Yo Dragon Saga

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Main page:

Richards & Edwards Finished with WWE?

The latest word on Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards is that WWE will not be offering them a contract and the duo will not be at the next set of NXT tapings.

The reason the two aren't being offered a deal is because Triple H reportedly has an issue with their size. He feels NXT has enough smaller guys who can work great matches, and he is looking for talent that could headline WrestleMania in 5-10 years.

You want to keep waiting the rest of the three years or just give up now?

In case anyone is wondering, we're talking about this:

Then lets make this bet special.

If Richards (not Edwards, I like him but he strikes me as a guy who'll become a Kofi Kingston-esq midcarder at best) becomes World Heavyweight or WWE Champion in his we'll say three years as a signed WWE wrestler, I get your admin powers. It can be approved by whoever when the time comes, or if I'm not around here at all. If he fails, you can... ban me, I guess? For a year or whatever. Think the stakes are fairly equal-ish here.

3 years from today or no deal. Heck I'll even make it easier on you: by January 1 of 2017.

Deal.

As someone who knows how Richards works, the guy is pretty straightforward - he does anything to be the best. If he signs on the dotted line, by 2017 he'll have been World Heavyweight and/or WWE Champion. Guaranteed. If Bryan could do it in less than two and a half years, Davey can too.

Also to clarify:

KB, Jim Cornette, HHH and the people that run NXT now think there isn't much in either of these guys. I'm sure we're ALL wrong though and Richards is the bestest guy EVER.

I love the concept that HHH cut them because he didn't like their size. Like HHH didn't realize how big they were when they were brought in.

Like dumping a girl because you got her naked and realized she was wearing a really padded bra.

You seem to forgotten the note later in that thread where it was noted, "if he signed", he didn't sign however so the bet is thrown out. Wait until someone like Johnny Gargano or Adam Cole is signed, I'll throw up a bet then if you want to dismiss their talents because they weren't signed quickfast, if ever?

Also, make note of the point in the news report where it states many people went to bat for them. I've read the entry from Meltzer and those names include William Regal who is big fans of both, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk also backed up Regal's opinion.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less whether they got signed or not. I said that from the beginning - like I've said previously, just because you're not in Nickelback doesn't mean you're a crap musician, they can go be good somewhere else. Will they make the same money? Probably not, but that's their agenda, not mine the viewer.

And also the bat shit crazy Cornette loved both, he put the title on Richards, once said on a radio show he thinks Davey is too good for WWE, but is now angry because Richards talked shit about him while Edwards said he liked Jim. Hell, even in his most recent podcast Jim said he loved his time around Eddie.

Translation:....eh screw being nice. You're a dolt who got caught and is bailing out. I'm leaning towards locking you up to see you rant and rave. Your overrated boy got ONE FREAKING MATCH in NXT and didn't even get a job because Davey Richards is an overrated hack that morons like you cheer for because it makes you feel smart. Enjoy running New Jersey in front of 400 people and talking about how this is REAL wrestling while no one cares.

Translation:....eh screw being nice. You're a dolt who got caught and is bailing out. I'm leaning towards locking you up to see you rant and rave. Your overrated boy got ONE FREAKING MATCH in NXT and didn't even get a job because Davey Richards is an overrated hack that morons like you cheer for because it makes you feel smart. Enjoy running New Jersey in front of 400 people and talking about how this is REAL wrestling while no one cares.

This is one of the few times I've seen you show some passion for your opinion.

And he's hardly "my boy", do I think he's talented? Yes. Very talented wrestler. Not a great talker. Do I think had WWE signed him he would have succeeded? Yup, definitely. Am I surprised they haven't if they report is true? Not all that much, in fact had someone said, "give a reason why they wouldn't sign them", I'd have said them or mostly Davey not kicking his independent/puro habits would be one followed by their size and then WWE wanting to create its own talent; didn't spend all that money on the Performance Center for nothing.

Where does he go next? Could be Jersey in-front of 400 people, especially considering ROH fired him. Maybe now he'll ring TNA with his tail between his legs looking for a grapevine? Maybe he'll be headlining the Tokyo Dome next year in-front of 20,000 like The Young Bucks will tomorrow? Who knows, that's the fun thing about wrestling.

And if you want to throw me in the forum prison because you feel that strongly about it despite the fact it was stated he had to sign first, do it.

Nah I'm not throwing you in prison. Just knowing you were so totally wrong makes me smile all the more.

Didn't Davey pretty much piss off the people running ROH on his way out? I thought I read something where ROH management said they were tired of Daveys shit, & he'd no longer be welcome but they loved having Eddie & he'd be welcome back whenever.

Didn't Davey pretty much piss off the people running ROH on his way out? I thought I read something where ROH management said they were tired of Daveys shit, & he'd no longer be welcome but they loved having Eddie & he'd be welcome back whenever.

Yup, I said it above, he was fired before his farewell match. Alvarez said he was told by multiple sources Delirious did it too, he was sick of Davey's attitude as was apparently multiple people in the office. Edwards also had no problem doing the farewell match with a new partner.

