• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You are the TNA GM: How Do You Fix TNA?

SAMOA JOE - after his battle with Jeff Jarrett ends, we see Joe return to the X-Divison Butcher he was in 2005. A monster that just annihilates anyone in the ring, but also a locker room leader. Next time anything like Immortal or the Main Event Mafia is even HINTED at, the boys go to the Samoan Submission Machine.

JEFF HARDY - needs to be dropped from TNA until he sorts out his legal problems. Once he does that, leave the door open for a return. IF he is granted a return to the company, his storyline would be "redemption" and he works his way back up to the top.

KURT ANGLE - frenemies with Joe. These two men know they are the best at what they do and do not upset each other for no reason. Angle is the "seasoned veteran" of the locker room, the guy everyone else looks up to. He's Superman to Samoa Joe's Batman.

ROB VAN DAM - Yeah, he's a huge name, but if you want a real adrenaline shot to the heart of the X-Division, put RVD in there. His entire moveset screams "X-Division". This one is amazingly simple.

ABYSS - After Immortal fails in their conquest, Abyss' path of destruction seeks to restart. Joe leaves it in the ring, but Abyss is a monster out for blood. Even the THREAT of Monster's Ball is a nightmare for the roster.

MATT MORGAN - the douchebag of the locker room. He's good and he knows it. He can be counted on, but others don't particularly enjoy going to him for help.

ERIC YOUNG - explains his recent random actions as attention-grabs for TV time. Eric was hinted at being smarter than he ever let on with the World Elite and that was an interesting turn for his character. Eric becomes his lovable self again and has fun with that persona, but in the ring, he's a mastermind. Eric eventually makes a run at the TV title, possibly winning it.

ALISSA FLASH - returns to the company and sets out to destroy all of the Knockouts, one by one. A trail of bodies is left in the wake of the "Future Legend" as she works her way up to Knockouts champion, MICKIE JAMES.

ROBBIE E - with his 'Jersey Shore' inspired gimmick should make a run at the TV Title. I'm not saying he should WIN it, but I don't see why he shouldn't be in a program with Williams. Could be fun with Williams' serious submission style against Robbie's over-the-top persona.

TEAM 3D - said they'd retire. Keep 'em on as trainers if you can't outright ditch them, but I generally like teams that keep their word.

DIXIE CARTER - off TV.
ERIC BISCHOFF - off TV.
HULK HOGAN - off TV, released if possible.

ORLANDO JORDAN and BRIAN KENDRICK are released.

KNOCKOUTS TAG TITLES are dissolved.

AJ STYLES - the face of TNA, but stays as the prick World Champion. Having lead Fortune in a revolt against Ric Flair and the rest of Immortal, Styles actually goes on to be the turning point for TNA's victory over Immortal. And he doesn't let them forget it.

I'd keep Matt Morgan in the title scene or at least near the top of the card. Any "new acquisitions", if they ABSOLUTELY MUST have some, should face Jeff Jarrett and that's his role. Jay Lethal & Amazing Red would make a fun team, I think. MCMGuns keep the tag titles, but we need to mix it up and not go back to the Beer Money well. I like Mr. Anderson as he is now...

Scale back to 4 PPVs - Lockdown, Slammiversary, Bound For Glory, and something else - Final Resolution or Destination X. "Less is more" is at work here as TV is made more important (only place to see the roster in action) and PPVs become the blowoffs to top feuds rather than "the next chapter". With that 3 month gap between PPVs, you can adequately build heated feuds and see which pairings work in-ring and personality wise.

There is no fixing TNA, in my opinion. Hogan & regime have run the company into the ground in my eyes, slowly but surely. Sure, they've helped ratings slightly. But with the talent acquisitions they've made ($$$) and the fact that they are more than likely not making that much more profit (I seriously question if they are making profit sometimes) than they were making pre-Hogan; I don't see how they can stay afloat too much longer. That being said; if they are still alive after Hogan & the majority of the talent that's been snatched up since his arrival contracts are up; I'd rebuild TNA with mostly new wrestlers while keeping people such as Joe, MCMG, etc., new writers, I'd ditch the female tag titles and TV title, unify X-Division and World, and start the company from basically scratch and make a new direction for the company (aka not Attitude Era Lite). Would it be an overnight success? Hell no. It'd take years to build up properly. But Rome wasn't built in a night; and neither are wrestling organizations.

Okay so I'm trying to sleep, but I just fucking can't. So I turn on my laptop and after going through a lot of TNA threads, it took me this far back before I could find a thread with the amount of freedom and fun this thread gives you. It is such a simple question, how would you fix TNA, and it is a thread I can have the most fun with. So sorry about bringing up an old thread.

I would look to create a more serious and intense product. Right now the matches are serious, intense and aggresive. They just need more clean finishes. As for promos, every wrestler would take on a more intense promo style, with the exception of D'Angelo Dinero, because a comedy promo style fits his character better, and it helps him stand out from the rest. A guy like Anderson might be good at a comedy style, but his promos on ReACTION a few weeks back, were the best promos I've seen in a while, which is why I think he should stick to an intense promo style. It would benifit wrestlers who don't have great mic skills, if they were linked with great promo tellers like Flair, Foley, Taz ect. people who are ready to give back to the business.

If you compare TNA's wrestling ring with the WWE's ring, you will see a large difference in size. So lets say TNA make their ring the same size as WWE's, it would not look right, because they are in Such a small arena compared to the WWE's arena. But if TNA took a different approach and brought back the 6 sided ring it would help disguise the smallness of the ring, and give them a unique look. Then you would have 2 different things, you would be unable to compare, in size. Which is why I think TNA should take a different approach in places the WWE excel. Of course there are going to be things like atendances and production values that might seem like money issues, but what if there were no lights on the crowd, but only on the tron and ring, And if they then added sound which would make the crowd seem bigger, like in sitcoms where they add laughs. My piont is I would change the things the WWE are better at then TNA, so you can not compare them. And if you compare something small like the look of Championships, TNA wins, with the exception of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. So that is something which dosen't need to be changed, except I'ld change the straps of the TV and Knockouts Belts to black. And The KO Tag Titles look shit, but if I was in charge they would be demolished anyway. Although some might think this last paragraph might have been about small thing which do not matter, I think if you add 'em all up they can affect your view of the product overall.

The next issue would be booking, This is TNAs biggest problem, but I don't think I would be a good booker, and since Paul Heyman refused the chance to join TNA, And Jim Cornette has been very public in his disaproval of TNA, I would try and sign Gabe Spalosky and let him make the creative decisions, and of course fire Russo.

Then I would combine the X and TV Titles to form the Xtreme Championship. The Xtreme Belt would be the same as the TV Belt but with a black strap like I said earlier. Any past TV or X Champs would be seen as former Xtreme Champs, like marching on together said. Then on to the World Heavyweight Title, I would drop the word heavyweight to show that it is a title for every weight class, and gain the word wrestling to show it is a wrestling based company and not a sports entertainment based company. Then there would be 4 main Championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back