• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Exactly, what's wrong with Raw? And how do you fix it?

About a number of things. First off is we were spoiled by the attitude era... nothing will ever top that because it was so over the top to begin with. I had friends watching Raw 10 years ago that I never though in a million years would watch wrestling. #2 they are not pushing anybody worth pushing. You have all these amazing talents who could hold the IC title and instead they give it to Regal who is by far the most boring wrestler ever. They don't get creative anymore... its the same show everyweek other than the main event. You might hate JBL but atleast the guy looks better with the belt then some of the people they gave it too in the last 2 years.

First it starts off with Cena comming out and rambling on and on, then its a mixed Diva Tag Match, then some jobber comes out who recieved a poor push expecting a match only to find out that Kane is going to come out and give him a choke slam. Then Todd Grisham interviews either Batista, Triple H, John Cena or Randy Orton, then an annoying segment with a McMahon, then HBK will come out and prove that the oldest wrestler active is still by far the best... after they make his character seem week and stupid. Then the main even which usually involves Cena, Orton, Batista and JBL and then the end of the show. Yes they have done some different things every now and then but who can remember it? those moments are few and far between. Don't even get me started on the whole Jericho vs Steamboat, Snuka and Piper angle. Two of them are two old to take a slight bump and piper looks so unconfortable that you think he is gong to have a heart attack any minute. They could have put anyone in there! Why not have Hogan come out and take him on. Yes he would demand about a billion dollars for his appearence and I'm sure he would only show if he knew he was going to win the match but still... its better then the current senario.

And last but not least they damn Hall of Fame... Lets face it, the only thing people care about is Austin and maybe the Von Erichs who are long over due... but Bill Watts?? KoKo?? are you f'ning kidding me?? If they did a did a 2 hour prime time special on USA and inducted more diserving legends... and I know your thinking who I'm thinking so lets just leave it at that! They could build up the HOF for 3 months and it would do great for ratings! ...but hey, its all about Vince and his ego and if the guy was smart, he would do WHATEVER it takes to make the 2010 HOF with Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Savage, the Warrior and even Owen Hart. If they did all that, people would tune into Raw just in the desperate hopes to see them get inducted regardless of how pathetic the show is.

I'm actually tuning in more now that I was 2-3 years ago, and am getting more into the product. What bothers me (and of course, there are those that enjoy this), is the repetitive 15-20 minutes of a)rehashing what happened the previous Monday and b)somebody coming to the ring to talk for the entire 15 minutes...I invariably turn it to Heroes and get wrapped up and forget that Raw is even on. This past Monday was great, right into the action so for me it was a far better product right out of the gate.

Another thing, is the beating of superstars over our heads. We know Jericho hates the Legends, we know Koslov is a Russian monster, yet its pounded into us every week as if we suffer from short attention spans.

Finally, it's always been said that the worst thing that you can hear as a superstar when you come through the curtain...is silence. No pop, no jeers...just silence. Much as what you get with Koslov, Finlay, Hornswaggle, Priceless, the Big Show, even Kane now that he's become even more mundane that he ever has been. What I think most of us miss about the Attitude Era was just that, attitude, and entertainment...Val Venus (Venis?), Godfather, DX, they were all very entertaining. As are Cryme Tyme, Santino Marella (sp?)(((PUT UP THE HONKAMETER!!!))) and they're buried and given hardly any screen time. Meanwhile, we get lots of talking, lots of hyping next Monday, lots of rehashing the storylines, lots of Jericho giving the same speech week in and week out (parasites anyone?), lots of Randy Orton making faces, and it just gets repetitive, it's not fresh anymore.

Anyhow, just my $.02

The problem, actually, at the moment, is Vince. Up until No Way Out the WWE were doing some fucking cool stuff. But Vince has clearly totally jumped the gun on creative and has swerved not only us but them time and time over. Hence the totally fucked-up storyline with Edge, Cena, Big Show and Vickie, that was obviously thought up out of total desperation due to lack to anything else. It's shockingly poor: even if Vickie were sexy it wouldn't really work. I can only hope we get a decent match out of it: Edge retaining and moving away from Vickie towards tweener status.

Triple H and Orton...meh. After No Way Out there was no choice, but this has been done before. I've loved Jericho's mic work in the legends storylines, particularly because it's just so true. Particularly the bits about Flair. In fairness to Vince, it was bad luck that Rourke pulled out, and bad luck that neither Hogan nor Austin are up for it. You can't always help these things. Batista's injury was also, in some respects, bad luck. You never really get good matches out of Batista but in the right storyline his character can work well.

Funnily enough, though, I think the bigger problem with RAW is the general manager's role. It's become very dominant, a very large part of the show, which means of course you need someone highly charismatic to play the role. Since Regal, who was getting amazing heat as GM, got "fired", we've had Adamle (sucked), Stephanie (only meh, I'm afraid: her most memorable moment as RAW GM was getting RKOed), and now Vickie, right at the moment when her character is becoming stale and annoying. Personally I thought they should have put Regal right back into the role after his suspension was up, but that would have made a mockery of the Wellness Policy.

