Not open for further replies.
Wrestlers Name: Vengeance
Wrestlers Nickname:
Height: 6'6
Weight: 275lbs
Hometown: Oslo Norway
Billed From: The Master's Presence

Appearance:
-----------Hair color/length: Peroxide blonde, almost white shoulder length hair
-----------Eye color: Blue
-----------Facial Hair: long, thick goatee, with a line of beard connecting the goatee to sideburns
-----------Ring Attire: Comes to the ring in a long black hooded cloak with hood up. In the ring, he wears white sleeveless priest garb and collar with the barbwire crown in the centre. White tights with white knee pads, with the crown on, and white boots. On his hands, he wears white fingerless gauntlets
-----------Backstage Attire: Black hooded cloak with a white barbed wire crown in the centre of the back of the outfit.
-----------Physical Features:
-----------Tattoos: Barbed wire crown around right arm
Gimmick: Vengeance’s gimmick is that of a mysterious zealot. He sees himself as being under the will of a mysterious identity referred to as Master and it is his sole duty to rid WZCW of those who oppose the will of his master by any means necessary. Despite this, he looks upon himself as purifying WZCW by eliminating those who are viewed as being unworthy to be there because of their actions. It is unclear whether the Master he obeys is mortal or a divine influence
Strengths: Powerful but calculating, he targets the upper body and rarely rushes in to attack
Despite his size, Vengeance is very quick, and uses his speed for many of his moves
Enjoys inflicting pain on opposition.
Weakness: Will carry out the Master’s wish, no matter what the consequences to himself.
While strong, moves which take out his legs leave his offence weakened due to knee injury in the past
Reluctant to execute high risk moves, making him uncomfortable on turnbuckles, ladders etc

Alignment: Heel
Trained By: Dave Finlay
Sample Pic of Wrestler:
mordecai.jpg

Brief History: not much is known about this athlete. It is clear from his style of fighting that he is well versed in kickboxing and learnt the art of power wrestling from Dave Finlay while in Europe. His blonde hair and blue eyes, as well as his powerful build and brutality belay his Viking ancestry. Appears to have been indoctrinated by a religious institution, he has followed his Master’s instructions to arrive in WZCW to rid it of the ‘Abominations’ which reside in it.

Title History: A relative newcomer to the business, his goal has been his Master’s will, not blind pursuit of gold. When the time is right, nothing shall stop his path to gold.

Entrance Music: O Fortuna by Orff
Entrance description: a slow paced, ominous walk down to the ring, wearing hooded cloak, arms linked in front (similar to a monk). Enters the ring by sliding under the bottom rope. Stands facing turnbuckle and pulls back the hood, raising his head toward the sky, as though looking for divine inspiration. Removes his cloak and drapes it over a ringpost.

Finishers:
Judge, Jury and Executioner - Brainbuster DDT
Trial and Retribution - Kitchen sink followed by a running knee to the side of the head.

15 Most used moves:
Big boot
Inverted DDT
Sitout spinebuster
Roundhouse kick
Shoulderbreaker
Backbreaker Drop
Torture Rack
Triangle Choke
Snake Eyes
Running kick to a seated opponent
Powerslam
Leg Lariat
Northern Lights suplex
Russian Leg Sweep
Throwing opponent shoulder first into ring post.
Sample RP:
The camera opens with a close up of a candle in a dark room. Zooming out, a white marble altar comes into view. Through the haze of the candles, a dark, cloaked figure can be seen kneeling before the alter, his face down.
When he speaks, his deep voice resonates around the stone room.

‘Master…I have come to this place because of your will. The very thought of the abominations which roam the locker rooms of this accursed place galls me as it does you. I will take great delight in ensuring those who you view as unworthy atone for their wrongdoing. Those who commit iniquity, I will chasten with a rod of iron, and with pain. They will hate me because of the swift retribution that will reign down on them, their dark eyes blind to the fact that it is for the GREATER...GOOD!
You have sent me among the midst of the abomination…those who take delight in cheating, immorality, even the Dark Arts themselves. However, I will purge their wrongdoings by fire, as a hot coal, searing into their sacrilegious souls and making them fit to come into your presence and serve you, aiding you in the advancement of your kingdom among men.
Master, I will ask that you show mercy on their souls, because I shall give their body no mercy. You have given me all power over them, power to be Judge, Jury and Executioner.
Forgive me my trespasses, oh Master, as I avenge those who do wrong against thee. Deliver me from their evil, for yours is the kingdom, all power, and glory.’
Vengeance stands, the bottom of his face visible in the light of the candle. He lifts it, the camera focused on his face, after a moment of ominous silence, he blows out the candle, and whispers in the darkness…
‘SOON’

Whoo pump your breaks there little man (Ricky)

Now I agree that he is in, but everything is a group decision junior.

