Kingdom Come VI: Constantine (c) vs. El Califa Dragón [Elite X Championship]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
4W3ICln.png

“The Elite X Gauntlet: Final Stage”

John Constantine, one third of The Elite is on the precipice of being the first man to run the Elite X Championship gauntlet and claim a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship since the first time since losing to Showtime David Cougar at All Or Nothing 2 years previous. Standing in his way, is a man who was originally booked to take part in the Tag Team Championship match. El Califa Dragón has notched up victories against the likes of Steven Holmes recently but Constantine represents a whole new challenge altogether.

Can John Constantine finally show the world that the Elite X gauntlet can be done given the right motivation and talent? Or will he fall at the same hurdle at which he took Fallout down? El Califa will be doing his utmost to prove it is the latter. But can he do what 6 others couldn't?

RP deadline is Friday the 7th of November at 23:59.

So....what made you decide to call me?

The scene opens to a quiet restaurant in Culiacan, clearly a higher class establishment. Waiters zoom by with bottles of wine and champagne, as the camera moves around before focusing in on El Califa Dragon, and his date Trinity. El Califa wears his modified more simplified mask, his deep brown eyes being seen for likely the first time. He takes a drink of champagne from his glass, though his eyes focus on the beauty of Trinity it's evident his mind is on other matters, most importantly, Kingdom Come. He blinks a few times, trying to push the thoughts out of his mind as he smiles towards Trinity.

El Califa: El Califa believes it was time for a fresh start in his life.

Trinity: Oh? Does that mean I'm just a stepping stone for something bigger.

Califa waves his hands, his eyes going wide as he leans back, his words stammering as he tries to back track, Trinity wearing a sly smile on her face before she takes a drink as well.

El Califa: No no no that's not what El Califa meant. He's very interested in getting to know you Trinity.

Trinity laughs as she places her drink down, placing her hand down on his and rubbing her thumb along his wrist, her eyes seeking his with a warmth uncommon to El Califa.

Trinity: Relax Califa, I was only joking.

El Califa sighs, relieved at her words. He holds her hand in return, his eyes lighting up.

El Califa: He merely meant you were a breath of fresh air, someone that he can be at ease and calm around.

Trinity: I'm not Maria or Amber. El Califa, I want to know you for who you are, not the luchador, not the performer or the money you have, I want to know you for the man you are. I'm not a partner in the way Amber Warren way.

El Califa: That is all El Califa has wished for.

Trinity smiles and leans forward, kissing El Califa on the cheek, wrapping her arms around his neck, but in the process knocks over her glass of champagne right onto El Califa's shirt. He jumps back slightly as the alcohol sprays all over him. She gasps as she grabs a napkin, trying to dry his shirt off.

Trinity: I'm so sorry Califa, I didn't mean to spill all over you. Let me get it.

As she tries to wipe the shirt dry, Califa reaches and takes her hand, smiling towards her.

El Califa: It's ok Trinity, he has many other shirts.

The two look deep into each other's eyes, and soon their lips meet as Califa pulls her in close for a kiss. She wraps her arms around him and slides onto his lap, her hands sliding along his neck as he wraps his arms around her waist. Suddenly a waiter walks up, as the scene plays on.

Waiter: Ahem. Senor. Senorita.

Califa and Trinity both look up, realizing the show they're putting on, and begin laughing as Trinity meekly slips off Califa's lap and to her own seat. The flirting doesn't stop however, as she runs her foot up Califa's leg, almost causing him to jump.

Waiter: I do suggest waiting for after dinner for dessert. Now, may I take your order.

The two share knowing glances to one another as they proceed to order, the scene fading away into Califa's villa, more specifically his bedroom. Califa lies back with Trinity resting her head on his chest, clearly physically exhausted from recent...activities.

Trinity: I can hear your heartbeat.

El Califa: It holds the pride of a dragon inside of it.

Trinity smiles as she closes her eyes, sighing softly as Califa wraps his arm around her. The two lie silent for several moments, only the sound of the Culiacan night rushing past them outside the window.

Trinity: Your match at Kingdom Come....are you worried?

Trinity slowly sits up, the blanket cover her upper body as she braces herself with her arms behind her. She looks down at Califa who puts his arms behind his head as he stares up at her.

El Califa: There is no worry in El Califa. It is Constantine who has all the pressure on his shoulder.