A role for JBL in future, perhaps?

Sly, if WWE could get Andre to work that match, they deserve a medal.

The problem here is a combination of things to me. Number one and likely the biggest of them all: this is shaping up to be one of the most boring WMs of all time. Seriously, the what, 6th time Orton and HHH have met on PPV for the title? That's more than overkill. That's just bad, lazy booking. Look at Shawn and Taker. They haven't had a one on one match on PPV in what, over 10 years? People have forgotten about those matches now and that match could get a great build. The problem inherent with WWE is that they give away so many big matches on bad PPVs or on free TV that there's nothing at all left.

Somehow, both world titles are on Smackdown right now yet are being hyped on Raw. Cena and Edge has been done to death as well, so what's the solution? Throw in the Big Show, who can rival Jericho as the biggest flop in main event history. What is this supposed to solve? The booking for this show is just flat out awful. The true main event is two guys in their mid forties that are going to have to save this show by themselves. There are several possible combinations that would work better than this, but that's for a different thread.

I think the other reason that Raw is going downhill is fans know they're not going to miss much once the matches are set in stone. Think about it. We're going to get just more and more buildup for the next two Raws that'll be nothing but random matches where the endings will mean nothing. DOes that sound interesting to you, because it certainly doesn't to me.

1. No major stars fans can get behind ala Hogan, Rock, Austin. The fans want someone THEY pick, not someone shoved down their throats (see Cena). That's what happens when you feed your roster to a handful of guys then release an abundance of talented stars. A great example just happened on ECW a few weeks ago. Kane took on Boogeyman. The WWE could have built that match up similar to Papa Shango/Warrior then had it open Wrestlemania. There's so much that could have been done instead of focusing once again on Cena and HHH.
2. The same people always in the title picture: Cena, HHH, Edge
3. WWE marks
4. Way too much Cena
5. JBL needs a bra and off tv forever.

I've been to many WCW, and WWF/WWE shows here in South Louisiana. I always wanted to attend a Wrestlemania and was looking forward to going to the 25th anniversary 3hrs away in Houston. The sad thing is as the card was leaked and the build began myself and 4 friends decided not to go because we're sick of the same of crap. Every match on the card has been seen a million times with the exception of the Jericho/Legends angle. I'm not even remotely interested in it to purchase the ppv, nor are any of my friends. Until the WWE decides to elevate some talent they'll continue to lose ratings and $$$$$$

Well first off RAW has about 3 main eventers (batista is injured). I mean cena makes for such a boring match shawn michaels shouldnt be fighting legends Randy orton has much talent but it hasnt really been used since 2006. Lets start with orton, as we know RAWs ratings have dropped and orton is an amazing competitor but really do you want to see the 2 same people (Randy orton vs triple h) its really boring. Second john cena, i dont really have much to say about him except that he makes for such a boring match. Third HBK he makes good rivalries but we always see him to repeat his rivalries for example him vs the undertaker and randy orton. I would say its the writers fault i've been watching WWE since 2004 and i've seen some awesome stuff and i know RAW can do much better but its the talents fault WWE really needs to think about who to draft to what roster this year and they really need to go back to 2 rosters i mean what has ECW done for them nothing. Back to RAW, the way i see it is the writers well arent doing a good effort at all and RAW is starting disappoint me i stay to 11:00 watching the T.V to see boring stuff happen is pretty disappoitnting to me.RAW talent and writers really need to step up their game.

1. No major stars fans can get behind ala Hogan, Rock, Austin. The fans want someone THEY pick, not someone shoved down their throats (see Cena). That's what happens when you feed your roster to a handful of guys then release an abundance of talented stars. A great example just happened on ECW a few weeks ago. Kane took on Boogeyman. The WWE could have built that match up similar to Papa Shango/Warrior then had it open Wrestlemania. There's so much that could have been done instead of focusing once again on Cena and HHH.

As I recall, they were behind Cena, and were still cheering for him despite the number of guys in the crowd who wanted to be cool on the 'net and say 'I waz thare and bood Cena Lawls'.

Second point, Warrior and Shango was up there as worst feuds. Do you remember a match, an ending perhaps, or do you remember Warrior vomiting in the ring? Eh, probably not. Add to that Kane being past it and Boogeyman being released and that would be a real awesome match

2. The same people always in the title picture: Cena, HHH, Edge
Kennedy - injured, MVP - chronically mediocre, Morrison - Tag champ, Carlito - Whiney bitch and tag champ, DH Smith - do I have to go down the roster or are you getting where I'm going with this.

Let's go over the non-same people... CM Punk had a 'fun' reign where people were mind-numbingly entertained that they stopped caring, Jeff Hardy lasted a month because a feud with Matt for the main belt would be just too ridiculous

3. WWE marks
I'm sure WWE is crying rivers over having people who actually enjoy the product instead of people complaining all the time about how terrible it is, how it was never as good as it was. Here's an idea... pick up your remote, press a button or two and watch, I don't know, the Simpsons, Oprah, anything.
4. Way too much Cena
Cena (to people who actually enjoy the entertainment aspect) is entertaining. He sells, he can talk, he has energy in the ring. Not overly good at Overhead release German Suplexes, but then neither were Hogan, Austin, Rock... you know, the guys fans picked.

