WZCW SuperShow: Constantine(c) vs. Chris K.O.-Elite X Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Constantine looks to be well on his way to being the first man in WZCW History to complete the Elite X Championship's 7 Defense Challenge to earn himself a chance at the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship. He currently has five successful defenses thanks to his victory in a Triple Threat Steel Cage match that earned him two defenses.

Stationed at Number Six is the recently returning Chris K.O who has been on a roll since his comeback at the Lethal Lottery. This match will be a little bit more personal than all the other defenses as Chris is currently on the bandwagon against the Elite, setting his sights firmly on Steven Holmes. However, before his match with Holmes at Kingdom Come, Chris will get a chance to strip Constantine of what makes the group Elite.

Can Chris knock off Constantine prior to his final engagement against El Califa?

Deadline is Friday, October 17th, 11:59pm CST. Extensions available upon request.

From unyielding darkness, a voice can be heard.

Constantine: I see you, Chris K.O.

Suddenly, a movement in the darkness becomes clear. A rumbling almost. Suddenly, the darkness bursts into a dim light. In he centre of the dimly lit room, John Constantine is seen sitting at his study, his eyes fixed firmly on the Elite X Championship that rests upon his desk. For a moment, no more words tumble menacingly from the mouth of the Elite X Champion.

Constantine: I see what you're doing...

Again, the room falls into silence as Constantine fixes his eyes on the camera this time.

Constantine: I see you moving around in the shadows – A man who fancies himself as the White Knight of WZCW.

Constantine loses focus for a second as he places one hand upon the beautiful golden plate of the Elite X Championship. Solemnly, he chooses his words very carefully before continuing.

Constantine: When all is said and done, Chris. What will the history books say about you and your exploits? I bet you fancy yourself a story of great importance. A chapter in the history books just for the sheer importance that is Chris KO?

Constantine finally lets a smile loose as he thinks on the preposterous idea.

Constantine: A chapter for all of the mighty successes and accomplishments of Chris KO... Vast as they may or may not be.

The Elite X Champion's smile continues as he further indulges himself with his thoughts.

Constantine: A EurAsian Champion, no doubt. A page that you will share along with the likes of Showtime David Cougar and Rush. As much as I will it not to be so, you have indeed put WZCW gold around that ungrateful waist of yours.

The Elite X Championship sparkles in the dim light.

Constantine: One defence!

The former politician suddenly breaks his slow and patient rhythm as he shouts into the darkness – a look of venom in his eyes.

Constantine: And yet, you are still thought of as a fierce warrior and a true Champion. How can this be? I'll tell you how, Chris. Because like many others in this business, you have made a career and a livelihood out of riding the coattails of more successful and more accomplished wrestlers. And yet, I... ME! I am called the great manipulator of WZCW!

The Champions eyes glow red with fire again as all thoughts of laughter slip away with his more serious message.

Constantine: Here I am, 2 defences away from challenging the World Heavyweight Champion and completing the Elite X Championship gauntlet – a feat that few could accomplish and even fewer thought possible. But where is John Constantine's legacy? Where is my chapter in the pages of history, Chris? WHERE!?

Constantine slams his fist down on the wooden desk as his fire continues.

Constantine: A two time Elite X Champion, a King For A Day winner, a member of The Elite and one of the most talented and dangerous men to ever grace the world of professional wrestling. My talents and accomplishments far surpass anything you have ever accomplished in WZCW and yet it is you that is heralded as the future of this great company!

Constantine allows his fiery temperament to cool momentarily as he looks towards his Elite X Championship again.

Constantine:
But remnants of your fluke win against Ty Burna at Kingdom Come seem to surpass anything that I ever accomplish. The doubters and detractors of my reign have thrown every criticism at me. It has been said that my opponents were too inexperienced, too weak or too uncaring. Even reports of bias by WZCW Management are used to hide the fact that I am only two defences short of finally grabbing the brass ring and winning my first World Heavyweight Championship.

Again, an almost haunting smile crosses the features of John Constantine as the film continues to roll.

