WZCW SuperShow: The Beard vs. El Califa Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
It's been a crazy few months for El Califa who has seen his long-time friend and tag team partner Amber Warren turn his back on him, make her return from injury, re-unite their tag team and then almost immediately put back on the shelf again... with all of this stemming from the Pale Riders. His final match before taking on Constantine for the WZCW Elite X title, he will get his chance as he takes on the last surviving member of the Pale Riders and the self-proclaimed true WZCW World Heavyweight champion, The Beard.

Will El Califa get some measure of closure or will the dominating Beard do what he did to Matt Tastic on Aftershock that rendered the champ unable to compete at the SuperShow?

Deadline is Friday, October 17th, 11:59pm CST. Extensions available upon request.

If you keep bringing me food, I’ll be sure to feast.

The familiar voice of The Beard comes across as he eats from a cracked and dirty plate.

The appetite is a strange thing. Somedays you can eat for hours, other days not at all. But when it sits right in front of you and it stares into your beady eyes, you can’t help but wonder what it tastes like.

Beard licks his lips as he takes a bit of his food, a piece of not so kosher chicken. He rips the skin from the drumstick as he cleans his teeth with his tongue.

Another false hope, another false entity, another false hero. That is what they bring to the table. First Stormrage, now El Califa Dragon. It is as if they want these “heroes” to be destroyed in front of their own eyes. All this to set up for the big date with Matt Tastic. Tastic tasted just a small bite of what I can do to him. If he is man enough to come back to defend my championship, the better for me.

Beard methodically rips strands of chicken off the bone as he puts them in his mouth and tears them apart.

They don’t realise that I am the hero they crave. It’s not the loveable team of Live Mas nor is it the faceless warrior, El Califa Dragon. It is I that they want. Yet it is I that they fear the most. I’m no saint nor am I a sinner. I do what is good for them. They wanted this, they asked for this, and they will get it.

Beard slides the chicken off the table as it crashes to the floor below. He slowly rises to his chair and takes a few steps before squatting down. A match is lit as Beard holds it over the skeletal remains below him.

They believe that I am the hero this company needs. A man who stands up for what is right. A man not worried about doing what is right, but a man who will do what is necessary for the greater good to survive. They know I’m not a marketable brand, they know I’m not a movie star. But I am what is needed for survival.

Beard lifts one of the skulls up towards his face and stares into the sockets. He gently brushes it against his face before a blank look comes upon him and he smashes the skull to the ground, shattering it.

An empty mind. That’s what the company truly desires. Someone they can puppeteer into doing what is best. A mind as complex as mine isn’t something that can be manipulated like that of Matt Tastic and his days are numbered. Come the Supershow El Califa finally can put an end to the Pale Riders. His dying wish can come true. Except his wish is no longer a reality.

Beard picks up another skull, this time he places a mask on top of it that resembles El Califa Dragon. He begins to speak to the skull as if it were Califa with a sudden change in his tone. Beard speaks more gently almost as if he were speaking to a child.

I fulfilled your wish El Califa. I ended the Pale Riders. Your dream is no more. Your desire is gone. You now face a wanted man. A man with no purpose. A man who isn’t afraid to take things a little too far.

Beard gently rubs his hand across the skull, as if he were petting it. He embraces the skull to his chest as a sudden connection is made as Beard realises Califa is a friend, not an enemy.

I never realised that you just wanted to be my friend Califa. I can’t believe I let the Pale Riders stand between us. We fight for the same cause, I understand now.

Beard rises up and begins to dance with the skull as he twirls around the room.

We are heroes. True heroes, not the false hope that saves face each and every week. We are what they want. We aren’t false hope. We are a true reality. We are true faces.

On that last word Beard stumbles and loses Califa’s skull. He searches around before picking up the skull by the mask. As the mask falls off a concern looks comes across Beard’s face. A look of anger and confusion.

Empty. It’s empty. You are just one of them. You aren’t like me at all. I’m the only one who can save them. I’m the only one who can protect them from the greater evil that has been forced up them. I’m their savior. I’m their one and only. I’m their hero.

His fist connects with the skull and it shatters. Beard stares aimlessly at his hands as blood slowly trickles down his wrist and remains from the skull stick out from the bottom of his hand.

These are the hands of a dangerous man. These hands will stop at nothing until everything is right. These hands will cause many problems, but in the end these hands will build a revolution. So simple, yet so destructive. Fear awaits, but these hands are the only thing that can stop that fear. Until then.

Beard pauses as his breaths are heavy. Suddenly a loud smashed echoes through the room. Beard lifts his hand, revealing the body of a crushed mouse. Beard holds him in his hand as he strokes his fur. Rage begins to fill his eyes as he crushes the mouse between his hands. The bones crack as a faint squeak is heard. Beard places the mouse gently on the table. He takes a deep breath before whispering.

The world is mine for the taking.

El Califa: The time to say goodbye has come and gone. Los Magnificos Dragones is no longer.

The scene opens to a black and white shot of El Califa shaking hands with Nate, and then hugging Amber before they boarded their flight back home.

El Califa: Amber Warren's injuries were significant enough to change her mind on wrestling again, a decision El Califa certainly can respect.

Another scene of Amber down on the ground with Cerberus standing over her gloating, while El Califa is trapped in the ropes, forced to watch.

El Califa: However, when one door closes in El Califa's life, so too does a new opportunity stand in front of him.

The feed fades into El Califa's villa, an interviewer jotting down notes. She looks up at El Califa and smiles.

Reporter: This should be enough. Thank you for your time Califa, and if you have anything to add, here's my number.

She slides a card to El Califa, with almost a twinkle in her eye as she winks towards him. El Califa looks down at the name and number, knowing full well what she means.