5. JBL needs a bra and off tv forever.
It says a lot for the talent they have when JBL is good enough to get on air then. Dislike him all you want, he can get a crowd going better than anyone on the roster bar Jericho.

I've been to many WCW, and WWF/WWE shows here in South Louisiana. I always wanted to attend a Wrestlemania and was looking forward to going to the 25th anniversary 3hrs away in Houston. The sad thing is as the card was leaked and the build began myself and 4 friends decided not to go because we're sick of the same of crap. Every match on the card has been seen a million times with the exception of the Jericho/Legends angle. I'm not even remotely interested in it to purchase the ppv, nor are any of my friends. Until the WWE decides to elevate some talent they'll continue to lose ratings and $$$$$$

I'm assuming you'd buy PPV together, so they'll lose, say $60. Even in these times of trouble, they'll get by.

What you meant to say was 'Until WWE gets some talent to elevate, they'll eventually lose (you see, they've going up until recently) ratings/money

As I recall, they were behind Cena, and were still cheering for him despite the number of guys in the crowd who wanted to be cool on the 'net and say 'I waz thare and bood Cena Lawls'.

The majority of the time Cena has been boo'd. I attended RAW in Lafayette and New Orleans where he was boo'd more then the heels. The kids love him, the adults true fans not so much.

Second point, Warrior and Shango was up there as worst feuds. Do you remember a match, an ending perhaps, or do you remember Warrior vomiting in the ring? Eh, probably not. Add to that Kane being past it and Boogeyman being released and that would be a real awesome match

I remember the feud and the vomitting. Sure it wasn't great which is exactly why I said have them open up the card. At least it could have been a fresh feud, not the 34th Cena vs Edge/HHH vs Orton

Kennedy - injured, MVP - chronically mediocre, Morrison - Tag champ, Carlito - Whiney bitch and tag champ, DH Smith - do I have to go down the roster or are you getting where I'm going with this.

MVP was over until the WWE decided to put him on a meaningless losing streak. All that did was kill his heat and make the fans not care about a guy they knew was going to lose.

Let's go over the non-same people... CM Punk had a 'fun' reign where people were mind-numbingly entertained that they stopped caring, Jeff Hardy lasted a month because a feud with Matt for the main belt would be just too ridiculous

Punk's still not ready for the belt imo. He needs to be built up with more main event feuds.

I'm sure WWE is crying rivers over having people who actually enjoy the product instead of people complaining all the time about how terrible it is, how it was never as good as it was. Here's an idea... pick up your remote, press a button or two and watch, I don't know, the Simpsons, Oprah, anything.

I've tried watching RAW the last few months. I usually watch Heroes then hour 2 of RAW but I either switch channels or end up falling asleep. Last thing I remember about Monday's RAW was Rey coming to the ring then I looked up and it was 2am. WCW, TNA, RoH, the original ECW, WWE 5yrs ago never put me to sleep the way RAW has the last 6 months.

Cena (to people who actually enjoy the entertainment aspect) is entertaining. He sells, he can talk, he has energy in the ring. Not overly good at Overhead release German Suplexes, but then neither were Hogan, Austin, Rock... you know, the guys fans picked.

Yeah he sells merchandise but his promos are the same, he tries too hard to be Austin. His workrate absolutely blows, I've seen 5yr olds wrestle with better workrate. You obviously never saw Austin in the Hollywood Blondes. He was one of the better in ring guys at that time until the WWE.

It says a lot for the talent they have when JBL is good enough to get on air then. Dislike him all you want, he can get a crowd going better than anyone on the roster bar Jericho.

He get's a crowd going because he's got 'go away heat'. If you'd ever attended an event he was at you'd know that due to the moans from the crowd when his music hits.

I'm assuming you'd buy PPV together, so they'll lose, say $60. Even in these times of trouble, they'll get by.

We've never done that, I have went in with my bro-in-law who's a major WWE mark. Even he said he's not going or buying the ppv because it's not worth it.

What you meant to say was 'Until WWE gets some talent to elevate, they'll eventually lose (you see, they've going up until recently) ratings/money

I meant what I said, the WWE had the talent and either buried them or released them. You want names, let's see. Paul Burchill, gaining mid-card momentum then sent to ECW where he's jobbing to a midget. Mike Knox, built as a monster jobbed to Rey now sitting on the sidelines until the WWE decides to job him out. And how many times have the WWE began a program with Kane, the fans for soem reason rally behind him, then the WWE drops the ball and Kane's curtain jerking and jobbing for months?

I think many of the problems have been addressed, mainly the point Sly pointed out in the horrible build-up.