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you just did

Here is my application:

Wrestlers Name: Apotheosis
Wrestlers Nickname: n/a
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 240
Hometown: Indianapolis, IN
Billed From: Seattle, WA
Appearance: Apotheosis is rather grungy looking. Slightly pale. Shoulder length, messy dark brown hair with some blonde streaks. A scar going down the right side of his face (think John Locke from LOST). Has quite a few tattoos, mostly religious and mythological in nature. Overall, just kind of looks like a hybrid of a gothic person and a grungy person.
-----------Hair color/length: Shoulder length, messy, dark brown with some blonde streaks.
-----------Eye color: Green
-----------Facial Hair: Dirty stubble with a chin goatee.
-----------Ring Attire: Apotheosis wears torn up black jean shorts, different band t-shirts i.e. Nirvana, The Doors, etc. Black low-top boots with dark red- dark green striped socks. He comes to the ring wearing a Vietnamese silk jacket that is red and black with a dragon on the front and back.
-----------Backstage Attire: Same as his ring attire, but has blue jeans on instead and a duster over everything.
-----------Physical Features: A scar on the right side of his face (similar to John Locke from LOST). Slightly pale, not the most built person, but is in a healthy and it shape.
-----------Tattoos: Five as of now, a Celtic cross on right shoulder, an ankh on left wrist, a Cerberus on his back, a meditating Buddha on his right forearm, and the word VERITAS, Latin for truth, encircling his heart.
Gimmick: A journeyman on the constant search for truth throughout the world. Has undergone significant apotheosis, or change throughout his life. Has now decided to come to WZCW to proclaim a message of change and truth for anyone who would listen and follow. He is a man of great discipline due to several spiritual experiences in life and now practices meditation, fasting, and deep prayer.
Strength/Weakness:
Strengths:
1. Great mic skills due to an extensive vocabulary.
2. Technical and ground expertise.
3. High tolerance of pain due to his studies of pain and how it works.
Weaknesses:
1. Can be reclusive at times.
2. Doesn’t really have any goals in life
3. Sometimes gets too emotionally involved with people.
Alignment: A heel because the majority of people are not receptive to his message
Trained By: ROH Wrestling School
Sample Pic of Wrestler:
Shannon1651.jpg

Brief History: Born and raised in Indianapolis, IN. Left home at the age of 17 to travel the world and search for truth. After three years of his search, he came back to the states and decided to become a pro wrestler and explore the mythology housed within it. Has now been in the business for three years on the indy scene, but is ready to step up to the big leagues.
Title History: None
Entrance Music: “Scentless Apprentice” by Nirvana
Entrance description: Music starts playing and Apotheosis comes out looking down at the floor, seemingly depressed, but he is actually focused and thinking over the truths he has discovered and his upcoming match. In his hand, he carries Joseph Campbell’s “The Hero with a Thousand Faces.” This will change when he finishes it. He slides into the ring, takes off his jacket, plops down in the corner, and opens and starts reading the book waiting for his opponent.
Finishers:
1. The Hero’s Journey (Vertebreaker)
2. The Call to Adventure (Anaconda Vice)
15 Most used moves:
Snap DDT
Hangman’s Neckbreaker
Double-Underhook Backbreaker
Gargoyle Suplex
Half Nelson Bulldog
Sitout Jawbreaker
Russian Leg Sweep
Drop Toe Hold
Diving Knee Drop Bulldog (Calf Branding)
Spinning Heel Kick
Flying Clothesline
Stinger Splash
Northern Lights Suplex
Side Effect
Rolling Fireman’s Carry Slam
Sample RP: Paul Heyman: Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing here with someone that just may change how the world views the business of professional wrestling. To everyone else, he may look like some bum off the streets, but I assure that he is not. Let me introduce the world to the newest acquisition of WZCW, Apotheosis. Apotheosis, would you be so kind as to inform us of who you are and why you are here in WZCW?
Apotheosis: It would be my pleasure Paul. As Paul has stated, I am called Apotheosis. Not many of you are familiar with the term, so I shall enlighten you. Joseph Campbell, a great mythologist came up with something called the Hero’s Journey. Every person has been on this journey, whether they are only now receiving the call to adventure, have entered the belly of the beast, or perhaps slain he villain and are returning to bestow their boon on the townspeople. On this journey, the hero undergoes apotheosis, change, a transformation. They are no longer who they were when they left, they are something new. As the Christian Bible states, “The old has gone, the new has come.” That is who I am, I am change, I am transformation, I am Apotheosis. Why am I here? That’s a strange question, why? Why do we anything, Paul? I believe that everything happens for a purpose, predestination if you will. And so I am here for a purpose. My purpose is to proclaim Veritas or truth and apotheosis or change. I have traveled and studied the world from the tribes of South America to Hindus in India and to Muslims in Iraq. The one thing that I constantly experience is how so many religions and mythologies are so similar and so intertwined. I see that everything in the world is truth. And so I have to share those truths with the WZCW stars and its fans. For you shall know truth and truth shall transform you.

I think one of the wvc allredy uses mat hard as a charicter. Change that and i think you might be in, looked like a ok rp and everything else looked fine to me. I'm not the decision maker round here tho.

Off hand I dont believe that anyone has Moore. So that should be fine. If I happen to remember that someone has him then I will let you know and help you pick someone else. But I dont think he is taken.

Ok. Kenny uses frickin Shannon Moore. So, Brummett, you gotta get a new guy...BLAH. Sorry dude.

Don't use:

-Y2J
-J hardy
-M hardy
-Raven
-Shannon Moore
-Morrison
-Edge
-Foley
-The Rock
-Any Middle Eastern guy (I don't know who they all are, DJ uses like 30 of them)
-Lance Storm
-Triple H
-Curt Henning
-Vampiro
-Probably others

I think that means Punk is available. Also, JBL is still available. Get him while he's still up for grabs! :p

Ok. Kenny uses frickin Shannon Moore. So, Brummett, you gotta get a new guy...BLAH. Sorry dude.

