WZCW Trading Card game.

Not quite sure how I feel about my idea being pulled so much away from me. Everything looks cool though, but it is definitely too complicated when compared to my original planning. Phone only access to the forums makes me limited in my replies until I can get to the library.

Where's your idea, Kermit?
The basic idea was presented in my idea thread along with three others. I am sure that the idea of trading cards for WZCW isn't revolutionary, but it was kind of tugged into a direction before I had a chance to present my planning for it. I just don't have time to type it all out on my iPhone, and need to wait until I get to the library to lay it out.

I definitely think that we're making this far too complicated. The issue is that, if we are to go down the road of basically playing Top Trumps with these cards, then we're going to need a staff member assigned to running it and posting the packs etc. Honestly, I doubt we have the time between shows to do it. We would need a dedicated member of staff to run it. And that's without even saying how much effort would be needed to ensure that the stats on the cards are up to date. I mean, again, I don't mind doing that and doing the graphics for that too.

But still, we need to be careful to not over-complicate things when we're brainstorming.

I don't want this to turn into fucking Pokemon or Yugioh. I like the idea of having character cards that can be earned by beating different opponents, and each card being worth a certain amount of money that can buy certain things like gimmick entrances, pyro, weapons, etc.

I don't want this to turn into fucking Pokemon or Yugioh. I like the idea of having character cards that can be earned by beating different opponents, and each card being worth a certain amount of money that can buy certain things like gimmick entrances, pyro, weapons, etc.

I concur, actually.

I agree - I like the idea of them being a currency. Though the thought of them being a game is kind of cool too. I'm torn. I think the currency idea is far more workable long-term.

I like the original card concept Dave had up. And you can collect a card from whoever you beat. And you can gamble those cards in match ups or trade them.

"I will put my Mind Over Matter Championship Card and my Sons of Destiny card for your Ty Burna Rare card."

Stuff like that.

Oh wow, I vastly misinterpreted what we were going for here.

I demand the hour of my life that I spent typing that up back, thank you.

Oh wow, I vastly misinterpreted what we were going for here.

I demand the hour of my life that I spent typing that up back, thank you.
one-hour.jpg

There's two ways that we could go with this. The first being the card game that people have begun to develop but obviously that would be the one that is the most time consuming and requires the most dedication from players and whoever the head person running/organizing this is. It'd be a kick in the pants to set this up only for interest to fall within the first month.

The second is the original idea that Kermit presented, which is the simplest and probably most likely to succeed, especially since this will be the first attempt at such a thing. If it's deemed a success, then maybe it would be nice to branch off of it and make it bigger.

Both ideas seem fun and I look forward to whatever one is decided.

Fine, Gelgarin and I will go make our own TCG and then scrap the whole thing after two days of work and not being able to agree on anything, and we don't need ANYONE'S help, you jerks.

Sounds like an awesome idea. I propose that we forget all of your input up till now and work from my blueprint. Agreed?

I refuse to backdown on a few key issues that really don't matter.

Can we put a duct tape line down the middle of the room now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back