• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raw Suck's Here's How To Fix It. IMO.

Finally, someone that I can agree with. RAW and WWECW needs help. I think SD! is doing just fine but just needs about 2 or 3 more superstars that are over already. WWECW just needs alot of star power and a 2 hour show with good wrestling and etc. Also with the fact that RVD, Sabu, Rey Mysterio and other talent are going to TNA the WWE will get hurt badly. Especially with WWECW because they lost alot of talent as it is with that big cutting block that happened. I also see another cutting block in the future. RAW is being displayed as the top brand and WWE are making the fans seeing it that way and that's what imo was hurting the SD! brand. Fans are feeling that RAW is the only important brand and with friday being the start of the weekend break from work and school people go out instead of watching the brand because they feel it's not important to watch. I love the SD! brand. Alot of people know that because I always stress about the amount of entertainment and good quality matches they put up. RAW just needs longer matches and they need to ease down on the entertainment they feed us. They try so hard to make it look good that it turns out boring.

True.. The only good entertainment value going on Raw was D-X, but then Triple H got "hurt" -_-

Even at that, the resurgance of D-X wasn't as good as the D-X as we all knew and loved back in the late 90's. Raw needs more actual wrestling, and cut out the soap opera and cheap ass entertainment shit. Although I do go out on Friday nights, I still record Smackdown and watch it when I get home. I have to say, I truly enjoy SD over Raw.

Before we all know it, TNA will be the old WWF of the late 90's, and will tear the current WWE apart into shreds imo.

They need to combine all three brands they need more feuds they need more matches with excitment and that require a lot of skill and they need to go to war with tna and wsx also wwe needs better feuds and storylines hey need a new attitude era. and what does IMO mean.

True.. The only good entertainment value going on Raw was D-X, but then Triple H got "hurt" -_-

Even at that, the resurgance of D-X wasn't as good as the D-X as we all knew and loved back in the late 90's. Raw needs more actual wrestling, and cut out the soap opera and cheap ass entertainment shit. Although I do go out on Friday nights, I still record Smackdown and watch it when I get home. I have to say, I truly enjoy SD over Raw.

Before we all know it, TNA will be the old WWF of the late 90's, and will tear the current WWE apart into shreds imo.

RAW needs to go back to the edgy-ness they had when they were in the Monday Night Wars. It was the sence of edgy-ness that got WWE fans to tune in. RAW scored high ratings in the late '90s. RAW also needs to make more top names like they used to in the '90s. Not jhow they do it now a days. Vince has certainly lost his touch. They need to make DX when HHH returns go back to there old ways. Im sure HHH can do it single handedly. If not they can bring in Xpac who's contract with WSX ends soon. HHH can make girls flash and they can actually show you on TV like they have done in the past. USA was suppose to be the network where anything can happen. That's how WWE advertised it when they were moving to USA but I haven't seen anything edgy like they had in the '90s since they moved to USA.

wwe needs a lot of help but what does imo mean

In my opinion

They need to combine all three brands they need more feuds they need more matches with excitment and that require a lot of skill and they need to go to war with tna and wsx also wwe needs better feuds and storylines hey need a new attitude era. and what does IMO mean.

Combing all 3 brands will make things worse, becuase of the fact that everyone wouldn't get enough TV time. Backstage heat would occur because other superstars would get all jealous of not getting enough TV time.

Having a new "Attitude Era" probably will never happen. I mean sure, WWE has some big names from that time in the late 90's, but a lot of superstars that made the Attitude Era so memerable are long gone out of the company, or just past their primes and can't wrestle anymore. WWE doesn't have the talent to even think about having another Attitude Era.

The only superstars I can think of that are on the roster from that era are The Undertaker, HBK, Triple H, Big Show, and Kane. (Correct me if there are more).

If WWE cuts the drama and cheap entertainment shit, and actually pushes for more actual good wrestling matches, then maybe, just maybe, Raw and WWE will be somewhat better.

others from the attitude era are val venis and viscera and mark henry and stone cold is coming back and the mcmahons are from dat era and aslo a young edge and christian and the hardys were there to but they were jobbers

Also if they would combine all three brands and put Sunday Night heat and velocity back on T.V. and also lenghthen all shows to like 2 or three hours or possibly more that would be great and put ,ore high stake matches and they need to bring back the 24/7 harcore title they need the european and light wieght title they need paul heyman to run ecw like he used to they need bischoff and dare i say it vince russo to make matches like they had back in wcw and the need to come up with more exciting matches that also require a lot of skill IMO.:icon_exclaim:

DQ's and countouts suck. You like 'em, fine. I don't. I always want my money's worth and someone gets to win or lose (whether cleanly or by a dirty fashion doesn't matter to me as long as the match doesn't suck). This is why I loved the original ECW: you always got your money's worth. The bad guys could actually win without protest, too. Predictability in a booking scheme is lame.

