• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Is Your Favorite Cartoon?

Furyof5

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I decided to make this thread to see what people's favorite cartoon is. I created this in a non-spam section as I want actual reasons its your favorite and what it meant to you when you watched it (or even if you still watch it today). Posting video clips of it also helps.

My favorite cartoon would have to be:

Justice League/Justice League Unlimited

[YOUTUBE]I6dF0xYIFsg[/YOUTUBE]

Now Ive seen many cartoons over the years, and it even surprised me that I just picked this, but I dont think Ive liked or cared about a non-Anime cartoon as much as the in the past. Sure Batman The Animated Series may be better in many ways, but Ive always loved combination and event type comics ans cartoons, starting with The Super Friends and going into Batman/Superman Adventures and beyond.

This cartoon had many epic episodes and storylines such as; Vandal Savage taking over the world by having Nazi Germany win WW2, The Legion of Doom with the Joker and their exploits, Darkseid's return when fused with Braniac, the Brainiac episodes, and many more.

Ive read comics before I had seen this show, but not as many until after it. This show revived my love of the super hero genre and comics in general. Along with this it allowed me to meet new people through the shared fandom of the genre and even make new friends; plus it always made for fun and enthralling conversation.

To this day Im sad when I think that this show was never continued or isnt around any more, though there are still good superhero cartoons on, such as Batman: The Brave And The Bold.

So what is your favorite cartoon and how has it effected you?

My favourite cartoon (or Anime, in this situation) is DragonBall Z. I grew up watching DragonBall Z and I never get bored of watching it. It's one of the best anime's of all time next to the likes of Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade etc. The characters are beautifully created, the voice-overs for any language are perfect and the story behind each saga and character is something that's going to be spoken about for years to come. I mean look, people are still talking about it now and the show stopped airing on television, officially in April of 2003. The original run lasted from the first episode that was aired on 26th April 1989 up to the final episode that aired on 31st January 1996.

DragonBall Z has officially gone down in history as one of the greatest Anime's in history, along with it's prequels and sequels, DragonBall and DragonBall GT.

Not to mention it's range of movies aswell.

I consider Anime to be a separate form of animation to Cartoons.

With that said my pick goes to: Batman: The Animated Series (1992).

This show is often regarded as the best animated show of all time due to it's faithful nature to the original comics, whilst building a legacy of it's own. The animation fits directly with the noir style that Gotham City has and the characters look tremendous.

The voice acting is also one of the key reasons that this series is so popular. The most notable voice actors in this show are Kevin Conroy as Batman/Bruce Wayne & Mark Hamill as The Joker. Both have made appearances elsewhere in the DC Animated Universe and both were featured on the vastly popular Batman: Arkham Asylum. These two are who i would consider my definitive versions of their respective characters.

And one more thing, it has one of the greatest opening sequences EVER:

[YOUTUBE]lEx9r5enZsk[/YOUTUBE]​

I have to put up a few..

I LOVE Family Guy..of course, the relationship between Stewie and Brian is unrivaled by anyone else. Then the neighbor Quagmire makes me laugh all the time.

I also like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Meatwad is one cool dude, I love how dumb he is, and his voice is enough to make anyone laugh. I loved it when they tried to brainwash one of the others when doing trivia night at the local bar and grill and they would watch a dvd with ALL the info in the world.

Another one I miss, is Ren and Stimpy. Those two were amazing, gross and happy at the same time. That dog and cat were deeply disturbed, but always would find their way back to each other.

Then last, but not least, Beavis and Butthead. OMG, my fave of all time. Their commentary on the music videos would have me laughing for hours at a time. Last I heard, they were supposed to be bringing it back with new episodes. I can't wait.

If we are talking animation as a whole in this thread then my favorite animated series is definitely South Park. This show is fucking phenomenal at what is does. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have cemented themselves as comedic geniuses through out their tenure with the show and it seems to get better at what it does every season, and that is brilliantly satirize current events and pop culture. There is no show on television currently that does this better than South Park, when they make fun of something it's always spot on and that is the key to the show's success. Season Eleven was epic because it did this so perfectly that all episodes for the most part were great ones. Season Fourteen has been the best season since Eleven so I'm pumped for it's return to television this October, in fact I can hardly wait.