Don't use:

-Y2J
-J hardy
-M hardy
-Raven
-Shannon Moore
-Morrison
-Edge
-Foley
-The Rock
-Any Middle Eastern guy (I don't know who they all are, DJ uses like 30 of them)
-Lance Storm
-Triple H
-Curt Henning
-Vampiro
-Probably others

I think that means Punk is available. Also, JBL is still available. Get him while he's still up for grabs! :p

Brent Albright, Daivari, or matt striker!

lol ill figure out who the masked men are later lol

Alright, so this picture thing is irritating. Before I do any editing, let me make sure of this. Is Paul Burchill taken (not the pirate, but debut and current look)? If he is not, I am laying claim to him. However, I will need to go in and make some changes to my app to make it fit better. I should be able to do that later today at work.

If dibs can be called in this thread, I'd like to use an Orton image(saying if he isn't taken). If I can't and it's taken, I'll find some cool random guy picture like number of the other shmoes. I'm working on my application right now, I'll be finished soon or later... likely later. Heh... what a lazyfuck I be.:)

First come first serve. No dibs, just apps. straight edge is different because his app was in, but he had to change images because the avatars he chose were already taken.

Alright, so this picture thing is irritating. Before I do any editing, let me make sure of this. Is Paul Burchill taken (not the pirate, but debut and current look)? If he is not, I am laying claim to him. However, I will need to go in and make some changes to my app to make it fit better. I should be able to do that later today at work.

To the best of my knowledge, Paul Burchill has not been taken. So you can use him.

As a reward, and because I love Paul Burchill, you're getting a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. :p :lmao: (kidding slightly, but I'll be pushing for you as a Burchill-isque character)

I am just resubmitting this with some slight changes and my new pic. If the mods want to delete the old one, that would be cool please. Let's pray this one woks out.
Here it goes:

Wrestlers Name: Apotheosis
Wrestlers Nickname: n/a
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 260
Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana
Billed From: Boston, Massachusetts
Appearance: Apotheosis is rather serious looking, as if he is ready for a war or a journey. Despite being young, he looks older and weary as his travels have aged him. He is slightly pale with shoulder length, messy dark brown hair with some blonde streaks. He has a scar going down the right side of his face (think John Locke from LOST). He has a few tattoos, mostly religious and mythological in nature. Overall, he looks like a journeyman who knows his way around life, truth, and the ways of the world.
-----------Hair color/length: Shoulder length, messy, dark brown with some blonde streaks.
-----------Eye color: Green
-----------Facial Hair: Thin beard.
-----------Ring Attire: Apotheosis wears black, gray, and red wrestling tights with different religious symbols running down the sides i.e. crosses, Celtic knots, welsh dragons, ankhs, etc. He has black and gray boots. He wears black elbowpads, gray wristbands, and a black glove on his right hand. He comes to the ring wearing a Vietnamese silk jacket that is red and black with a dragon on the front and back.
-----------Backstage Attire: Blue jeans, Vietnamese jacket, and a black leather duster.
-----------Physical Features: A scar on the right side of his face (similar to John Locke from LOST). Slightly pale, not the most built person, but is in a healthy and fit shape.
-----------Tattoos: Five as of now, a Celtic cross on right shoulder, an ankh on left wrist, a Cerberus on his back, a meditating Buddha on his right forearm, and the word VERITAS, Latin for truth, encircling his heart.
Gimmick: A journeyman on the constant search for truth throughout the world. Has undergone significant apotheosis, or change throughout his life. Has now decided to come to WZCW to proclaim a message of change and truth for anyone who would listen and follow. He is a man of great discipline due to several spiritual experiences in life and now practices meditation, fasting, and deep prayer. Despite his spiritual nature and want for change and truth, he enjoys inflicting pain upon others. He does have a reason for this, if others will not their need for truth or change in their lives on their own accord, he figures the best way to make them see is to beat it into them very painfully.
Strength/Weakness:
Strengths:
1. Great mic skills due to an extensive vocabulary.
2. Technical and ground expertise.
3. High tolerance of pain due to his studies of pain and how it works.
Weaknesses:
1. Can be reclusive at times.
2. Can be very impatient.
3. Sometimes gets too emotionally involved with people.
Alignment: A heel because the majority of people are not receptive to his message
Trained By: William Regal, The Hart Family, and ROH Wrestling School
Sample Pic of Wrestler:
paul2.jpg

Brief History: Born and raised in Indianapolis, IN. Left home at the age of 17 to travel the world and search for truth and change and how to bring it about. After three years of his search, he came back to the states and decided to become a pro wrestler and explore the mythology, truth, change, and pain housed within it. Has now been in the business for three years on the indie scene, but is ready to step up to the big leagues.
Title History: None
Entrance Music: “Riders on the Storm” by The Doors
Entrance description: Music starts playing and Apotheosis comes out looking down at the floor, seemingly depressed, but he is actually focused and thinking over the truths and changes he has discovered and his upcoming match. In his hand, he carries Joseph Campbell’s “The Hero with a Thousand Faces.” This will change when he finishes it. He slides into the ring, takes off his jacket, plops down in the corner, and opens and starts reading the book waiting for his opponent.
Finishers:
1. The Hero’s Journey (Vertebreaker)
2. The Call to Adventure (Anaconda Vice)
15 Most used moves:
Gargoyle Suplex
Hangman’s Neckbreaker
Double-Underhook Backbreaker