Squash matches invalidate the talent. Want undeniable proof? Goldberg. Feeding an unknown jobber to a debuting star is fine by me. Feeding a credible worker you could elevate is absolutely stupid and degrades any value they have. With all the times that Sean Morley has jobbed, he'll NEVER be a main-eventer, even if he has the basic tools and a fantastic lead-in push to do so because he's been crapped on for nearly a decade. I mean, look at what they just did to Gregory Helms on Smackdown a week or so ago. He jobbed to Batista (who has no talent to begin with aside from lifting weights). The CW champion! Jobbing?!? What does that do to elevate his title? Oh, that's right...not a goddamn thing. In all actuality, it de-elevates his title.

First off In terms of DQ/countout finishes i was only reffering to it in the context of using it to build a feud between wrestlers where one isn't involved in a match and comes in and attacks both but lays into the guy that he is feuding with creating the idea of real animosity. and by occasionally i am meaning once in a blue moon type stuff.

I was not meaning for the jobbing part to be by wrestlers like Sean Morely or Gregory helms but as you said unknown talent that is used to push the incoming star i agree that it devalues guy like Sean Morely, Gregory Helms and Scotty 2 Hotty. As to why I liked the Chris Benoit/Orlando Jordan Tapout thing is because it was a bit of fun that just changed the pacing of the show, If you didn't like it fine but I see where you are coming from I just disagree with you on your reasoning. If they had made it a time limit gauntlet match with more than orlando Jordan than that wold have been an interesting match but even so it was also an added part of the Chris Benoit Booker T story line afterwards it could have gone further into a credible feud if Orlando Jordan hadn't brought unauthourized people backstage and gotten fired for it.

As to Khali I know what you and everyone else says about him. I don't see him as a Wrestler Par se but more as the dumb bodygaurd that helps out his Boss by interferring from outside the ring and after the match go in and pummel an already beaten opponent of his boss's. Similar to what he did in WWECW with Daivari, until he actually started "Wrestling" against the likes of Tommy Dreamer then it went down hill again. He is a walking freakshow but this way he could still be there if Vince wants him so much it just keeps him out of the ring in a credible way.

It's cool, man. We just disagree on a fundamental level about a few things. I hate DQ's and countouts period, even as something used once in a great while. I didn't really used to mind them, but the old ECW cured me of that lickety split. I didn't like the "feud" between Orlando and Benoit because I still think Jordan was a mediocre wrestler and they were wasting their time trying to elevate him with Benoit for a title Chris didn't even need to be fighting over in the first place. The fact that the angle was even started and Benoit was relegated to the midcard was where it first went wrong for me. Everything else after that was just icing on a turd cake. For Khali, he serves zero purpose to enhance the show unless guys like Daivari or Mysterio need someone to give them a shoulder ride to the ring. It's just more proof of the case of Alzheimer's that Vince McMahon has been suffering from.

I think they should make Raw more controversial and "Too Bad for T.V.". WWE is so obsessed with their kids demographic that they are afraid to make Raw what it was in the mid '90s.

give Bischoff his job back and put stephanie as gm back on smackdown and give the title to edge as he was actually very interesting as the wwe champion. and put a couple top guys on smackdown and give raw mr kennedy cause hes gay and annoying and maybe thats it.

Look i've said it before, i'll say it again. No matter what WWE does now the attitude era will never EVER be beaten.

The biggest problem for me is the predictability of it all. Every week they continue to cram John Cena down our throats. I think it all starts at the top with the WWE title. There has been little change since Cena first gained it and was drafted to Raw. Edge deserved to be much more than the transitional champ that they made him... as of right now nobody gets heat quite like he does. Can you imagine if Undertaker was heading into Wrestlemania and going to face Edge for the WWE Title. A solid heel vs. a legendary face... both of whom have never lost at Wrestlemania... for me that would be quite intriguing. But instead, week after week we have to see Cena win again and again and each time we know the result before the match even starts. How can you build anybody else up if the show is focused on one guy (who in case you haven't noticed really isn't that talented w/o a microphone in his hand.)

Another thing that bothers me is the mid-carders being stuck in the Intercontinental picture for what seems to be eternity. I remember back when the IC title was a big stepping stone for guys on their way to the top. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold... they were all the IC champ before becoming the huge stars they became. I just don't see anything like that happening anymore. Instead the IC title is passed around more than Paris Hilton. A long run with the title would do wonders for guys like Johnny Nitro or Carlito. Shelton Benjamin isn't exactly the best on the mic quite yet... but his wrestling ability more than makes up for that and I think he should be pushed to the next level. It would be so easy to make him into the next Kurt Angle or Bret Hart... a guy who is technically sound and entertaining to watch... every match he is in I can't help but wonder why they don't use him to his full potential.

The one thing that has been much welcomed by myself is the re-emergence of the tag team division. If you think back a few months there weren't many teams on the Raw roster... now we have Cryme Tyme, the Highlanders, the reuniting of WGTT(as much as I would like to Shelton on his own), and more air time for Cade & Murdoch. I know it's not quite like the Hardys, Dudleys, Acolytes, and Edge & Christian... but it's a start.