Trinity: Yet that makes him more dangerous, doesn't it?

El Califa: Perhaps, but this is the most relaxed he has been in some time.

Trinity giggles as she slowly slides on top of Califa, pressing her hands down on his chest as she smiles wide at him.

Trinity: I think I know who's behind that.

She leans down and kisses along his neck, Califa placing his hands on her hips, and the camera moves up, as Trinity throws her hair back and the scene fades away. It returns to Califa walking along the streets of Culiacan at night, a black hoodie hanging onto his body, with the hood pulled up over his mask. He keeps his hands in his pockets as he walks by the run down houses, the struggling people, and the lack of lights or car traffic.

El Califa: At Kingdom Come, El Califa will watch as a fellow Latino Matt Tastic claims the top spot in WZCW. It is that pride in our heritage that will lead us both to victory at Kingdom Come. This is El Califa's first match on the biggest stage, and he refuses to disappoint his people.

Califa looks up towards the sky, the grey clouds concealing what light the moon would provide. He looks back and forth at the barrio, the memories of his own home in Houston flooding back to him as he runs his hands along the broken bricks

El Califa: What makes you Elite Constantine? Is it the name you and your cronies took that make it so? Yes you have held that Elite X Championship for six consecutive defenses, but you haven't faced the likes of El Califa Dragon! He has held the Tag Team Championships alongside Los Magnificos Dragones. He was one of the final people left in the Lethal Lottery, and at Kingdom Come, he's going to do the one thing he has yet to do, and that's hold a title on his own.

Califa continues walking, stopping in front of a homeless man. The man reaches his hand out, asking for money. Califa kneels down and places several pesos in his hand, speaking quietly to him before shaking his hand. He stands up and turns back around, to see a number of men standing in front of him, several with baseball bats. Califa shakes his head.

El Califa: This is what my city, my homeland has become. We are not known for it's natural beauty. Instead we're known for mass graves and kidnappings, cartels running off the proud citizens and breaking their spirits. We are Mexicans! Are we not proud of our Aztec ancestors? To know that the most wonderous culture in the world stood here on this very land, the proudest warriors that struck fear in every enemy! Now we are reduced to walking through the slums, carrying bats and terrorizing our own people!

Califa slams the back of his fist into the wall, the homeless man scurrying away in fear as the group of men stagger backwards a bit at the outburst. Califa lowers his head as he seethes in anger.

El Califa: Step away now. Go home and educate yourselves in what made us as a people great! You want money?

Califa steps forward and reaches into his wallet, throwing all the cash he has at them. The crowd scurries quickly, trying to gather up every bill they can. Califa watches on and simply shakes his head, walking away disgusted at the scene behind him.

El Califa: You see, it's not just Elite that wants money, it's the struggling people, those that wonder where their next meal is coming from. Pride means nothing when you are desperate to hold onto what defines you. For you Constantine, it's the Elite X Championship and your World Title chance. For El Califa's people, it's life. This is the type of environment El Califa has lived in. This is where he was molded and refined. He is defined by surviving, by becoming the best just to make life worthwhile. You were once a politician, a man who leeched from the people's hopes and dreams for your own gain. El Califa reaches out to the people, he wants to bring them back to their former glory!

He reaches the end of the street, a single highway racing by and the Pacific Ocean can be seen just barely past the edge of town. Califa raises his head up, as the clouds race on by, unveiling the full moon and illuminating the street underneath his feet. Califa balls his fists up at his side, his voice growing louder.

El Califa: My people struggle Constantine! They scratch and claw for everything they have, and yet they are defined by the corrupt, the murderers and killers that think they own Mexico. They own nothing but the dirty ink on paper that they revolve their life around. El Califa, I shall be the one that shows my people that we are above the crime and the corruption! Your mafia will realize the Wrath of this Dragon at Kingdom Come, and the Elite X Championship will be the symbol I carry over my shoulder, to lead the people around him to strive for greater goals. I am the Dragon that defends Mexico. I am the man that roars out for the greatness that we all deserve! The Aztecs shine their spirits down upon their chosen warrior, and my clan shall succeed once more.

Califa throws his right arm up into the air, his head remains lowered for several moments before he slowly lifts his head up, the moonlight reflecting off the ocean and across the blackness of his mask. The camera zooms in on his face, as Califa speaks softly, one final time.