Snap DDT
Half Nelson Bulldog
Sitout Jawbreaker
Russian Leg Sweep
Drop Toe Hold
Diving Knee Drop Bulldog (Calf Branding)
Spinning Heel Kick
Flying Clothesline
Stinger Splash
Northern Lights Suplex
Side Effect
Rolling Fireman’s Carry Slam
Sample RP: Paul Heyman: Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing here with someone that just may change how the world views the business of professional wrestling. To everyone else, he may look like some bum off the streets, but I assure that he is not. Let me introduce the world to the newest acquisition of WZCW, Apotheosis. Apotheosis, would you be so kind as to inform us of who you are and why you are here in WZCW?
Apotheosis: It would be my pleasure Paul. As Paul has stated, I am called Apotheosis. Not many of you are familiar with the term, so I shall enlighten you. Joseph Campbell, a great mythologist came up with something called the Hero’s Journey. Every person has been on this journey, whether they are only now receiving the call to adventure, have entered the belly of the beast, or perhaps slain the villain and are returning to bestow their boon on the townspeople. On this journey, the hero undergoes apotheosis, change, a transformation. They are no longer who they were when they first left, they are something new. As the Christian Bible states, “The old has gone, the new has come.” That is who I am, I am change, I am transformation, I am Apotheosis. Why am I here? That’s a strange question, why? Why do we anything, Paul? I believe that everything happens for a purpose, predestination if you will. And so I am here for a purpose. My purpose is to proclaim the truths of life and to be a harbinger of change. I have traveled and studied the world from the tribes of South America to Hindus in India and to Muslims in Iraq. The one thing that I constantly experience is how so many religions and mythologies are so similar and so intertwined. I see that everything in the world is truth. And so I have to share those truths with the WZCW stars and its fans. I must caution the WZCW stars, though, if you do not willingly think about the truths and changes I present to you, I WILL HURT YOU! For you shall know truth and truth shall transform you or else.

Wrestlers Name: Prototype
Wrestler's Nickname(s): The Future(homage to his most popular training tag team partner, The Future)/ The iCON(homage to his first training tag team partners, iCON)/ Tomorrow's Wrestler Today/ The Vulture/ Southside Superstar(from an old gimmick he was most known for while training)/ KinG(from who he was known as while training)
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 275 lbs
Hometown: Biloxi, MS
Billed From: Mississippi

Appearance:
-----------Hair color/length: Dark Brown/Short
-----------Eye color: Hazel
-----------Facial Hair: Stubble w/ a soul patch
-----------Ring Attire: Blood red wrestling-underwear [Front]”DIAMONDS” big, bold white letters with a diamond below. [Sides] Black mirrored tribal designs. [Back] “PROTO” in black, then the Ruppel’s griffon vulture perched atop a spade logo, then “TYPE”in white; Wears black knee pads with longer red knee pads underneath them; Wears black boots that are outlined in red and have a diamond on the sides; Wears red wristbands and black fingertape.
-----------Backstage Attire: WZCW-promotional black T-shirt[Front] Ruppel’s griffon vulture perched atop a spade logo. [Back] WZCW logo; his black zippable-hoodie that pays homage to every gimmick he's had past&present; or nothing but his ring attire.
-----------Entrance Attire: A pair of Gucci large wrap frame sunglasses with interlocking G detail on temple, silver metal frame with grey lens and black metal hardware & either one of his many WZCW-promotional T-shirts; or his black zippable-hoodie, hood up, that pays homage to every gimmick he's had past&present.[Front] Ruppel’s griffon vulture perched atop a spade logo on the right side of the zipper.[Back] In big, bold letters “Southside” above a half-Skull/half-Robot wearing a royal crown with in big, bold letters “Superstar” below.
-----------Physical Features: A build sorta similar to Chris Benoit but on taller person.
-----------Tattoos: Open-wingspan Ruppel’s griffon vulture on his left arm's shoulder/upper arm, a tribal-esque tattoo on his right wrist to his backhand which ends into a spade, and a small black broken-heart under his left eye.

Gimmick(s): "Perfect" or Gray Wrestler (robotic)/Arrogant&Irritable Superstar/Split Personalities

Strengths:
- Showman
- Hardcore
- Highflyer
- Ladder&Ironman matches

Weaknesses:
- Martial Arts
- Submission
- Brawler
- DQ-enabled&Steel Cage matches

Alignment: Heel/Tweener
Trained By: Mr. Kennedy and Ric Flair(for Charisma&In-ring ability)/ Jeff Hardy(for Hardcore&Highflyer ability)/ WATO
Sample Pic of Wrestler:
prototype.jpg

Brief History: Cardale has always yearned to compete as a pro wrestler. As one of the best on his high school's wrestling team, it was no surprise that he graduated with a scholarship from his 1st choice college for wrestling. He did exceptionally well there, but soon he grew bored of the near, crowdless competitions and desired more. At the age of 19 and in his second year of college, he dropped out and sought wrestling camps and training grounds for those seeking a professional career in the sport. After three years of training and success at WATO(Wrestling Advanced Training Organization), he was discovered by a WZCW talent-scout. At the age of 23, he is now a blue chipper of the WZCW stables.

Title History: None.

