Yo Dragon Saga

I think you never really searched for what a fact is in the dictionary.
It's true. I've never sought out the formal definition of the word "fact." Because I'm not a moron. The meaning of the word is self-evident to anyone with an adequately functioning brain.

Having to look up the meaning to such simple words sounds exhausting. No wonder it's taking you so long to accept that you're wrong - you've got to look up a good bulk of the words I'm typing.

it's true and by staring I hope you could understand the euphemism for being generally good looking.
Poorly worded. You were probably distracted while you wrote this. Too busy looking up the definition of "the" or some equally obscure word.

Great, I still look better than you.
I sincerely doubt it matters when you struggle to pick up non-verbal cues from women who are silently begging you not to stare at them like a rapist.

Unfortunately so, Paige from NXT whose instagram I stalk from time to time has both cat and dog and has made it work, that must mean she's willing to get down around my part of town right?

Not if you only stalk her from time to time. Don't half ass this, if you're gonna stalk her, do it right.

- George Steele's Barber (daily inspirational quote)

That was funny Dynamite. Creepy, but funny.

Seven members reading this thread and not one of know if cats normally growl.

C'mon Silverback, go look this up in the dictionary and get back to me.

Nothing but cat feces.
socially-awkward-creepy-stare-cage.jpg

And in contrast, I give Daniel Bryan - the vanilla midget Internet darling who wasn't going to last a second around "the big boys" of the WWE - credit for placing the hope in those of us who support promotions like ROH that someday the guys we follow, like how I used to follow Bryan Danielson will some day rise to shut a bunch of generic, unoriginal smarks on the Internet up.

Cause yano it's still 2006 and indy wrestling is still "all about flipz and no selling".

No it was the if Miz can be champion in the main event of a Wrestlemania, *insert wrestler deluded marks spanked all over* can too effect. Daniel Bryan being on TV or getting a bigger role didn't change their level of delusion. CM Punk already did that. Miz gave them hope that even 2nd rate guys in indies can make it big too.

No it was the if Miz can be champion in the main event of a Wrestlemania, *insert wrestler deluded marks spanked all over* can too effect. Daniel Bryan being on TV or getting a bigger role didn't change their level of delusion. CM Punk already did that. Miz gave them hope that even 2nd rate guys in indies can make it big too.

As one of those fans I wasn't making a guess, I was telling you. Punk rising to the top took so much time despite his talents was a factor that most indie wrestling fans felt showed that because you were a big thing on the indies didn't mean It'd initially translate well in WWE - despite Punk being over from the get go.

Bryan - who was the face of ROH and the top indie star for years - joining and eventually becoming World Heavyweight Champion and a focal point of programming is what gave us that "hope", cause idiots such as yourself would have previously called guys like him and Punk and Cesaro "2nd rate guys in indies", which is why you're an idiot.

You can only assume, I know.

As one of those fans I wasn't making a guess, I was telling you. Punk rising to the top took so much time despite his talents was a factor that most indie wrestling fans felt showed that because you were a big thing on the indies didn't mean It'd initially translate well in WWE - despite Punk being over from the get go.

Bryan - who was the face of ROH and the top indie star for years - joining and eventually becoming World Heavyweight Champion and a focal point of programming is what gave us that "hope", cause idiots such as yourself would have previously called guys like him and Punk and Cesaro "2nd rate guys in indies", which is why you're an idiot.

You can only assume, I know.
Punk was the pet project of Heyman on WWEECW. He was handed almost everything someone in his position at that time could want. He was the focus on their C show when all shows were treated on air as equal 'rivals'. He got to work under that condition instead of being lost in the shuffle of the mid card on RAW or Smackdown.

Only idiots expected him to just walk into a corporation and be instantly handed the top positions when there were others that still could still go already occupying those positions.

When did I call Punk 2nd rate guys in the indies? There are different levels of talents in the indies too right? Clearly there were some that had very little chance of succeeding in WWE or TNA but hey if the employee don't get hired it is always the employers' fault. Only idiots take every criticism of the indies as a personal insult.

I don't mind Richards. I will say I tuned out of ROH for most of his title reign. I didn't come back until he dropped it. He's a really good strong-style worker, but I just dont' get into that as much as some people. I prefer a bit more selling and "sports entertainment" in my wrestling. Same reason I don't like watching Jay Lethal matches. The guy will take 15 superkicks to the face and get right back up. But then he hits a superkick and expects an opponent to sell the shit out of it. Also his finisher is just ******ed, but that's a totally different story.

Richards wouldn't survive in WWE, unless he learned to work the WWE way. I think he'd be more frustrated by that then just just about any other guy on the indies. Punk cared enough to adapt. Bryan cared enough to adapt. Richards just strikes me as one of those guys that is "too cool" to work the WWE style. Whatever. No big loss. I would have liked to see the Wolves as a tag team, but good wrestling only gets you so far. How long did it take the Usos to be used more than once every six months? They still don't matter.

I said that from the beginning - like I've said previously, just because you're not in Nickelback doesn't mean you're a crap musician, they can go be good somewhere else.

I confess, I did not read through all 7 pages, but please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed at this reference.

I confess, I did not read through all 7 pages, but please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed at this reference.

Nickelback are shit, most tend to agree, but their mainstream and to some their style of rock 'n' roll epitomizes what rock 'n' roll is, even though many would agree there are lesser known bands producing better music just not as promoted or marketed as them.

I did like one of their songs though. Forget what it was called.

All they had was a tryout match, and while I'd be surprised that they didn't have to sign something just to be able to do that, I don't believe it's any type of contract. I'm pretty sure they just have to sign a waiver releasing the company from any liability in case they get injured.

That said, how can anyone with even a little bit of knowledge of how a company like the WWE works, and knows anything about Davey Richards background, actually think that guy could be their champion period... let alone in just 3 years time?

The guy is notorious for his horrible attitude, and while something like that can be tolerated on the indy's (or tolerated in the WWE once you've actually made it big time there)... it's not going to be tolerated for a second from someone who hasn't even got his foot in their door yet.

It surprised me at first to hear that Richards and Edwards were actually getting a tryout... because it's not like the WWE isn't well aware of who they are and how they work. Then I realized it was for a couple of reasons...

- Triple H's reasoning of their size and the fact that they've already got plenty of similar guys who can fill any spot they would take
- Richards attitude and if they wanted to even work with him

So they give them the tryout (likely out of respect for Regal), and from what I've heard, it was booked to be a squash because they wanted to see how the 'big indy stars' would handle that. Obvious attitude test here. Then during the match, Richards takes a bad bump and Triple H tells the ref to have them go home. And Richards doesn't?

Richards and Edwards had enough support from Regal that all Richards needed to do was play ball, and they probably would have got the developmental deal and could have waited until either the time came that there was a spot for them on the main roster... or forced the WWE's hand by being too good to ignore.

But him ignoring the boss saying to end the match is just another example of the reason why someone like Davey Richards would never be WWE champion... regardless of how talented he is. He's got a bad attitude, and he simply can't be trusted. They gave him a chance to see if he'd matured, and he obviously hasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back