• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZCW Discussion Thread

Okay guys, we are one match away from Unscripted. I'll be up to post the show when it comes in, so feel free to thank me with alcohol, drugs, or sexual favors.

Guys.....that was fucking awesome. The Blade \Triple X ending was sick. Titus\Showtime was everything I had hoped & more. Stormrage\Howard had me on the edge & the ending was great. Loved the damn show. You all get well deserved rep. Good job & thank you all for a great read.

Fallout, just so you know, I wrote the Daddy Mack segment. Though, I will note... It's the exact same one I wrote for MD 100, I think :lmao:

What a travesty of a main event. I get that you were pressed for time, but really? I feel like that was very disrespectful to the participants in that match.

I'm also unhappy with the tag team title match too. It was extremely poorly written and acted out like a glorified squash match.

I get that people on creative clearly don't like the Demon Foreigners, and I have no problem losing to LMD, because they are genuinely great rp'ers. But is it so difficult to at least make us look a little threatening? To give us a bit of credibility?

Show was a bit all over the place, because the EurAsian Title match was a fantastic read and a great send-off for that feud, but as JGlass said the World Title match was not good.

I get that people on creative clearly don't like the Demon Foreigners, and I have no problem losing to LMD, because they are genuinely great rp'ers. But is it so difficult to at least make us look a little threatening? To give us a bit of credibility?

I know I'm not on Creative or anything, but I don't think that Creative dislike the Demon Foreigners at all. I think it's more a thing that LMD are so impressive that they're very hard to overlook. You and Matty are both good RP'ers as I've said multiple times before, and Creative know that as well (why else would you be getting the tag title shots if Cerberus had spawned at that time?).

I think those two matches are the worse offenders in terms of length. Titus vs Showtime could have been a smidgen longer, but the post-match stuff made up for it. Other than that, I had no real qualms with the show, but I might find some when I look in-depth.

I still think a fatal fourway ladder match with all four tag teams would have been much better. I have to agree with Klinz that LMD matches with anybody who is not already "established" tends to lead into squash matches and that needs to stop. Hopefully this changes if the tag titles can be properly built into an actual feud or storyline.

I still think a fatal fourway ladder match with all four tag teams would have been much better. I have to agree with Klinz that LMD matches with anybody who is not already "established" tends to lead into squash matches and that needs to stop. Hopefully this changes if the tag titles can be properly built into an actual feud or storyline.

^This.

When JAM and I were going over what to do for our RP's for Unscripted, we both said we had literally nothing to roll with in regards to The Demon Foreigners other than Cuba trying to take Califa's mask. So instead we remained focused on the personal storylines we have going, and dedicated a minute amount of time towards our opponents because what were we supposed to say really?

Main event match was disappointing as well. Sorry to say it guys.

I think those two matches are the worse offenders in terms of length.

I know, for a fact, that my matches were far shorter than either one, and one included you ;)

I think Numbers said what I would, in that creative would love reviews of the show. I know I'm not opposed to feedback; I tried to actually implement more psychology in my matches but felt I sucked on length. But again, reviews never hurt for us.

I know I'm not on Creative or anything, but I don't think that Creative dislike the Demon Foreigners at all. I think it's more a thing that LMD are so impressive that they're very hard to overlook. You and Matty are both good RP'ers as I've said multiple times before, and Creative know that as well (why else would you be getting the tag title shots if Cerberus had spawned at that time?).

I'm not saying all of creative hates us but we've been buried two or three times on the podcast by various people, which really pisses me off. Because those same people never offer any feedback or in anyway try to help us improve, and it's frustrating and disappointing.

Also I've PM'd members of creative this cycle on various things, like pitching angles and trying to save this bare-bones LMD v DF feud, and never hear anything back.

There's just this pent up frustration really, because I enjoy it here and enjoy writing, but I personally feel in terms of booking and feedback, we've been treated really poorly.

I didn't even really want to face LMD again one-on-one as it really made no sense. We'd already lost to them in tag and singles matches, and then lost to Cerberus the previous Ascension. In no logical sense where we deserving of being number one contenders.

On top of that we attacked LMD one week, then nothing is mentioned of it again, and the explanation of why we're #1 contenders is put in an app segment.

Until I PM'd Haiku, a few days before the Unscripted boards went up, I was actually under the impression it was a fatal four-way.

I know, for a fact, that my matches were far shorter than either one, and one included you ;)

I think Numbers said what I would, in that creative would love reviews of the show. I know I'm not opposed to feedback; I tried to actually implement more psychology in my matches but felt I sucked on length. But again, reviews never hurt for us.

Aye, but your matches were a bonus match and a rematch from this cycle so it was a little bit more understandable in your case. The other matches, especially the Cell had had a lot more build and a lot more expectations to live up to.

From what you wrote, it was solid stuff though. And of course, there's Daddy Mack.

Aye, but your matches were a bonus match and a rematch from this cycle so it was a little bit more understandable in your case. The other matches, especially the Cell had had a lot more build and a lot more expectations to live up to.

From what you wrote, it was solid stuff though. And of course, there's Daddy Mack.

Eh, but I know I could always do better.

