• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards Report To NXT

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report that I read a few minutes ago, Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards will, allegedly, be working in NXT for the next several months and are scheduled to be part of some upcoming tapings of NXT. While wrestling in NXT, they'll be known as The American Pitbulls.

The report also states that Rob Feinstein of RF Video wrote on Facebook last night that Richards & Edwards will be kept as a tag team. Feinstein also wrote that the current plan is for NXT officials to bring them to SmackDown! in a few months as a team to see if they get over with fans. There's also a mention of an earlier report from this week in which William Regal went to bat for Edwards & Richards, persuading Triple H to give them both another tryout. There are numerous reports on how much Triple H likes and respects William Regal's judgment and Regal is someone that's shown to have a genuine eye for talent. Richards sent out a message via Twitter last night saying: "@ringofhonor our time may possibly be coming to end. In my heart I will always and proudly be an "ROH GUY". I'm forever in debt to you."

So, it looks like things are off & running for Richards & Edwards if there's anything to this report. It's been reported that WWE isn't really looking to sign anymore indie guys for a while, something that I think is more of a directive from Vince McMahon to Triple H. I might be wrong, but that's the sense I get. After all, even though Triple H is in charge of NXT, Vince is the one true honcho and has the final word on anything & everything.

So, only time will tell if this ultimately leads to anything. If things work out, I believe they'll be the last two indie guys WWE signs for quite a while. Richards & Edwards are, arguably, the two top guys on the American indie circuit and both the NXT & main roster is made up of a lot of indie talent.

Well hopefully they sign these guys because they NEED more tag teams and having the American Wolves/Pitbulls would be great. They don't HAVE to be future main eventers just keep them as an attraction for the tag division and things will be fine.

I have read one of them has a Japan tour next month, and I imagine they have some bookings to fulfill. so they are going to go in and out. That seems odd but encouraging, I remember Punk, Cabana, Bryan, Hero, Cesaro Callahan, Del Sol all had to finish their shots then come in. This way they are on TV, can finish up by the next set of TV's and it looks like they never left.

I do not watch a lot of ROH so I am not overly familiar with them, but all the reports are these guys can go. The one good thing WWE has done since adding that hour to Raw is the great 20+ minute match about twice a month on RAW. Thumbs up on this one WWE and pat on the back to Regal if that's all true. WWE has so much talent in NXT right now almost ready to go... I could see WWE bringing the draft back in May/June and re split the rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back