Constantine: And then, what will they say about John Constantine? Will they finally give me the credit that I most undoubtedly deserve?

Constantine thinks on this for a second before letting out a chuckle.

Constantine: Not likely, I'm afraid. Because people like Chris KO will continue to besmirch my reign. They will continue to give hope where there is none, thoughts of light when there is only darkness. That, I am afraid, is but the nature of the beast. But I see you, Chris!

Continues now turns his attention towards the camera as if he were talking to his Supershow opponent face-to-face.

Constantine: I see you in the shadows, trying your hardest to unravel everything that The Elite has set out to accomplish. Again, you fancy yourself the White Knight of WZCW – trying your utmost to add more column inches to that page of yours in the history books. In your mind, you probably think that by beating me and taking the Elite X Championship from me, that you will have claimed your victory... But you are wrong!

Constantine finally picks up the Elite X Championship from the table and whips it over his shoulder in a grand fashion.

Constantine: You may have disbanded the Apostles Of Chaos but The Elite is so much more than that. The Apostles were driven by greed and hatred but the Elite is an idea. The idea being that WZCW is a place where only the most elite amongst us may thrive and be successful. At the upcoming Supershow, you may or may be successful against me and claim the Elite X Championship for your own. But in doing so, you will bring a Hell upon yourself that you could never possibly imagine. With Steven Holmes waiting for you at Kingdom Come, do yourself a favour and choose your battles wisely. The Elite is striving for a better WZCW and we will not be stopped by you or by anyone. The Elite X Championship is mine and mine alone. It is my crowning glory and something I will not give up until I cannot lift my shoulders from the canvas once and for all. But should you beat me through some opportunistic fluke, then the idea will persevere.

Constantine fumbles around with the camera for a second before it finally settles on his face.

Constantine: At the Supershow, you do not fight a man, Chris. You fight that idea. And whilst you may fancy your chances of an upset, I'm afraid the White Knight will fall like the rest and I will claim my sixth defence. You lurk in the shadows, Chris. But...

Constantine shuts the lens of the camera so that darkness is all that can be seen.

Constantine: I see you.

Brass Rings

The scene opens on a volleyball. The sun shines on its tough stitched-up white coat.

???: Hey, Chris. Wake up.

The camera switches shots and we see a close-up of Chris, K.O.. His hair is short, shaggy, and greasy. His face bears an unruly stubble. He is fast asleep as the volleyball sits next to his face.

???: WAKE UP!

BONK!

We see the volleyball slam against the side of Chris' sleeping face. He jerks up in defense mode, but quickly lowers his guard at the sound of laughing. He looks over at the thrower of his physical alarm clock. It is Steve at the other end of the raft. Chris fumes as he grabs the volleyball on the floor of the raft and stands up to punt it out towards the island. Chris screams in frustration as he kicks it.

Steve lets out a sigh as the volleyball lands near the shore.

Chris falls back into a sitting position with a brooding look upon his face.

Chris: Next time I am kicking it out towards the damn ocean.

Steve rolls his eyes as he knows Chris’ threat is merit-less. Steve stands up and bends over the side of the raft. He begins pulling on a rope that yanks the raft towards the island.

Steve: Come on, it’s time to go back to shore.

Chris wipes his sun-dried cracked lips as he examines the man before him. The days have made Steve look older (a lot older). His hair is longer, and his hands are more calloused. However, he’s never lost his optimism. It is one attribute, above all else, that annoys Chris the most about Steve.

The scene shifts temporarily as we see Chris walking up to a tree from a front-angle shot. Steve is anchoring the raft in the background as Chris stares at the tree coldly. He reaches in his rough-looking khaki shorts and pulls out a sharp rock. He slams it against the tree. The camera switches behind Chris as we see him drag the rock down to make a mark. It completes a set of tally marks. Nine sets of five. Nine sets of five makes-

Chris: Forty-five days.