El Califa: You carry your own aspirations, your own greed and desires. I carry my entire country on my back, and with me in my heart. The Dragon roars loudly at Kingdom Come, and he shall take flight once more as the Elite X Champion!

The scene fades away with El Califa watching the waves crashing gently onto shore.

Mia peers into the refrigerator, allowing the sudden rush of cold air to warm her sweaty head. She closes her eyes for a moment, the quiet cold only interrupted by the quiet electrical hum of the appliance. After a moment, she opens her eyes, picks up a tomato from the back of the fridge and closes the door. As she turns around, the protrusion of her pregnant stomach becomes immediately visible. She waddles across the room before setting the tomato down on a chopping board. She picks up a nearby knife and, after a moment's hesitation, begins chopping it.

From down the hall, a sudden creak comes from a distant door. After a second, the creak is followed by footsteps drawing near. Mia barely diverts her eyes from her task as the Elite X Champion, John Constantine, enters the room. Noticing her, he gives her a warm smile before heading off behind her, grabbing a flash filled with pink liquid and heading back to where he came from. No words are exchanged, let alone a kiss.

Mia: John?

The words escape her mouth before she has the chance to catch them. Her heart begins to beat out of her chest as a sudden lump appears in her throat. Her face turns a shade of scarlet as Constantine reappears with a mysterious look upon his face. He looks at her, waiting on her point.

Mia: I...

Mia stumbles around the point, her fear of the Elite X Champion clouding her judgement and holding her tongue.

Constantine: I don't have time for this, Mia.

Mia: And what do you have for, John? Because recently, the only thing you've talked about has been Kingdom Come and that infernal Elite X Championship.

Constantine moves further inside the kitchen as Mia slams her knife down onto the chopping board, tears beginning to flow freely from her eyes. She raises one hand to her face as if to shield herself from the inquisitive and agitated glare of the former politician. He continues to move across the floor until he finally reaches her, Putting one arm around her shoulders he pulls her towards him.

Mia: You've been so distant, John. I feel like I am doing this alone.

Constantine continues to hold his partner as tears continue to fall from her gentle cheeks. She inhales sharply between words as she continues on.

Mia: It's like... You don't care!

Constantine pushes Mia away from him somewhat, a stare of anger and resentment now burned into his features as he stares down at her. She matches his gaze for only a second before averting her eyes from the Champion.

Constantine: Don't care? How dare you!

Mia pulls away from him as he turns her back.

Mia: You're always in your study, you're never arou-

Constantine: You knew what this was, Mia. Don't pretend that I ever told you anything other than the truth when I stepped back into the ring. Don't, for a second, believe that you were not a part of the decision making team when we decided that it was for the best!

Constantine voice fills the vast kitchen as Mia continues to sob before him.

Mia: You did what you wanted, John. How could I even begin to stop you?!

Mia turns towards Constantine, her eyes filled with tears and her hands trembling with anger and fear. She grabs his hand in desperation, one last attempt to satiate his anger and bring them together once again.

Mia: I need you, John. I need you now more than ever. This baby is more weight than I can carry.

Constantine shakes his head in disgust, hos eyes closing as a solitary tear begins to form in the corners.

Constantine: You do this to me now, Mia? On the eve of the biggest match of my career?!

His voice rises.

Constantine: You do this to me now!?

Constantine pulls his hand from Mia's as a wild gasp flows from his pregnant girlfriend's mouth. She reaches for him for a second time as he turns away from her. Tears, once more, begin to flow from her eyes as Constantine moves across the floor of the kitchen, through the door and out of sight – the hurried impact of his feet on the luxury wooden floor serving as a reminder of her desperate measure.

Constantine slams the door shut behind him as he re-enters his study. The tear that formed in the corner of his eye is quickly wiped away as he moves across the warmly-decorated room. In the corner, a raging fire burns. Constantine reaches his desk before stopping for a moment, resting one hand on his forehead as he contemplates what just happened. For a moment, there is nothing but the sound of burning wood inside the room. Not even Mia's quiet sobbing can be heard from down the hall. Suddenly, Constantine uses one hand to brush everything from his desk in a fit of blind rage. With a beastly scream, he moves around the table and slumps into a luxurious leather chair beside the fire. Again, deafening silence.

Constantine: She does this now?