Entrance Music: “Tear Away” by Drowning Pool [Asshole Personality]/ “Hollow” by Pantera [Robotic Personality]

Entrance description: [Heel “Tear Away”] The arena becomes completely dark, then sound of fluttering wings and the ominous call of a vulture is heard as his entrance music begins. Prototype makes his appearance with a blood red spotlight upon him as the song’s artist yells “BREAK”, he flaps his arms softly as if they were wings whilst walking across stage, looking at the crowd maniacally. On his way to the ring, he raises his backhand and speaks abusively to fans along the ramp. Making it to the ring, he slides in, jumps to his feet. He walks over to a corner and hops onto the middle turnbuckle to flap his arms, then stares at the crowd before hopping off, and doing the same on the opposite turnbuckle before his opponent's entrance music plays.
[Tweener “Hollow”] He walks out plainly and painfully slow to the ring, looking at the crowd here and there. Once in the ring, he steps and looks about him before his opponent’s entrance.

Finishers:
- CfC/Cure for Cancer (Knee to the Jaw then rushes behind the slow-rising groggy opponent for a quick stiff Neckbreaker)
- Fast Forward (Downed-Opponent, as the opponent rises he runs for the ropes and back for a Shining Wizard whilst the opponent is on his knees)

15 Most used moves:
- Scavenger Spinebuster (Leviathan Spinebuster usually done before either Finisher or Vulture)
- Vulture (Frog Splash)
- Running DDT
- Diving Spear
- Chop-block
- German Suplex
- European Uppercut
- Backbreaker
- Knee Treble
- Dropkick
- Missile Dropkick
- Crossface
- Half-Nelson
- Inverted Atomic Drop
- Running Knee Drop

Sample RP: After the entrance music cut, there you could see Prototype standing in the ring, holding a WZCW microphone. And once scattered showers of thunderous boos had ceased, he every-so-slowly lifted the microphone to his lips... still giving the crowd a manic stare.

Prototype: “Well, glad to see you’re all ‘ecstatic’ to see your ‘all-time favorite’ wrestler...”

Though the sentence was said sarcastically, the barrage of booing began anew. Prototype grit his teeth in anger as the boos showed no sign of stopping, and continued loudly over them.

Prototype: “AS PROTOTYPE WAS SAYING [BOOOO]... it seems that all you fans love are those goody-two-shoes you call wrestlers. You idealize those homo-loving chumps and disrespect true superstars, such as myself. [Booo] And that makes me sick... I would have done away with you guys a loooong time ago if I could have. But, the WZCW is nothing without its fans...[Cheering] as well as it is nothing but a shithole without yours truly.”

A great amount of booing occurred, but anyone with a good ear could hear the slight low cheering beneath the boos. Then the angry crowd started to chant,

Crowd: YOU’RE AN ASSHOLE!~ YOU’RE AN ASSHOLE!~ YOU’RE A-

This disrespect from the fans didn’t exactly boost his ego, but it certainly set him off. You could tell, his face was slightly red with ferocity. He quickly cut them off before they could finish the chant again.

Prototype: “Shut up... SHUT... UP! God dammit, you damn people are so fucking hard to please! Well you know what, the WZCW might need you... but I sure as bloody hell DON’T.”

Crowd: WE DON’T NEED YOU EITHER! WE DON’T NEED YOU~ WE DON’T NEED YOU~ WE DON’T NEED YOU~

He ignored their chant, and went onward to the real point.

Prototype: “Now I’m going to get down and dirty, straight to the god damn nitty gritty... the real reason I blessed you with my appearance. [BOOOO] Look-a-here my ‘adoring’ fans... I’mma be winning that damned Heavyweight title come this Sunday. And every damn fan in this arena will either be applauding and praising Prototype... or you’ll be left crying in a devastated heap. [BOOOO] PROTOTYPE - WILL - BE - YOUR - NEW - CHAMPION... your new... W-Z-C-W Heavyweight Champion, whether you like it, or... NOT! Later, bitches... it’s been real.”

He tosses the microphone over his shoulder, jumps out of the ring and makes his exit up the ramp to the stage flapping his arms.

Reposted and slightly edited by the request of Ricky...

Wrestlers Name: Eric Smith
Wrestlers Nickname:None
Height:6"
Weight:235 pounds
Hometown: Summerside, PEI
Billed From: Atlantic Canada
Appearance:
-----------Hair color/length: Short dirty blonde hair
-----------Eye color: Greenish
-----------Facial Hair: 5 o'clock shadow
-----------Ring Attire: Tights, Red, with White Cresent moons on the sides
-----------Backstage Attire: Same as above, but also a T-Shirt.
-----------Physical Features: Not a very hairy body, but not completely shaven either.
-----------Tattoos: A Cross on my back/neck, with Tribal Wings sprouting out of it, covering my sides, and the "Pi" symbol on my right sholder.
Gimmick: A young kid from Atlantic Canada trying to make it big in the world of Wrestling.
Strength: I'm fast, agile.
Not to cocky in the ring, I keep my cool though.
Plays to the crowd, and feeds of their energy.
I can take a beating and keep coming back for more.
Weakness: Submits way to easily
Not physically strong
Not very technical.
Alignment: Face
Trained By: Local wrestling teachers
Sample Pic of Wrestler:
ChristianCage.jpg