Cena needs to drop the title, new stars need to be pushed, and the tag straps need to be given back to an actual tag team.

Was I the only one disapointed that there were no title changes at the Royal Rumble...how would i change Raw? Lets see...
1. no more Kahli, waste of airtime.
2. as evidenced on Raw tonight make Flair a heel or a heel manager (for Carlito perhaps)
3. Scrap the Umaga gimmick, have Ro-Z come back and reform 3-Minute Warning...a feud between them and Cryme Tyme would be watchable.
4. Strip HBK and Cena of the tag titles, hold a tournament to be culminated at WM23 or a possible tag team battle royal similar to WM 14 (returning 3MW perhaps)
5. I agree with the other posters about Randy Orton goimng back to the Legend Killer gimmick.
6. move Kennedy to Raw he had great mic skills and needs a manager to gudie him to a title (again maybe Flair)
7. Have someone different challenge for the WWE Title every week, back in Nitros heyday the champion would have a different opponent every week, not the same ass every week (this is directed at WWECW Test vs Lashley for the last 3 weeks, unacceptable)

Was I the only one disapointed that there were no title changes at the Royal Rumble...how would i change Raw? Lets see...
1. no more Kahli, waste of airtime.

For my opinion on what Khali should be look above, it is the only way i Can see that would allow Vince to Keep his Freak of nature giant.

2. as evidenced on Raw tonight make Flair a heel or a heel manager (for Carlito perhaps)

I can see this happening there is one problem though, Flair would probably be Cheered by the fans even though he was a Heel, I can see another run as RAWs GM character, it would work as a way of changing the typical GM character where Flair has a thing against guys that he views as not working properly and are slacking off, Similar to what he said to Carlito.

3. Scrap the Umaga gimmick, have Ro-Z come back and reform 3-Minute Warning...a feud between them and Cryme Tyme would be watchable.

There is already a rumour that WWE is going after Rosie with the intention of bringing back 3MW. The Umaga gimmick is probably about five rungs above the Gobbledy Gooker.

4. Strip HBK and Cena of the tag titles, hold a tournament to be culminated at WM23 or a possible tag team battle royal similar to WM 14 (returning 3MW perhaps)

The holding of the titles by cena and HBK makes this storyline into WM23 more intriguing, If they drop it it would just make another title that HBK hasn't dropped competitively. HBK will most likely win at WM because they won't have someone defend the title two WM in a row. This would suck and WWE would lose a lot of Viewers.

5. I agree with the other posters about Randy Orton goimng back to the Legend Killer gimmick.

The legend Killer gimmick itself has been getting slightly old. If however they can manage to incorporate this slight change of personality in Rated RKO into the legend Killer gimmick than it would breath a breath of fresh air into the gimmick.

6. move Kennedy to Raw he had great mic skills and needs a manager to gudie him to a title (again maybe Flair)

This would add another Heel to the show there are already too many main-event level Heels on RAW and not enough on SmackDown. I don't agree with the idea of having a traditional manager that would undercut the gimmick that he has already built up, a business associate that is there to deal with Teddy Long in relation to the matches involved. I know it sounds similar to MVP but it sounds good in my head i just can't express what it is completely right.

7. Have someone different challenge for the WWE Title every week, back in Nitros heyday the champion would have a different opponent every week, not the same ass every week (this is directed at WWECW Test vs Lashley for the last 3 weeks, unacceptable)

There are not enough Main-Eventers on the rosters to be able to do this, In regards to WWECW and its main event Trilo-farce, there aren't many on WWECW anyway and they won't put the title on the line each week, I would like to see the following at least have a shot on WWECW: Kevin Thorne, Balls Mahoney, CM Punk, Matt Striker and Elijah Burke. They can all Wrestle and four can probably carry WWECW for the next few years, if it survives to go that long. As to Smackdown there are only a few that can be seen in the main event picture. On RAW there is even less in terms of main eventers, Shelton Benjamin seems to give more effort against good workers, Carlito needs to be more consistent, Johnny Nitro needs to come up with a singles Finisher. I would like to see the thing of a new challenger every week but due to the nature of the depth of talent than it won't happen, You can't see Sean Morely(aka Val Venis for those who don't know) challenging for the Title after the amount of Jobbing he has done.

Bring back Austin if he's not already on his way to Mania and let him loose all over Raw and Smackdown! If HBK wins the title which I hope he does, Austin should congradulate him by giving him a stunner, come to think of it he should do the same to Batista or Taker depending on who wins that one. Now thats good television in my book.

I think the arguments made by the thread starter make no logical sense. Vince dying of a heart attack? Come on. If you have a problem with his product, its one thing, however wishing death upon someone is just stupid. Unless Vince beat you or raped you, there is no reason for this.

HOw would I improve Raw? I guess Id use Carlito a little more. Though I think this new potential Flair/Carlito feud is a good way to start. Id also like to see Flair get the title once more. But thats just me. These are improvements for me and me only, I doubt highly my opinion is that of everyone else and it is arrogant to think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back