• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You know what's ruining it?

Ghostboy259

Proud ROH Fanboy
"and he hits it! The 619!"

Rey Mysterio has used the 619 for awhile. But when i think of people saying "Wrestling is fake!", i think of the 619.

Look at JBL at WM25. After getting hit, he had to move into the splash for rey. I mean, people dont know how to get hit by it. Look at Jeff Hardy. The most realistic reaction because he didnt stop it with his hands to early, or at all in that case. Why can't rey start using the Frog Splash?

I don't like to say wrestling is fake, but I mean come on everyone knows it's a work. Who cares if the move isn't the most realistic. This is pro wrestling! Tons of stuff in pro wrestling don't make any sense, but is still great. Tons of moves as well. Take the Rock Bottom or the Worm for instance. Two of the most ridiculous moves you'll ever see in a wrestling ring, yet both moves were insanely over.

I think that the 619 is the phoniest finisher because its the splash after the kick that nocks people out. Well i've seen people splashed on by a big man like big dady v from the top rope and they were able to get up. It's funny how the monster Kane would get defeated by a man whos under 200 jumping on him, after allkane has gotten up from his share of rock botoms and stunners.

The only thing I don't like about that move is the set up...it just doesn't work for me. The move itself looks good imo and the impact of having someone's feet driven into your head is believable enough.

But it is way over with the casual audience and the kids, and that's what counts in today's WWE.

Take the Rock Bottom or the Worm for instance. Two of the most ridiculous moves you'll ever see in a wrestling ring, yet both moves were insanely over.

Don't you mean the People's Elbow? The Rock Bottom is a variation of an actual suplex and is easily executed and would hurt like hell. I didn't mind the PE, unless he won the match with it because that's just lame.

I don't think Scotty ever won a match with the Worm, and tbh Scotty 2 Hotty was a character that you were never supposed to really take seriously anyway.

As for the 619, the worst thing to me is the fact that originally it was always the set up for the West Coast Pop, which was far a better move i'd say. But for some reason (i guess someone got hurt taking it, and Vince said 'no more of that') they decided Rey was no longer going to have a finisher and now just has a signature move on it's own. No springboard hurracanrana, just jump on the ropes and flop on top of them or if Rey's not booked to win...... nothing. Wow.

Who cares, its pro wrestling. The whole show is a work. I've seen sillier moves in my day from wrestlers more over than Rey. Let a grown man swing around at full speed, and kick you in the face with both feet, and then you can say how weak the move is. Its all about the spectacle.

Don't over analyze professional wrestling, because its not supposed to "make sense" or "seem real". They tell you its fake right to your face, but you are still looking for something to be "real". It will never be real or realistic for that matter. It is a show, no different than Law & Order, 30 Rock, or The Simpsons. Nothing more.

i don't see the 619 as a finisher and not even as a setup for a finisher, in fact, with rey's size, the most suitable finisher he can have is his opponent getting DQd or counted out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back