Brief History: A fresh face to the booming business that is Professional Wrestling, Eric is one of the brightest young athletes in Atlantic Canada. However, being from that area, breaking out into the bigtime is a bit of a challenge. So Eric has travelled all over Canada, wrestling in competitions, and although not always winning, always making a good showing. Basically, he's your run of the mill kid trying to make it big.
Title History:N/A
Entrance Music: "Endless Challenge" - F-Zero
Entrance description: My music plays for aproximatly 7-8 seconds before I come out from behind the curtain, and I immediatly start to play to the crowd, clapping and raising my arms, jumping up and down, just getting exited. As I'm heading to the ring, I might do a litte stretching of my arms and such, crack a few bones, climb into the ring via stairs, and continue to play it up to the crowd.
Finishers: "The Sandspit" (Buzzsaw Kick)
"Confederation Flip" (backwardas flipping DDT)
15 Most used moves: Mid Kick (to the gut)
Cutter (simaler to an RKO, only not to over rated)
Diving Spear (of the turnbuckle)
Suicide Dive (out of the ring)
Boston Crab
Crossface
Legdrop
Falling Elbow
Quick DDT
Running Sideflip DDT
Takedown Clothesline
Frontflip splash
Slap in the Face
Quick Firemans Carry
Legchoke
Sample RP:

Camera starts rolling while focused on the ceiling, then slowly lowers to reveal "Eric Smith".
"Hi. My names Eric Smith. I'm from Atlantic Canada, a place where no one makes it big. But I'm here to prove that theory wrong. I might not have some bizarre over the top gimmick, or a crapload of money. I'm just a young kid with a huge heart who wants to make a name for not only myself, but make my country proud. I wanna put my hometowns name, a place barely big enough to be called a city, on the map. I'm doing this for the fans. I'm doing this for my friends and family. But most of all, I'm doing this to prove that I, Eric Smith, can hang with the big boys. So get ready, here comes a new kind of Rookie. The kind that'll not only keep coming back, but will come back and know that much more on how to take my opponents out. And believe me, when I get that chance, I WILL take them out!
Camera fades to black as Eric continues staring...

Wrestlers Name: Michael Mars
Wrestlers Nickname: The Miracle Man, The Dream Machine, The Harlem Heartbreaker, The Ebony Adonis
Height: 6'1''
Weight:229
Hometown:Harlem, New York
Billed From:Harlem, New York
Appearance:
-----------Hair color/length:Black, Cropped short
-----------Eye color: Dark Brown
-----------Facial Hair: Generally only a few days growth.
-----------Ring Attire: Black boots with yellow trim, green knee pads, green short-trunks with black and yellow trim. A black star on one side, and a yellow star on the other.
-----------Backstage Attire: Jimi Hendrix inspired jeans and t-shirts. Often with heavily mirrored aviators and bangles or bandannas around his wrists.
-----------Physical Features: Mars is a good looking guy, but he seems older than his years.
-----------Tattoos: Mars has a dragon tattoo running up his left arm over his shoulder and onto his chest.
Gimmick: Mars is a calm and confident ring general who is older than his years. He has a great deal of respect for the business and for himself. Mars is always out to give the people the best technical wrestling match they have ever seen.
Strength/Weakness: Mars is a fantastic and innovative technician, and has the ability to pull a finisher or a counter to a finisher out of nowhere. On the other side of the coin, he tends to wrestle as a much bigger wrestler, and when wrestling a much bigger wrestler he can often find he needs to change his game plan from what he is most comfortable with.
Alignment: Tweener (Mars doesn't much care about the drama surrounding the sport, and is solely focused on the wrestling)
Trained By: The Original Miracle Man Kingdom Jones
Sample Pic of Wrestler:
lead_pic1.jpg

Brief History: Mars was trained by The Miracle Man Kingdom Jones in Harlem New York. After eight months of training, Mars faced Jones in this first match, defeating his mentor and taking the Miracle Man name for himself.
Title History: Mars has held many minor titles in his carreer, but has yet to become 'the man' in any promotion he has been in.
Entrance Music: Iron Lion Zion by Bob Marley
Entrance description: Yellow and green lights flood the arena, strobing and pulsing as the opening horns to Marley's Iron Lion Zion plays in the arena. Mars appears in the entrance ramp and makes his way to ringside, slapping a few hands, but largely focused on the match to come. He rolls under the bottom rope, and begins stretching in the ring, waiting for his opponent.
Finishers: Harlem Hook (Border City Stretch), Miracle Driver (An Argentine Back Breaker Rack dropped into a double knee back breaker - similar to an inverted double knee gutbuster 01 from SVR 08)
15 Most used moves:
Snap Suplex
Hammerlock DDT
Float over DDT
Pepsi Twist
Reverse DDT
Dropkick to back
Superkick to the back of the head
Swinging Neckbreaker
Northern Lights Suplex
German Suplex
European Uppercut
Any variety of backbreakers
Senton
Full Nelson Camel Clutch (Kingdom Come - tribute to his trainer)
Sample RP:

(Note: This is an RP from another fed I was in that shut down. If you're just interested in the 'Promo' part of it, check out the last six mini-paragraphs).

I never liked this man. Fat and lazy, you could always find Nathanial Duke with a limp cigarette clutched between yellowed teeth; blue-green smoke wrapping his face like a death shroud. I never liked this man, but as soon as I stepped foot off of the plane I came to see him. His office was small and stained. The walls and ceiling that had once been maroon were now dusty pink, the large window behind his desk was gray with dust and filmed with smoke. The desk between us was a deep cherry, its corners scuffed and dented its face scratched and scuffed. The chair I sat in chafed beneath me. A tear in the fabric allowed ancient foam to press through the gap like a dead baby being stillborn, or a bulbous white tumor slick with disease. The left arm was cracked and I found myself fingering the jagged wooden slivers as Nathanial swiveled behind his desk. His chair didn't look much better, though as with much in this room it was not what it had once been. The fine supple leather had dried over the years, and now crinkled beneath his weight hard and cracking. The tan on the hide had worn away from a deep chocolate to a light brown where his head constantly rubbed against the high back and cigarette burns dotted its arms like tract marks on a junkie. We sat there in silence for a long time; him knowing what I wanted, me knowing he knew.

