I can still remember going nuts when he was trying to beat the Philly Cheesesteak challenge.

Another guilty pleasure of mine would be Real Chance Of Love. I thought both brothers were highly annoying(especially Chance) but I couldn't manage to pull myself away from both seasons of their show. But I still think the whole Stallionares thing is corny as corny can be.

Also, I guess I would have to add Jersey Shore to my list. I think everyone on that show is stupid, but I just can't look away. Plus, for some reason I have this thing for Snooki.

If you like Man vs Food...I think you'd like my pick of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I'd LOVE to be paid to drive around and cruise for the best local eateries in certain towns!! MVF is amazing!! I don't know HOW he does that!! And for Real Chance of Love..that was too much...I see those brothers are back with their Real Chance:Legend hunters, where they search for creatures. LOL :lol:

Ed, Edd N' Eddy would have to be mine, idk why but there are just certain moments where i laugh my ass off. The show is so stupid its hilarious. I remember this one episode where they think jimmy the kid with the retainer is having a secret fbi meeting in his home when its actually his bday and ed is on the top of a roof and tries to zip line himself into the house when he just smashes face first into the house. Idk why but shit like that always makes me laugh my ass off in that show. Also when ed's taking a bath in gravy. Another one would have to be fairly oddparents. That show has a few moments that me and my friends joke about at times, im mainly a sucker for cartoons that are just random. And i did have a period of time last year when i looked up and watched hey arnold for a couple days...

For the most part, my guilty pleasure shows are Suite Life on Deck, Phineas & Ferb, any Nick show that isn't Penguins or Fanboy & Chum-Chum. My real guilty pleasure show is Antiques Roadshow. Honest to God. I watched it when I was little with my mom, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why I still watch it. I guess it's just a psychological thing. My other real guilty pleasure show would beChowder. It has to be the most mind-numbing show, yet I still watch it. And laugh. Like DJ Mathix said, I love shows that are random for no reason.

iCarly... shut up, don't judge me. I thought the show had some pretty clever dialogue writing until I started noticing the oddly sexual remarks coming from and made TO the underage girls. The entire show started looking like one giant subliminal message to me. It creeped me out and I stopped watching it, but sometimes I'll catch it on TV, when there's nothing else to watch, and I'll keep laughing at it.

(I thought True Blood was a bit of a guilty pleasure for a while, because I felt like I was watching Twilight with cursing and sex. You know, until I got to the second and third seasons. Now I'll gladly announce that shit on Facebook.)

Spongebob Squarepants- its just makes me laugh and the ridiculous but funny storylines are what hook me into it and afterwards i always think whoa WTF why did i just watch that, then i get back to my world of Xbox live

This show on Food Network called Good Eats with Alton Brown... Undoubtedly, he's the most entertaining person to watch on the channel and I watch any show he's in but with Good Eats you can see his brilliance shine bright. The obvious nerdy look and the way he knows so much about food that it's crazy... and not only that, but he explains it in ways that aren't boring.

Another one (also on Food Network) is Iron Chef America and Chopped... I love those shows because it's cool to see how well they act under pressure. I don't let anybody around me know that I watch that stuff, but some of my peeps already admit to liking Rachel Ray which is understandable cause she's beautiful but yeah still lol.

And for one not on the food network, I'm going to say Power Rangers. Sorry but nothing will ever turn me away from power rangers... not even Disney lol And the fact that they got a new series being filmed and produced by the original Power Rangers creators, it's so awesome that it's uncanny... You guys might have Superman, Batman (I like him too), and Spiderman but in the end it's Power Rangers for me... it's the only Super hero show that hasn't been taken off the air yet by low ratings... although Disney tried to kill it.

Flava of Love is one that comes straight to mind. The show is complete trash that is so fucking stupid and unnecessary that I.... well.... I love it. I’ve watched most seasons and for some reason keep going back even though my head is telling me it’s rubbish. Flava’s antics and the girls bitchiness never ceases to crack me up and intrigue me. Definitely not a show I talk about with my friends or even admit to watching. Rock of Love also falls into this category.

Mantracker. Actually, I sent in an application for the show as well. I know the show is fixed, it's obvious in it's design, but something about it appealed to me.

I wanna add another show, Glee! Now I hate most musical type shows/movies. For some reason I can watch this one, I started last year just turned it on one night and ended up watching the rest of the season! Jane Lynch is hilarious, I can definitely see how she won the Emmy this year. The episode last season with NPH was great, he would fit right in as a regular. Of course I'm typing this while watching the season premier.

I wanna add another show, Glee! Now I hate most musical type shows/movies. For some reason I can watch this one, I started last year just turned it on one night and ended up watching the rest of the season! Jane Lynch is hilarious, I can definitely see how she won the Emmy this year. The episode last season with NPH was great, he would fit right in as a regular. Of course I'm typing this while watching the season premier.

This, this, and this. The first episode I saw was the one with NPH. I then saw all the episodes in the rest of the season and then the reruns over the summer. Its just an awesome show. They sing some great songs and put on really good performances. Not to mention that the show is absolutely hysterical. I'm also watching the season premiere right now and the show is picking up right where it left off.

Desperate Housewives

I only originally watched it with my girlfriend, as a comprimise for me watching football or wrestling or something like that. But, the more I watched it and got to know the characters, I started to enjoy it and have no problem watching it now. I mean, its not like I'd watch it by myself or anything like that, but I do get a sort of guilty pleasure when we watch it together.

Maybe it is just the quantity of MILFs on that show...I would love me some Eva Longoria or Teri Hatcher...or that blonde bird who played Edie...oh yes

Not sure what happened to my post from Yesterday, so I'll try again.

Mine is Couger Town with Courtney Cox. I always feel a little emabarrassed when it's on and even go as far as changning the channel if someone walks in the room while I'm watching. I'm not really even sure why either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back