Chris turns his head to look at Steve as he joins him at the tree. The two share a look before leering into the jungle.

|-----------------------------------------------|​

We are on a plane now. Outside of the window are clouds, and in the window is a reflection. A sweaty-toothed madman with a stare that pounds the window pane. Chris K.O., beard and all, peers out the glass that accompanies his seat.

I’ve been asked several times since my return to WZCW, “How are you still able to get on a plane after what happened to you?” My answer? I’ve spent the better part of my life running from the things that scare me the most. Whether it be reconciling a broken relationship with my father or the demons I used to harbor. But that was back then. That was before the island.

That was before the island dissected the fear out of me. Every drop of insecurity was poured out of my brow on a daily basis. And at night when the storm clouds would blot out the stars, and I would not be able to see my very hand in front of my face, it was there (in total darkness) that I shed terror from my skin. Dismay was ripped from my essence, and I was born anew.

That’s not to say I don’t worry. I worry very much. I worry about my friends, what little I have-

The camera shows Steve the volleyball sitting next to Chris on the plane.

And I worry about not completing what I started all those years ago. I worry about what might permeate the void if the cavity in me is not filled. I worry about the man I might become if I do not resolve my qualm with Ty Burna.

But here I am again. Another labyrinth to work my way through. Another straw man in my quest.

Chris’ eyes gleam as he holds his hand up to his mouth and strokes his beard. The camera fades out as it focuses on the reflection of the former EurAsian Champion’s eyes in the window.

We return to Chris on the island. He is holding some type of tool created from several branches and twine. The end of the stick is in the shape of a hook. He uses it to reach up and pull fruit off from a tree. The sound of rumbling occurs overhead as Chris looks up through the leaves to see that grey has consumed the sky.

It’s been forty-five days since Steve and I landed on this island. It’s been forty-five days of continuous scavenging and retreating. By now we have managed to circumnavigate the entirety of the island. A full tour takes about half a day by walking.

Not only that, but we have managed to pinpoint the time in which the panther comes out at night. We have carefully avoided any contact. A few roars and supposed close calls were enough.

Our tasks have become habitual. I collect fruit while Steve explores. While we have surveyed the outside, we have left much of the inside of the jungle untouched. We are afraid we might stumble upon the living space of the panther. Steve carefully charts a little bit each time we come back to shore. I don’t know exactly what he hopes to find. Someday I don’t expect him to come back to the raft when it’s time to drift back out.

Chris reaches in his pocket and pulls out a bundle of twine. He uses it to tie up several pieces of fruit to make it easier to carry. Chris grabs the fruit and his tool as begins making his way through the jungle.

As for the panther, it has become somewhat of a joke for Steve and I to come up with origin stories for the feral beast on a regular basis. Steve often fantasizes about a Life of Pi scenario where the panther gets stranded on the island. As for me, I choose a darker narrative.

I imagine a scene where the panther was once Lucifer’s pet in Heaven. When God cast Lucifer out of Heaven for trying to overthrow him, he looked at the beast and made a decision to separate it from its master. He created this very island as a holding cell for the demonic yellow-eyed beast and gave it free domain over everything on it. Steve laughs at my idea, but to me this place is a version of Hell. To me, I am being punished.

Rain slowly begins to fall as Chris continues walking through the jungle. He finally cuts through an opening and spots Steve up ahead. Chris double takes as he sees Steve’s hair and shirt blowing in the wind. He looks beyond Steve and does not see the raft. He looks out on the water and sees the raft far off to the left. Chris immediately drops his stuff and runs up to Steve.

Chris: Steve! STEVE!

Chris grabs Steve’s shoulder just as Steve looks back.

Chris: What the hell happened to the raft?!

Steve: I can’t live like this anymore, Chris. I can’t!

Chris: What the hell are you talking about?

Steve: I’m tired of getting back on that raft everyday! I know you are too!

Chris shakes his head in disbelief.

Chris: You idiot! That's our only way off this damn island!

The rain begins to pick up as Chris grabs his head in panic. He looks out to the raft and debates for a moment on swimming out to get it, but it is too far. Chris kneels down as he squeezes his head in anger.

