WZCW Discussion Thread

That sounds like it'd be a really fun match. I never have luck seeing good matches at WWE shows but I saw JT Dunn vs Keith Lee at NEW earlier this year and it was fantastic. I had heard a lot about both but never seen them before hand, I left as a big fan of both.

The only old guys I see at shows often are Lawler and Sgt. Slaughter, Slaughter is at the point of just doing the bare minimum (hot tag, some punches, cobra clutch) but I'm surprised he even wrestles still. I always get annoyed because Lawler wins ALL THE TIME over these local guys. I believe the only people to beat him at this company are Cody Rhodes (who's the champ there) and this guy Brian Anthony who's probably their biggest star out of the local guys and he had to cheat to beat him. But I jumped up cheering when he did because I totally didn't expect it and I can't stand Lawler, and Anthony is a favorite of mine there.

I like Lawler, but I live in that area where he was a huge deal in his prime, so he is a legit legend even for people who aren't wrestling fans. Like my girlfriend's mom knows who he is and she doesn't even watch wrestling. Knows all about the piledriver too.

I do understand where you are coming from though. Like I get that the older guys have name value, but have them do a meet and greet or be commissioner or enforcer for a match. That way they can be involved, don't have to take bumps, and can still hit their move when the time is right. I saw Nash to that once. He was the enforcer for a match between The Wolves and a local heel team and when the heels tried to cheat he got in and hit the jackknife on them both then allowed Eddie and Davey to hit their finish for the win. Like a couple weeks ago, there was a big show with Jarrett, EC3, MVP, James Storm and Al Snow and they had Road Warrior Animal do a meet and greet and the guy in front of me asked if he was going to be wrestling and he said, "Hell no, I'm almost 60, I don't need to get back in the ring."

Best wrestling live show I've been to was -WWF The Big Event- in Toronto way back in the day. Main Event featuring Hulk Hogan vs Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf for the title. It's on VHS now.

I saw MLP: The Movie at the theatre today. It was really good, the story was fun (though maybe a little rushed in some places); the songs were fantastic and overall there was just a good vibe to it that made me glad to watch it. (Also; you owe it to yourself to see the animation, it's really good in some places)

I definitely recommend this to anyone who's a brony or at least interested.

This round Justin Cooper will join Matt Tastic and Joseph Rios in a tie (12 rounds) for the fourth longest World Championship reign in WZCW history.

That's four times longer than Constantine's reign as World Champion.

Lee might appreciate this one.

I was playing some FIFA while waiting on my dad to help with some stuff in our new place earlier and my team had a pre season friendly against Sunderland. John O’Shea hit an absolute beauty of a goal from outside the box, keeper wasn’t ready and neither was I. I gave him room to shoot and I paid the price. Anyway, The announcers start talking about how Sunderland is a poor and depressing place to live and how the team hasn’t given the fans much to cheer for but that goal may be a bright spot.

Even Martin Tyler can’t help but shit on them. Their bright spot is a lone goal in a 3-1 friendly loss to Everton.

Lee might appreciate this one.

I was playing some FIFA while waiting on my dad to help with some stuff in our new place earlier and my team had a pre season friendly against Sunderland. John O’Shea hit an absolute beauty of a goal from outside the box, keeper wasn’t ready and neither was I. I gave him room to shoot and I paid the price. Anyway, The announcers start talking about how Sunderland is a poor and depressing place to live and how the team hasn’t given the fans much to cheer for but that goal may be a bright spot.

Even Martin Tyler can’t help but shit on them. Their bright spot is a lone goal in a 3-1 friendly loss to Everton.

<3 Absolutely amazing!

Oh and today is Stevie Richards’ birthday.

Damn rights it is.

I know. I won't be surprised if Lee wins.

I'm still not sure how he won with a choose your own adventure story.

There's a difference between a bit of confidence and being a dick about my previous EurAsian title match.

I don't want to rile anyone up, but I always appreciated when guys took a risk in an RP. Lee's last title defence may have no been his strongest RP, but he took a shot at something different and I think you have to respect that.

Milenko is getting better with Tony nearly each week and I thought his RP that he sent in was better than what he originally sent me, but I've always thought that beating Lee, champion or not, is always a tall task. You don't get to have the accolades he has without being good...you know unless Joseph Rios is your name.

I think the Gold Rush RP this year and the Unscripted RP last year are the two matches where Lee was at his weakest if you examine the entire reign. Been amazing throughout but those two matches are the ones where I look at and think that a huge opportunity was missed on the part of the challengers.

Wren I knew was a gamble and it paid off. As was Vee last year. SHIT and one other match aside I've genuinely thought this is it when my RP has gone in. My opponents up their game and so do I. I take gambles but also rely on a formula. I've been lucky with some (Flex) but I would not say I've had an undeserved victory in this reign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back