'So,' he said with a voice like stale death with a southern drawl, smoke leaking from his nose. 'What can I do for the great Michael Mars?' his voice was wet with sarcasm and not a little bit of disgust. When I said nothing and only looked at him through mirrored lenses, he levied himself from his chair with no small amount of effort and attempted a swipe at my face, his short fat fingers like spoiled sausage, the tips yellowed by nicotine, the rest slick with the unhealthy sweat of a man on the wrong edge of obesity. 'You'll take those off when you're in my office!' he bellowed. I swayed in my seat and swatted his hand aside feeling dirtier for having touched it. As he stood there huffing with the effort of his attack, I saw Nathanial Duke in all his time worn, artery clogged glory for the first time in nearly a year. His cream colored slacks strained to stay fastened around his mammoth waist and I knew immediately that Nate was not yet ready to admit that he had grown. His dress shit was equally ill fitting, barely tucked into the pants, it was dark with sweat not only under his arms but around his collar and atop the curve of his disgusting belly. He swayed as he stood there, red faced and veins popping and bulging beneath oily skin. I sat stone still looking up at him through mirrored lenses. I knew he didn't like his reflection, but I didn't care. His gray hair was messy though it tried to look neat, and he had cut himself shaving this morning, dark brown scabs of dried blood dotted his throat and his many chins. He puffed out his jowls and shook his head violently before turning on his heel and dropping back into his chair. The poor thing screamed in protest as sat. I remained quiet. I only looked at him as his face grew redder and redder until I thought it was going to burst. We sat there for longer, still. Me looking at him, him looking at his own reflection. Finally he pressed a yellow tipped sausage finger against a button on the intercom on his desk that I had assumed was broken it was so dented and rusted. I faintly heard a buzzing sound in the next room. I looked over my shoulder casually and then back to Nate who hadn't taken his eyes off of me. A voice squawked tinny over the line.

'Yes, Mr. Duke?' it said.

'Doreen, bring me the keys to unit 901 for 1298 Amsterdam Avenue', Nathan said without taking his eyes from the fat man in my glasses.

'Yes, Mr. Duke' the voice said.
I could hear the quiet sound of drawer opening and keys jingling and a few moments later the rotten door to his rotten office swung open, and the homely woman I had passed in the anteroom walked in, her feet dragging slightly on the grey-blue carpet. Dust took flight with each step and I wondered fleetingly how long it had been since a vacuum had tasted those fibers.

The woman walked past me without so much as a glance and placed the keys on the table with lunch-lady arms, blue veins behind loose white skin. Neither of us said a word until long after the woman was gone, and the keys were in Nathan's hands. He took one last look at the man in my glasses and tossed the keys across the table. I caught them, and pushed the seat out behind me as I stood.
'You have until five pm, Mars. I've got cleaners coming,' he lied. I made for the door and I could hear his breathing run itself ragged. 'Don't I get a thank you, Mr. Mars?' he said. I turned to look at the fat man sweating behind his desk, a limp cigarette between his baked bean teeth. I smiled the smile I knew he hated.
'Thank you,' I said.

I opened the door and the words 'Five pm, Michael. Five pm,' followed me out. Doreen eyed me as I walked across the anteroom, the furniture here little better than inside the office of Nathanial Duke. The pale yellow couch that rested against the wall had once been white, and the green leather chairs still showed signs of their true black in the folds of the hide. I move briskly past the old womans cracking particle board desk and toward the elevator. I pressed the button and then decided to take the stairs. It was only three floors and I could use the exercise. I reached the ground floor and walked out into the broken down old lobby. The place was gutted and empty as with all Nathanial's buildings. The city had forced the slum lord to close all his buildings in the city, deeming them unfit for even the poor black folk to live in. The keys jingled heavy in my pocket as I pushed open the heavy wooden door and stepped out onto Franklin Delano Roosevelt drive.

The street was crowded, the sidewalks packed. I looked at my watch, and it said eleven forty nine. I had five hours. I took the steps two at a time and hit the sidewalk at a trot. A black man in a hurry in Harlem is hardly a novelty and most gave me no air on the concrete. I shouldered my way past men in suits and men in rags alike simply trying to find the curb and my rented car. I found the thing and poured myself into the drivers seat, closed the door and turned the engine over. I gave a quick glance at the duffel bag on the passenger side seat to make sure it was still there. It was. I waited my turn in a long line of traffic and slid the jalopy into the steel snake heading north along FDR drive. It took me nearly an hour and forty five minutes to make my way to west one forty fifth street. I hung a left and headed toward Amsterdam Ave. Kids were playing in the cement courtyard when I pulled in.