Davey's back with Gabe now - least he reformed one bridge, although it is Gabe who'd eat his own shit for a chance to book Samoa Joe again - and doing EVOLVE.

As for Eddie, they did The Decade attack during his farewell to keep the door open for when/if he wanted to return, so he could walk back in and have a program. I think they'll need to wait awhile though for some dramatic effect if they do it, WrestleMania weekend would be perfect.

While Davey is talented, I found him to be good, but not great in ROH. But hey, he's proven that you don't have to make it in WWE; if I were in his position I'd go over to Japan for a while. They love "real" wrestling, and he can make good money. As far as TNA goes, I don't know if the Wolves will get a foot in the door. Even if TNA did want them, chances are it won't be for much cash. I also look at another talent ROH had in Kenny King; and what has he done in TNA recently? I've said before that I'd take the wolves with open arms if they were to come to TNA. I just don't see it happening.

I also look at another talent ROH had in Kenny King

I bet Kenny King really regrets what he did now. Cause once that tie with TNA is severed which lets be realistic, is gonna happen, hes fuck all places to go. Unless WWE want him - back - I can't see ROH trusting him again. Maybe Delirious will give him a second chance but IDK, he definitely won't comeback and be given a top spot.

I bet Kenny King really regrets what he did now. Cause once that tie with TNA is severed which lets be realistic, is gonna happen, hes fuck all places to go. Unless WWE want him - back - I can't see ROH trusting him again. Maybe Delirious will give him a second chance but IDK, he definitely won't comeback and be given a top spot.
Kenny King via wrestlingnewssource.com said:
I left because there was a bigger opportunity," he said. "I also left because I had given ROH what I felt was a long enough period of time to convince me to stay and they did a pretty piss poor job of that. Not everyone. Just probably one person in particular. I personally feel like I handled it the best way I could based on what I was looking at.
Hindsight is 20/20; in 2012, I would have done the exact same thing. TNA held a pretty good set of cards at the time, and ROH had been getting sucked dry of their performers for a few years by the big two. Anyone with a clue back then realized TNA wasn't living up to expectations; at the time, we didn't realize TNA was entirely full of shit. All of those people screaming "you don't see their account balances, so you can't knowowowowowow" were, in a hilarious kind of way, completely right.

I'm hesitant to say "TNA's loss is ROH's gain", however. While in a literal sense, that's true- performers are going to go to where they can find the largest, most reliable paycheck (or other considerations instead of money, like travel concerns, etc.)- in an actual sense, I don't see that ROH is positioned to do anything about it. If you aren't active in the internet wrestling community, and if you aren't fucking around in the high-triple digit numbers on your satellite dish, you don't know ROH exists.

The people who are really upset right now are the ones who've burned their bridges to the WWE. It looks like they'll be the only sure bet for a big paycheck in professional wrestling for the next few years.

Nah I'm not throwing you in prison. Just knowing you were so totally wrong makes me smile all the more.

He was not "totally" wrong - he stated that if they were signed, at least Richards could be big and on looks alone, Richards could have been big. He has an appeal for a kind of demographic and kids could very well love his offense. He could have been big, sadly none of you will be proven right because the guy will not have his opportunity.

He was not "totally" wrong - he stated that if they were signed, at least Richards could be big and on looks alone, Richards could have been big. He has an appeal for a kind of demographic and kids could very well love his offense. He could have been big, sadly none of you will be proven right because the guy will not have his opportunity.

He was convinced Richards would be WWE Champion in 3 years. Richards didn't even get a job. Somehow that's not wrong.

The internet confuses me.

As much as you hate Davey's indy stuff (I'm not the biggest fan either unless he was in there being carried by KENTA), don't you still think he has the talent to be able to adjust to the WWE style and become a more than capable wrestler for the company? There's absolutely no way he would be any worse than someone like The Miz.

Davey would have never been World Champion, but I think he could have found a solid place in the company, ala Kofi. He has the talent; he just hasn't had the proper guidance yet.

As much as you hate Davey's indy stuff (I'm not the biggest fan either unless he was in there being carried by KENTA), don't you still think he has the talent to be able to adjust to the WWE style and become a more than capable wrestler for the company? There's absolutely no way he would be any worse than someone like The Miz.

Davey would have never been World Champion, but I think he could have found a solid place in the company, ala Kofi. He has the talent; he just hasn't had the proper guidance yet.

I think Eddie could have been. As for Davey, I've seen more than just his ROH stuff and I do not see any mainstream appeal at all.

However if you look at DS's recent thread regarding "AJ Styles Signs with ROH" you'd realize that up until that point he posted that thread he had a very flexible definition of what "signing" actually mean. Thus therefore it is unto to for to unto be there that kb wins ex post a priori facto pluribus unum anus.

And as AJ said in his own words on the podcast, "I've signed with ROH, I'll be working with ROH", we know its an open contract but if the details of his contact state he can't appear on anyone elses TV show to set that in stone he may have signed something. Who knows. All we know is its an open contract but a contract of sorts nonetheless.

I didn't think The American Pitbulls were very good in their match. That's about all I have to contribute. They really were underwhelming though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back