The former politician shakes his head in disbelief as he looks into the fire.

Constantine: Of all the times she could have said this, she has to do it now.

After a moment, Constantine pulls his phone from his pocket and moves across the room to sit his desk, stepping over the mess he made only seconds ago. With a restless sigh, he begins furiously pressing buttons until finally a ringing can be heard through the speaker-phone.

Voice: John? A late call...

Constantine lets out a sigh.

Constantine: It couldn't wait, Ty. It's Mia. She's... I don't know what she is.

Ty: Take your time, John. Get it off your chest. You have a lot to prepare for.

Constantine takes a sharp intake of breath before letting it out rapidly only a moment later.

Constantine: Did you ever feel as though fate had aligned itself to ensure that you could never accomplish what you really wanted to do? Lately, I've been thinking about my lot within WZCW, what people will think of me after I am done for here. Will they that I was a fierce competitor that, on his day, could go toe-to-toe with anyone in the world and beat them? Will they talk about my Elite X Championship reigns the same way they talk about Titus and Sam Smith? Will they say that I left a legacy?

From the other side of the phone, a voice begins to speak but is quickly cut off again as Constantine continues to purge himself of his thoughts.

Constantine: Or will they say the opposite? Will they say that I was a coward? That I ran away from fights that I knew I had no chance of winning. Will they say that my Elite X Championship run was nothing and that fate had smiled upon it more than talent? More importantly, Ty... Will they say that I loved the Elite X Championship so much because I knew deep down in my stomach, that I couldn't win the World Heavyweight Championship if I tried?

Ty: The Elite is your legacy, John.

Constantine: ...Quite.

The voice from the other side of the phone probes questioningly.

Ty: You don't sound sure.

Constantine: The funny thing about fate, Ty, is that it is completely outside of your control. And for a while now, fate has conspired to ensure that I am never mentioned in the same sentences as people like Everest and perhaps even you. Even The Elite's fate will be sealed eventually and unless I can do something meaningful, will it have been a success?

Ty: Perhaps. Success comes in many different forms, of course.

Constantine lets out another sigh as he picks up his phone in a rush of adrenaline.

Constantine: But will I have been successful, Ty? When people mention The Elite in the future, they will surely talk about a stable filled with some of the most impressive wrestling superstars the world has ever seen. They will talk about the group like something they have never seen before and, most likely, will never see again. But what will they say about us if we cannot complete our mission statement? We set out to purge WZCW of the untalented scum that had attached itself to the company like a leech, sucking the very life from it. We set out to seize control of WZCW for the greater good and my question to you is... Have we succeeded?

Again, Ty begins to talk but Constantine but is, once again, talked over.

Constantine: Is it our fate to continually chase success like Dick Dastardly, getting so close to winning but something always going wrong at the final moment? I have attempted to win the World Heavyweight Championship only once before, at the height of my Empire. But fate once again conspired to make sure that I was unsuccessful. I took Showtime David Cougar to the limits of his abilities that night and yet, I was still unable to put him away. Success, fame, and my legacy were finally within my grasp but cruelly snatched away at the last moment. The events that swiftly followed signalled the demise of my Empire and my only chance to claim what should rightfully be mine.

Ty: And now it is within your grasp.

Constantine pauses for a moment, considering his stable-mates inspirational words.

Ty: Within our grasp, John. Our attempts to win the World Heavyweight Championship and achieve our mission statement have proved fruitless but no longer. I face Mikey Stormrage at Kingdom Come to claim a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. And you, you are just one defence away from finishing the Elite X gauntlet and claiming a shot at the Championship for yourself. This is our moment, John. Our chance to claim our success and what's more, mold a legacy within WZCW that will never be surpassed. Not even fate can stand in our way any more, my friend.

Constantine lets out a chuckle as Ty finishes talking.

Constantine: Maybe. But Mia... She's changed. Or maybe I've changed. She says I've spent too much time away from her and they baby. She's concerned about doing things on her own, Ty. This is the work of fate again, endeavouring to undermine me and take away the only chance I have to claim my legacy. How can you complete an Elite X gauntlet and be the perfect father and partner all at once. Something has to be sacrificed...

Hearing the uncomfortable tone in his stable-mates voice, Ty is quick to reassure him again.