Jericho has a build-up spanning the course of months with the legends. Months. He put on some great promos to get the program going, and it started to get stale towards the end, with the glimmer of hope he'd end up fighting somebody noteworthy. I didn't expect The Rock to come back and fight him, but we waited and wasted our time with these (uncharacteristically) bland Jericho promos to be thrown a 1 vs 3 match with three old men nobody can really get excited for at this stage? Absolutely terrible. F-, all the way on the build.

I actually like the HHH and Orton build-up, but it lacks variety. But honestly, I think this is being put together the best out of all of them.

The triple-threat match is an absolute joke. Why is Big Show only around for Wrestlemania every year? Anyways, you have Edge vs Big Show in a screwy love triangle, with no love involved.. While many, including myself, can really get up for a Big Show branded Wrestlemania main-event, I could at least appreciate the work put into it. When you absolutely waste John Cena, in another triple threat Wrestlemania match you can easily determine a problem with not only RAW, but the WWE.

I think Undertaker vs HBK is going along fine, but look at the next 2, Hardy vs Hardy and the tag-team feud... with the 2.5s watching SD!, you'd think to get some hype for these you could throw them a bone on the current un-branded version of RAW. You have Triple H, Edge, Vickie, and Big Show all running around on RAW, it doesn't matter who appears on RAW, especially when you have at least one of them as main-event caliber in the Hardy story.

MiTB is a bloody hell right now. It can be entertaining when you have entertaining wrestlers in the match. And to throw in JBL vs Mysterio with nothing other than a Michael Cole mention, you hand out another two F-s.

So that's the main problem, they can't run a program properly. New talent evaluators, new writers, fresh ideas.

Below is a list of the majority of the things you all said is wrong with Raw. Keep in mind a lot of the same things were repeated or commented on as well. This is just about everything in a nutshell.

What's wrong with RAW is Triple H.

Jericho basically doing the "Legend Killer" gimmick

undercard titles are never featured like they used to be

Legacy is supposed to be the next shit on Raw but look at what they've become.

WWE also needs to decide if they want SD to be equal to Raw or let Raw be the flagship.

It doesn't have any larger than life characters with any ring talent.

they don't have a plethora of attitude era characters.

Another problem is no more Nitro.

there is way too much decent talent in the company.

the PG rating. It's too clean.

too many PPVs.

all WWE TV seems to do is advertise its other shows or merchandise.

Triple H. I mean, this guy is not even supposed to be there to begin with and he hogs 90 % of the show.

The thing in my opinion that is wrong with Raw is creativity.

I want story lines like in the Attitude era.

Raw is also missing creative characters

They have no reason whatsoever to try anymore.

Now, everyone has their own agenda, and its obvious when you watch. There is no team, there is no pride, and there just plain ain't no reason to try.

Simple. Vince McMahon.

Whats wrong with wrong with RAW? well i can sum that up in 2 words. BRAND SPLIT

we get the same story lines between the same 20 wrestlers for a year.

If you think there is nothing wrong with raw, you're eating bad acid.

PG rating, no competition, Vince's control of the show, and the Benoit tragedy aftermath.

Vince is trying to make an unrespectable entertainment respectable and too professional

The creativity and inventiveness that went to each show just isn't there anymore, so many weak storylines and plots and gimmicks are ok'd because there isn't the threat of someone watching the "other" show at the same time.

Too much time taken up by the old timers

The younger generations growth can't happen cause u got these old guys stiff fightin for the whc

having the same titles on both shows.

Make the tag team division interesting again

I digress. If all this were true Raw would be TNA Impact. I have to say, most of that is garbage and I am going to go through it almost one by one and explain why. It will be a long one but you will see the light.

What's wrong with RAW is Triple H.

WROOOONG!!!! I am so tired of hearing all this heat for Triple H. Am I the only one who realizes how great this guy is? Am I the only one who heard Ric Flair himself say that Triple H is the best in the business, and no one argue differently? Did Ric Flair himself not say Triple H is the future of the business, of the company, a guy who reminded Ric Flair of himself more than anyone? Am I the only one who knows how hard he's worked to get where he is? Am I the only one who can see him for what he is, The Game?

