• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrasslin' Tapes

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Anybody still holding onto their old VHS tapes? I for some reason still have not gotten rid of my old wrestling tapes, simply because I spent so much time when I was younger taping all kinds of stuff off the early days of the WWE 24/7 package, plus all the old masters I convinced my parents to buy for me as a kid when I we'd go to a Coconuts or Sam Goody. Yeah, remember those stores?

I bring this up just because I wanted to watch a particular episode of RAW with an old Vader/Austin match on it and was pleasantly surprised to find I still had it on VHS. And I may be one of the few people who still has a VCR hooked up and working fine. Fuckin' Sanyo bro.

Anyone else still holding onto some old wrasslin' tapes, or even still watch them? I pop em in from time to time if I don't have another copy of a certain show.

I've got quite a lot:
- Mania 16, 17, 18 and 19
- Capital Carnage (UK only PPV) from 1998 and King of the Ring from 2000
- Judgment Day, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Vengeance from 2001
- Royal Rumble, No Way Out, Judgment Day, Unforgiven, No Mercy and Armageddon from 2002
- Royal Rumble, No Way Out, Judgment Day and SummerSlam from 2003
- Spring Stampede 1999 and Souled Out 2000 were bought from Car Boot Sales and a Taped Off Channel 4 Video Tape of inVasion.

I have a bunch packed away somewhere at my mom's house. Usually I'll watch some if I spend the night. Handful of Raw tapes and some WWF produced ones.

I've got a decent amount of the old official WWF Home Video tapes

-No Way Out 1998
-Wrestlemania XIV
-Over the Edge 1998
-King of the Ring 1998
-Fully Loaded 1998
-Armageddon 1999
-No Way Out 2000
-Backlash 2000
-Judgment Day 2000
-King of the Ring 2000
-Summerslam 2000
-Survivor Series 2000
-Armageddon 2000
-Backlash 2001
-Judgment Day 2001

Though I may have lost one or two of those over the years, that's what I had last time I remember poking into my old VHS bins.

- Spring Stampede 1999 and Souled Out 2000 were bought from Car Boot Sales and a Taped Off Channel 4 Video Tape of inVasion.

Ah, the good old days of Channel 4 hosting PPVs. I remember my brother and I taping the 2001 Royal Rumble, InVasion and Vengeance. Couple this with Sunday Night Heat, it was the only way for us to be caught up on events going on back then. When Channel 4 no longer aired Heat & PPVs, I didn't see reason to buy anymore tapes as I didn't know what was going on outside of the games until around 2004-05.

I still have my official WWF VHS tapes, mainly for 2000 and 2001:
- Wrestlemania 16 and 17
- Backlash 2000
- Fully Loaded 2000
- Summerslam 2000
- Unforgiven 2000 & 2001
- No Mercy 2000
- Survivor Series 2000 & 2001
- Armageddon 2000
- Royal Rumble 2001
- No Way Out 2001
- InsurreXtion 2001 (I was there, so figured I'd have it)
- The Best of Raw Vol. 1-3
- Mayhem in Manchester (came with 'Mania 16)

I still play them at different times on my VHS player, but I will need to offload them at some point.

Wow this actually got me thinking... I taped Raw for like 2 years straight in the late 90's, would be awesome if I could find those tapes.

But I do have a few such as Mania 15, 17, 18, Invasion 2001, KOTR 1997, Survivor Series 1996, Unforgiven 1997, Badd Blood, probably a few more somewhere.

Good thread man.

Yeah, like the others most my taping began with the free Channel 4 PPVs, but my neighbour had sky sports and ew started taping there and buying the PPVs. I think I have most of 200 and all of 2001. Every now and then I dip in, just to get my fill of William Regal and friends.

I have tons. When I was younger I got a really bad flu and daytime TV was shite, so my brother found some dude selling loads of recorded VHS tapes online for like €200. My mom bought them for me and I spent about the next two months solidly watching wrestling. For a 7 oe 8-year-old to be able to watch stuff from the early 90's and late 80's was pretty cool. Think it's why I came to appreciate Ric Flair so much. I think they're in my attic at my home-home.