There are many ways that the fall run of Season Fourteen can go in terms of episodes. They could parody the oil spill in the Gulf, Mel Gibson and his ridiculous tirade and antics he's done recently, the Iraq war ending and the troops coming home, or perhaps even the one I want to see most an episode that parodies the shit out of Justin Bieber, that kid seriously needs some Parker/Stone ripping on. The Jonas Brothers got some so he should as well. So anyways as far as current animated shows go South Park is very much my favorite today.

You could also pose the question on which retro cartoons I like. And boy what a question that would be. The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show was always a favorite of mine. Scooby Doo Where Are You? was my favorite from Hannah Barbara, but I liked almost any cartoon produced from their studio. I'm also quite the fan of the old school Mickey Mouse and Company cartoons from the early days of Disney (20s-50s). I'm a major mark for old school cartoons. I truly cannot pick a favorite of these but them as a whole under "Retro Cartoons" have a special place in my heart and no other animated blunders of today can hold a candle to these legendary shows of the past.

As a kid I was always a MASSIVE fun of the "action-type" kids shows, that had their own range of action figures...I spent literally all my pocket money on action figures, I had hundreds lol.

Some of my favourites were

Thundercats
Transformers
Biker Mice From Mars
Masters Of The Universe
Captain Planet & The Planeteers

[YOUTUBE]Exe0IEB3hKs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]P_cpV00c4IE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vpXM9bj-WPU[/YOUTUBE]

Later on, when we got SKY, I loved Johnny Bravo on Cartoon Network, that guy was HILARIOUS!

And obviously The Simpsons, South Park, Family guy are the ones I watch and love today.

Fella's definitely the simpsons they are just whacked out funny i hate seeing so many repeats but one of my favourite bits were when groundskeeper willie was talking about some incident back in scotland and he's like no one made it out alive NOT EVEN WILLIE! and the few moments pause were just hilarious and the movie when bart's nude on the skate board and goes past Ralph and Ralph goes i like men now that's one of the most funny ralph moments

Um, as a kid it would have been Pokemon. How good was that show for a kid, it was the thing to watch when you were 8 or so. Then the games came out and became even better. Pokemon Yellow/Red/Silver whatever you like was just so fun and I spent countless hours playing those games, and how could you not. Everybody liked Pokemon, EVERYBODY! To this day they have made some good games as well. Mystery dungeon isn't bad in my opinion and Ruby/Sapphire was always a good game to play as well.

Now thought it would probably be South Park. Not only is it a laugh but it is actually showing us what some of the people do in real life. Some of it might be controversial but who cares? It's whats happening in real life. Some of these episodes that spring to mind are the 'global warming' one and the one about Muhammad being on a cartoon. They are classic but it's really what is happening in the world right now. Who would of thought that news could be so humerous?

Other mentions:
Street Sharks
Beyblades
Simpsons.

besides the obvious ones (family guy, tmnt, transformers g1, dbz)

rockos modern life always cracked me up. classic old school nickelodeon.

batman the animated series. joker+mark hamill= awesome.

animaniacs. brought us the great pinky& the brain. all hail the brain.

and one of my alltime fav's -The TICK!... if u havent seen this, u are missing out. Spoon!!!!

My favorites growing up were Dragonball Z and pokemon on the cartoon network and the classic nick shows like doug, hey arnold, rocko's modern life, rugrats. I also love fairly oddparents once in a while. But mainly the only cartoons i watch now when i have time are family guy, south park and robot chicken. cartoons are nowhere near as good as they used to be. Maybe just cause im older who knows

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of.. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES! This show WAS my childhood. Probably had the single biggest impact on me growing up, and seems no matter what age I am, I can sit back and watch this show and still enjoy it. Who can honestly say they DON'T like TMNT? I mean really now.