El Califa: He appreciates the gesture, if he needs anything he will be in touch.

El Califa stands and walks the reporter to the door, holding it open for her as she exits. Just then Maria walks in, carrying a number of shopping bags. She looks back at the reporter and back to Califa, a look of anger swiftly forming on her face. El Califa holds his hand up before Maria can speak.

El Califa: She was a reporter Maria.

Maria: Since when do you hold interviews in your villa Califa?

El Califa: She was interviewing El Califa for a trendy magazine, not a wrestling interview.

Maria blows past him and places her bags on the table, turning towards him with her hands on her hips.

Maria: You? Trendy? That's a laugh Califa! I love you Papi, but you live in gym clothes if you're not in the ring.

Califa looks down at his sleeveless shirt and shorts, holding his arms out. He shakes his head.

El Califa: Only when he is home Maria. You know he looks good the moment we go out.

Maria: I still don't believe you. What was she doing here?

Maria's tone suddenly changes, and Califa sighs, walking over to the couch and sitting down. He crosses his legs and leans his head back, his hands on top of his head.

El Califa: He is not in the mood for accusations today. He speaks the truth yet you still hold these jealous thoughts.

Maria quickly walks in front of Califa, crossing her arms as she stares down at him, her voice quickly rising.

Maria: So you're trying to make me jealous! Is that it? Look I put up with you and your little girl prancing around acting like you were just friends, but bringing in a strange woman into our home?

El Califa leans forward and looks up at Maria, his voice taking a very blunt tone.

El Califa: El Califa's home.

Maria: Whatever. I'm just glad that schoogirl got what she deserved. Now she's out of my life for good.

Califa quickly stands up, his hands balled up in fists.

El Califa: She did not deserve to be attacked like that! Amber Warren was El Califa's partner, and he let her down once again by not being able to stop Cerberus! El Califa is glad to know how you feel about the others that he cares about though Maria.

Maria: Letting people down, you're certainly good at that aren't you Papi? Are you so blind to the fact she turned on you the moment you had just an ounce of success on your own? So the moment she comes crawling back to you, you open your arms up to her and welcome her back so willingly.

El Califa: Does it sound familiar Maria?

Maria opens her mouth to speak, but her rage intensifies to the point she has no words. She slaps Califa before walking over and grabbing her bags, walking out the door and slamming it shut. Califa sighs as he falls back onto the couch, the card from the reporter earlier falls out. He flips it over to reveal the name of Trinity and a phone number. He looks up and rotates the card in his hand a few time as he lets his thoughts run wild. He sighs as he stands up, walking over to the counter and grabbing his keys.

El Califa: The gym is calling for El Califa.

The scene fades away as Califa walks out of his villa, shutting the door behind him. It soon returns to inside Califa's gym, El Califa working on the leg press as he slams the hefty weights up repeatedly, almost angrily. A few of his students who are in working out as well on their day off watch on in amazement as rep after rep is taken.

Student: Maestro! ¿Está todo bien? (Teacher! Is everything alright?)

Califa ignores the question, finishing his numerous reps before getting off the machine. He looks to his students, and shakes his head a few times before walking over to the bench press. He motions for one student in particular, Alejandro, to come and spot. Califa loads the bar up and lies back, beginning his reps as the student stands over.

Alejandro: El Califa, what troubles you?

El Califa: One door closes, another opens in his life.

Alejandro: You speak of your title shot?

El Califa: No, not this time.

Alejandro: Then what is it?

El Califa: Do I go with the route well traveled, or a new path?

Alejandro: If you are unhappy with the same journey, then perhaps it's time to change.

El Califa: Perhaps, El Califa is considering it.

Alejandro: You have taught us well Maestro, you will do the right thing.

El Califa puts the bar back up with assistance from Alejandro. He sits up and looks up at his student, nodding his head.

El Califa: Alejandro, you have done so well since coming to my gym. You have a match coming soon do you not?

Alejandro nods, unable to mask a smile on his face.

Alejandro: Si, though I face the company's champion this weekend.

El Califa: A title opportunity?

Alejandro: No, they all think I am just a warm up match for him.

El Califa nods his head, laughing a bit as he stands up.

El Califa: Ah but they forget we are Dragons Alejandro! Have you used that special move he has taught you yet?

Aljeandro: No Maestro, I was unsure if it was wise to use it yet.

El Califa: Come, you do not have the gear yet for this big of a match!

El Califa leads Alejandro to a locked door in the gym. Califa uses his key and they enter the room. Califa hits the light to reveal numerous masks, and Alejandro is taken back by the various designs.

El Califa: Alejandro, it is time for you to receive your mask.

Alejandro: Are you sure Maestro?

Califa nods as he walks over to one of the shelves, removing a special mask, similar to his own, but with a number of distinct markings. He walks over to Alejandro and presents the mask to him.

El Califa: From here on, you shall be El Guerrero Del Dragon, The Dragon Warrior!

Alejandro takes the mask, his eyes going wide as he studies it.

Alejandro: Maestro! I am not worthy!

El Califa: Yes you are Alejandro. You have trained relentlessly and you now have an opportunity to show the world exactly what you are made of. You see, El Califa too has an important match. A World Champion, and one that has caused El Califa much pain in his life. He will carry your fighting spirit with him into his match, just as you will carry the legacy of the Dragon with you into yours!

Alejandro smiles wide as he embraces Califa. The two hug as the scene fades away to later that evening. Califa sits at home, looking at his phone, having heard no word from Maria since their argument earlier. The card sits in front of him, the name and number almost staring back at him. He reaches out and grabs it, and begins dialing.

El Califa: Trinity? It's El Califa. No he has no questions about the interview, though he was wondering if you were busy tonight.

The scene cuts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back