What I will say is this... I was the one that pushed the four way. I can tell you, from creative's standpoint, we were worried we would blow our collective wad, by having that match. We wanted to give the teams all a chance to build. So while I understand the criticism (far more than you all know...) I do feel that we had a reason to do it.

I didn't have the tag match, so I won't comment on it. But I will make it known; creative doesn't like to bury people. I try and make people look as good as possible, and I know that's the job of creative. And if we fail, then I take the responsibility and blame.

Since a few people are doing Unscripted reviews, I might try something different and possibly offensive by creating a review on how creative are writing their shows and distinguishing the good, the bad and the ugly (using Unscripted as my primary example).

I have also got a few things in my mind regarding Unscripted, including some things that have recently popped into my head that could have been mentioned earlier (such as allowing us to pick LMD's opponent).

If you didn't want to blow the load then why have LMD squash 2/3 of the competition in one cycle? I pitched the idea for the fatal fourway before the cycle started, it could have happened.

I'm not saying all of creative hates us but we've been buried two or three times on the podcast by various people, which really pisses me off. Because those same people never offer any feedback or in anyway try to help us improve, and it's frustrating and disappointing.

Also I've PM'd members of creative this cycle on various things, like pitching angles and trying to save this bare-bones LMD v DF feud, and never hear anything back.

There's just this pent up frustration really, because I enjoy it here and enjoy writing, but I personally feel in terms of booking and feedback, we've been treated really poorly.

I know the last podcast was all kinds of fucked up, but I think I voiced my opinion on you guys. I reckon as solo RP'ers you'd be considerable threats in the Elite X Title scene, but as a team, your synergy still needs some improving. Don't get me wrong, it's much better than it originally was, but using a website like Piratepad could do wonders for you guys, and all tag teams in general. Skype is also good for communicating with your partner.

I can't speak for those members that you PM'ed, but they get PM's from a good majority of the fed about stuff, and it's very easy to get lost in the shuffle. A good idea is to speak with the person you're feuding with before pitching stuff to Creative; it worked wonders with me and Daggershield.

It's easy to get that impression sometimes, but it's most likely because you're still rather green in the fed and finding your feet at the moment. Every newcomer has to. Hell, Daggershield didn't win a single match until straight after the Redemption cycle and I believe he was undefeated KFAD aside until I finally beat him. You've just got to find your niche and I believe you're certainly on the right path.

My advice for the team going forward is to make good use of the Random RP thread and post some short RP's there. Have them go out and do something, have them interviewed by Leon, have them talk about issues, do something more with the characters and people will take notice. Put a fair amount of effort into it also but don't make it too long or hard to read, as this isn't to win a match, this is to win readers over. You guys have an advantage also as you can post in the thread twice as a tag team. If you make sure to remind me, I'll be willing to give those Random RP's some feedback.

I am a man of my word, I will be reviewing the PPV. I've skimmed over the match results, but am saving the full read so I can review it one thing at a time. Should be up tonight or tomorrow, I'll try to get it done tonight.

Fallout's right. I lost everything for my first PPV cycle going into Redemption. Then I won everything (other than KFAD itself but my win at the preshow got me into the match) up until my match with Fallout. I'll take 2nd place in the Unscripted preshow, not bad and could certainly be worse. And, no, you will face someone else since I will be dethroning Eve Taylor. ;) Seriously though, you guys just need to find what works for you. I agree though that the Demon Foreigners might be better as singles competitors.

I'd congratulate Eve's handler on his/her title shot, but I legitimately still have no clue as to who it could be. My guess is Doc although I am probably wrong. Good luck, whoever you are.

I know the last podcast was all kinds of fucked up, but I think I voiced my opinion on you guys. I reckon as solo RP'ers you'd be considerable threats in the Elite X Title scene, but as a team, your synergy still needs some improving. Don't get me wrong, it's much better than it originally was, but using a website like Piratepad could do wonders for you guys, and all tag teams in general. Skype is also good for communicating with your partner.

I can't speak for those members that you PM'ed, but they get PM's from a good majority of the fed about stuff, and it's very easy to get lost in the shuffle. A good idea is to speak with the person you're feuding with before pitching stuff to Creative; it worked wonders with me and Daggershield.

It's easy to get that impression sometimes, but it's most likely because you're still rather green in the fed and finding your feet at the moment. Every newcomer has to. Hell, Daggershield didn't win a single match until straight after the Redemption cycle and I believe he was undefeated KFAD aside until I finally beat him. You've just got to find your niche and I believe you're certainly on the right path.

My advice for the team going forward is to make good use of the Random RP thread and post some short RP's there. Have them go out and do something, have them interviewed by Leon, have them talk about issues, do something more with the characters and people will take notice. Put a fair amount of effort into it also but don't make it too long or hard to read, as this isn't to win a match, this is to win readers over. You guys have an advantage also as you can post in the thread twice as a tag team. If you make sure to remind me, I'll be willing to give those Random RP's some feedback.

Yeah it wasn't really aimed at you, Fallout, because i've seen you give advice and a little feedback here and there. I appreciate what you said though, thanks.

I was actually thinking about throwing up a thread a few days ago asking if people thought the Demon Foreigners should split and go singles. I like tagging with Matty and don't want to put the division down another team just as it's starting to get built up again, but when a few people are saying you should go singles, it might be time to have that discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back