But I also had a strong attachment to Undergrads. Even if it was canceled after one season. Was weird how these characters were so easy to relate to, as well as some of the things they did on the show. Hope they do bring it back one day

Pokemon or Dragonball Z. I don't know if its just me, or if they're projecting subliminal messages but I can't watch wither show without wanting to run up to my attic and get my action figures, or pull out my N64 and play Pokemon Stadium 2 and pit Lugia against Ho-Oh.

I guess a close second place would be Street Sharks, or some of the old "Cartoon Cartoons" (Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab)

Every Cartoon I watched when I was a kid has very little to absolutely no re-watching value today as an adult for me. I tried watching Rocko's Modern Life just the other day, and man.... I just couldn't handle it. I don't know if it'd be like that for something like Doug (which was undoubtedly my favorite Nickelodeon cartoon growing up), but after watching Rocko's Modern Life... I wouldn't be surprised.

I also tried watching Turtles Forever after the hype it got here from guys like Sly, Norcs, KB, etc. and again... I just couldn't put up with it more than just a few minutes. And I was the BIGGEST TMNT fan growing up. I loved the cartoons, live action movies, had all the toys and accessories, etc.

Anyways, there are about five cartoons though now that I can sit down and enjoy, but they're all geared towards adults, so it's no surprise.

South Park - Anybody who knows anything about me knows how much I love this show. I have since I first saw it during its 2nd Season. Today it's even better than ever.

King of the Hill - Has that Saved by the Bell quality with me where no matter how many times I've seen each episode, it never gets old. The subtle humor and interesting stories the show contains make it such.

Beavis and Butt-head - Loved it when I was a kid, and love it today. Unfortunately, I haven't watched an actual episode in years since Mike Judge and whoever else have been real stingy about releasing the series on DVD (fuck that "Best of" crap), but that doesn't devalue the show for me in the least bit.

Darker Than Black - An anime Marquis got me to watch, and it's fantastic. Extremely intelligent, action packed, drama filled awesomeness. That's the only way to describe it. If you have the means, I highly suggest checking it out, whether you're a fan of anime or not.

Death Note - The only other anime I've ever watched. The incredible live-action films made me check it out, and I didn't regret it for a single second. Every bit as good as the two films (if not better), especially the first 25 episodes.

I don't know, i'ev always loved Hannah Barbara cartoons. Most notably Scooby Doo that dog was my whole life. I used to watch it everyday and if i didnt i would be like so empty for the rest of the day.
Another cartoon i still enjoy to this day is Ren 'n' Stimpy for the shear weird shit that goes on in that cartoon. Classic stuff.

I just remembered a few cartoons I neglected to include on my list..

Aeon Flux...
She was being aired on MTV late night for quite a while. That was one damn trippy cartoon. Talk about some freaked out situations. But damn I liked watching all the weird things going on in that show. It used to be part of a show called "Liquid Television."

Another one that was more recently on Mtv was called "DJ and The Fro" it was two guys who worked in an office cubicle, and all they did was watch Viral Videos on their work computers, and they would make snappy comments on them all day long. It was hilarious. It was a more corporate themed of Beavis and Butthead, but take out the music videos, and instead replace it with viral videos.

First one that comes to mind is The Boondocks, it's probably my favorite show on TV right now. Courage the Cowardly Dog is another, I used to watch that show in 2nd grade, and recently re-discovered it. South Park and Family Guy as well, both are classics. All the old Looney Tunes shit, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd was always welcome, my parents introduced that too me at a young age and I still love it to this day.

Beavis and Butthead is obvioulsy hillarious, I can't wait for the new episodes. Pretty much anything on Cartoon Network/Toonami and Nickelodeon back in they day, Johhny Bravo, Team Rocket, Spongebob, Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, Dragon Ball Z, etc. Back in like 3rd grade my favorite shows were Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, but those got old quick.

That would be Tom & Jerry.

I'm 26-years old and I can still watch any episode of it and not only laugh out loud, but legitimately enjoy myself and almost lose myself in the hilarity of it all.