Chris: You fucking idiot!

Steve: It’s us or him, Chris!

Chris stands up and shoots Steve a cock-eyed stare.

Chris: You’re crazy. YOU’RE CRAZY! Is this about your damn volley ball this morning? What the hell, man?!

Steve just stares back stone-faced. He turns towards the jungle and begins making his way towards it.

Chris: Steve-

Steve keeps on going.

Chris: Steve!

Steve doesn’t stop.

Chris: STEVE!

Steve enters into the jungle as Chris shakes his head in denial.

We return to the plane. A hand is positioned over small drink with a small straw. The hand belongs to Chris as he pulls the drink up for a sip. He then puts the drink back down and slowly turns his head back towards the window.

I’ll be honest with myself. I am tired. I am so sick of grabbing Ty Burna’s brass rings in order to navigate my way to the final level where he waits. I’ve been doing this since I was installing Pipelines of Pain on Everest and Steamboat. I’ve been doing this I hung upon the chaos symbol, bloodied and bruised. And I’ve been doing it since two El Califa Dragons performed two Consecrated Banishments on Drake Callahan and I. I’m sick and tired of wading through the muck and the myre that rests between me and my goal.

And now, another ring. Constantine, the Elite X Champion. A member of The Elite, and a high-ranking piece on Ty Burna’s chess board. When I returned to the WZCW, I honestly had no desire of winning championships. My only desire was to find myself alone with Ty Burna in the ring one last time. However, I am not shy to title opportunities that might better position myself for such a match.

At Kingdom Come, Ty Burna will be competing for WZCW World Heavyweight Title #1 Contendership against Mikey Stormage. It is clear by analyzing recent events, that Ty is fixated on top tier gold. With that being said, it seems since my departure that a new pathway has revealed itself to such a treasure. That is the Elite X Championship.

Beating Constantine at the SuperShow presents satisfying results two-fold. First is a clear and defined route to position myself at the top of the company. One thing is always certain about Ty Burna. He is either occupying that space at the top, or he is vying to knock off whoever is there. Getting there guarantees his undivided attention.

Secondly, it is would serve my purpose well to not only dismantle Steven Holmes in our match at Kingdom Come VI, who seems hell-bent on demolishing me (no doubt a manipulative move constructed by Ty himself), but to also destroy the other pillar of The Elite in Constantine. Defeating both of those monumental challenges would surely grant me an audience from the dark lord. How could he turn a blind eye to the man who destroys the very foundation that he so proudly parades himself on?

But in my hope for what might lie ahead, I must not forget the very man who stands opposed to me this upcoming round. I know who you are Constantine. You are every bit deserving of the title “elite”. I would be a fool to think of you otherwise. I recall your bout with Showtime and pushing him to unseen limits. I recall your King for a Day reign. Now you find yourself at the pinnacle of an elite mountain. You hug it so hard that it will take great mental and physical strength to pry you from your position.

For me to lose…

The liquid in the cup suddenly begins to rattle. Chris looks down at the cup as he feels the plane shake a little bit. Some of the other passengers begin to chatter.

We see Chris charge into an opening inside of the jungle. He looks around, but all he sees is thick forestry around him. He yells out.

Chris: Steve?!

For me to lose to you, Constantine, could very well diminish everything that I have worked for.

The "fasten seat belt" sign lights up on the overhead compartment. Chris slowly looks up as the plane vibrates some more.

A loud roar pierces through the rain as Chris jerks his head towards the direction from whence it came. He begins to tremble as he slowly steps back.

Why do I keep grabbing the brass rings?

Chris fastens his seat belt. He then holds on to his armrest with one hand and reaches over to put his palm down on Steve the volleyball with the other.

Chris looks deep into the jungle. He hears Steve yell out his name. Chris’ eyes grow wide.

Because I am not afraid.

Chris takes a deep breath and runs into the jungle towards the sound of Steve’s yell.

The screen goes black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back