A lot of people want to talk trash about Triple H and I can't figure out why. People said he was champion too long around 02-03 and kept the title because he was on the writing staff. That was actually bogus, he is one guy out of a whole board of people making decisions, he tries to pitch ideas here and there but works for the betterment of the company, of the business, not himself. That is part of the reason he is where he is, because like few before him, he put the business first, as a result he reaps the rewards of doing such, and that is not his fault. If they decide it is in the best interest of the company as a whole to keep him as champion than that is not him doing anything except his job so anyone with something to say about that can fuck off! Pardon my language there please. In continuance, Also people have tried to accuse Triple H of sabotaging their careers or trying to keep them out of the main event and so on. Once again, crap. He simply doesn't have the power and I know what is coming next from that. Stephanie. Yeah he married the bosses daughter so what? Any levy of power you think is there is a figment of your imagination. There has been no string pulling on Triple H's behalf by Stephanie whatsoever, that is just an excuse you use to vindicate yourself in hating this guy for no reason, other than the fact he isn't your favorite guy. I'll tell you one reason alone that I know Triple H isn't pulling any strings. You all act like Triple H runs the damn show or the company, and like all he has to do is go to Stephanie or Vince and plead his case and gets his way, that so far off, know why? Because Vince isn't going to let any one person make the decisions except Vince. If you know anything about the WWE at all, you'd know Vince runs the show and everything has to go past him first. If you want to argue favoritism towards him and so on, on Vince's behalf because he's the son-in-law I still digress and counter argue that if he does show him favoritism it's due to the money he's made him, the fact that he's been with the company for many years already, is a locker room leader, has always been dependable minus a couple quad injuries, and most importantly loves the business, knows his place in it, and has always done what was best for the business with the exception of the MSG Curtain Call which he paid for dearly anyways. Triple H is where he is for a reason, one being that to most of the fans view him as the true and rightful champion anyways, and he wouldn't be there if everyone else didn't agree unanimously that he was the best guy for the title and the company. So those of you who would like to argue differently I graciously welcome you to another forum to try. Triple H is not the problem on Raw, End of Story.

Jericho basically doing the "Legend Killer" gimmick

WROOONG!!!! SO far off the mark. Jericho has nothing to do with any problem on Raw. As a matter of fact his gimmick right now is one of the best things on Raw. His transformation from Y2J to the new angry Chris Jericho has been nothing short of masterful and genius. His new character is a perfect reinvention of Chris Jericho, and his whole storyline against the Legends is not a Randy Orton "Legend Killer" gimmick either. Jericho has never mentioned being a legend killer, no one has called him a legend killer, and the fact that his victims have been mostly legends is purely coincidental and more than likely been done simply to work them in to Wrestlemania. If anything you should be thanking Chris Jericho for working that program with them, so you can see them one more time in action at Wrestlemania. His current storyline is one of the best on Raw, and Raw is a better show for having him there and that story going. If you don't like Chris Jericho or the storyline, that's too bad. And if it doesn't meet your standards that's too bad as well because I bet few of you could do better, but keep in mind I know which of you could so much respect to those of you who really do have a clue. So, Jericho, not the problem.

undercard titles are never featured like they used to be

This is one of the only complaints with merit but very little. WWE has made a showing effort to push the tag titles and at least the I.C. within the last 6 months to a year. Someone said having JBL as the current champ devalues the belt...I've got news for you. Having JBL as the champ raises the value of that belt ya know why??? Because whether you like this or not JBL is a top tier competitor. Having him with that title shows it's rise in value. Any title is only as good as the talent that holds it, and having upper card guys hold the I.C. raises it's stock dramatically. Take a look at it. William Regal who is very well known, a top guy in his own right was a good move, I know he's not main event but we all know Regal and we all know he is a great wrestler whether you like him or not. C.M. Punk had it and he is a former world champion now, I know Rey Mysterio has had it in the past and he's a top tier guy, Jeff Hardy not all that long ago, Chris Jericho had it not long ago, all of that is an effort to raise the belts value and I believe it has, I look forward to seeing JBL as Champion, he's a great heel and I think proven his worth in the last few years since he came back. Not take a look at the names I mentioned, all world champions at some point either before or after holding the I.C., that's exactly what that belt is meant for. Back in the day it was the measuring stick to see if a guy could handle being a champion and if he could some times he was moved up to a world champion, sometimes after being a world champion it shows that the person has still got it and can capture gold still and re-launches the athlete. They have made a move back in that direction. I find it rather bold for anyone to try and say that the title is worthless now, or that it hasn't got better. Yes it has switched hands a bit
that also means a lot of people have been fighting for it, that's good. No body is really gunning for the U.S. title and WWE doesn't seem to have too many plans for it, the I.C. however is on the rise again. As for the tag titles we all seem to know what is going on with them and it is the complete opposite of what some of you are claiming. You say that the titles are worthless or that they aren't doing anything to make them better but we all know a unification is in store and that raises the value quite a bit wouldn't you say? They have been having great tag matches regularly and seem to have united around champions in Miz & Morrison, maybe your just jealous. And Miz & Morrison have been great, they have been putting on quality matches day in day out on all three shows sometimes, they have had the spotlight put on them very clearly and earned their spots too. Where I agree is that we need more tag teams, that would be nice but WWE and Raw particularly have been doing an amazing job with what they have to work with, and it is not shortage of actual talent, just the teams themselves. If you think WWE is so bad why not take a look at the competition if you can even call it that with TNA. They've got Beer Money Inc. that's it, I don't deny that they are pretty alright but that's all they've got. I know, I know... Motor City Machine Guns, well doesn't look like they are actually too much of a team right now and Evan Bourne can do anything they can do and then some, him and Kofi might take the clip out of the Motor City Machine Guns with their ability combined. Don't forget about Legacy either. Legacy will make their way and we've seen a bit from them already. I see potential in those two together or separate, but as the tag team they are Legacy is another tag team from Raw that I think many of you may be taking for granted. The tag division and the U.S./I.C. titles may not be where they were in the early to mid 90's but we are working our way back, I believe the right steps have been taken and it is only a matter of time that will turn into money. Dig It!!