And watching PPV's on Channel 4 sucked dick.

Dude, those days were terrible. They used to do ad breaks at regularly scheduled intervals meaning that you occasionally missed the end of matches.

I remember the breaks being badly timed, but when comparing the C4 version of the 2001 Rumble to the official VHS, there was no issue, just a break. But the breaks were a fair compromise for not having Sky, but you're right, it still was bad for presenting a show that is meant to have no breaks.

At least it's not like how ITV does FA Cup matches.

I still own a bunch but they are all at my mom's house probably packed away in her basement somewhere. Off the top of my head the VHS's I have are Wrestlemania 2, 9, 10, 16, and 17. Royal Rumble 1998, 1999, and 2002. Survivor Series 1992, KOTR 1998, Armageddon 2000, Beach Blast 1993, and I have a Best of Ultimate Warrior VHS from the early 90's. I also had a tape with old recordings that had a couple episodes of RAW, an episode of Nitro, and a couple Clash of the Champions all from around 1995-1996.

I still have somewhere in the area of 25-50 wrestling VHS tapes, half official releases and the other half recordings from over the years. They haven't been touched in years though. They just sit in a box at my mom's house.

49230017.jpg

I own more wrestling VHS tapes than I do wrestling DVD's. And I still watch some of them occassionally for nostalgia, mostly the Attitude Era ones.

Cause Stone Cold So
Austin 3.16: Uncensored
Hell Yeah: Stone Cold's Saga Continues
Austin vs. McMahon: The Whole True Story
Stone Cold Steve Austin: What?
The Rock: Know Your Role
The Rock: The Peoples Champ
The Rock: Just Bring It
The Best Of Hulkamania
Hulk Still Rules
Kurt Angle: It's True It's True
Chris Jericho: Break Down The Walls

WWF Wrestlemania 6
WWF Summerslam 1991
WWF Royal Rumble 1992
WWF Royal Rumble 1994
WWF In Your House: Mind Games
WWF In Your House: Final Four
WWF Wrestlemania 13
WWF In Your House: Canadian Stampede
WWF Summerslam 1997
WWF In Your House: Badd Blood
WWF In Your House: D-Generation X
WWF Royal Rumble 1998
WWF Wrestlemania XIV
WWF Over The Edge 1998
WWF Summerslam 1998
WWF In Your House: Breakdown
WWF Survivor Series 1998
WWF Capital Carnage
WWF Wrestlemania 2000/Best Of Raw Volume 2
WWF Armageddon 2000
WWF Royal Rumble 2001
WWF Wrestlemania X7
WWF Backlash 2001
WWF Invasion
WWF Royal Rumble 2002

WWF 1992 Year In Review
WWF 1993 Year In Review
WWF 1994 Year In Review
WWF 1995 Year In Review
WWF 1996 Year In Review
Best Of The WWF 2001

WCW Spring Stampede 1999
WCW The Best Of The 1990's
WCW/NWO Superstar Series: DDP - Feel The Bang/Macho Man - The Man Behind The Madness

ECW Big Ass Extreme Bash
ECW Anarchy Rulz 1999

Beyond The Mat

I know I have a lot of early to mid 2000s RAWs and Smackdowns on VHS. Been meaning to transfer them to DVD, but I haven't watched them in a long time. Too lazy to set up the DVD/VCR transfer thing. I also have a few Coliseum Home Videos and maybe even a couple WCW tapes that we bought when the local video store used to sell off tapes to make more room.

I actually just got rid of every VHS tape I had (except one Wrestlemania 17 VHS) about 2 weeks ago. With everything on the internet now plus the network, I feel no need to keep them. Plus my VCR rewind broke and would rewind very slowly. And I haven't watch a VHS in over 3 years so it is not like I ever used them.

Had a lot of attitude era stuff along with Hogan stuff. Mostly stuff from when I started watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back