Ty: Mia is not due for another couple of months and by then we will have crafted our legacy, John. The Elite will be feared and we will have accomplished what we set out to do. After that, your real legacy of your child will be more important. Until then, endure this period. Nothing worth having comes easily. WZCW needs us, John.

Constantine pauses once again, sitting back down on his chair at his desk.

Constantine: Maybe you're right, Ty.

Suddenly, a crashing sound comes from outside of the door. Constantine jumps with a fright as the loud crash leaves a ringing in his ears.

Constantine: I've got to go!

The Elite X Champion terminates the call before hurriedly heading out of the door. Upon doing so, a startling sight stuns him into silence. On the floor, a passed out Mia waits for him; motionless.

A worried man, Constantine sits by the bedside of his stricken partner – his head in one hand and the other hand holding the his partners tightly. There is a beeping from some of the numerous machines around them but moreover, there is a distinctive deafening silence. Softly, a doctor enters the room as Constantine lifts his eyes to meet him.

Doctor: Thank you for being so patient, Mr Constantine. But I am afraid that I could not find anything in Mia's tests to indicate the cause of such an attack. Perhaps it is just as simple as you put it yourself – that she was stressed, tired and overwhelmed.

Constantine swallows hard as he puts his free hand on the stomach of his partner. He smiles for a moment before looking back towards the doctor; who is now flicking through his charts.

Doctor: Honestly, I'd say that you were both very lucky, John. The third trimester is a vitally important part of any pregnancy. It's here that fatigue and overall sickness become more of a burden to the patient and exhaustion is very common. The only advice I can give you, is to support Mia in everything she does. Pregnancy not only puts a strain on a body but also a relationship. Use this time to bring the two of you closer to each other. Otherwise, I'm afraid, this wont be the last I see of you.

Constantine considers the doctor's words as he softly nods his head in agreement. The doctor acknowledges his sentiment and gives a nod of his own before leaving. Constantine grabs Mia's hand once again before lowering his head onto them.

Mia: I didn't think you'd be here...

The soft voice shakes Constantine to his very core as he suddenly sits bolt upright and looks at Mia. There are tears in her eyes as she looks back but she does not avert her gaze.

Constantine: I'm so sorry. I'm not going anywhere, Mia. Not now and not ever. This is my home now, this is where my heart lies.

Mia lets out a pained laugh as she finally turns away from him, her burning emotional stare finally being lifted from Constantine like a tonne weight. Constantine grasps her hand tightly as she turns back towards him, still smiling.

Mia: No it isn't, it's never been, John. For as long as I've known you, you've talked about domination. Whether it was in an election or a wrestling ring, you always like to win. That's not going to change...

Constantine: I can change!

Mia: I don't want you to, John. I just want you to be there for me. I feel as though I've been going through this alone and I know that you have an important match at Kingdom Come. Hell, the reason I fell in love with you is because of your ambition. You saved me from the streets, remember? You gave me a home, warmth, love and a family. Everything I've ever wanted in this life, I have you to thank for it.

Constantine attempts to talk but Mia cuts him off,

Mia: And now it's my turn to do that for you. The only thing I have seen you want in so long is a World Heavyweight Championship. You were robbed of your attempt at politics and I don't want you to blame me for robbing you of this attempt. One more win is all you need. Secure the Elite X Championship against El Califa Dragon and move onto the World Heavyweight Championship. You have the chance to be the first man to ever run the Elite X gauntlet and put a marker down for everyone to follow. This is your chance, John.

The Elite X Champion silently smiles as Mia continues to speak, her words filling him with hope and joyous enthusiasm.

Mia: El Califa is a fierce warrior and a great competitor, he wont go down without a fight. But you have so much more to fight for than a title, John. You have a chance to bring your child into the world as the first man to run the gauntlet and move onto a World Heavyweight Championship shot. I want to be able to say to our child that Daddy is a Champion.

Constantine's eyes fill with tears as Mia rolls on.

Mia: I don't want you to change, John, it can't happen. I just want you to promise me that whatever you are chasing, when it is all said and done... That it was worth it. I want you to promise me that your family and your child will come first after that. Can you do that?

Constantine stops for a moment, his tears now steadily running down his cheeks. Slowly but warmly, he nods at Mia with a smile on his face.

Constantine: I can do that...

Mia exchanges a smile with him.

Mia: Then go make me proud, Daddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member