Legacy is supposed to be the next shit on Raw but look at what they've become.

I already mentioned Legacy and said that the best is yet to come, but addressing the actual quote due to the fact that the best is yet to come, they are simply playing a part in this storyline between Triple H and Randy Orton right now. After Wrestlemania we should see them getting back on the tag team trail but dismiss the current state of things. It's not the worst thing they could be doing with Legacy and it will raise their stock. Someone complained about them getting beat up by Triple H and said it made them look bad. Well, I can understand how it looks on the surface but realize that what is really important is that they are in the ring with Triple H at all. If they weren't trying to do something with them they wouldn't be in the ring with the top guy in the business. Besides, the segment on Raw where Triple H lowered the cage on Cody Rhodes was great. Cody sold well, Triple H beat him up well, the whole thing was unexpected and exciting, and went over huge, what's wrong with being apart of that? No matter what your role, it is always an honor and a privileged to be apart of a spot that big and to share the ring with someone of Triple H's status and Randy Orton.

WWE also needs to decide if they want SD to be equal to Raw or let Raw be the flagship.

Raw is clearly the flagship brand and always has been. I know it has been confusing with the back and forth recently but many of you also complain about it being two shows. Well now they've been letting everyone go back and forth to create the feeling of there being one show instead of two different worlds. Smackdown being one territory and Raw another, now it's more like one playground and one company. Raw is always going to have the most going on and recently on Wrestlezone there was an article about WWE trying to put more focus back on Raw so that is being done already and apparently it's worked since apparently Smackdown is the promise land and Raw is so fucked up according to some of you.

It doesn't have any larger than life characters with any ring talent

Well what exactly do you mean by larger than life with talent because last time I checked that was the entire roster. All those guys are larger than life in their own ways. You've got legends, future legends, and top talent in the industry, what's not larger than life about it? They do what they do better than anyone else in the world, that's why they are there, because they are larger than life and can perform at another level. In-ring talent? I guess Chris Jericho is horrible in ring, Triple H contrary to any argument is superb in the ring but you'll say he sucks, Shawn Michaels must not be a very good wrestler, Undertaker wrestles like he just got in a ring, Randy Orton doesn't know his way around the ring very well either, Edge has no technical skill, William Regal couldn't wrestle circles around people, Cody Rhodes isn't the son of a legend and skilled himself, Kofi Kingston is garbage, Ted Jr might as well pack it in, Shelton Benjamin isn't a skilled competitor, Carlito is a waste of space, Chavo Guerrero isn't one of the better luchadors around accompanied by Rey Mysterio as well, Jeff Hardy is just a stunt double and has no in-ring credit, Gregory Helms has no technical skills either he just sucks, R-Truth isn't one of the most talented men of his size in the business, and Umaga can't work good matches with just about anybody, they all lack talent and need to move over for some guy you heard of on the Indy circuit that actually isn't as good as a lot of these guys or is missing pieces of the pie being either the look, the ability, or the charisma it takes to make it as a WWE Superstar. I think that most of you just don't get it because you have never stepped foot in a ring, and never taken the bumps, and executed the holds, put it all together, and put your body on the line. It takes more than you know to actually make it in the business and to be as good as most of these guys are. There is nothing wrong with the talent, sometimes it they just don't do what you want them to do with the talent so you retaliate with your one sided criticism.

there is way too much decent talent in the company.

Here we have someone completely contradictory to the previous complaint and I wasn't shocked to find contradiction. How can there being a surplus of talent be a detriment to the company or Raw? Oh, I know I know, "Because it doesn't allow so and so to move up and let newer talent grow" Well that's the thing, the talent does grow, people are getting shots, new talent has and is being developed at the appropriate pace, remember, they have been running this business for years, what have you done? I think they might know more about it than you or I, everything takes time and has to be done appropriately. You can't just decide overnight that someone is a star, the fans have to choose them in a way. If the fans don't choose you that's not Vince McMahon's fault, it's not Triple H's fault, or anyone else's, It's not entirely your own but that's how it is. They provide the platform and environment to achieve it, if you can't you can't. The cream of the crop rises to the top, is that right? Well since it is, that explains it. No excuses. And this is certainly not what is wrong with Raw.

the PG rating. It's too clean.