The program is an absolute classic and paved the way for similar style cartoons over the generations.

Well, I agree that Justice League unlimited was great, I own the whole series on DVD. If the question is for all time, I gotta say....

TRANSFORMERS G1 Season 1-4 hands down.

Although Batman the animated series and X-men 1990's would be VERY close 2nd. Transformers has so much of my childhood in the 80s. The animated movie was the first movie I saw in the movie theater when I was 3 (In 1986) so that show will always have my heart

[youtube]0QgjwxPZxWo[/youtube]

I'm gonna say Afro Samurai. I love this show i know it's not a "cartoon" per se but i'm going to classify it as a cartoon for the sake of the thread. The art style is awesome, the fighting is crazy, and the story is great. The soundtrack goes so well with the show, probably my favorite soundtrack of all time.

But more of a traditional cartoon, probably Fairly Odd Parents. I find this show hilarious. The stuff they do in this show is sometimes just so random and out of nowhere it cracks me up. And the writing in this show is great. Sometimes i just scratch my head while im cracking up and ask myself where in the world do they come up with this stuff.

My favorite show is Hey Arnold! It wasn't like other cartoons, it dealt with semi-real issues in a comical, yet realistic way. Every episode there was a great story told of the trials of growing up in a lower class urban area. The things that happened always seemed like they were actual stories from the writers growing up and were believable and you could always relate to what one of the kids were going through at that age.

I also loved the outlandish characters and weird side-characters. Like Stoop Kid and Monkey Man. But Arnold and Gerald were my fucking boys growing up. Arnold was the always do-right, stand up for what you believe in kid on the outside but had doubts about himself and others on the inside. Gerald was the cool kid everyone liked yet still had problems of his own. Helga being madly in love with Arnold yet not being able to show her true feelings lest she be exposed as weak and mocked by others. These were detailed characters with real personalities and issues.

I guess as a kid I was put in front of the T.V. for most of the day, so I learned most of my morals and life lessons through cartoons and other shows. But this show dealt with real issues and how kids deal with them. They weren't always the right decisions and they made a million mistakes but thats what growing up is and thats what this show was about. It wrapped all that together and was still funny and could entertain kids. Love that show. Sorry for rambling.

In terms of childhood cartoons, I grew up on Rugrats. Can you say Reptar FTW? I loved that show and sometimes I go back to my old Rugrats video cassettes just to watch them for nostalgia. Also, just about anything you find on the Boomerang channel (the channel with a bunch of old Cartoon Network cartoons) is worth watching.

In terms of anime, I grew up on Dragonball Z and Pokemon. Although as time went by, I started to get sick of the Pokemon tv show and began to favor the Pokemon video games. But Dragonball Z never lost its appeal to me and still remains as one of my all time favorites to this day. Currently, (and good ol' Doc can vouch for me here) arguably my current favorite anime is Death Note. Nothing like a good mystery thriller genre of anime to grab your attention. From beginning to end, Death Note had hooked my attention and never let go. One of my favorite things about Death Note was that it hardly (if ever) came off as overly "cheesy" as I found other anime such as Yu-Gi-Oh! to have a problem with but I think that's just because Death Note appeals to a somewhat more "mature" audience.

My favorite cartoon would have to be the Rugrats. It's funny that the show is the same age as me and I will continue to watch every chance I get. I'm never tired to see the diaper rash jokes and eating dirt and worms. I can say there's not an episode that I haven't liked.

King of the Hill is one of my all time favorite television shows, not just cartoons. I love Hank Hill, I really think he is a great depiction of a normal person. He is so conservative that it literally is funny. He doesn't break the rules, he loves his wife, and he sells propane. What is there not to love? I also love most of the supporting characters. Dale, Bill, Boomhaur, John Redcorn, Octavio, and a few others are absolutely hilarious in their own ways. They definitely make up for the annoying family, yeah I don't like Peggy or Bobby. The show is just hilarious. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back