Kingdom Come VI: Chris K.O vs. Steven Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
5repXRb.png

"The Death-Defying Castaway versus The Imperial Aristocrat”

Chris K.O was recently unable to take down John Constantine in a match for the WZCW Elite X Championship but has a second chance to take down one third of The Elite when he comes up against former World Heavyweight Champion Steven Holmes. Holmes' form has been patchy of late with defeats against El Califa Dragon and Mikey Stormrage. Holmes will be looking to get his record back on track at the biggest event in the WZCW calendar.

This match promises to be a clash of styles and personalities with the added bonus having two of the most technically gifted men in professional wrestling. Can Chris K.O show why he is a born survivor as he faces off against one of the most dangerous men in WZCW?

RP deadline is Friday the 7th of November at 23:59.

The sound of plants being parted with sticks and leaves being crushed underneath by footsteps fill the scene. Falling rain coats it all. Chris K.O. ventures boldly into the thick of the jungle. Into the presence of the beast. His face is rough and dirty, his lips are dry and cracked, and his hair is unruly. Sweat and rain beads him like a million ticks covering his body. The camera zooms in on his sea-filled eyes.

Chris: Steven Holmes, you have my undivided attention.

Chris pushes deeper into the jungle as he performs a swimming motion with his hands through the heavy vegetation ahead of him.

Chris: There is nothing beyond this moment if I cannot get past the beast that beckons me now.

A large growl echos up ahead of Chris as he stops for a moment. He lets out a long exhaling breath before he puts a hand in front of him and moves forward again. This time at a faster pace.

Chris: This is your territory. This is your kingdom, but I have invaded your fortress. A place where you have called yourself champion and sat at the throne at one point in your lifespan is now in danger. Your status of elite is challenged. This isn’t the first time, though, is it?

We transition to a flashback of Chris and Steve kneeling in the raft as they peer over the edge and see the black panther on the shore.

Chris: It was some time ago at Apocalypse 2012, and you found yourself victorious in that moment. I was new to this place. I was new to your kingdom. You were hungry, and I wasn’t sure what I wanted at that point. I was empty in direction. I was young. I was confused. I was inexperienced, but by luck I found myself in your territory.

The yellow eyes of the panther peer off the shore to look out at the raft. Chris makes contact with his blue eyes, and their stare fuses into a mutual emerald hatred.

Chris: You humbled me and made me realize my spot on the card. My spot on the food chain… at that time.

Chris is now pushing through the jungle again as the rain continues to fall.

Chris: But, I have had some time to think since we last met.

We watch Chris from the front as he pushes deeper into the plants that try to deter him.

Chris: I’ve had a chance to grow. And I have grown...

Chris finally breaks into an opening. With fury in his veins, he observes the scene before him. Steve is bloodied and lifeless on the ground as the yellow-eyed fiend stands over him. The panther’s eyes are darted directly at Chris.

Chris: I have grown hungry myself.

Chris screams in anger as he rushes the panther, but the beast instantly pounces on him with unrivaled agility. Chris falls down on his back as he feels two clawed paws dig into his chest. He throws his forearm up as a saber-toothed beast comes lunging down at his face. Chris frantically holds him back by the neck as he groans in defiance. Saliva and the smell of fresh flesh and blood fume from the monster’s mouth.

The former EurAsian Champion begins slugging the side of the panther, but his assault draws the attention of the mouth of the beast. This small distraction allows Chris to gain leverage and shove the panther off of him with his forearm.

Chris quickly crawls away and finds a large idle rock for his effort. He picks it up with both hands, but suddenly lets out a blood-curdling scream as he feels a set of teeth sink into his left shoulder. Chris twists his body to fling the beast off of him. He keeps a hold on the rock as his shoulder bleeds profusely from a gaping wound.

The panther shows no mercy and fires back with an assault, but Chris is able to slam the rock forward with both hands and into the side of the panther’s face. The blow temporarily stuns the panther as it stumbles back a few feet while facing away from Chris. Chris drops the rock and jumps on top of the shaded foe.

He ropes his arms around the neck of the panther, but the beast reacts by biting down on the right forearm of Chris. Chris screams in pain, but interlocks his hands and pulls back on the head and neck of the panther. The makeshift Burning Crusade is locked-in as Chris pulls back fiercely as the panther sinks his back teeth deeper into the arm of Chris. A mixture of sweat, tears, and rain drain from Chris’ face as he roars in courage.

Finally-

*CRACK*

The jungle is soft and near-silent as rain falls. Chris doesn’t release the hold. He heard crack himself, but he refuses to believe he has won. He refuses to believe that the beast is finally slain. He grits his teeth and pulls back for several more seconds until he finally lets the absence of heated breath pressing on his punctured forearm sink in. Very slowly, Chris releases the hold. He has to use his other hand to unhinge his wounded arm from the teeth of the now deceased beast.

Chris pushes the panther away from him as he grips his right forearm in pain. Hid left shoulder continues bleeding in the process. He falls back in a lying position as he looks up at the grey sky that cries above. In that moment, Chris began to empathize with the sad sky. For some reason, thoughts of his mother’s abandonment, his father’s death, and his own screw-ups began to mount-up in his mind. For the first time in a while, Chris felt it appropriate to join the sky.

It started with a sob, but then turned into a weep. The WZCW superstar cried his eyes out as he curled in a puddle of water and blood. The bodies of the panther and his friend laid lifeless around him. Remorse overcame him in that moment. He had never felt so alone and responsible for so many things.

Chris just cried and cried until the audio of his tears slowly faded out.

Chris: I gained more than my hunger on that island. Since our last meeting Holmes, I also recovered my sense of humanity. Winning titles and beating marquee opponents are great things to accomplish, but it is my soul and the desire to honor those I love that gives my pursuit purpose.

I am not the confused knight you befuddled in your kingdom two years ago. I am a new man with a defined purpose.

We zoom out as Chris remains curled up in the opening of the jungle. Chris’ voice dubs over the shot.

Chris: You have my undivided attention, Steven Holmes. And you are going to wish you didn’t.

The scene goes black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back