Not really, besides what the hell do you want then??? As someone said earlier if you went much further with it, it wouldn't be allowed on t.v. Seriously how much further can you go. If some of the things they did on Raw in the last 5 years hasn't had enough for you than you probably need to reevaluate your standards and expectations. They have pushed the envelope non stop. For God sake they just had Triple H at Randy Orton's house like Jason Vorhees chasing him through his house, and Triple H getting arrested. How about the chase through the arena a week or so ago? Wasn't that good enough? That seemed pretty crazy to me for keeping it somewhat PG rated. What about the McMahonism skits? Were they not controversial and new? Some of the storylines with Edge have been pretty insane. I could go on and on. The Recent Jeff Hardy storyline was awesome, having him getting attacked, hit and run, etc.. That was pretty hardcore realistic shit for a PG rating. It didn't end the way I expected but turning it into what they did with the Hardy Boyz was actually pretty damn cool. It was time for a heel turn for Matt and now Jeff gets more support from the fans. It was smart to do that, that's why it was done, they knew it would work for both guys and the company. Moving on, I thought they went pretty far with the whole McMahon getting blown up in the limo thing and all that, wasn't that edgy, wasn't that pushing the envelope? I think they've done plenty and the PG rating works, they are within limits but not much, and I am going to get deeper into this issue later. For now I will end this part by also reminding you that this is not what is wrong with Raw.

The thing in my opinion that is wrong with Raw is creativity.

all WWE TV seems to do is advertise its other shows or merchandise.

The creativity and inventiveness that went to each show just isn't there anymore, so many weak storylines and plots and gimmicks are ok'd because there isn't the threat of someone watching the "other" show at the same time.

They have no reason whatsoever to try anymore.

Raw is also missing creative characters

we get the same story lines between the same 20 wrestlers for a year.

Now I grouped these together because they all have to do with effort, creativity, and competition. While there is no legit competition and competition is good this does present a problem. What do you do if there is no real competition? Good question, and if any of you can answer it within reason not fantasy I will be impressed. That's what the WWE has to do, they have to figure out how to keep you interested and create new ways to shock and amaze you, they do this through their theatrics and performers. How many wrestlers do you think a company should have? Someone mentioned the same storylines between the same 20 or so guys all year. Well than how many different storylines with how many wrestlers do you think is appropriate? I remember, keyword "remember" a company that had tons of different storylines and twice as many wrestlers. It was called WCW and they always had a bunch of different storylines with well over 20 guys possibly 60 or so, and things were so confusing half the time most nobody knew what was actually going on. That turned out great remember??? Do you ? I know some of you don't, but those of you who should, do yo??? I think it went like this: A better run company bought WCW and absorbed some of it's top talent, capitalizing on their win in the Monday Night Wars, therein making it the biggest wrestling organization in the world period. The grandest stage of them all, once and for all. They figured out how to do that, and as I explained during the PG rating part of this post, they have done a great job. Some of the things they did I didn't like, but after all was said and done it turned out for the better, and I had seen that they knew exactly what they were doing and had thing under control. You question all their decisions yet you are not equipped to make an accurate judgment on them. They are creative enough to keep you guessing all the time, no matter how much you think you know is going to happen, when it does it is merely chance that you guessed, the truth is no matter what you think is going to happen you never actually know. If they are good enough to do that year after year than once again I don't see where they are lacking. As for effort though; think of all the preparation it takes to put on even a house show, and how much it takes to show you all their merchandise, and make the merchandise, and put it on tv, or dvd, it takes a lot of effort to do what they do. It takes a lot of effort to be on the road for 300 days a year, night in night out putting your body through hell. It takes a lot of effort to put everything together, you just take most of it for granted. This has nothing to do with what is wrong with Raw or Wrestling in general.

Vince is trying to make an unrespectable entertainment respectable and too professional

Simple. Vince McMahon.

Right and Wrong. The first quote is pretty good, I like it. I understand that idea and what you're saying there. trying to make an unrespectable entertainment respectable, and too professional. That could have a lot to do with it. The thing that many of you need to remember though is that it's not Vince's fault. He has even had to answer to Congress for God Sake, he is getting restrictions put on him as he has to answer for every product they put out. Ever read the transcript from his congressional hearing, it's pretty heated. Vince lives, and breathes this company, he is Raw, he is the WWE, how can you say he is what's wrong with the company and Raw in general. He makes decisions that we don't always like but they are always good for business. If they weren't, it wouldn't be Vince McMahon.

I want story lines like in the Attitude era.

Too much time taken up by the old timers

they don't have a plethora of attitude era characters.

