WZCW Discussion Thread

Well shit, I lost a match I think I should have won... Better write a show review

GYuVgem.gif

Reading your comment and going back to read the RPs made me realize that I am name-dropped at the end of Pancake's RP. Wat?

So....

If the Elite X Gauntlet rule is truly being done away with.... Any chance of the Mayhem Championship returning?

Probably not. Falkon hates the Mayhem Title and the roster size is too small to justify a reincarnation of a fifth belt.

I might be one of the few people who didn't hate the Elite X Title rule, but yeah like the frog said the roster is too small for the Mayhem Title.

Reading your comment and going back to read the RPs made me realize that I am name-dropped at the end of Pancake's RP. Wat?

Ha, I thought you might be able to shed some light on that.

Probably not. Falkon hates the Mayhem Title and the roster size is too small to justify a reincarnation of a fifth belt.

FalKon can kiss my black ass. We do what I say.....

I might be one of the few people who didn't hate the Elite X Title rule, but yeah like the frog said the roster is too small for the Mayhem Title.

Ha, I thought you might be able to shed some light on that.

.....but yeah, the Mayhem title isn't really needed due to our roster size. We have some newer guys, but most of them have shown enough promise and initiative to garner some early programs.

'Tis a story that harkens back to Lethal Lottery 2013.

Anyway, does anyone remember Bad Luck Ricky? I wrote the opener to Lethal Lottery 2013 with Ricky Runn being stopped by a security guard for a random bag search, and the agent mistook a bottle of lube in his bag as poison gel, causing him to get a cavity search. Originally it was written that the guy thought he found a bomb in his bag, but a couple days before the show there was a bombing somewhere in Europe, so Kermit was worried we might offend sensitivities, so we said change it to poison gel. To this day I have no clue what poison gel is, but I'll be damned it if isn't a constant source of Pancake and my sophomoric humor.........Not that Pancake or Ricky Runn are El Swago.

A man carrying a duffel bag, walking very slow and stiffly and constantly touching his rear end, can be seen walking to the back entrance to the Allstate Arena. Before he walks through the door, he is stopped my arena security.

???: You've got to be kidding! Again!

Security: Sir, are you Richard Jackson Jr. also known as Ricky Runn?

Runn: Yes, I'm Ricky Runn, now if you will excuse me I'd really like to get inside and sit down.

Security: We're sorry sir, but you have been placed on a suspicious persons list and I'm required to search your bag before I allow you inside.

Ricky rolls his eyes, but he hands his bag over. The guard begins to search, throwing clothes and various sundries to the ground, before he pulls out a small round pillow with a hole in the center.

Security: What is this, some sort of weapon silencer?

Runn: It's a donut. It's to sit down on because I have a sore...You know what, never mind! Can I go in now?

Security: As soon as I finish going through your bag sir.

The guard continues to rummage through the bag, throwing a box of tissues and a bottle of lotion to the ground, before pulling out a tube of unknown liquid and a pair of latex gloves.

Security: I knew it! Looks like we got some poisonous gel right here!

Ricky shakes his head before he tries to snatch the bottle, to no avail.

Runn: It isn't poisonous gel, it's just a bottle of lube. I had a, well lets just say I had incident at the airport.

Security: I'm gonna have to call this in regardless.

Runn: You know what forget it, I'm, out of here.

Ricky goes to grab the lubricant, but the security guard keeps a tight grip. The two struggle, trying to wrestle control of the lube, when finally the bottle goes flying through the air, landing some feet away. Another wrestler who was arriving for the show, doesn't see the tube and slips on it, his head bouncing off the concrete. The guard runs over, while Ricky slowly follows in a bowlegged saunter.

Security: Are you okay sir?

The man mumbles incoherently as Ricky walks up.

Runn: I know who that is. That's The Local Talent!

The Talent tries to sit up, but falls back to the ground and passes out.

Security: That's it punk. The Talent is a hero to underachievers everywhere, and you stopped him from making his return. I'm taking your ass downtown for assault. Better get that donut, cause where you are going, you are gonna need it.

The security guard places handcuffs on Ricky and calls in backup.

Ricky: Oh hamburgers.

'Tis a story that harkens back to Lethal Lottery 2013.

Ah, I was thinking of the fed TSA. :lmao:

-------------

I think the Elite X title rule was awful in terms of having to book around it. A title defense every round made it hard for Creative (or so it seemed) to put together any decent story structure around it. The gimmick of the title carried the one that wore it.

That being said, I am really, really, surprised that Constantine is keeping the belt. He has clearly ascended past it with the running of the gauntlet and acquisition of a world title shot. Not only that, but he will have to drop it regardless when he goes into his program for the WHC. Could Mikey vs. Constantine not have been done with out the belt?

An opportunity was missed to let the belt sink down a little bit to its typical tier. Try as you might, the general perceived pecking order of title tiers looks like this based off of history:

1. World Title
  2. EurAsian Title
  3. Elite X / Tag Titles

The gauntlet temporarily raised the Elite X title's value, but now I think Constantine and Mikey are both above the belt at this point. Constantine dropping the belt after running the gauntlet would have been a good way to send it back to the lower/mid-tier division to give those competitors something to strive for.

I'm just saying that I hope guys like Ohzora, Theron, ElegAnt, and others have something nice lined up for Redemption otherwise it would be a shame to see them shoved into a makeshift program when they could be competitively going after the Elite X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back