I didn't recognize any of them, but I waived just the same. I wondered if they knew they were going to be evicted this afternoon. They stopped their game to look at me as I stepped out of my ride. I ignored them and walked to the passenger side and pulled out the gray bag. It hung from my hand as I walked slowly through the court yard, suspicious black eyes in underprivileged little heads followed me the entire walk. My torn old blue jeans and old worn t-shirt didn't set me apart from these people. It was my BMW. I waived a group of kids over and gave each of them five dollars. I told them there would be another twenty each if my car was still as I left it when I came back out. The oldest - a fat Hispanic Black kid of about ten stammered his promise that it would be and the other picked up the chorus. I climbed the steps to the building and felt as though they might crack and fall away from under me. Some things never change. I tried the door, and it was locked so I sent my hand into my pocket for the keys Nate Duke had given me. They came out with a ring and slid into the lock with a comfortable purr. The lock turned and I stepped inside. I checked the buzzer for 901. It was blank. Good, I thought. I walked through the lobby, my booted feet ringing off the bare cement floor. Graffiti tattooed the walls, and vandalism spiced the room. A broken chair sat forgotten in a corner beside an overturned garbage can. The metal banister along the stairs leading up from the far north corner was bent in some places, broken in others and all together missing in a select few stretches of the climb. The elevator here hadn't worked since nineteen eighty seven and I found myself taking the nine floor climb one step at a time. On the walk up my mind wandered to the Wasabi Dragon and why I had lost my temper during that promo. 'Respect is earned,' I told myself. 'And it's not earned that way.' When I reached the door to the ninth floor, a strange feeling of home crept over me and a nostalgia gripped my heart as I gripped the knob. For a moment I was seventeen again, alone and excited and moving in what little I had. This was long before I met Drederick Snow. Long before I knew anyone, and long before anyone knew me. As I walked through the doorway and onto the floor the smell of cat urine brought me back to the now and my face scrunched up all on its own. I took a few ginger steps in the rank hallway and then walked briskly to 901 at the end of the hall. My key turned in the lock with only a little struggle, and I pushed the door open. Dust danced in the light streaming in through the open window, playing in the breeze. The small one room apartment was empty. No mirrors on the wall, no furniture on the floor only a short stained carpet and kitchen in the corner. I breathed deeply and saw the room as it had been when it was mine. Still small and dirty, but over-full with belongings. It, as everything else, had seemed brighter and grander and more promising than it did now or ever would again. I stepped inside and closed the door slowly behind me. I walked across the small room and in ten paces I was at the kitchen counter. I set my bag on the floor and unzipped it. I pulled out the video camera I had borrowed from Ever Popular Pro, and set it on the counter. Not trusting there to be hydro here I plugged the battery pack into the camera and punched the record button before walking across the room and sitting on the floor opposite the camera, the light from the window on my face, the soft breeze in my hair.
I sighed to myself and took my time. I could have the EPP guys edit out the silence, but I had to pick my words carefully.

'Wasabi,' I said. 'I want to apologize to you for some of my comments in my half of our last back and fourth. I guess you could say that you caught me on a bad day.' I smiled to myself and ran a hand over the stubble on my chin. 'I meant what I said though, Dragon. Most of it, anyway.' I reached into my pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. I looked into the camera for a moment before looking down to read what was written there.

'And once I get through Michael Mars, I'm going to do what your mother should have done a long, long time ago. Beat the respect into you.' I crumpled up the piece of paper and tossed it aside. 'There are your words, Dragon,' I said. '"Once you get through Michael Mars". That sounds like a pretty definitive mark to me, Wasabi, and that's fine. Be sure of yourself. In our business if one isn't sure of himself, he's already lost. I shouldn't begrudge you for that, just as you shouldn't begrudge me. Ours is a business full of ego's. Mine and yours. Phoenix's and Amerous'. Keith Williams' and Peter Gilmore's. But I say let us put our egos aside and work together to build both our legacies with one match. Win or lose there is one thing that every man woman and child can count on from Michael Mars and that is his best. When I step into that ring with you at Rise of the Phoenix, Dragon I will give you the best of me. There will be a winner and there will be a loser, but we will give those people the match of their lives and when we are finished and when the dust has cleared the memory of who won will not stand nearly as clearly as the memory of the contest itself. You have your twenty four drivers. You bring each one of them to the table, Dragon. I'll bring only my one, and it's all I'll need. I am Michael Mars where ever I go, Dragon. Different titles precede my name, but do not misunderstand; Michael Mars I remain.' I leaned my head back against the wall, looking at the ceiling. A took a deep breath and the words racing though my head slowed. I looked back to the camera.

'I know that you have a storied legacy of which you are very proud. I also know that I can beat you, Dragon. I know that once you are inside that ring with me you are just another wrestler, and that with a little luck and a lot of hard work and heart there is no wrestler in the world that I cant beat. I invite you to bring me everything you've got and to test that knowledge. I don't know that I will beat you Wasabi Dragon Twenty Four. I do know that I can beat you, and come august fifteenth we will see if you can beat me.' I took off my mirrored sunglasses and looked into the camera lens as if I were looking only into the eyes of the Wasabi Dragon.

'I am El Milagro. I am Wunder-Mann. I am The Harlem Heartbreaker. I am Kid Lightning. I am The Ebony Adonis. I am the Miracle Man.' I smiled a smile that made me feel younger than my years. 'I am Michael Mars. You dig?'

I winked at the camera and stood. I walked across the room and turned off the camera before sliding it carefully back into its bag. I looked around the small room and sighed to myself. I wanted to show him where I came from. 'Would it matter,' I wondered?

I picked up my bag and opened the door to the hallway, and to the smell of cat urine. I walked toward the stairwell and opened the door. As I descended the cracked cement stairs I wondered if my car would still be waiting for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back