OK, now we've gotta have a serious talk about this one kids. Get this through your heads. The Attitude Era sucked. It sucked so bad that WCW kicked their ass through most of it. You say that they take up too much time with the old timers, well I say that you wouldn't have any of it without those old timers. This is just a reflection of this generation and the disrespectful mentality of society though, it's ok. The attitude era ruined so much. It devalued ppv's, titles, characters, everything. If you don't like the way things are now you can thank the attitude era because it was so outrageous the WWE got bitch slapped by society for having no class, being raunchy, foul, and utterly disgraceful. The WWE has rebuilt since then to become bigger than ever and as someone said before McMahon just went back to what worked for him in the past, and it is working, that's what's wrong with Raw to you. You want that attitude era, that nostalgia, you want the monday night wars again, and wcw nitro. There's a little problem with that, and that is that it's over, it's past it's gone, and done with. They couldn't do it the same as they did if they wanted to, and they go far enough now. The attitude era ruined everything. You want the answer, the attitude era. It is what is wrong with Raw. It's stain, it's aftermath, has tainted the company forever. They can never do those things again. Society has spoken against what they were pushing then and do still now. You can thank the attitude era for that. As I said it devalued everything by being everything you complain about now. That's both part of the reason they made it and why they almost didn't make it. The did almost everything then, you accuse them of doing now. They are doing things much differently now, and it works better. Someone mentioned in another thread the production quality alone now is unlike anything before it, and that wrestling has never been seen the way we have seen it, they noted Wrestlemania 24 as the prime example, and the production quality of it was better than anything ever before. So, so much has improved, everything runs smoother now, it's not repetitive, it's not the same storylines, and same guys all the time, weak titles, weak ppv's, all that nonsense. That was the past, now the business has changed, evolved, and it's bigger than ever. You can't argue that. No matter what you say the have done right or wrong the business now is bigger than ever and only growing further. Obviously they did something right. Because other than the attitude era, and how it damaged the business, there is still now and forever nothing wrong with Monday Night Raw.

Have you been watching the product for the past few years?!? He recognizes Haas and Benjamin's in-ring talent. So much that Vince tried bringing back the WGTT again!! And it failed... MISERABLY. So, still not willing to give up on them, he split them, changed their gimmicks, and they STILL both tanked. Let's face it, they just aren't connecting with the audience and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Try watching the program before formulating your opinions, next time.

Well lets see. I guess all those WWE RAW/SMACKDOWN listings on my TV must be TNA or something *rolls eyes* Do you HONESTLY think Mcmahon thinks highly of the abilities of Hass/Benjamin/Christian and others? No it's been reported NUMEROUS times that he thinks Hass is a JOKE and Christian is a mid card AT BEST. There are ways to get a superstar over with the fans. Because lets face it..people like Batista dont they? If Vince really thought highly of Hass and Benjamin and if he really wanted a successful program. He would find a way to. Hell U can put them over as heels. There are TONS of ways to get the crowd to react. It's just VINCE doesn't believe in them. He's getting to the point of being so old and well...stupid that he doesn't know what's in the companies best interests.

One more possible thing wrong with raw... is us.
If I didn't read the leaked storyline of Jerico returning and that he was behind the code, his returning would've been a "holy shit" moment but was ruined because I already knew. It was like half the crowd knew it was coming and therefor there wasn't that certain "pop" that that moment should have carried. The same with Christain coming back, The same with all storylines. I don't know why I can't help knowing what is going to happen beforehand, but, if I stopped going on the internet and subject myself to the spoilers and everyone's opinion on them, i'd probably always turn in to see all the shows. Why read a book when you know how it ends, right? But, you can't change who we are and the internet is here to stay. I'm just saying, I know why Vince hates the internet so much. It screws with his business more than you know.

WROOOONG!!!! I am so tired of hearing all this heat for Triple H. Am I the only one who realizes how great this guy is? Am I the only one who heard Ric Flair himself say that Triple H is the best in the business, and no one argue differently? Did Ric Flair himself not say Triple H is the future of the business, of the company, a guy who reminded Ric Flair of himself more than anyone? Am I the only one who knows how hard he's worked to get where he is? Am I the only one who can see him for what he is, The Game?

No, I think Triple H thinks the very same thing. Triple H USED to be the best, or more realistically, one of the best in the business, but that was before his injuries, now, he's a pathetic shell of his former self, all you have to do is watch his matches, he literally has to be carried by a sledge hammer. Flair likes his paychecks, and HHH is the future of the business, not because of how great he is a performer, but because once Vince passes on, he'll run the WWE, and boy, I can hardly wait. I dislike the guy, this is a personal opinion based on watching him use his father-in-law's money to put himself over as the ultimate badass at the expense of everyone and everything, you however, are free to bow down to him as he wants. However...back to the topic...RAW has some problems that can easily be fixed, for one thing, too many recaps, cut down on those, it's a live show for Pete's sake ! The women's division, they are just thrown out there with cluster matches and nothing worth caring ever develops, work on getting them over more. Jericho needs to be in a match more often. More importantly, the show does not seem to flow fluidly, it kind of jerks along, it should be written to progress from segment to segment in a smooth fashion. I'm guessing this is a result of a team writing it and not a single writer.

Well all storylines seem to have no depth and dont last very long or mean as much as they use to ... and the lack of stables and tag teams, well Tag teams and Stables are the things i love to see as there is currently only 2 tag teams on RAW which is Cryme Tyme who are rarely seen on TV and Priceless who just seem to be in with whatever Orton is doing and not focusing on the Tag partnership I know they are a stable but it seems as though they just work for Orton and RAW is becoming quite predictable and i dont even want to begin on there Mid Card which has so much potential but they semi start feuds and just drop them like Mysterio-Kane which seem to be cool with Kane carrying around Mysterios mask but it ended up being Kanes old mask which he didn't even end up using in any sort of storyline or that sort....

All in all i hope after the Draft there is some "Shaking Up" and things start to change

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back